AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Bony Taiwanese Actresses/Singers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
102 replies to this topic

#41 lovebum4life

lovebum4life

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 08:19 PM

I think it has to do with different cultures. IN the Western culture if girls like Angela and Hsu wei lin were famous here people would tell them to eat something and would find them unattractive because in Western society men tend to like tanned girls with curves, boobs, and a butt. Something a lot of the asian stars on tv don't have a lot of. In Asian society it seems like asian men like pale and skinny girls. So I guess it's just the culture's prefrences.

#42 wingedmemories

wingedmemories

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 09:27 PM

i sort of envy some of those people..for example..i think 7 flowers (qiao en, xiao qiao, xiao jie, and wei ru (?)) are skinny but they still have pretty good figures.

#43 mzdeviL

mzdeviL

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4509 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 07:59 AM

If I'm not wrong, if u are over 46kg, then u are considered "fat" in tw, Da S is ok, she used to be quite skinny, now she has gained some weight, which is great news because she's certainly healthier now ^_^

Angela Zhang would have to be the representative for skinny celebs in tw! I think she's only 36kg! :shock Everytime I see her, she seems really pale :unsure:

#44 .Lolly-Pop*

.Lolly-Pop*

JAEJAE <3

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3995 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 09:03 AM

Angela zhang is really skinny. I read in a new where it says that she is only 39 kg but she ate 7 meals a day which is quite a good thing if you ate so many meals a day and you don't get fat ;) I envy her but 39 kg is abit too over! :duh
Stefanie Sun was also skinny. I think if you close-up, you can really see her bones ;) But the weird thing is, she had a tummy :unsure:

Raine and Ariel are okay, they were of a normal weight and they looks healthy on screen.

#45 Deja Wu

Deja Wu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 11:32 PM

Yeah, I realized that almost every Asian female celebrity is under 50 kg, regardless of their height. I think the only one who is not under 50 kg, that comes to mind, is Lin Zhi Ling, but she is also very tall, so she definitely SHOULD NOT BE under 50 kg anyway (she's 52 kg, which is SUPER LIGHT for her height). While Angela and Cyndi are definitely super skinny, I sometimes wonder if Asian female celebs lie about their weight, since it is obviously so socially unacceptable to be over like, 47 kg or something. Personally, I am 166.5 cm and weigh 51 kg. I have been told my whole entire life that I was "SO skinny." Weight has never been an issue for me. I am actually considered slightly underweight according to health guides. I usually get mixed reactions towards my weight -- either "wow, you're so lucky you eat so much and don't gain weight" or "wow, you're too skinny." I don't really care too much about people's opinions, especially because my weight seems to be encoded in my genes. No matter what I eat or how much I eat, I don't seem to gain weight, so frankly, there is no point for me to worry over something that I cannot change. But like many posters mentioned above, Angela and Cyndi do not look healthy. You can literally see their bones protruding out. While someone mentioned that Stephanie Sun is also really skinny, I think it is more a genetic ordeal for her than trying to purposely lose/maintain a low weight. As for Rainie and Jolin and many other female celebs, I think they are also underweight but they are still relatively healthy. Rainie and Jolin are really popular right now and I'm sure the stress that they accumulate causes them to shed some pounds. As for Ariel, I love her. She's probably one of the very very few 'teenage idols' that has maintained a healthy, normal weight and has not succumbed to the cookie-cutter body figure of the rest of the girls.

#46 shadow angel

shadow angel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 01:28 AM

yea i must agree Cyndi and Angela arre way to skinny...also i think Hsu Wei Lun is also really skinny its really doesn't look all that good when your at the point that all your bones are showing. I agree that Arial is at a very healthy weight and i think that she's probably one of the few that is normal and not skinny. But i guess there are those people who eat a lot and don't get fat.

#47 spirit

spirit

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1916 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 04:27 AM

cyndi wang and angela zhang are the two taiwanese girls that are skinny to the extreme. :blink:

#48 solemnmite

solemnmite

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 07:51 PM

cyndi wang and angela zhang are the two taiwanese girls that are skinny to the extreme. :blink:

I know I shouldn't criticize them if their bodies are naturally like that but I just don't find their bodies attractive. I normally find slim bodies attractive but when you are as skinny as they are, it looks unhealthy. Whenever I see them, I think of little prepubescent kids.

#49 pgirl

pgirl

Slightly Evil

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 12:25 AM

^yah but i once heard Cyndi say she had gained some weight on a show & wanted to lose it but when i looked at her she seemed still really skinny, but yah xiezhi made fun of her before, called her a "living dried up corpse" XD cuz gosh her arms are stick skinny Oo;;

i really wonder if she has any muscle tone at all sometimes ._.;;;

#50 ImBLaZeUrNoT

ImBLaZeUrNoT

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 08:46 AM

hmm lOL dats a nice subjets to talk about ! lol yea... many many taiwanness actress are too bony i think like cyndi wang and angela zhang they both veryvery tiny lol.. but i guess its normal in these kind of hot country but i dont think that they r bony lol.. i prefere normal body :S just my opinion

#51 iverson2005

iverson2005

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 09:10 AM

Well i don't find them too skinny as i prefer slim girls as long as its not too bony.

#52 hottie_yanxingshu

hottie_yanxingshu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 11:27 AM

Although I have to agree that some Taiwanese female artists look really emaciated, I can't help but to digress on the point that all of them are that way. I seriously don't condemn them for their waif-like frames, I mean they face intense pressure to maintain their figures. It's like once they put on a few kilos, the media gets all nasty and make scathing remarks about them. Nobody wants to be on the receiving end of biting comments. Another thing is that being Asians, we tend to have more slender frames. I am fourteen years old with a height of 157 cm and weight of 36.5kg. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely do not get myself tangled up in crash diets or excercise like there's no tomorrow, in fact, I snack on frightening amounts of chocolate, potato chips, biscuits etc. on a daily basis. Also, I tend to lose quite a bit of weight whenever I stay up to do homework or assignments (stress). I am most definitely not the only one who loses weight due to stress, celebrities do too! I guess Asians, generally, are just more fortunate when it comes to weight issues.

#53 linkadink

linkadink

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 07:11 PM

I am concerned for them as well. Seeing Barbie makes me want to cry.
The only actresses that I'm not concerned about is Ariel Lin (Keep it up!)
But yes, I hope they are recieving nutritions properly.

#54 Wind_Whistle

Wind_Whistle

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 05:05 AM

I think Cyndi is so bony like a lot of other ppl in this thread, it's kinda obvious.. but if she stand alone, i dont even notice.. but i dont want to say anything bad about her because of it cause when i was younger,, no matter how much i ate, i was really bony..

#55 Ramen

Ramen

RIP Lily Krupuk (1988-2007)

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 05:29 AM

I think that skinny actresses like Cyndi Wang or Angela Zhang just freaks me out with their skinni-ness. I mean, well yea maybe they're not anorexic or anything but honestly, it still freaks me out to see bones protruding out here and there, or to see toothpicks arms/legs like Sweetz said earlier. Plus personally, I think that being too skinny could make those girls look tired/older than they really are. Haha.. I don't know.. maybe they should try vitamins or something to buff them up a lil? (I mean in a healthy way, which of course is supported with some excersice to build up some muscles and control their weight gain)

Therefore I really credit Ariel for her "healthy" image. She's not skinny but not fat either, which makes her very fresh looking. I also find that her body figure very realistic compared to the other actresses. Maybe if Angela or Cyndi could buff themselves a bit to the size of Ariel, they both would look even prettier.

#56 Michelle.

Michelle.

Reita is my kind of bassist ^^

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7408 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 11:49 PM

Actually Rainie isn't reli that skinny... she just has a small body frame... she is chubbier than when she was younger. Now her weight is healthy and normal. =] I also think that Ariel isn't too skinny. She's normal weight, a little chubbier than Rainie, but that juz makes her so cute. =]

#57 KeifuIsLove

KeifuIsLove

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:45 AM

I hope Ariel doesn't get sucked into being stick thin. She looks great just the way she is and she's healthy. But did she lose weight during the time between ISWAK and Tokyo Juliet? I heard she lost weight.

#58 Guest_eternity_ren_*

Guest_eternity_ren_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2006 - 02:43 PM

Cyndi and Angela are skinny. Angela once said in an interview that no matter how much she eats, she still can't gain weight. Well, I guess some people are really lyk that...

#59 st3phi3

st3phi3

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 06:47 PM

one thing i noticed is that almost all the girls that wear short skirts have chicken legs. skinny looks good on tv until u see the chicken legs cuz i usually dont think that the girls r really too skinny until i see their legs. and then i just wanna tell them to eat something.

#60 kAytiieee

kAytiieee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:35 AM

I find that all the Taiwanese actresses are so bony and skinny.Like Hsu Wei Lian ..she's so bony..Kinda gross when all you can see is bones.

Yeah she had already mentioned a while back that she knows she's really skinny... and REALLY wants to gain at least 5kg if not 10 or something.

Soemtimes I envy those girls who don't gain weight when they eat a lot.
I love food, but I gain weight when I eat too much so it sucks.
So yeah, I'm not skinny... 167cm tall and weighs 50 kg.... but I still try to maintain a healthy diet so yay~!

one thing i noticed is that almost all the girls that wear short skirts have chicken legs. skinny looks good on tv until u see the chicken legs cuz i usually dont think that the girls r really too skinny until i see their legs. and then i just wanna tell them to eat something.

Well yeah but sometimes those girls are the people who just don't gain any weight no matter how much they eat :down
Like Cyndi and Angela had already mentioned this over and over... no matter how much they eat, they just don't gain much weight. And if they keep on eating... they'll prob get a big stomach instead <_<
And on one of the shows when Cyndi mentioned this, other artists said that Cyndi wasn't lying... that she really did try to eat a lot but still didn't gain much weight...

Dang...................

Edited by kAytiieee, 12 September 2006 - 01:32 AM.

#61 Maddie87

Maddie87

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:47 AM

Which Cyndi are you talking about? because the one I know is absolutely NOT skinny or bony. SHe is normal, just like Ariel Lin and Rainie Yang and Da S.
Angela Zhang is bony, it's really gross. I don't like her in movies because she usually doesn't match the main actor at all...

#62 fin

fin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 04:10 AM

It seems that alot of of the actresses are really skinny or light. Im asian and i live in the us and im about 5' 3'' and weight 104 lbs or 47 kg a bit more. People around me consider me skinny. But when i see statistics of actresses such as Rainie who is about the same height...she's only 92 lbs or 42kg. Are asians in Asia just lighter?

#63 mzdeviL

mzdeviL

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4509 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 01:17 PM

some ppl r just naturally skinny...take Angela Zhang 4 example, she's only 38kg! :shock: but ppl tend 4 misunderstand her n think that she loves 2 diet n doesn't like eating much, but in fact, she loves 2 eat, she actually has a HUGE appetite! she's just naturally skinny, so it's hard 4 her 2 gain weight...n Fanfan (Fan Wei Qi) 2, she also has a big appetite, she's just naturally skinny.

some ppl do misunderstand those very skinny artists...some of them do diet (mainly those supermodels), but some of them r just naturally skinny...n it's not just asians, there r even some western n caucasian ppl whom r naturally skinny 2...no matter how much these ppl eat, they NEVER gain weight!

#64 babiluxx

babiluxx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:32 PM

while some are just naturally skinny...others do diet

weight in taiwan is viewed as a very very important thing esp in the entertainment circle...i mean how many chubby taiwanese entertainers do we acutually see???

#65 ♥kurisutaru♥

♥kurisutaru♥

♥ 火+土♥

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4896 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 05:26 AM

I agree, some of these artists are just naturally skinny, no matter how much they eat, they just can't seem to gain any weight. Angela Zhang in particular has a HUGE appetite, and yet she's only 38kg! But I would think the majority of these artists aren't as lucky; for those artists, their skinny figure is due dieting, supermodels in particular are pressured into excessive dieting to maintain their figure.

I heard Taiwanese people are very self-conscious about their weight, there aren't many 'chubby' people in the country, and many of them who were 'fat' in the past had gone on excessive diets to shed those extra kilos.
But I think the Taiwanese are just too "obsessive" about their weight; even just a weight of 47kg is considered "fat"! That's why female artists try to maintain their weight below that number. That's just too extreme in my opinion, I mean, 47kg in my opinion is very much a 'healthy' skinny weight!
I'm starting to wonder if all this obsessiveness Taiwanese have with their weight is due to the influence of Hollywood's trend with size 0's -_- or is there another reason?

Edited by ScrystaLz, 28 August 2007 - 08:32 AM.

#66 Guest_feelohp_*

Guest_feelohp_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2007 - 06:43 AM

Light boned? haha.. as long as they are healthy and not anorexic.. i think its okay.. but makes me wonder, if you pushed them.. would they go flying away.... hmm...

#67 mzdeviL

mzdeviL

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4509 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 09:18 AM

I heard Taiwanese people are very self-conscious about their weight, there aren't many 'chubby' people in the country, and many of them who were 'fat' in the past had gone on excessive diets to shed those extra kilos.
But I think the Taiwanese are just too "obsessive" about their weight; even just a weight of 47kg is considered "fat"! That's why female artists try to maintain their weight below that number. That's just too extreme in my opinion, I mean, 47kg in my opinion is very much a 'healthy' skinny weight!
I'm starting to wonder if all this obsessiveness Taiwanese have with their weight is due to the influence of Hollywood's trend with size 0's sleep.gif or is there another reason?

i agree, it's 2 extreme, i mean 47kg is NOT "fat" at all! that's the average recommended healthy weight! i think maybe hollywood's obsession with skinniness might've had an influence on the taiwanese ppl...

1 of my fav taiwan shows is Guessx3, i think they had a segment on very skinny girls several times these past few yrs...n all the girls who went on the show 4 that segment, my god! they were all stick thin! most of them weighed below 40kg! :shocked: many of them also looked so pale n anorexic! but many of them they said they r just naturally skinny...while others diet...many of them told stories about how they don't like 2 go out on windy days cuz the wind would blow them away!
seriously, obsession with skinniness in taiwan is really getting out of hand in my opinion! n it's b'cuz of that that taiwan artists r pressured into becoming skinny.

Edited by mzdeviL, 12 August 2007 - 09:26 AM.

#68 babyy_x_candie

babyy_x_candie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 06:43 PM

Well as many people up there^ have said, some of those skinny actresses ARE naturally skinny. ^_^; But a good example of an actress who has gotten skinnier since she joined the entertainment circle would be Ella from S.H.E. If you remember, she was kinda chubby in The Rose... or maybe it was the way her hair was cut? :lol?: And yet, now she looks a LOT skinnier.

#69 mzdeviL

mzdeviL

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4509 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 04:28 AM

actually, although Ella started out pretty chubby, but it just depends on what she's been up 2...cuz she's not naturally skinny, so she has 2 watch what she eats, sometimes it also depends on their schedules n how much stress they have due 2 work...i rmb when they 1st came out in 2001, Ella wasn't as chubby, but then she put on some weight by 2004/05...n now she's kinda gone skinny again...so it just depends on her lifestyle n workload.

#70 ytyl

ytyl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:02 AM

some people are naturally skinny. no matter how much they eat, they will never grow fat. those celebs who put on weight will surely slim themself down so as 2 not spoil their image, even if they don't, their company will want them 2.

they don't look that skinny like a stick cos they have e figure. but when i look at their weight, it seems scary. BMI sure very low.

#71 bapeman

bapeman

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1242 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:23 AM

asia girls r just so healthy and lean .....its quite something thats unique to asian girls which i like :)

#72 dayybe

dayybe

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:08 PM

when you compare asian actress or artistes with the western female artistes.. asians are a bit lighter.. or they tend to go on diets. while the western societty. being a bit huge(fat) is acceptable.. i.e. Lil-Kim is fat.. Fergie's thigh are huge (or muscular)

#73 lifemedia44

lifemedia44

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 05:28 AM

yep, it depends on the bones too and the structure of your body i guess.
some ppl who are naturally skinny don't have to worry about eating mcdonalds everyday haha.. other than the fact that they will have high cholestrol...

#74 *mty*

*mty*

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 07:34 AM

I think that the fact that the food is a lot more heathy in Asia is a reason but .. yes there´re many Taiwanese artist that are way to skinny even the mens like Vic ... I have to admit that sometimes I´m eating while I,m wathching some drama and they make me feel soo fat lol

#75 ♥kurisutaru♥

♥kurisutaru♥

♥ 火+土♥

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4896 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 08:14 AM

I think that the fact that the food is a lot more heathy in Asia is a reason but ..

I'm not sure if it's the food, because food in asia are even more fattening than food in the west...not only do they have the everyday fast food chains, but many of their native foods are also quite fattening too...dim sum are also very fattening foods, asians also eat a lot of fried food and stir fry their veggies, while western and caucasians prefer to steam their veggies, which is much healthier...I think judging by all the type of foods asians and caucasians eat in both parts of th continent, excluding all the major fast food chains, asian food is probably more fattening because they have more fried and oily food, so judging by that, asians should be much fatter...but the reason why there are more "fat" westerns and caucasians is because they love eating fast food, and they do eat a lot...so compared to them, asians probably don't eat fast food as much and they probably also eat less.
So a lot of the food in asia are actually more fattening.

#76 !evee

!evee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1222 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 12:19 PM

but you think about it..wat they eat they'll probaly work it all out doing their dances, lack of sleep and performances so i dont think its that easy for them to gain weight..

#77 cafemoi

cafemoi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 01:41 PM

42kg is too skinny for 5'3 but I guess those are the standards when you are an asian artist. But then again, I think their statistics are right anyway..Stars tend to be younger and weight less on these things..lol.

#78 wickaflame05

wickaflame05

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 04:40 PM

i dont like the stereotypes with asian girls, how they're all so skinny.

so if a girl is a bit over the "standard", people say shes too fat

#79 jumabean

jumabean

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1074 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 05:12 AM

i'm 41kg right now! that means i can only have room for elongation under the circumstance of not gaining any more pounds!

cyndi and jolin are both 41kg! and they're 158! i'm 154! 4 more inches but i can't gain anymore weight? ...well i do have a bit of blubber on my tummy, my calfs, inner thigh...and a tinsy bit on my arms. i figure if i shead those they will=5 pounds~ so i guess i'll be good to go after exercise!

but man! angela is too skinny!! 38kg! she looks perfectly healthy and yeah she's a pig just like chun but no! no pound gains on her! creepy!

jolin is on a strict diet. she doesn't eat fried stuff...and but pretty much everything w/ lots of oil~ and she doesn't eat after 6...that's tough. especially for a celebrity. i mean after promo's it would be often really late. wouldn't she be really hungry?

on a show SHE were talking about 9 out of 10 celebrities have stomach/intestine problems due to not eating right~ poor them. behind the stage, they live tough lives~

#80 N.S

N.S

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:05 PM

oooooh my god do you think the weight 47 is fat
am an Algerian but born and raised in fence and believe me 47 in here is skinny !!!!
I'm 53 but i think this is ok I'm 165 I'm taller than you Asian guys...

and by the way 47 is models size !!!