27 replies to this topic

#1 annaking266

annaking266

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 09:21 AM

Hi everyone, I'll be spending my sweet holiday in Hong Kong early next year. As we know you can't really get away with having some shopping trips in the capital city of shopping. And I am expecting to spoil myself there. 

I'll be travelling with 2 of my girl friends. Would it be safe to carry cash around or is there any other opinions/ advise that is safer?

#2 eevonyu

eevonyu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 01:40 PM

Nowadays ppl never bring cash when they travel...
Did you apply travel card before?

#3 iceice11

iceice11

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 06:01 AM

Have u heard about AirAsia travel credit card? If u consider to apply for credit card, I suggest u to apply AirAsia Credit Card bcoz their rewards are lucrative. 

#4 Ferari

Ferari

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 12:37 PM

Have u heard about AirAsia travel credit card? If u consider to apply for credit card, I suggest u to apply AirAsia Credit Card bcoz their rewards are lucrative. 

Is it the one that once sign up can get 25k big point immediately that credit card? Just sign up get so many point already, why not...

#5 IknowYou

IknowYou

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 12:41 PM

Is it the one that once sign up can get 25k big point immediately that credit card? Just sign up get so many point already, why not...

25k sign up that one for malaysia air asia, if Philippines will get 8k but now they running the promotion you will get 2x point for during your spending...

#6 chai.ken

chai.ken

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 04:28 PM

what...seriously? 25k BIG POINTS...so much of points can use to redeem flight :shock

btw my friend told me first year no need pay annual fee... is that real???

#7 jessica99

jessica99

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 06:16 AM

what...seriously? 25k BIG POINTS...so much of points can use to redeem flight :shock

btw my friend told me first year no need pay annual fee... is that real???

yup, the new cardholders no need pay annual fee in the first year...It's totally free...

Edited by jessica99, 27 December 2018 - 06:25 AM.

#8 KayleeLOL

KayleeLOL

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 06:23 AM

25k sign up that one for malaysia air asia, if Philippines will get 8k but now they running the promotion you will get 2x point for during your spending...

Yaya, AirAsia credit card holders can earn up to 2x BIG Points on their daily transactions, AirAsia flight bookings and purchases. This can help them to collect BIG Points more easily to fly free on their next holidays.

#9 iceice11

iceice11

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 07:27 AM

Yaya, AirAsia credit card holders can earn up to 2x BIG Points on their daily transactions, AirAsia flight bookings and purchases. This can help them to collect BIG Points more easily to fly free on their next holidays.

By using AirAsia Credit Card for booking AirAsia flights, u can earn 1 Big Points for as low as Php22!

So don't miss out the rewards that come from giving chances!

#10 FeliciaJ

FeliciaJ

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 02:43 PM

At least you will need to carry a bit of cash on hand as not all the shops will be accepting credit card so better prepared some first. But of course credit card gonna be more handy at times since it would be much safer than carrying a large stash of cash especially when travelling.

Can this card be used at outside other than just for purchasing flight tickets? Since you called it as travel credit card so I assumed it can only be used for buying flight tickets and maybe other Airasia merchandises. 

#11 LeonIsHere

LeonIsHere

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 02:56 PM

Yup that is also the reason why I signed up immediately after knowing about this new Airasia credit card being released. The sooner you apply the sooner you will start to collect points at a much faster rate, definitely a good choice for those that travel a lot.

Can this card be used at outside other than just for purchasing flight tickets? Since you called it as travel credit card so I assumed it can only be used for buying flight tickets and maybe other Airasia merchandises. 

Yes you can, it is just a partnership release between RCBC Bank and Airasia so technically it is also count as a regular credit card, just that you will enjoy more benefits when purchasing tickets using the card.

#12 FeliciaJ

FeliciaJ

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 03:03 PM

Yes you can, it is just a partnership release between RCBC Bank and Airasia so technically it is also count as a regular credit card, just that you will enjoy more benefits when purchasing tickets using the card.

I see I see, pardon me for my weird question hahaha. So from what I see from the other replies by using this credit card I am able to get 8k points when signed up and additionally enjoy 1 point for every PHP22 spent on Airasia? What are some other benefits that these?

#13 LeonIsHere

LeonIsHere

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 03:09 PM

I see I see, pardon me for my weird question hahaha. So from what I see from the other replies by using this credit card I am able to get 8k points when signed up and additionally enjoy 1 point for every PHP22 spent on Airasia? What are some other benefits that these?

Well by being a card holder of this Airasia credit card you would be able to gain VIP access to the check-in, luggage drop and boarding counter without having to queue like the other regular passengers, save your time by not having to go the airport early just to be at the front of the queue.

#14 KayleeLOL

KayleeLOL

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 07:12 AM

AirAsia BIG Points also awarded for local and overseas spending. For instance, u can earn 1 BIG Point for every PHP28 that u spend locally and PHP22 that u spend overseas.

#15 jessica99

jessica99

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 07:47 AM

AirAsia credit cardholders would also get to enjoy Instant Platinum Freedom Flyer status and free travel insurance. So, take your travels to new heights using this new AirAsia Credit Card. 

#16 eevonyu

eevonyu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 01:49 PM

wowww I dont even know new user can get up to 25k of big point after sign up
the benefits is toooo good if compare w/ other banks

#17 ExpertIKK

ExpertIKK

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 03:22 PM

AirAsia credit cardholders would also get to enjoy Instant Platinum Freedom Flyer status and free travel insurance. So, take your travels to new heights using this new AirAsia Credit Card. 

Really? this airasia credit card can earn big point while get free travel insurance, really worth it... can save money and earn point at the same time

Omg, the benefits are too great!! got so many additional value still want give free point during sign up...

really cannot miss this card!! wondering what else they will offer

#18 AniNeo

AniNeo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 03:56 PM

AirAsia BIG Points also awarded for local and overseas spending. For instance, u can earn 1 BIG Point for every PHP28 that u spend locally and PHP22 that u spend overseas.

Great, oversea spending you know that got any hidden charges? If local spending get so much big point can consider to take one start to accumulate big point...

Really? this airasia credit card can earn big point while get free travel insurance, really worth it... can save money and earn point at the same time

Omg, the benefits are too great!! got so many additional value still want give free point during sign up...

Is that real free travel insurance? then really save a lot of money, with this card can redeem ticket and get covered by insurance... wonderful!

#19 tavest

tavest

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 03:41 AM

Great, oversea spending you know that got any hidden charges? If local spending get so much big point can consider to take one start to accumulate big point...

Is that real free travel insurance? then really save a lot of money, with this card can redeem ticket and get covered by insurance... wonderful!

Wow this promotion with this credit card is really amazing, I want apply and try to book flight soon. hopefully can get free travel insurance with this card

For oversea spending also can earn point by using the same air asia credit card? what is the different local and oversea spending?

#20 Ferari

Ferari

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 03:44 PM

Wow this promotion with this credit card is really amazing, I want apply and try to book flight soon. hopefully can get free travel insurance with this card

For oversea spending also can earn point by using the same air asia credit card? what is the different local and oversea spending?

I have just checked local spending get 22php in return while oversea will get higher point... so this card really worth to use during your travel and free insurance...

that 25k is lucky person will get it, welcome point is 8k... i thought got 25k is for first sign up... hahahaha

#21 HussienShhh

HussienShhh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 06:05 AM

As far as i know, airasia credit card holders can use this card for both local and overseas spending. 1 BIG Point can be earned for either PHP28 of local spend or PHP22 of overseas spend.

#22 eevonyu

eevonyu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 11:24 AM

hahaha if u wondering, just sign up as their cardholder
because u'll never regret since there've so many benefits offer to you

#23 jessica99

jessica99

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 05:43 AM

ya, it's really true. Being airasia credit card cardholders, we don't have to pay extra cash to get travel insurance and start travelling worry-free. 

#24 catwang90

catwang90

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 01:47 PM

Wow, really instant upgrade to Platinum membership? If I remembered correctly in order for you to get it under normal condition you would have to fly at least 24 times within a span of one year right? Almost impossible for normal person that do not fly a lot.

As far as i know, airasia credit card holders can use this card for both local and overseas spending. 1 BIG Point can be earned for either PHP28 of local spend or PHP22 of overseas spend.

Hmm it seems like they encourage people to spend money overseas as compared to locals by having a better convertion rate of points for overseas spending, but that is okay also as usually we would spend a lot more due to the currency exchange between countries.

#25 anna_tan89

anna_tan89

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 01:53 PM

that 25k is lucky person will get it, welcome point is 8k... i thought got 25k is for first sign up... hahahaha

Nonetheless 8k points for free is a lot already, I had been using Airasia for my flight most of the time for more than 5 years already but until now I was only able to accumulate up to 2k+ points, so you can imagine how much is 8k points in comparison.

ya, it's really true. Being airasia credit card cardholders, we don't have to pay extra cash to get travel insurance and start travelling worry-free. 

That seems pretty nice, because usually when I purchase flight tickets from Airasia I would also choose to opt out from buying their insurance as I want to save on my travel expenses, I know I am not encouraged to do so in the case of any accident happening but since I am just a student so I can only save on whatever that I can :(

#26 hoisim

hoisim

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 02:14 PM

hahaha if u wondering, just sign up as their cardholder
because u'll never regret since there've so many benefits offer to you

I am myself had never regret once since I signed up for the card hahaha, the minimum spending that they required you to do to be eligible to obtain the bonus 8k points is quite reasonable and not too burdensome on the card holders, definitely recommend people to sign up for it not just let it slipped pass you.

That seems pretty nice, because usually when I purchase flight tickets from Airasia I would also choose to opt out from buying their insurance as I want to save on my travel expenses, I know I am not encouraged to do so in the case of any accident happening but since I am just a student so I can only save on whatever that I can :(

I was in the same situation like you before, not wanting to buy the insurance just for sack of trying to cut down my spending as much as possible. But after some unfortunate incidents that happened during my flight that caused my luggage to be damaged, I had ever since started to purchase insurance everytime I fly. 

#27 limtape

limtape

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 02:41 PM

Wow, really instant upgrade to Platinum membership? If I remembered correctly in order for you to get it under normal condition you would have to fly at least 24 times within a span of one year right? Almost impossible for normal person that do not fly a lot.

Yes it is really true, yeah I understand it is very difficult for you to get such membership if you are unable to fulfill their requirement so with this card you would be able to get it immediately and enjoy much more benefits especially for Platinum members such as up to 7x the points for every PHP13 spent!

Yup I agree 8k points is really a lot, so I would recommend everybody to apply for this credit card as you can just use it anyway and still being able to collect BIG points by doing so, at the same time the application process is not that hard to be done also where you can just do it online through their website.

#28 bikini

bikini

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 03:02 PM

I was in the same situation like you before, not wanting to buy the insurance just for sack of trying to cut down my spending as much as possible. But after some unfortunate incidents that happened during my flight that caused my luggage to be damaged, I had ever since started to purchase insurance everytime I fly. 

Hope that everything is okay for you and not a huge loss :( If that's the case then I think you should be applying for this Airasia credit card since all the flight insurance would be covered by them if you make the purchase using this card, not to mention being able to enjoy all the benefits mentioned by other forumers before.

Yup I agree 8k points is really a lot, so I would recommend everybody to apply for this credit card as you can just use it anyway and still being able to collect BIG points by doing so, at the same time the application process is not that hard to be done also where you can just do it online through their website.

Yes I also do it through online application too for my credit card, the processing time is quite fast which was done within just a few weeks after I had submitted all the documents that they required, no need to queue up at the bank which is a relieve for me as I dont usually have the free time to do so during weekdays :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users