• Forum Masters
  • 14682 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:02 AM

Posted Image
Andy Hui speaks to Sammi Cheng at the wedding ceremony of
Dicky Cheung in the Phillipines on January 12, 2008. [File Photo: sina.com]

Andy Hui and Sammi Cheng Together Again
Crienglish

Hong Kong pop star Andy Hui admitted to rumours about his reunion with his old flame, singer-actress Sammi Cheng.

During a recent training session with Hong Kong's celebrity football team, Andy Hui was asked by a reporter whether the rumours were true and he responded with 'a nod and a smile', the Chongqing Evening News reports.

Actor Dicky Cheung, a good friend of Hui, said, "They have been together for such a long time, and we all wish them every success."

Andy Hui and Sammi Cheng both attended the wedding ceremony of Dicky Cheung in the Philippines in January and stayed for three days after the ceremony ended, triggering speculation about their revival of once-severed relationship.

Hui, 42, and Cheng, 37, began dating in 1996 and formally broke up in 2004.

#162 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49912 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 02:35 AM

Andy Hui willing to be a unmarried father
Wednesday August 5, 2009 Hong Kong
Source: Mingpao
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

Posted Image

The other day, Andy Hui celebrated his birthday on August 12th with Fans. During the party, children fed Andy cake and he described the feeling as: "it feels like I'm getting a Father's fortunes". Asked if he's going to be an official father soon? Andy said: "I want to too, I've always liked children. But will have to look at fate." He frankly said that he does not mind being an unmarried father because it's happy news, two in one (marriage and children).

#163 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 14682 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:56 PM

Metro Radio Andy Lau, Richie Jen & Andy Hui Diamond Megastar concert

Metro Radio Andy Lau, Richie Jen & Andy Hui Diamond Megastar concert was be held at Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre on 8 August. The gathering of these 3 superstars whose combined age is more than 100 years old, of course will attract countless of fans to watch such a concert which is hard to come by.

Richie sang his Cantonese song ‘Peng You, Ni Bian Le Mei You’ and latest single ‘Fu Ge Di Yi Ju’. Andy Hui then sang ‘Bi Yi Shuang Fei’, followed by Heal The World.

Andy Lau also solo to sing I Wish before the three brothers gathered together on the stage again to sing ‘Du Zi Qu Tou Huan’, ‘Dui Nian De Nv Hai Kan Guo Lai’ and many other classic songs.

Andy’s appearance creates the highest commotion as it bring the venue’s atmosphere to greater heights. Most of the audience are Andy’s fans thus all of them rushed towards the stage when they sighted their idol, thus resulting a small commotion, the concert as if become a Andy World Club gathering. On seeing the situation, Andy urge the fans to go back to their seats by saying: “I got a message, the Hong Kong police are coming down to do a spot check, could all of you please step back.”

Andy also did not forget to perform Latin dance which won loud applause.

Towards the end of the concert, they played with water guns as they sprayed water while singing, they seemed to be enjoying themselves as all got themselves drenched. Andy even exclaimed: “Even my underwear is drenched, I didn’t bring any extra.”

August 12 is Andy Hui’s birthday, his fans brought a birthday cake for him to celebrate with him, however the “birthday boy” was drenched by Andy whom love to play with water guns. Andy even made a promise with Andy Hui and Richie that they will play water guns together again on Richie’s upcoming concert.

When talked about Johnnie To claiming that heavenly king superstars are troublesome as they need several assistant around them, he also said that sometimes Andy Lau is not nice. With regards to this, Andy said: “He’s very nice, (He said that there are too many people around the heavenly king thus making him not nice) If he really said that, I wanted him to apologize, followed by a short discussion with him, I treated him well.”

There is also reports that Andy will collaborate with Jet Li in New Shaolin Temple, Andy expressed: “This film indeed appeared on my work schedule, but Jet should not be in it, really not sure.”

news from: ent.tom.com, ent.ifeng.com, ent.mop.com, Wei Wen Po, Ming Pao, Sina.com
Credits: http://andylausounds.com

#164 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 14682 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 01:31 AM

Posted Image

Andy Hui considers Sammi Cheng as a guest for the "Big 4" concert next year

Big 4 (Dicky Cheung, Andy Hui, William So and Edmond Leung) participated in the <Tung Wah Charity Show 2009> blessing ceremony yesterday. Tonight, it will be the first time that the Big 4 are doing a public performance together. They arrived at the studio early to rehearse.

Andy was asked if he still has something for Sammi Cheng because earlier he visited Sammi while she was rehearsing? He said that he has the same dance instructor as Sammi, they get their dance lessons a floor below and above one another. They often bump into each other. He expressed that they both support one another, Sammi's new album he already brought two copies, one for at home and one for his car. Next year, Big 4 will be holding a concert and he will consider asking Sammi to be their guest.

#165 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49912 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 08:37 AM

Sammi Cheng confesses love to Andy Hui "is I love him too much..."
Sunday December 27, 2009 Hong Kong

Posted Image Posted Image

Sammi Cheng and Andy Hui have already broken up long ago, but for several years they still remain a pair in Fans' hearts. Last night Andy was Sammi's guest at her concert, during the encore he exposed that she changed the song to <Actually Do You Have Me In Your Heart> on short notice, while Sammi changed the lyrics to shy away from Andy's eye contact.

That night Sammi said: "Tonight I have a very special guest, let me take a drink first because the next song I haven't sang for N years!" When the music came on, Sammi and Andy began singing their golden duet <Actually Do You Have Me In Your Heart> and the audience gave loud cheers in response. Andy brought up red roses for Sammi, the scene was quite romantic. Sammi then changed the lyrics from "is I love YOU too much" to "is I love HIM too much", leading to loud cheers from the audience again. Facing old love, Sammi appeared embarrassed. When they were singing the ending of the song "actually do you have me in your heart..." she was not able to continue the next line and avoided Andy's eye contact.

Afterwards, Sammi asked Andy: "How come you are so short?", Andy just laughed: "Sammi do you have 10 inch heels?" He expressed that he especially gave her flowers to match with her concert outfit. He also said that the sales from Sammi's new album will all go towards charity. He brought a copy, but then William So took it away from him, later he plans to buy another 100 copies to support her.

Then Andy sang a song dedicating to Sammi <The Alone You Is Irreplacable> , he laughed and said: "This song is actually mines! She stole it, making everyone think it's her song. Tonight I want to sing it once for her."

Giving Sammi flowers and being her concert guest, is Andy afraid girlfriend will get angered? He said: "My girlfriend won't get angry nor will she get jealous. She admires Sammi as a singer." Asked about Sammi changing the lyrics to 'confess her love' and appeared shy, Andy smiled and said: "Mentioning this, I am getting fired up! Actually I'm really afraid of being late to the Metro award ceremony, start sweating and forgetting lyrics. Giving her flowers is because I didn't give her a flower basket, she already played me well. Initially we were suppose to sing <In The Past Years>, I already memorized the lyrics, but then she suddenly changed the song at the last minute, causing me to get all confused. I had to memorize the lyrics on the spot."

As for Sammi's "confession", Andy told everyone not to be so sensitive. There was no special meaning to giving her the red roses. The most touching to him was the Fans' love towards Sammi. He said: "The two singers I admired most is my mentor Anita Mui and the other is...." Asked if the other is his old love? Andy said that: "No need to be so direct."

#166 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49912 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 05:36 AM

Andy Hui says he likes Sammi Cheng when speaking of getting back together
Sunday April 25, 2010 Hong Kong

Posted Image

Andy Hui was in Nanking for product promotions. Sammi Cheng attended the BIG FOUR concert earlier, when Andy performed <Only You Are Irreplaceable>, fans started shouting Sammi's name and she became the focus point. News exposed that they might get back together? He did not answer directly, he only smiled and said: "Relationships, I am very low key on. I can say that for this concert, the people I like came." This implies that Sammi is a someone he likes.

Lately BIG FOUR (Dicky Cheung, Edmond Leung, William So and Andy Hui) are having good success. He said that they have known each other for 20+ years, they have the same goals and stubbornness towards music.

#167 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 14682 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:32 PM

Posted Image

Sammi Cheng and Andy Hui Return to Hong Kong On the Same Airplane

Translated by: KAY @ http://kays-entertai...t.blogspot.com/

Although Sammi Cheng and Andy Hui never admitted they reconciled, but yesterday the two returned home from Taiwan on the same plane. Sammi returned from promoting album. Did Andy went with her in secret, trying to reconcile?

Last night, Sammi and Andy walked out the gate separately. Andy left ten minutes earlier. Asked whether he went to Taiwan to be with Sammi? Andy kept his smile and said: "I went to Taiwan for work, asked well-known director to film MV for my new song 《金鐘罩》. I saw Sammi when I got to Taiwan. We both had our own work to do, didn't invite each other to meet." Andy only admitted returning to Hong Kong on the same plane with Sammi, but asked how come they didn't leave together? Andy said: "She has more lugage, so I left first." As for whether they reconciled, Andy only answered "Went to Taiwan for work" to avoid answering question of reconciling.

Although Sammi wore sunglasses, but she still had smile on her face all the time. When reporters asked her about Andy, Sammi only said "Heard he went to film MV." She also admitted returning Hong Kong on the same plane with him. However, as for them reconciling, Sammi only replied with "HAHA." She even said reporters already asked a lot that they should be thirsty. In contrast, when talking about rumors of her dating Shawn Yue, Sammi expressed they're impossible to be together.

#168 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49912 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 11:47 PM

Andy Hui Announces Breakup With Girlfriend Michelle
Saturday July 31, 2010 Hong Kong
Source: Mingpao / Translated by: KAY @ kays-entertainment.blogspot.com

Posted Image

In yesterday's "Music is Live," Andy Hui suddenly disclosed he broke up with girlfriend Michelle last month. Asked whether is because of his reuniting rumors with Sammi Cheng that caused girlfriend to leave? Andy said helplessly: "It's not because of Sammi, just she and I have personality difference, really isn't because of Sammi."

Last night after the concert, reporters asked whether his girlfriend came to support him? Andy suddenly exposed they already broke up last month. He said: "I'm a human just like everyone else. I can only say she is a good girl. Unfortunately we have personality difference. Now can only look forward to the future." But asked whether he said to break up first, he said he doesn't want to talk about it. Whenever everyone asks him about girlfriend before, he doesn't know how to answer it as well. Now he can only tell everyone they broke up.
  • Gill#1Fan likes this

#169 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 14682 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 02:33 AM

Posted Image

Source: Oriental Daily
Credits: KAY @ http://kays-entertainment.blogspot.com

Andy Hui Goes Silent and Blackfaced Hearing Reuniting Rumors

Andy Hui flied to Malaysia last week for BIG FOUR concert. Originally planned to return to Hong Kong yesterday afternoon, only Edmond Leung and William So showed up at the airport; Andy Hui and Dick Cheung were missing. Edmond and William said: "They won't be here in a short amount of time. (avoiding reporters?) No, business class cabin was overcrowded, so we returned first. (Andy's emotions affected the performance?) No, he is very professional. The show went well. The four of us were happy. (Contact ex?) Been busy lately." As for Andy's ex Sammi Cheng brought up she doesn't want to disturb love, Edmond said: "Give them some space."

Because Michelle (Andy's ex) is good sister of William's girlfriend, so William spoke good things for Michelle: "Especially Michelle, lots of pressure to handle. (Comfort her?) Not yet. Don't know whether girlfirned call her or not. (Want Andy and Michelle to get back together?) They're adults, need to respect their decision. Hope the three of them are happy." They said they didn't know Andy and Michelle broke up before: "Only Dick felt something's wrong. But Andy is still good right now. He has work, it's better than staying at home." As for Michelle peaked at Andy's SMS, William said: "What! Even close friends like us don't know about it. (Worry Michelle would expose secrets?) Can't worry. There is freedom of speech in Hong Kong."

Don't dare to play with rumors

As for Andy, he returned Hong Kong at around 10PM and Dick accompanied with him. Andy was emotionless the whole time and walked with his head down. He didn't answer anything reporters asked. A mic of a television station accidentally hit his face and Andy went a little black-faced! He walked very fast and only said: "Excuse me." Dick pointed Andy is feeling OK. In a press event earlier, the BIG FOUR members once joked they would bring rumors of Andy and his ex to the stage. But in the end, no one mentioned anything to prevent making the situation worse.

#170 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 14682 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:50 AM

Posted Image

http://j.imagehost.o...788/17MA005.jpg
http://j.imagehost.o...096/17MA003.jpg
(Sammi Cheng || Former assistant "Little Bro" (Poon Hang Jeung)

http://j.imagehost.o...998/17ma201.jpg
(Michelle Yu)

Andy Hui apologizes to his ex-girlfriends; Former assistant reveals the secret romance with Andy

In July, Andy Hui announced to the media that he broke up with his girlfriend Michelle Yu and that he's single again. In the last half month, the "drama" got out of hand, initially this is an issue between Andy and Michelle, but even old lover Sammi Cheng was dragged into the drama. A few days after the announcement, Sammi wrote a 1000 character article clarifying that she did not get back with Andy. Who would have thought that the day before another "Ching Ngau Kam" comes out. Andy's former assistant, nicknamed "Little Bro" (Poon Hang Jeung), announced her 'secret romance' with Andy several years ago. Andy suffered from love injuries and at the same time is accused of being a "jerk" and "big liar lover". Andy, now full of ants, expressed his apologies yesterday. He said that he wants to be a good person, but is not good enough. He admits that he has mistreated his women.

The day before, Little Bro announced that she is Andy's old lover and supported Andy saying he's not a jerk. However, the more Little Bro tried to help, the worse it got, people are now accusing Andy as the "big liar lover". Yesterday Edmond Leung, William So and Andy were doing the dance rehearsal together, he faces the media again.

At 3pm, while Andy left for the rehearsal he encountered a group of reporters asking him why he didn't admit to dating his assistant before? He did not say anything, and just rushed up to the rehearsal room. His record company expressed that Andy will issue a statement to the media and will not respond to the issue anymore thereafter.

Andy says in his letter:

Posted Image

To the media:

A few days ago, my ex-girlfriend, Little Bro, accepted an interview from a magazine. I thank her for saying that I am a good person. In these 2-3 days, I was at home alone, asking myself, actually I have always wanted to be a good person, but in reality I didn't do enough. If I was good enough, I wouldn't have caused pain to her in the last 3 years. Turns out that there are many things, especially relationships, I did not handle well. There are many immature and inappropriate areas, I want to sincerely say I'm sorry to Little Bro. As for Michelle, after I announced the break up, I have brought her a lot of ups and downs, making her troubled. I brought so much trouble and inconvenience to her family and colleagues. No matter if it's for Michelle or people who love her, I brought them pain.

Those responsibilities, I must accept, I will accept them all myself. Please everyone, don't bother them anymore, let them have a peaceful life.

Relationships, I really can't say in a few words, I hope everyone can give me a little more time and space to allow me to reflect and handle the issues I have to face in the future. Recently I have received many messages from good friends and reporters comforting me. The encouragement you all gave me, I received it all, I am greatly grateful.

Andy.

#171 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49912 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:55 AM

Sammi Cheng and Andy Hui Caught On Dinner Date
Friday March 4, 2011 Hong Kong
Credits to Jayne @ http://www.jaynestars.com

Posted Image

Although 43-year-old Andy Hui Chi On and 38-year-old Sammi Cheng Sau Man have denied rumors that they were dating on recent occasions, a reporter spotted the pair on a dinner date at 4 PM yesterday. The pair dined at a restaurant in the Jordan district, sitting in a dimly-lit corner. Upon discovering reporters, Andy appeared embarrassed and had to take a sip of tea to steady himself. Sammi acted more generously and smiled happily at Andy.

Romantic sparks occurred between Sammi and Andy in 1991 when they collaborated on duet song, Do You Truly Have Me in Your Heart <其實你心裡有沒有我>. To protect both their careers, Sammi and Andy maintained an 11-year underground relationship before publicly revealing their relationship in 2001 at the Jade Solid Gold awards. When the pair broke up in 2004, many fans hoped that they would reunite again. Sammi acknowledged that she did not date anyone in the last few years. When Andy broke up with his ex-girlfriend, Michelle, last year, many people speculated that he would reunite with Sammi again.

When the reporter spotted Sammi and Andy at the restaurant, they were in the middle of a conversation. Spotting the reporter, Andy pointed his finger at Sammi and said, “The reporter is here for you!” Since their date was discovered, Andy's face blushed. He picked up a cup of tea and repeatedly sipped it to steady himself. When reporters took photos, Andy forced himself to calm down and said, “It's okay.” Finally collecting himself, Andy asked the reporter, “Which publication are you from?”

After finishing their meal, Sammi stepped outside first. When reporters asked whether the pair were dating again, Sammi remained silent while smiling in response. The answer appeared self-evident. Andy said sternly, “Don't say that.” After driving Sammi home, Andy went back to his own home

#172 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49912 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:45 AM

Andy Hui personally announces he and Sammi Cheng are back together
Monday March 7, 2011 Hong Kong
Source: Oriental Daily

Andy Hui and Sammi Cheng's rumors has been going on for 20 years. Since their breakup, Andy lost a pop queen to depend on, and his popularity quickly went downhill. To rescue his dead water career, in the last several years Andy would borrow the rumors to get up top. In the most recent one, he made a fierce move and ditched his girlfriend outside of the industry, Michelle Yu, who he had secretly been dating for 3 years. This stirred up suspicions that there is a triangle love going on. Although there are more negative news than positive ones, the rumors led to a path of riches. Soon, Andy and his brothers from BIG FOUR are going to hold a concert tour with over 20 shows.

Soon to hold his concert, Andy was again "coincidentally" photographed with Sammi eating out by the media. Immediately following the exposure, Andy tries to get promotions again. Yesterday he accepted Eileen Cha's radio interview and admitted that he and Sammi are back together. Later when he attended a public event, he personally announced in big smiles that he successfully got back together with Sammi. He said: "The reporters photographed that dinner I had with Sammi. In the last few days, Sammi and I have consensus, we feel that this is the truth, we should tell our friends about it. Dating is something very normal. We're giving us a try, get to know each other all over again."

Will not insult love

Andy reiterated that he and Sammi "just" sparked love again. He hopes the public can give them time and space. Asked how he attracted Sammi? He said: "Feelings. (Who pursued who?) There is no way to how feelings started, it's very natural." He admitted that the relationship caused a lot of pressure to him, so he will handle it low-key. When asked again if their relationship is sweeter than before? He smiled so much, wrinkles appeared on his face, and nodded: "Hmm."

As this time he admitted getting back together in high profile makes people suspect that he's trying to get promotions? Andy said: "I am very open about this, I believe no one can take a real relationship and treat it as promotion, otherwise it is an insult to the word love." It was said that the time was just coincidentally, it's hard for people to believe. He said: "If it has to come, then can't calculate it. For this matter, don't have to care about how others see it, just following my own heart."

Denies marrying this year

This year is Andy's 25th anniversary since he's entered the industry. Asked if getting Sammi back is the best gift? Andy laughed: "I hope so." There are reports saying that ex-girlfriend Michelle is clinically depressed, and his family has to encourage her to take medication. Andy avoided the question: "We have to look forward, look ahead into the future. Don't mention the past, she's not in the industry, don't bother her." Also, before Andy and Sammi's reconcile, there were several different rumors including that they'll be getting married this year, rushing to have children, and Sammi received 999 roses as part of the marriage proposal. Andy denied to everything, and said that marriage is too far away. Currently, they are just using a peaceful mind to face the future. Asked if he'll follow his girlfriend and believe in God? He said: "Today I am not talking about this issue."

At the event, Sammi and Andy's manager (Kwok Kai Wai) was asked if Sammi will be her boyfriend's guest at his concert? He admitted that it's planned: "In the last meeting, the first thing Andy asked was to erase Sammi's name off the list. I guess because they just got back together a week or two before, so he was a little nervous." Mr. Kwok agreed that announcing their relationship at this time does cause suspicions that it's all for promotions, but he supported Andy: "This promotion is harmful, there won't be someone that stupid."

#173 iWasteTime

iWasteTime

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1152 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:34 PM

So Andy Hui will be having three shows May 27-29 at the HKC!

Posted Image

Here is the theme song to his On and On Anniversary Concert!!! :thumbsup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mAyzSB95Mg&feature=related

#174 iWasteTime

iWasteTime

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1152 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:18 AM

Credits: hkheadlinenews
Here is a clip of Andy Hui and Paco sitting down and chatting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL37gX6to1k&feature=channel_video_title

It's kinda long, but basically they talk about Andy's upcoming concert and that he is working with Mark Lui, and Joey Tang. The low down on rumors of maybe some dancing, a longer rundown and hence an earlier show, guests and collabs (Deanie Yip? Sammi? Big 4?), but primarily focused on his song/singing.

#175 iWasteTime

iWasteTime

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1152 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:08 AM

Credits: East Asia Music

Andy Hui 《一直相愛》OFFICIAL MV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mECIk1RgxE0
Many people are featured in this MV including, Andy's fans, Denise, Ivana, Wilfred, Paco, Ellen, Joey Tang, Barry Yip, Mark, and Eddie from EO2 (he use to be one of Andy's dancers).

#176 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49912 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:55 AM

Sammi Cheng attends all 3 of boyfriend Andy Hui's HK Coliseum concert
Friday May 27, 2011 Hong Kong

Last night, Andy Hui held the first of three shows to his ON AND ON 25th Anniversary Concert at Hong Kong Coliseum. Of course his girlfriend Sammi Cheng went to support him after she finished her ribbon-cutting ceremony job.

Sammi laughed and said she will be watching all three shows, but won't be going on stage because she doesn't want to make it high profile. She just wants to support Andy in a relaxing manner. Sammi said: "The stage for these 3 nights belongs to Andy, he has worked very hard for this concert. At 2am, he's still on the streets jogging and his physical state is now very good, want to come out to meet the audience in his fittest appearance. However, I am a little worried because he hasn't eatten much." Asked how much muscles did Andy get from the training? Sammi laughed and said she does not know, she didn't see Andy rehearse because she wants to watch the concert in it's original form. Supporting Andy as his girlfriend, does Sammi feel nervous? Sammi said: "A little more anxious! But, I'm so skinny and still can do 10 shows, he's so big, 3 shows is not a problem."

Heartaching boyfriend didn't eat much

Sammi said she won't be going on stage and about Andy giving an emotional speech on stage, Sammi shouted "please don't!" Andy knows her personality, she cannot take such emotional moments. There is mutual understanding. Sammi said: "If he's going to express anything on stage, I will feel very troubled, disturbed and it would be too embarrassing!" Will Andy propose to her on stage? Sammi said: "I will feel very disturbed, such scene will not happen." She expressed that the guest performers Big 4 are sweet talkers and she can't control that. After the concert, will she accompany Andy to have a chicken thigh meal? Sammi said: "Andy is longing to eat roast goose thighs. On the last show, I will take some with me to visit him."

Earlier Johnny To wished Sammi to have children soon, but Sammi laughs and said she has no interest in having children. She rather raise cats and dogs. If God wants her to have a child, she will accept. As for if Andy wants to have children? Sammi said: "He likes elders more. I said I wanted to open a kindergarten, but he said let's open a senior center. I know it's not a must to have children for him."

Andy performed several fast songs and got the atmosphere in HK Coliseum very high. He expressed that he's only able to be on this stage because fans supported him for 25 years. He hopes to express his regards through singing. When finished singing Tell the World I Love You, fans shouted Sammi's name and Andy laughed saying that he was ready for the audience to give this reaction. Andy thanked Mark Lui for composing so many songs for him and fans shouted Sammi's name again. Andy laughed: "She doesn't know how to compose songs!"

When Andy sang and played the song Only You Cannot Be Replaced on the piano, he said: "This is the first time in 25 years, I learned to play this song for 2 months." When Andy sang the last line of the lyrics, he teared up.
  • Gill#1Fan likes this

#177 SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988

~ TVB ADDICT ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4326 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:53 PM

hahaha, would be awesome if sammi actaully went on stage and sang "其實你心裡有沒有我 hahaha! :thumbsup

#178 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49912 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:04 AM

Andy Hui Knelt for a Sincere Marriage Proposal, Sammi Cheng Touched to Tears
Friday December 27, 2013 Hong Kong
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net

Posted Image

At the Metro Radio Hits Music Awards 2013 the other night, Andy Hui made his first public appearance after announcing girlfriend Sammi Cheng agreed to marry him and he became the center of the attention. After the show, a large group of reporters surrounded him for interviews. When the media congratulated Andy, he smiled sweetly and frankly expressed its rare he gets congratulated in interviews. He shared what happened during the proposal with everyone. He expressed he did kneel when he proposed and described the process as "I did what anyone would do." He continued: "I was calm, very sincere and I was worried before she wouldn't agree, but there was nothing I could be scared of anymore. I prepared the proposal for a period of time. That night it was her birthday, so I decided to give it a try, once in a lifetime. (Was she so touched she cried?) Yes, she did tear up and I did too. I don't want to share the details, after all we were both very happy. It was a very sincere proposal. I currently feel as if we just started dating. As for the actual marriage, we will take it a step at a time. We're already happy with what we have now. (Marriage will happen next year?) Haven't decided yet."

Andy frankly expressed he's used to living with Sammi, and was grateful Sammi had to renovate her home earlier that gave them the opportunity to be together more. He said: "She had to renovate her home earlier, so she moved to live with me. This really helped us a lot because before we hadn't really had the chance to really get along with each other. Although it was just a few months, we really felt comfortable around each other, got along harmoniously and really got used to it." Will you have to address Sammi as your wife now? Andy said timidly: "Whatever you say!" What about children? Andy expressed that's too far from now.

Edited by foreverleila, 28 December 2013 - 04:04 AM.

#179 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49912 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:18 AM

Andy Hui shares proposal story
Monday December 30, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-091600632.html

Posted Image

Hong Kong singer Andy Hui recently talked about his marriage proposal to long-time girlfriend, Sammi Cheng, as reported on Mingpao.

The actor, who was swarmed by the media after the Metro Radio Hits Music Awards 2013 ceremony, was all smiles when congratulated by the media, saying, "I rarely get congratulated during interviews!"

When asked about his proposal to Sammi, Andy revealed that he did kneel in front of the singer and did what any man would do.

"I was calm and sincere. Though I was worried she wouldn't agree before, at that moment, I felt that there was nothing to be scared of anymore. It was her birthday too, so I decided to give it a try, a once in a lifetime thing," said Andy.

Andy admitted that Sammi shed a tear at his proposal and that he was also touched by the moment.

"I don't want to share the details too much," said Andy. "After all, we were both very happy and it was a very sincere proposal. Right now, it feels as if we have just started dating."

In regards to the surprise marriage which was previously reported by the media, Andy stated that the two of them will take it a step at a time, and that they have yet to decide when they will actually hold the wedding.

When asked about baby plans, Andy replied, "That's too far ahead from now!"

#180 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49912 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:41 AM

Andy Hui to switch to Sun Entertainment
Monday January 6, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-065500349.html

Posted Image

Rumour has it that Hong Kong singer Andy Hui has been offered a hefty amount of almost HKD 30 million (approx. USD 3.9 million) to switch over from his current management company, Media Asia Entertainment to Paco Wong's Sun Entertainment Culture.

According to Daily News, an inside source claimed that if everything is according to plan, the singer will end his nine-year collaboration with Media Asia's Peter Lam and move to Paco Wong's company in February.

"He also promised Sammi that he will take care of her," said the source.

It's been said that the couple has always been compared to each other, with many believe that the Cantopop queen makes more money than Andy himself. But Andy has vowed never to touch her money.

The source claimed, "Although Sammi has a lot of money, Andy forked out the entire cost of their wedding in Bali himself, even the costs of flights and accommodation. He also paid for her when they went shopping as he feels that it's a man's responsibility."

He thus decided to end his nine-year collaboration with Hong Kong tycoon Peter Lam's Media Asia Entertainment and join Sun Entertainment instead, which forked out a huge amount of money to get him.

Meanwhile, when asked by the media about this after the conclusion of the 2013's Ultimate Song Chart Awards, Andy replied, "Paco is very sincere. I will let God decide for me."

#181 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49912 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:11 PM

Andy Hui Grieves Over Brother’s Death
Tuesday May 27, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: Jaynstars/MingPao
Edited by: R.E.D@ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

Posted Image

Hacken Lee and Andy Hui earlier appeared on a television charity show, where both displayed their talents onstage. Although they have known each other for more than ten years and have attended each other’s concerts, it was the first time the two ever sang together onstage. During the event, Andy was obviously saddened by the recent death of one of his brothers.

Andy had purposely devoted himself fully to his singing career in hopes of avoiding depressive thoughts. He revealed his brother’s passing had not been sudden, and he had seen it coming. Andy expressed, "I’m trying to look at things positively, but my brother left two weeks ago. It’s hard for me to be in a good mood, but life goes on. My family will take care of the funeral arrangements." It was rumoured that because of his brother's death, Andy has postponed his wedding with Sammi planned at the end of the year. When asked about it, Andy replied "Of course not, it has nothing to do with it, at the moment, I will try concentrate in my work to get over this difficult period of time."

In the past two weeks, some of Andy’s work arrangements were cancelled, but things have now started to pick up again. Hacken did not learn of Andy’s brother’s death until reporters informed him. He then pointed out, "No wonder Andy seems different from usual, and is only in a so-so mood."

#182 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49912 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:27 PM

Andy Hui is Sammi Cheng's stress relief

Wednesday August 27, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: https://my.entertain...-034900394.html

1-7.jpg

Good boyfriend Andy Hui has been keeping his lady love, Sammi Cheng, company while she prepares for her upcoming year-end series of performances.

As reported on Mingpao News, the singer, who attended the first session of the Cantonese Songs Ranking Award Ceremony, revealed that he has been accompanying Sammi on her jogs and talking to her to relieve her stress.

"We discuss things like what music we want to listen to, which songs she should sing and what songs would I want," said Andy.

When asked what songs have Sammi decided on, Andy replied, "I will not tell you. If she ends up not using the songs I mention, I would be embarrassed!"

"She has a lot of good songs and I like some of her songs that were not even as popular as her hits. I wish she will sing them," he added.

However, the singer admitted that due to the influx of fans, he wasn't able to get a hold of the tickets to Sammi's upcoming "Touch Mi" concert.

"I would like to personally come to the concert to support her. I think I will speak to her company to see if there are tickets for me," he said.

#183 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49912 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 11:12 PM

Andy Hui indirectly admits he and Sammi Cheng are already married

Wednesday December 10, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: MingPao / WenWeiPo
Translated by: Chloe.C @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums

143bi8.jpg 1fwr2s.jpg

Andy Hui and Sammi Cheng's relationship has persisted for many years. Last year, there were rumours that the two had secretly gotten married in Bali. Although they've been asked many times by the media, they still did not admit it. Recently, Sammi's father held a calligraphy exhibition, and Andy gifted a flower basket with the identity of "son-in-law" and even addressed it to Sammi's father as "Father-in-Law"; seemingly making their marriage public. The night before, Andy attended Yahoo Awards Ceremony and admitted that he already follows Sammy to call her father, "Daddy". As for their "marriage" rumours, he only expressed that "Only the two of them need to know, as long as they are happy", finally admitting for the first time that he has married Sammi.

Won't celebrate first year marriage anniversary

When Andy was asked about the flower basket gifted to "Father-in-Law", he laughed: "Didn't think you guys would ask. I didn't see it. Holding a calligraphy exhibition is a big thing, but because I was busy, I asked Sammi to help me prepare flowers. I didn't know what was written on it. That's pretty good." (You usually call him father-in-law?) I call him Daddy like the others." Asked if they are already married? He tacitly admitted and replied: "Okay la, as long as we both know and we're happy, (marriage) is just a word (phrase)." How will you celebrate your one year marriage anniversary? Andy replied: "No special celebration. (Celebrating at the HK Coliseum?) I just helped them organize the tickets, very tough work!" 

Hold banquet to make parents happy

Earlier, Andy had taken out 40,000,000 HKD to buy property, is it Sammi that gave him good luck? Andy said: "If I play soccer then I will have good luck." (T/N: Play on words with the word foot, as "腳頭好" means having good luck in Chinese) As for Sammi praising him for being good at chores, Andy expressed: "I didn't plan on talking about this before, seems very unmanly in front of my friends, but I still have to do it." Still have to hold a banquet? He laughed: "I was talking about cleaning! (Hold a banquet to make the elderlies happy?) Okay!" Speaking of the "big four" awards ceremonies, Andy said that if he doesn't have any jobs, he will attend for sure. Right now, he's confirmed to attend the Metro and Commercial Radio (Chik Chak) awards. If he goes to the TVB Awards Ceremony, will he get the "Most Popular Male Singer" award? He laughed: "Again? Nah."

#184 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49912 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:22 AM

Andy Hui, G.E.M. and Kay Tse take home 4 awards each at the Metro Radio Hits Music Awards 2014

Saturday December 27, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: MingPao / The Sun
Translated by: Chloe.C @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums

net7xt.jpg  

The first "report card" of the music industry, "Metro Radio Awards 2014" was held last night at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre in Wan Chai, giving out 152 awards to local and overseas singers. The big winners of previous years such as Eason Chan, Joey Yung, Miriam Yeung, Hacken Lee, etc., all did not attend this year; therefore the awards ceremony depended on Andy Hui and other younger artistes such as G.E.M. Tang, Kay Tse, Pakho Chau, Hins Cheung and Fiona Sit to boost up the atmosphere. They also let Andy Hui, G.E.M. and Kay Tse go home with 4 awards, becoming the biggest winners of the night. 

Andy Hui avoids answering about married status

With no competitors at the awards ceremony this year, Andy Hui became the big winner of the night, winning "Metro Hits Global Singer Award", "Metro Hits Country-Wide Singer Award" and also won "Metro Hits Song of the Year Award" and "Metro Hit Global Song Award" with his song "流行勝利道". Following his wife, Sammi Cheng's religion, when he accepted his awards, he said: "Thank you God!" 

When Andy was asked whether he is already married by the DJ's on stage, he laughed: "I waited for so long already, I am very tired. I just want to sing, don't want to talk about other stuff!" 

Spoiler

Metro Hit Award Winners List

Spoiler

Edited by foreverleila, 28 December 2014 - 01:22 AM.

#185 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49912 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:45 PM

Andy Hui ate 4 turnips cakes and gained weight during Lunar New Year

Tuesday February 24, 2015 Hong Kong

2nkuukl.jpg

On day 3 of Lunar New Year, Andy Hui (許志安) performed in the horse racecourse and disclosed he had been eating continuously since Lunar New Year eve. He had eaten 4 turnip cakes and discovered he gained weight upon weighing with his family last night. Thus, Andy decided to restrict his diet and give away the turnip cakes to others.

Source: Ming Pao (HK)
Translated by: tvfan @ Asian E-News Portal
http://www.asian-ene...l.blogspot.com/

#186 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49912 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:18 AM

Andy Hui will be showing his muscles for the concert

Friday April 10, 2015 Hong Kong

24lol21.jpg

Andy Hui (許志安) will be showing his muscles for the concert. Five days ago on Weibo, Andy Hui shared his results and showed his back muscle and strong arms. He wrote: "I need to try my best and attain perfection for my concert. My fans' applauses is not given for nothing." The netizens rooted for him and praised that he looked sexy . On 30 April, Andy Hui will be holding his concert in Hong Kong Coliseum (紅館).

Translated by: Admin @ Asian E-News Portal

#187 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49912 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 12:45 AM

Andy Hui denied that his wife, Sammi Cheng was pregnant

Saturday June 13, 2015 Hong Kong

image.jpg

Six days ago, Andy Hui (許志安) attended an event and denied that his wife, Sammi Cheng (鄭秀文) was pregnant. He retorted that he and his wife went jogging daily and it was strenuous exercise. How can she be pregnant?

#188 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49912 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:56 PM

Andy Hui wishes to train fitter when filming kiss scene

Tuesday August 25, 2015 Hong Kong

image.jpg

Singer Andy Hui (許志安) attended a charity event and said: "I wish to keep fit especially when filming kiss scene. (Who are you kissing?) Janice Man (文詠珊). (Passionate?) Nope when I read the script but will be abstract. (Any limit?) It does not matter and the progress for whole month is smooth. (Any bed scenes?) Hug and kiss until the bed. (Reveal any?) Have to ask the director."

Source: ON.CC (HK)

#189 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49912 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 09:53 PM

Andy Hui and his wife, Sammi Cheng went to Japan not long ago

Wednesday September 8, 2015 Hong Kong

image.jpg

Three days ago in the morning, Andy Hui (許志安) attended the (香港街馬) activity and expressed he will travel to USA, New York to hold his concert. He was asked whether he had less time to see his wife, Sammi Cheng (鄭秀文). He said: "No, just go for a few days. Very short time." Andy Hui added he already went with his wife to Japan for vacation and said: "Too sensitive when at the street. Suddenly, someone seemed to take photo and  I thought to myself not to shoot. Who knows if it is foreigners shooting the buildings....which makes me very embarrassed."

#190 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49912 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 01:08 AM

Andy Hui has no idea if Zanilia Zhao has any boyfriend

Monday September 28, 2015 Hong Kong

image.jpg

One week ago, Andy Hui (許志安) attended an event. A few months ago, he worked with William Chan's (陳偉霆) rumoured girlfriend, Zanilia Zhao (趙麗穎). It was his first time seeing Zanilia Zhao and he did not know about the rumours relating to her and William Chan. He was also unclear if she had any boyfriend and added that he did watch the news reports and know Charlene Choi (蔡卓妍) already announced her breaking up with William Chan and they do not involve any third party.

In addition, Andy Hui mentioned about his wife, Sammi Cheng (鄭秀文) and he bought a special edition of champagne which engraved a word. He declined to reveal it and he also kept the card and letter written by Sammi.

#191 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49912 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 10:10 PM

Andy Hui admits he is a watch collector

Saturday October 10, 2015 Hong Kong

image.jpg

Singer Andy Hui (許志安) attended an event and the company gave him a watch which was worth $70,000 (HKD). When mentioned about watch collection, Andy replied he did not calculate his watch collection at home and said: "I love watch and buying watch is due to addicted to it in the past. Now, it depends on my mood and match the outfit." He expressed collecting watches was not based on price but the story behind it: "Not every watch is expensive. Some watches are meaningful such as joining the industry and receiving awards so as to motivate myself."

Asking which watch was most previous, Andy responded it was the watch given by his father: "He already wears the watch when I am in primary school. Everything can be lost except this watch."

#192 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49912 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 01:25 AM

Andy Hui praises his wife, Sammi Cheng is a genius and cooks delicious food

Wednesday October 21, 2015 Hong Kong

image.jpg

Six days ago, Andy Hui (許志安) attended an event and expressed he was willing to film advertisement related to entertainment with his wife, Sammi Cheng (鄭秀文). The most important was to be natural. Andy Hui said: "We can learn how to cook and eat delicious food. Of course it is good. (Will learn from Nicholas Tse (謝霆鋒) to film Chef Nic (12道鋒味)?) Cannot as I do not have the talent." Andy Hui praised Sammi cooked delicious food and said: "She is a genius. Actually, she should not be a singer. (She is better in cooking than singing?) Right. Of course but her singing is also nice to hear."

#193 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49912 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 02:13 AM

Andy Hui shoots new MV song with female lead wearing black bra in bed

Monday November 9, 2015 Hong Kong

image.jpg

Andy Hui (許志安) is shooting his new MV song, Hello, how are you (Hello,你好) with a female lead who wore black bra in bed and to film an intimate scene. Andy Hui expressed it had been a long time since he had daring performance and was not very nervous before the shooting, as he had discussed with the female lead about his movements. Both of them created seductive expressions.

#194 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49912 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:35 PM

Andy Hui cherishes every opportunity given: I cannot be selective again

Tuesday September 27, 2016 Hong Kong

image.jpg

Singer, Andy Hui (許志安) accepted an interview at radio station and when mentioned about focusing on singing career this year as he opened a concert in Macau earlier and promoted his new songs now, he replied being an artiste must be versatile and cherish all opportunities given. Andy was busy with the new movie promotion campaign as it will be airing in end October: "I must do it when given the chance and cannot be selective again. I must have ample preparation any activities." Mentioning about collaboration with Jun Kung and music band, Dear Jane, Andy responded they established chemistry and brought fresh feelings to his songs,

#195 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49912 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 01:29 AM

Andy Hui's family pressures him to have baby; He says leaves it to fate

Tuesday January 24, 2017 Hong Kong

image.jpg

Andy Hui (許志安) held the autograph session for his new album, (18安士) on 22 January and expressed he will be on leave until day 7 of Lunar New Year after completing the work tomorrow. He will be accompanying his family and had prepared 5 to 6 digits amount for red packets. Andy admitted his family kept pressuring him to have baby and always told them to eat chicken in order to change the topic. He did not discuss with his wife, Sammi Cheng (鄭秀文) and left it to fate.

#196 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49912 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:34 AM

Andy Hui is willing to become "Guinea pig" when his wife, Sammi Cheng cooks for him

Wednesday March 22, 2017 Hong Kong

image.jpg

Andy Hui (許志安) films health supplements advertisement and expressed he had been eating healthily in private and his wife, Sammi Cheng (鄭秀文) had been cooking for him. He was willing to become a "Guinea Pig" and his most unforgettable experience was when Sammi cooked for him the first time as it was awful.

When mentioned about Sammi and he went for vacation to Japan earlier and he happened to get in the way of the camera when people were filming advertisement, Andy replied it was a coincidence: "In fact, I am very sensitive towards the camera but will put my guards down when travelling overseas."

#197 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49912 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:17 PM

Andy Hui records song in the toilet and is worried about the maid about calling the police

Sunday September 17, 2017 Hong Kong

image.jpg

Remus Choy (偕蔡一) releases his solo album after 14 years and specially invites his good friend, Andy Hui (許志安) to sing the song, Nan Lan (男藍) together. Both also film MV together and Remus acts as a positive bartender and driver while Andy portrays as a depressed worker. Andy agrees to the director's request of displaying his playing pool skills in the bar and he completes it within 1 shot and it wins cheers from the staff.

Andy reveals he starts the recording of the song, Nan Lan (男藍) in the toilet and not the recording studio during an interview: " I am eating in his house at that time and we go into the toilet to sing together and there is echo. I am very scared as the maid may call the police."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users