Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52632 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:13 PM

Nancy Wu Reunites with Leo Ku After 14 Years

Wednesday January 9, 2019 Hong Kong

Credits: to hyn5 @ http://hyn5-hyn5.blogspot.com

Singer Leo Ku's MV for the new song 《亂世情侶》 released on the 8th. This time, former partner Nancy Wu was found to be the MV's female lead. The last time that the two collaborated was already 14 years ago. At the time, Nancy acted as the female lead for the MV of Leo's 《愛與誠》. Speaking of the past, they both highly praised each other for not changing at all. Leo said to Nancy, "A really special feeling. We were chatting before, and we both said that so many years have passed in the blink of an eye. Thus, to be able invite you to film my MV again, I am extremely happy. Her series filming schedule is really busy...has not been the female lead in an MV for someone in a long time. Thus, here, I have to specially thank her. A lot of people's so-called 'flashbacks'...I think that us shooting an MV again is it".

The MV talks about a couple that is saving money for wedding plans. Each is respectively busy with work, causing troubles in their love life. The woman goes to the office and is frequently OT-ing; the man is a warehouse clerk who works the overnight shift. It seems as though they are planning for the future together but have actually forgotten the person beside them. In the end, Leo realizes this and runs to Nancy's company to find her...a touching ending. Leo said, "Planned for the future but forgot the present. Forgot the original meaning of the two coming together; thus, this song plus this story is a story that is greatly emotionally stirring in love". Nancy also said, "There is this situation not only in the office. Actually, also like this in the industry that we work in. No days and nights. Many important moments or, perhaps what the song says, that most important kind of relationship between people...the tight-knit feeling is lacking in the process".

Filming in the office even brought back Nancy's memories from before she entered the industry: "I was a secretary for two years before entering the industry". Filming the MV this time is her 'comeback' project: "Haven't acted after completing a play last May! Thus, today is my first day of work...ha ha. Before, I also felt that it was time to pick it up again".

Leo even personally directed the MV. Every time a shot was done, he would watch the playback. Nancy said, "When [I] was listening to him talk in the car this morning, I already had a picture. Very moved. Perhaps it is because I have gotten older or perhaps had more experiences, would be really affected by these matters". Leo also did not forget to praise her first-rate acting skills: "There were many scenes that Nancy did in one take, and there were a few parts that I became teary-eyed while watching".

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hong kong, nancy wu, leo ku

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users