23 replies to this topic

#1 floofy

floofy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 04:57 AM

Hey guys, do you think this actually happening… ?
My engine car engine making noise when its almost due for the engine oil change. After done service a month plus, my car engine quite vibrating and making noise. The engine also harder to start.. 

Suspected the engine oil fake because i bought new brand for the first time.

Edited by floofy, 17 May 2019 - 09:13 AM.

#2 Muliadi

Muliadi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 09:19 AM

u sure the oil fake? wat brand? wat type? before u buy engine oil make sure which kind ur engine use? 5w-40, 5w-30?

dun simply put. if mistaken put 15w-50 of coz engine will making noise n hard to start..

#3 milooaiss

milooaiss

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 04:32 AM

My engine car engine making noise when its almost due for the engine oil change. After done service a month plus, my car engine quite vibrating and making noise. The engine also harder to start.. 

where did you buy the oil

u sure the oil fake? wat brand? wat type? before u buy engine oil make sure which kind ur engine use? 5w-40, 5w-30?

dun simply put. if mistaken put 15w-50 of coz engine will making noise n hard to start..

how do i know which kind of engine im using. should i go to the mechanic?

Edited by milooaiss, 21 May 2019 - 04:30 AM.

#4 mensye

mensye

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 04:38 AM

maybe you use low quality oil. that's why it damage the engine

where did you buy the oil

how do i know which kind of engine im using. should i go to the mechanic?

i think to know your engine must know your model car first

if there is no bar code or qr code maybe the engine oil is fake. did you checked the bottle

#5 fogofo

fogofo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 04:43 AM

so now you have to overhaul your engine which can be expensive and it takes time

the safest place to buy oil is from the petrol station. i guarantee it will not harm your engine

#6 joyceben

joyceben

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:02 AM

the safest place to buy oil is from the petrol station. i guarantee it will not harm your engine

But now there are many fake products in the market, how sure are u knew they didn't sell fake engine oil?

if there is no bar code or qr code maybe the engine oil is fake. did you checked the bottle

But not all brands of engine oil gt bar code or QR code, eg: Caltex Havoline engine oil, how can i identify whether it is genuine or fake engine oil?

#7 anne112

anne112

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:38 AM

Buying engine oil from petrol station cost a bomb, better buying from hypermarket like Tesco and Giant, some-more gt promotion especially during celebrations...

How many years have u driving the car? Maybe bcos the engine oil you're using not suitable with your car so the engine car start making noise and harder to start...

#8 joyceben

joyceben

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:53 AM

How many years have u driving the car? Maybe bcos the engine oil you're using not suitable with your car so the engine car start making noise and harder to start...

That's true! I'm facing the same problem last time, then my mechanic advised me to use higher number of engine oil for car driving above 10 years to keep engine running smoothly...

#9 lindley Tan

lindley Tan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:00 PM

Now at market really will have chance to get counterfeit car engine oil because of those seller only care for profit that maybe damage our car engine.

If your car happen with the issue after changing the car engine then will prefer you go change for another brand of engine oil because properly is the engine oil problem.

#10 joyceben

joyceben

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 06:10 AM

Now at market really will have chance to get counterfeit car engine oil because of those seller only care for profit that maybe damage our car engine.

Yup, but how to identify genuine oil or fake oil? 

If your car happen with the issue after changing the car engine then will prefer you go change for another brand of engine oil because properly is the engine oil problem.

If I mix with different brand of engine oil, will it damage the car engine?

#11 KayleeLOL

KayleeLOL

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 03:35 PM

That i m also have a bad experience before with a unknown workshop that time i m outstation visit a car workshop for emergency cases but they charge the changing part with a expensive price because of it was delivery from overseas. 

But if for looking a way to get cheaper cost for changing car engine oil i will prefer buy the engine oil by self and just look for aware car workshop for change it will be cheaper because will just charge for labor cost.

#12 fogofo

fogofo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 07:36 PM

But now there are many fake products in the market, how sure are u knew they didn't sell fake engine oil?

But not all brands of engine oil gt bar code or QR code, eg: Caltex Havoline engine oil, how can i identify whether it is genuine or fake engine oil?

if buy from petrol station of course ori mehh. if not they can get sued

That i m also have a bad experience before with a unknown workshop that time i m outstation visit a car workshop for emergency cases but they charge the changing part with a expensive price because of it was delivery from overseas. 

But if for looking a way to get cheaper cost for changing car engine oil i will prefer buy the engine oil by self and just look for aware car workshop for change it will be cheaper because will just charge for labor cost.

why not change engine oil by yourself? so easy. google the steps and you can just follow directly

better use same brand and same grade of oil 

Edited by fogofo, 22 May 2019 - 07:35 PM.

#13 mensye

mensye

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:03 AM

better go check to mechanic. im afraid it will get worst

why not change engine oil by yourself? so easy. google the steps and you can just follow directly

to change engine oil, just open the oil plug and remove old oil and fill with new one

you should try order the sparepart by yourself in ebay. it saves me a lot of penny

genuine oil got bar code or qr code on the bottle

#14 HussienShhh

HussienShhh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 03:34 PM

Guys if anyone of you want to buy engine oil remember don't go for those official store to buy because after compare the price i m realize that their selling price is expensive compare that the price i purchase at another place.

Do anyone of you know about the different between the semi and fully version of car engine oil? which will have the better function?

#15 joyceben

joyceben

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:02 AM

But if the engine oil I used b4 not suitable for my car then i decided to change the brand of engine oil? Will it harm my car?

#16 anne112

anne112

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:09 AM

How sure are you that engine oil sell at petrol station sure ori? 

#17 BBphire

BBphire

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:12 AM

you should try order the sparepart by yourself in ebay. it saves me a lot of penny

Other than Ebay, which online platform will be suggested? 

#18 lindley Tan

lindley Tan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 07:33 AM

With my friend told me that different brand of car engine oil will have different outcome for the car mileage it is real? how it affect?

Normally i will look for car engine oil at those hypermarket because they will have some sales for doing promotion that time the price is cheap.

#19 mensye

mensye

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 03:51 PM

of course petrol station will sell ori oil from hq la...

With my friend told me that different brand of car engine oil will have different outcome for the car mileage it is real? how it affect?

Normally i will look for car engine oil at those hypermarket because they will have some sales for doing promotion that time the price is cheap.

sometimes oil in hypermarket is not genuine. you have to make sure it's ori. dont just go for the cheap price

That's true! I'm facing the same problem last time, then my mechanic advised me to use higher number of engine oil for car driving above 10 years to keep engine running smoothly...

what does it mean by higher number engine oil? more volume or what

#20 KayleeLOL

KayleeLOL

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:25 AM

Anyone at here have use the Shell Helix HX8 this version of engine oil before? that my car workshop people introduce me which i hope to know some of the user experience for this car engine oil.

For getting the cheaper price for car engine oil actually can choose to purchase it online because sometimes will get to see some seller doing some sales promotion price on it.

#21 mensye

mensye

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:29 PM

Anyone at here have use the Shell Helix HX8 this version of engine oil before? that my car workshop people introduce me which i hope to know some of the user experience for this car engine oil.

For getting the cheaper price for car engine oil actually can choose to purchase it online because sometimes will get to see some seller doing some sales promotion price on it.

it's actually good, i love it. makes my car more pick up than usual

Other than Ebay, which online platform will be suggested? 

ali baba is good also. really cheap product from china

How sure are you that engine oil sell at petrol station sure ori? 

think logically of course it's ori. why would they sell fake oil and degrade their own oil?

i suggest you use shell hx8 oil. it will clean your engine making the engine soundless

#22 joyceben

joyceben

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted Today, 05:33 AM

what does it mean by higher number engine oil? more volume or what

The numbers represent the viscosity of the oil. Viscosity refers to the thickness of the oil, lower numbers are thinner, higher numbers are thicker.

#23 BBphire

BBphire

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted Today, 05:38 AM

ali baba is good also. really cheap product from china

How long does it take to get delivery? Engine oil made in China? Ori or not?

#24 anne112

anne112

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted Today, 05:54 AM

think logically of course it's ori. why would they sell fake oil and degrade their own oil?

Why not? There are so many fake and recycled engine oil all over the place, they do so to make a profit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users