Height 5' 9"
Nationality British
Spoken Languages Cantonese, Mandarin, English
Education College
Family Father, 5 brothers, 3 sisters
Fav. Singers Anita Mui, George Michael
Fav. Actors Tony Leung Ciu Wei, Robert Deniro, Al Pacino
Fav. Colour Dark Colours

Edited by shellstarx., 19 March 2008 - 10:00 PM.

#2 seancl85

seancl85

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 07:17 AM

yeah
i like andy hui too..
he is cool......
n so his songs too
especially last year's album 'on my story'
i like the almost every songs in that album...
but the 1st three songs i think are the best...
which is Da Nan Ren,Yi Bu Yi Sheng n Ai Zai Bu La Ge
anyway do u guyz know that andy hui is a student of anita mui..
hehe~!

#3 iCySoUr21

iCySoUr21

aLeX & sHiRlEy

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 07:57 AM

yep his songs are hecka good! My favorite Andy's song is Lan La (dirty mud). It is soooo good!

Edited by tammiest, 06 April 2008 - 07:20 PM.
Requests for downloads are not permitted outside of the Download Section

#4 KSeven

KSeven

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1496 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 03:41 AM

Andy hui won 3 time "best male artist" in the radio station 903id

ya andy hui really sings good.. his song "This year no christmas" is really good.. lyrics are so good

#5 MiracleHope

MiracleHope

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 08:36 AM

Posted Image

[The Sun]

Andy Hui was filming for an Olympic Games promotional clip at TVB yesterday and having a love for soccer, he had already worked up a sweat even before filming had started as became totally absorbed. With the approach of the games, Andy will be hosting the shows every evening.

Having been reported to have announced that he "Has TVB blood and eats TVB rice", Andy has become the new generation of TVB godson and he jokes that if he receives the award for "Most Popular Male Singer" this year, then he will tattoo the TVB logo on his chest! He laughs: "Never mind being the godson, I have thought about having a three colour logo tattoo when the time comes for me to receive this award!"

Also, it turns out that Andy had previously filmed at this football ground with Anita Mui in 1994 and when asked if he is feeling a little sentimental, he says: "I wouldn't say that, I feel we should look at things positively and hold Anita near to our hearts."

Credits to http://www.tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

#6 Guests

• Guests

Posted 12 August 2004 - 03:07 AM

Posted Image

[Ta Kung Pao]

TVB held a blessing ceremony yesterday for the Olympic Games and the Olympic coverage simultaneously in the Athens News Centre, Olympic City Plaza and TVB City and wishing for everything to go smoothly. Among those taking part in the ceremony were Andy Hui, Alex Fong, Joe Ma, Vincent Kuk and Winnie Yeung and over in Athens, Michelle Ye joined them on the screen to introduce the situation over there.

This is the first time hosting the games for Andy and he hopes that the ratings will surpass the 35 point mark. It is very easy to make mistakes in the live show, so Andy feels that the most important thing is to keep a calm and clear mind. When asked whether he was worried that he could not catch up with the quick witted Vincent, he laughs: "If I can't catch him, then I won't bother!" However, he believes that there will be a lot of improvisation and it will be good fun.

Today (12th) is Andy's birthday, so how will he be celebrating, he said at first that he would not be celebrating, but it was later revealed that he would be having a big party, to which he admitted that it was just a meal. When asked whether he is in the mood for celebrating after becoming single again, Andy said impatiently that a big party or a small party is just the same. Talking of birthday wishes, he hopes that the Olympic Games Coverage will bring in some good ratings.

After the ceremony, Alex headed out to Athens in the evening, but he indicated that he had not yet packed because he believes that packing is easy for men and the most important thing to bring with him is his ID and his press card. Alex has his own sportswear sponsors, but whilst hosting the Olympics, Alex will be wearing his TVB uniform. As this conflicts with his endorsement agreement, he has made arrangements with his sponsors and they are fine about it.

Also, there have been complaints from some of the crew in Athens about the accommodation and food, but Alex says he does not mind as long as the show goes well, then it doesn't matter about the food and lodgings.

http://www.takungpao...2/UL-292962.htm

credits to http://www.tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

#7 MiracleHope

MiracleHope

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 01:08 AM

Posted Image

[Ta Kung Pao 21/08/04]

There were reports yesterday that Andy Hui is talking too much rubbish during his commentary of the TVB Olympic Games coverage and had received instructions from TVB to curb his comments. When asked about this when he appeared at an event yesterday, Andy asked in return which magazine that had alleged this. He then suggested the reporters should ask the TVB Variety show manager Wong Ka Leung, insisting that up to now, he has not received any instruction for him to be 'shut up'. When asked if TVB has asked him to be more careful with his choice of words, Andy says that he is already very wary and he will not give himself more pressure whilst working on this show.

Andy says that as a singer, then the pressure should arise from his performing work and as for being an Olympic host, there is an element of difficulty, for example, even if you know all your lines, then there may be a sudden change to the schedules and some very quick improvisation is needed, so this feeling gives him some excitement. He also admits that as a host for the games coverage, he is just a supporting role because the real stars are those people competing in the events. When asked if he will do this again in four years time for the Beijing Olympics, Andy says: "Of course, even if I am not a host, then I will still go to Beijing to watch the games."

Wong Ka Leung indicates there has been no instruction sent to Andy to beware of his words, but in order to avoid hosts repeating themselves, then they are always coupled with a professional commentator, so they will have the opportunity to share opinions and communication.

http://www.takungpao...1/UL-296460.htm

Credits to http://www.tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

#8 AutumnTears

AutumnTears

. x3 yoo .

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 03:48 PM

Posted Image
[The Sun 30/08/04]
(Additional Picture from Sing Pao]

The Athens Olympic games officially closed yesterday and the Chinese team have exceeded their medal tally from the last games with a string of excellent results. The citizens of Hong Kong are now eagerly awaiting the visit of the Chinese athletes to Hong Kong on 7th September to take part in a performance to be held at the Hong Kong Stadium. Despite earlier reports about ticket sales being slow, the success of hurdling gold medallist Liu Xiang and the Chinese team taking the Womens volleyball gold has raised the popularity of this event with the Hong Kong public and all 30,000 tickets are now sold out.

The Chinese organisers have arranged for fifty athletes to take part in the show and with TVB in charge of the show's production, they will arrange for each of the athletes to show off their talents, so the singers who will be taking part will take secondary roles. After Liu was revealed to be a 'Karaoke King' by his friends, TVB are currently trying to persuade him to give a special performance at the show. General Manager Chan Chi Wan says: "It would be good if he will do it, but we are still discussing it with the committee and of course we will respect his own decision."

Liu is a great admirer of David Tao and also likes to sing Andy Hui's songs. Andy shows his respect to the hero, giving his praises yesterday: "I feel that my career is similar to his in many ways, because we both work hard continuously and have followed similar paths. I feel that he is very modest, like when he said before the race that he hopes everyone will give him good luck, even though he won through his own hard work and talent."

Andy says he will make the most of any chance to meet Liu and when asked what he would sing if he was asked to duet with Liu, he thinks a while before saying: "I think it would be best to sing in Mandarin, sing 'Who can I love now?' perhaps." Although Andy is very sincere about this, there are also other stars who would like to duet with Liu, among them is Alex Fong who has indicated that he would like to meet Liu.

http://the-sun.com.h...14333_0003.html
Credits to Em - http://www.tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

#9 Guests

• Guests

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:27 AM

he's one of my favorite singers, but i think he should do more to promote himself...his singing career slowed down somewhat and hacken lee and leo koo has really taken over...i think the best way to describe it is being steady, but not BIG big in the industry

i also think he'll get better at acting once he does more movies that have better casts...the better the cast the more he'll learn

#10 Guests

• Guests

Posted 20 September 2004 - 01:08 PM

News

Andy Hui Chi On yesterday attended a Yan Chai Tetraplegic Fund Founding Ceremony. On Jai felt that artists should properly use their fame to participate in more charity events so young people will know how lucky they are and not easily give up on themselves amidst hard times. "Tetraplegics haven't given up on themselves, we have to be even stronger ourselves in hard times."

On Jai once felt very lost about his future but he never thought about giving up. He said that at the time he was under company suspension.
"My lowest point was when I just got into the business. No one came to me with singing offers and my records weren't selling well. Later the company suspended me for nine months. At the time luckily (Jacky Cheung) Hok Yau encouraged me to make movies, but I never thought about giving up on singing."

http://www.geocities...038/040918.html

#11 Guests

• Guests

Posted 21 September 2004 - 01:36 PM

He Can SinG Really GooD but iS the time Passing Fast =O
hes 37 hmm does he got kids?

#12 malteser

malteser

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 12:08 AM

Audy Hui is the best.........I can't say he's cutie cute like Edison, but he's that manly kind of cute. He can really sing. I like him since "Man's most hurt". And recently, he released different variety of songs like rock etc....and I think its good too.

#13 Guests

• Guests

Posted 29 September 2004 - 02:05 AM

[Ta Kung Pao & Oriental Daily 29/09/04]

The third episode in the new series of "Super Trio Show" was recorded two days ago and guests included Andy Hui, Shawn Yue, Stephanie Cheng, Belinda Hamnett, Ruby Wong and Lam Suet. There were sparks right from the start when Eric Tsang asked Shawn if he won the award for Best Male Singer, what would be better about him than Andy? Shawn replied awkwardly: "I am a little bit younger than him." At this point, Andy, who was standing to one side immediately rushed onto the stage pretending to be angry and shocking Shawn into running away. Andy then pointed at Shawn and joked: "You will have a day when you are old!"

During a game, Eric make them yell insults at each other and Shawn and Stephanie were at each others necks, with Stephanie even bordering on using a rude expletive that caused a few gasps from the audience. Also Lam Suet's mispronounciation of 'so easy' made it sound like he too was swearing, but Chin Ka Lok supported him, saying it was just a pronunciation error. Lam explains that he is from Tianjin, so his Cantonese is not perfect and sometimes he has to ask the director to change the script to accommodated this. As for nearly swearing, he shook his head and said: "At the time I was a little frightened, I never though it would be so easy to get into trouble." Stephanie explained that she did not mean to be rude: "Shawn and I are from the same record company, so I know he is a good sport, but next time I will be more careful." Shawn also denies that there are any personal conflicts between him and Stephanie, laughing that they were just stirring up some atmosphere because they knew each other well. As for him calling out all night to win the $5000 cash prize and then not winning it, he says he does not mind because he took nearly $100,000 in prizes.

Also, last week's first episode of the show aired on Sunday and gained average ratings of 28 points, peaking at 31 points. This is not a bad result, but the seaweed eating contest received some complaints. Producer Chan Chi Kau indicates that every time they air the show there are complaints, but these are dealt with by the company and the games in future episodes will be rearranged accordingly. Jerry Lamb responded to the complaints about the show being a bad influence on children, saying that people should not be so critical of gameshows because they are designed to bring happiness. He laughs: "Hong Kong people look at other people with moral standards, but have a different stance when it comes to teaching their own children. With only five complaints, if we change because of them, then how will we react to the complaints of the other several million people?"

http://www.takungpao...9/UL-311634.htm

Credits to
http://www.tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

i found so pics of Andy Hui. Here they are....

http://www.takungpao...40929-ul-16.jpg

http://orientaldaily...929enew20b1.jpg

Posted Image

Edited by lenax3, 19 March 2008 - 09:10 PM.
second pic did not contain Andy/dead link

#14 wuxiaaddict

wuxiaaddict

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 12:54 AM

Hey, did anyone heard that he went and bought a car with the money he inherited from Anita's will even before Anita was buried. A real flashy car too. If it's true, he's a real bastard. I mean, if he's gonna act at least act all the way through and pretend he's sad and wait until Anita is buried. sheesh

#15 Firelight

Firelight

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 09:28 AM

And Hui has a great voice...sounds very smooth when he sings....Like his personality also. Wow, he also comes from a very large family....

#16 Guests

• Guests

Posted 01 October 2004 - 06:56 PM

Any1 know when is Andy HK concert for next year? Any rough idea of the estimated dates?

#17 gossip80

gossip80

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3651 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 05:10 AM

And Hui has a great voice...sounds very smooth when he sings....Like his personality also. Wow, he also comes from a very large family....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

really? how large is his family?

#18 tvbaddict

tvbaddict

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1048 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 08:23 PM

im in addicted to andy's song called 'learn to walk' (hork haang) ... its sooo good! :D one of my fave songs by andy.

#19 forever_autumn

forever_autumn

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4197 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 10:16 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yoyo Mung Ka Wai and Andy Hui Chi On attended a 2004 heart charity walk. "Earlier I went for a check up and the doctor wanted me to run the treadmill. In the end I ran twice as long as regular people. The doctor said I was amazing, but actually I had a tough time. I just couldn't lose."

Ka Wai said that her sister had a heart defect and could relate to families of children with heart conditions. "Because my sister was sick, she constantly had to go in and out of the hospital. I was used to accomonodating her. When she was 15 she was cured. I would like to visit children with heart conditions at the hospital. Of course I can't treat them, but I am willing to entertain them and play with them. I am just afraid that I can't hold back the tears."

http://www.geocities...038/041002.html

#20 amethyst

amethyst

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 02:50 AM

i love him...i felt sad when i heard the song broken dirt (lan lai)...i always wondered what happened to him and sammi...anyone noe what happened?

#21 gossip80

gossip80

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3651 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 04:34 AM

i love him...i felt sad when i heard the song broken dirt (lan lai)...i always wondered what happened to him and sammi...anyone noe what happened?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yup, that song is amazing, hmm, not really sure what happened between them, they just broke up and don't want to talk about it and they are okay with being friends, i guess we should respect their privacy

#22 ytang

ytang

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 12:52 PM

I used to love Andy Hui's songs but during the last few years his music career has gone downhill. He is now resorting to presenting the olympics on TVB and acting in a series for TVB to gain back his popularity. He will definitely not win the "Best Male Singer" this year because he hasn't released many new songs worth listening to. I think his break-up with SAmmi should have been handled better which has also added to the negative press. How can he announce he has broken up with Sammi when they never admitted to be in a relationship? It's just really wierd how he uses the break-up with Sammi to get some publicity now. Whereas before, when his career was gaining success he failed to even answer questions relating to him and Sammi. I think Andy should focus more on his singing rather than focusing on the past and using Sammi. I want Andy to produce more quality music for us to listen to and see him get the Best Male award again!

#23 gossip80

gossip80

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3651 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 02:52 AM

I used to love Andy Hui's songs but during the last few years his music career has gone downhill. He is now resorting to presenting the olympics on TVB and acting in a series for TVB to gain back his popularity. He will definitely not win the "Best Male Singer" this year because he hasn't released many new songs worth listening to. I think his break-up with SAmmi should have been handled better which has also added to the negative press. How can he announce he has broken up with Sammi when they never admitted to be in a relationship? It's just really wierd how he uses the break-up with Sammi to get some publicity now. Whereas before, when his career was gaining success he failed to even answer questions relating to him and Sammi. I think Andy should focus more on his singing rather than focusing on the past and using Sammi. I want Andy to produce more quality music for us to listen to and see him get the Best Male award again!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmm...i don't think he used their break up to get publicity, because i don't recall him ever wanting to talk about it, whenever the reporters questioned him about the relationship, he would always say that he doesn't want to talk about it

i think he has a new cd coming out soon and i've heard one of his new songs, it's really good

and i can't wait to check out his new movie six strong guys

#24 zlutd

zlutd

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 09:03 AM

did sammi really went out wif andy??..lol..and his voice is getting husky..i dont like it..i used to like him

#25 Guests

• Guests

Posted 20 October 2004 - 03:35 AM

he did admit having a past with sammi but that was it, he was crying about it too if you have watched jade starbiz, he never used this to gain attention, because it was eric tsang who interviewed him and he briefly talked about it.

#26 ytang

ytang

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 10:30 PM

he did admit having a past with sammi but that was it, he was crying about it too if you have watched jade starbiz, he never used this to gain attention, because it was eric tsang who interviewed him and he briefly talked about it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I only watched a bit of jade starbiz and saw that it was eric tsang questioning him about their relationship. But let me point out that it was Andy Hui that announced or at least hinted to the press that he was single at the time. Surely that is inviting the press to seek for answers about their realtionship. Since it was known that Andy and Sammi broke up, Sammi has not said one thing about their break up whilst Andy has been at the centre of attention. Whenever questioned about their break up he has probably said things he shouldn't have.

#27 Guests

• Guests

Posted 25 October 2004 - 02:51 AM

he is a good romantic singer, he can very good live in his songs a much better clapclap than eason chan am iright guys?!?!

#28 cindizzzle

cindizzzle

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 04:10 AM

I think he's a great singer and has gotten better. So he broke up with Sammi?

#29 Guests

• Guests

Posted 26 October 2004 - 02:07 AM

he's songs are very good because he put all his emotions in it but too bad that he broke up with sammi which i think is very sad

#30 arevl

arevl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:24 PM

decent singer..
but sadly under-rated..
but hey that's how it goes in the entertainment scenes.

#31 Guests

• Guests

Posted 30 October 2004 - 01:03 PM

Yeah , I like Andy Hui also very much.
I am wondering when his new cd will be released.

Ow yeah , can someone tell me if his girl friend is still Sammi Cheng?

otherwise if he got a new girl friend. who is it? and when did he break up with Sammi Cheng?

#32 gossip80

gossip80

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3651 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 07:26 AM

Yeah , I like Andy Hui also very much.
I am wondering when his new cd will be released.

Ow yeah , can someone tell me if his girl friend is still Sammi Cheng?
otherwise if he got a new girl friend. who is it? and when did he break up with Sammi Cheng?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

his new cd was just realeased one or two days ago

the relationship is over between him and sammi and i don't think he has a new girlfriend, this happened maybe a few months ago

#33 Guests

• Guests

Posted 31 October 2004 - 08:00 AM

andy hui is ok. never listened to much of his songs. when/why did he brake up with sammi? i thought they were gonna last too.

#34 Guests

• Guests

Posted 27 December 2004 - 02:33 PM

does someone know where i can listen to andy hui's albums? because there's a song that i love but i don't know from which album it comes.

i just know that the album released in 1999 or 2000.

#35 forever_autumn

forever_autumn

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4197 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 05:31 AM

(12/27/2004) The year's first report card for the music industry, Metro Hit Radio Award 2004 took night two nights ago. 104 awards were presented and Andy Lau Tak Wa won the Hit Male Singer award for a record sixth time.

Lau Tak Wa, Andy Hui Chi On and Joey Yung Cho Yi each won seven awards as the big winners. Hacken Lee Hark Kun received six and a half award. Leo Ku Kui Ke won five, Miriam Yeung Chin Wa four, Twins won 3 and 1/3 awards, Kelly Chan Wai Lam, Jolin Tsai (Choi Yi Lam) and Gigi Leung Wing Kei each won three. Last night the event presented the Metro Hit Radio Honorary Award to the late James Wong Jim. Uncle Jim's daughter Wong Yu Si accepted on his behalf. "We three siblings are proud of Daddy's musical achievements."

The Metro Hit Radio Male Singer award went from the original three to five prizes, allowing Lau Tak Wa to break the record and the New Four Great Heavenly Kings to each receive one. Edmond Leung Hon Man was a little behind out of the five with only two awards. Fiona Sit Hoi Kei had the best performance out of the new comers with three awards. Wa Jai after winning seven awards said, "Doesn't it seem a little too much? Over the years everyone's love for me, I can feel it. Hopefully it will last to 2006. After 20 years in the business I can still win so many awards. This can't be topped."

The event in order to give everyone an award split many categories. The most exaggerated of which was the five way split of the Metro Hit Radio Original Song award.

The event added several live voting awards, including the My Most Admired new Male Singer (Wilfred Lau Ho Lung), Female Singer (Fiona Sit Hoi Kei), Group (Ping Pung) and My Most Admired Song (LOVE AND HONESTY). None of those awards counted toward the Media Award.

http://www.geocities...038/041227.html

#36 forever_autumn

forever_autumn

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4197 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 09:21 PM

Posted Image

(12/28/2004) Andy Hui Chi On, Andy Lau Tak Wa, and Joey Yung Cho Yi two nights ago at the Metro Hit Radio Award 2004 won seven awards each and became the big winners. However On Jai's song IMPERFECT (MEI JUNG BUT JUK) was a duet that featured Deanie Ip Tak Han, On Jai's award winning chances increased. After the song won three awards, nearly everyone turned against On Jai. Aside from fans who blasted that the song should not have been treated as a solo song, Lau Tak Wa supported his friend Hacken Lee Hark Kun and took a jab at On Jai.

On Jai blamed the record company. "I feel whether (the song is counted as) half a point of a point, the difference isn't huge. My responsibility is to sing the song well. (If it is counted as half a point you would have lost to Hacken) I don't care, that's the record company's responsibility. (Do you feel IMPERFECT is a duet?) I always felt it was a duet."

Wa Jai was asked for his opinion and Wa Jai said, "Next time Hacken will be featuring me. I wil feature whoever I like and others can feature me when they like, or maybe both versions are featuring. Originally this year I want to sing with (Sammi) Cheng Sau Man in YESTERDAY ONCE MORE (LUNG FUNG DAU) the most because Hacken sings too well, but we didn't make it."

Posted Image

(12/28/2004) Alan Tam Wing Lun named Andy Hui Chi On, Leo Ku Kui Ke, Hacken Lee Hark Kun and Edmond Leung Hon Man the New Four Great Heavenly Kings. Two nights ago Alan personally presented the Metro Hit Radio Male Singer Awards. The four waited for Alan to make the announcements, but Alan ripped up the result before even looking at it and announced that all four and Andy Lau Tak Wa won.

Ku Kui Ke expressed, "No one knows whether the paper had four names, but don't look so deep into it." Hacken knew his friend Alan's personality and said, "He is always like that. I really don't know when he will do what. He was just trying to rave up the atmosphere."

Metro Radio expressed that the awards were chart determined and not childish at all. Ripping up the result was Alan's idea alone and was unplanned.

credit for both articles go to http://www.geocities...038/041228.html

#37 Guests

• Guests

Posted 05 January 2005 - 11:51 AM

One of mine favorit artist/actor. His family is really traditional chinese with children. Can any1 tell me his lastest movie.

#38 AutumnTears

AutumnTears

. x3 yoo .

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 02:48 AM

Posted Image
[Ta Kung Pao 08/01/05]

TVB's "Jade Solid Gold Music Awards 2004" will be held tonight at the Hong Kong Coliseum and a special blessing ceremony was held yesterday. As many of the stars were rushing to attend the Tsunami fundraising event, it was a rather hectic day for them all. The MC's for this year's show will be Cheng Dan Shui, Denise Ho and Ronald Cheng and among the presentation guests will be the "Olympic Duo" Ko Lai Chak and Lee Ching, Vivian Chow and Felix Wong. In memory of the late lyricist genius James Wong, the show has invited Francis Yip and the Wynners to perform some of James' classics.

With the main focus of the event being on who will take the "Most Popular Male Singer Award", Andy Lau, Hacken Lee and Leo Ku are still the top three in the running and Andy says that he is confident in winning but is not too nervous because since 2000, it has been four years since he has won it and no matter if he wins or not tonight, he will still be able to accept it.

When asked if he is confident in becoming the most popular male singer in the Asia Pacific as well as Hong Kong, Andy says with excitement that if this is the case then it would be even better. However, he says that he would rather pass on his good luck to the victims of the Tsunami disaster in the hope that they can rebuild their homeland. As for the rumours that Leo Ku is using the production rights to his concert as an incentive for TVB to give him the award, Andy says that he does not believe this and TVB is not so shady, with their own operating procedures that he has faith in. Having just completed his own concert run recently and unlikely to hold another one for a few years, Andy says he believes that he will have a chance to work with TVB on a concert.

When Leo was asked about this suggested deal, Leo said candidly that he has put a lot of hard work and commitment into his work this year and everyone can see this, so he will not enter into any such deals. As for whether his concert will be produced by TVB next year, he says he is not sure as yet.

Leon announced a long time ago that he would not be competing for the awards, but he will still be present at the JSG awards ceremony because there is a new section where he will be singing some classic songs to raise funds for the Community Chest. Leon will be heading out to Beijing on the 9th to take part in a local charity show before attending the film festival. When asked about his former rumoured girlfriend Day Wong's reports that she will be marrying Li Yapeng in April, Leon refused to comment, saying: "I don't care. Don't ask me, it is not me getting married." When asked when he would be getting married, Leon laughed and said when he needs to, then he will get married.

There have been rumours that some of the stars have donated some of their personal effects directly to help the victims of the disaster and Edmond Leung was reported by Andy Hui to have donated a crutch. However, Edmond denies this, saying that a crutch would probably be more useful to a pensioner than to a victim of the tsunamis. He says that the appeal is not a joke and donating a crutch is not an auspicious gesture. Edmond says that he will not be angry at Andy for suggesting this and he will be donating a diamond necklace worth $130,000 for the charity auction in the hope of raising more money. Andy explained himself, saying that he was in a rush when he called Edmond that day and caused a misunderstanding, but this is not important because they are all doing their part.

http://www.takungpao...8/UL-351069.htm
http://www.takungpao...8/UL-351070.htm
Credits to Em - http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

http://the-sun.com.h...a130109_big.jpg
[The Sun & Oriental Daily 09/01/05]

2004 Jade Solid Gold Top Ten Music Awards - Winners

JSG Top Ten

Massage Girl - Andy Lau
Love and Sincerity - Leo Ku
Only One in the World - Joey Yung
Leaving Me Loving You - Miriam Yeung
Entertaining All - Gigi Leung
Dowry - Kelly Chen
Flying Man - Hacken Lee
Scent of a Woman - Twins
Not Quite Perfection - Andy Hui & Deanie Ip
Navy - Edmond Leung

Andy Hui and Deanie Ip's song was among the top ten and when they were invited on stage, Deanie could not stop complimenting Andy for being a good man, exclaiming: "Where would you find such a good person?" Hacken Lee was stunned when the final result was announced for Top Male Singer, but when he noticed that the cameras were on him, he forced a smile for the audience.

http://the-sun.com.h...24407_0003.html
http://orientaldaily...ent_a54cnt.html
Credits to Em - http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

#39 gossip80

gossip80

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3651 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 07:17 AM

i didn't know he was british either, he doesn't even look it! maybe it's only a really small percentage, not like with anthony wong where it's kind of obvious

#40 forever_autumn

forever_autumn

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4197 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 06:53 AM

Posted Image

[The Sun 24/01/05]

Andy Hui was filming a music video for his new song "Can't Even Say It" and 2003 Miss Hong Kong Runner Up Rabee'a Yeung was his guest in the shoot, who provided a number of sexy dresses from her own wardrobe. Andy says: "I wanted to wear something summery to match her, but I have developed a rash on my body recently, so I had to wear something long sleeved to cover it." Andy indicates that maybe because he is due hold his concerts at the end of next month, so he is nervous and his hormones are abnormal. He is currently seeking medical advice in the hope that he will get better soon.

Credit to Em at http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

Edited by forever_autumn, 24 January 2005 - 06:57 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users