43 replies to this topic

#1 mylar

mylar

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 05:16 AM

Dementia is a general term for a decline in mental ability severe enough to interfere with daily life. Memory loss is an example. Besides, Alzheimer's is the most common type of dementia.

But did anyone know how to take care dementia patient?

•  

#2 fogofo

fogofo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 02:30 AM

Welp... it depends on the severity of the patients. Some are very independent and others might not, which degree are you looking at?

#3 mylar

mylar

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 03:40 AM

Welp... it depends on the severity of the patients. Some are very independent and others might not, which degree are you looking at?i

Although some of the dementia patient were independent but dementia will make them easy to forgot somethings which they need to do, such as eat, bath and etc. So they still need someone to remind them what they haven't do. 

#4 veronchung

veronchung

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 07:45 AM

Welp... it depends on the severity of the patients. Some are very independent and others might not, which degree are you looking at?

Agreed. Some Alzheimer patients are not as bad. Meaning they still can do normal stuff without forgetting them. Can still meet new people and remember some of the conversations they had. But others who are badly affected could maybe have problem determining where they are or what's the time. So the way to take care of them really depend on which stage are they and how bad they are deteriorating

Although some of the dementia patient were independent but dementia will make them easy to forgot somethings which they need to do, such as eat, bath and etc. So they still need someone to remind them what they haven't do. 

Reminding them is one thing, but severe cases could lead to giving a hand rather than just remind. That is the of course when the patient is a latter stages i believe

#5 terrylo

terrylo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 11:13 AM

I was not around during her earlier stage of dementia. For now, my grandma need someone to watch her all day. She needs help in bathing, eat and other daily activities..

#6 angelina99

angelina99

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 02:27 AM

I was not around during her earlier stage of dementia. For now, my grandma need someone to watch her all day. She needs help in bathing, eat and other daily activities..

How about hire a private nurse? i think in earlier stage of dementia, they still able to communicate with people, walk and eat is not a big issues for them. 

#7 veronchung

veronchung

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 06:04 AM

How about hire a private nurse? i think in earlier stage of dementia, they still able to communicate with people, walk and eat is not a big issues for them. 

Private = expensive. No? Haha sorry, its just that whenever i see the word "private" there's only one thing that comes to my mind and out of my pocket. Money T_T

#8 hoisim

hoisim

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 07:41 AM

Dementia is a general term for a decline in mental ability severe enough to interfere with daily life. Memory loss is an example. Besides, Alzheimer's is the most common type of dementia.

•  

oh goshhh.. can u explain more about the earlier symptom? i think my grandma start having this problem too.. :(

Private = expensive. No? Haha sorry, its just that whenever i see the word "private" there's only one thing that comes to my mind and out of my pocket. Money T_T

Yuppp agree with you. when u go to private one, make sure your acc enough to pay the bill.. haha

#9 yippi00

yippi00

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 08:38 AM

I think not easy to handle the person who was suffer with dementia. In my previous, my late aunt got dementia. And i've saw how struggle her daughter handled her daily activities.. I think u shud find someone who is expert in this case. 

Agreed. Some Alzheimer patients are not as bad. Meaning they still can do normal stuff without forgetting them. Can still meet new people and remember some of the conversations they had. But others who are badly affected could maybe have problem determining where they are or what's the time. So the way to take care of them really depend on which stage are they and how bad they are deteriorating

Reminding them is one thing, but severe cases could lead to giving a hand rather than just remind. That is the of course when the patient is a latter stages i believe

and how about the critical one?  Even the early stage need more attention. If u afford to hire a nurse and can look around after u 24 hours, so it will help u.

#10 pinda.panda

pinda.panda

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 11:40 AM

Not really sure. Dementia patients are all different based on their behavior and personality. I dont know if their any specific way on how to take care of dementia patient.

#11 kzmt11

kzmt11

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 05:27 PM

I think not easy to handle the person who was suffer with dementia. In my previous, my late aunt got dementia. And i've saw how struggle her daughter handled her daily activities.. I think u shud find someone who is expert in this case. 

and how about the critical one?  Even the early stage need more attention. If u afford to hire a nurse and can look around after u 24 hours, so it will help u.

I agree with you. It can be really stressful handling dementia patient which might lead you to hurt them in any ways. Better just leave it to experienced experts if you just hire one. They surely know how to handle them.

Not really sure. Dementia patients are all different based on their behavior and personality. I dont know if their any specific way on how to take care of dementia patient.

Correct. However for those really have experiences in taking care dementia patient they knows how to take care of them in any other aspect according to their behavior. 

#12 mylar

mylar

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 02:28 AM

Yuppp agree with you. when u go to private one, make sure your acc enough to pay the bill.. haha

Private normally was expensive but it can provide the professional services, if u want the lower price then do not expect they will give you a quality services...price = quality.

#13 HellyPotta

HellyPotta

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 04:45 AM

Well sorry for being late to this post but , expensive? I dont think so. If you look at caregiverAsia, most of the nurse/freelancers/babystter/confinement ladies are flexible with their time of work. Meaning, you can hire a private nurse by hour terms. TS can try look at this website here :

https://www.caregive...m/?locale=en-MY

#14 pinda.panda

pinda.panda

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 06:01 AM

Well sorry for being late to this post but , expensive? I dont think so. If you look at caregiverAsia, most of the nurse/freelancers/babystter/confinement ladies are flexible with their time of work. Meaning, you can hire a private nurse by hour terms. TS can try look at this website here :

Woah the price rate quite reasonable. But how are the service? Professionalism? Experience? Is it beyond expectation than the price its offered?

#15 HellyPotta

HellyPotta

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 08:25 AM

Woah the price rate quite reasonable. But how are the service? Professionalism? Experience? Is it beyond expectation than the price its offered?

Price is flexible according to your affordability. This is because the time to book is also flexible. So you can hire for the period of time you need only. No need to hire like a maid. 24/7/365. You can save a lot there. For the service, imo is very dependable since the people working as freelancers there are mostly people with educational background. if not that, at least they are experienced.

#16 chuge

chuge

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 04:15 AM

dementia patient always feel nervous because they don't know why they are here and who are those people? So it really need someone who can look them well.

#17 hoisim

hoisim

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 05:04 AM

wooahhh.. i've checked this link just now.. it's really impress me with the service offer by them. There are no other platforms can give us flexible service like caregiverAsia.. 

#18 AniNeo

AniNeo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 05:17 AM

Well, actually.. I've been looking for a caregiveAsia website. Finally, someone shared at this forum. My mom suffer with dementia too. So i really need a helper to handle her while i go out for working.

#19 pinda.panda

pinda.panda

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 05:41 AM

Price is flexible according to your affordability. This is because the time to book is also flexible. So you can hire for the period of time you need only. No need to hire like a maid. 24/7/365. You can save a lot there. For the service, imo is very dependable since the people working as freelancers there are mostly people with educational background. if not that, at least they are experienced.

I see. Well,educational background and experiences do are the most important thing when it comes to these kind of service. Seems like this caregiverasia really reliable platform. And if the price really affordable then it is a bonus

#20 terrylo

terrylo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 04:02 AM

I think my mom used Caregiver once to take care gradma... We was away for a short trip and everyone else is busy working. So she booked a parttimer specifically to care for dementia patients. From what I observed, the parttimer really knows what shes doing.  

#21 KayleeLOL

KayleeLOL

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 05:05 AM

My grandma has dementia. Taking care of her was pretty difficult. She gain and lose her memory all the time, so you need to keep constant eye on her. Once she went missing for half a day because she'd wander around looking for her (passed) sister, which was very frightening for us to have an elderly go missing. Thankfully we found her later that day on the next neighborhood. Ever since then we never left her alone, even in the house

#22 lindley Tan

lindley Tan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 07:17 AM

I'd say during work hours is the hardest. You can't really leave them alone yet can't bring them your workplace. My neighbour used to have a demented mother. She hired a sitter to take care of her daily during work time. Its much safer and easier

#23 chuge

chuge

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 09:04 AM

I'd say during work hours is the hardest. You can't really leave them alone yet can't bring them your workplace. My neighbour used to have a demented mother. She hired a sitter to take care of her daily during work time. Its much safer and easier

This sounds better and convenient.. I heard many demented parents were left at care houses... and i think they get lonely being away from their loved ones

#24 floofy

floofy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 09:32 AM

I think it is scarier when you have close family relatives that have diabetes and dementia. And from what I know, these cases are rising. I am glad that we are having the choice of hiring in-home carers that are well trained.  

#25 lindley Tan

lindley Tan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 04:08 PM

Every choice has pros and cons. Although i would agree not sending your parents to a nursing homes. Its better if you can stay close to them. They are your family members after all. If it ever happen to me i'd hire someone to take care of them in our house as well. At least it is much more comfortable

#26 KayleeLOL

KayleeLOL

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 05:46 PM

Yup. From the house you can make sure they are eating and resting well and comfortably. Also, if you need to find someone that can handle medical situations as well. THese are dementia patients anyway, not just old people. There are a lot of things to give attention to

#27 lindley Tan

lindley Tan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 06:28 PM

RIght on. Furthermore you'd feel more secured if its a professional caretaker. They are more trained and knowledgeable in handling some situations especially medical-related. But honestly i dont know if its feasible because quality services are usually expensive. Maybe it depends on your finances as well. If you cant afford it maybe normal caretakers is enough

#28 jessica99

jessica99

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 03:38 AM

RIght on. Furthermore you'd feel more secured if its a professional caretaker. They are more trained and knowledgeable in handling some situations especially medical-related. But honestly i dont know if its feasible because quality services are usually expensive. Maybe it depends on your finances as well. If you cant afford it maybe normal caretakers is enough

It depends. I personally use caregiverasia for hiring things like this. The prices differ from nurses to nurses, so you can always find one that matches yours. And you can do background checks too. So far im content with their services

#29 KayleeLOL

KayleeLOL

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 07:18 AM

Is it strict to nursing or can they do other things as well?

#30 jessica99

jessica99

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 12:48 PM

They provide a lot of caretaking services. If you need them not only for medical reasons but to take care of your house and cook for your old parents also can I think they do that as well

#31 KayleeLOL

KayleeLOL

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 04:46 PM

but can you trust random strangers to take care of your family? Now very scary la

#32 jessica99

jessica99

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 05:16 PM

Nahh they are profesionals. If you look at the website you can see from nurses to medical students for hire so they are kinda expert in caretaking. And since they are registered under the company you can always track and see the reviews of the caretakers

#33 milooaiss

milooaiss

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 02:26 PM

Caregiverasia sounds like a good platform for me. But, i always encounter a problem when it comes to hiring nurse to take care of my parents. I have a dog in my house and it has became the reason why I hardly find a nurse.

#34 anna_tan89

anna_tan89

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 02:33 PM

Caregiverasia sounds like a good platform for me. But, i always encounter a problem when it comes to hiring nurse to take care of my parents. I have a dog in my house and it has became the reason why I hardly find a nurse.

I don't think it would be a serious issue actually. Some caretakers on caregiverasia actually stated that whether they feeling comfortable with pets or nah on the site. Just find one that suits your requirement will be enough. 

#35 milooaiss

milooaiss

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 02:42 PM

Sounds like caregiverasia really a good platform for what I needed. But how caregiverasia actually protects their customers ah? Scare that I made my orders but suddenly got cancelled without any further notice ler.

#36 anna_tan89

anna_tan89

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 02:51 PM

Sounds like caregiverasia really a good platform for what I needed. But how caregiverasia actually protects their customers ah? Scare that I made my orders but suddenly got cancelled without any further notice ler.

Hmm, good question. This is really serious when it get cancelled without any notice. I always worry especially when I make payment first even though it is only part of the total fee. Just curious caregiverasia provides any protection on customer's right or not

#37 anne112

anne112

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 02:59 PM

Hmm, good question. This is really serious when it get cancelled without any notice. I always worry especially when I make payment first even though it is only part of the total fee. Just curious caregiverasia provides any protection on customer's right or not

I actually have experience on this when I use caregiverasia. They actually protects their customers on such situation where they allowed customers contacted their customer service when the caretaker cancel it without notice his or her customers. Last time I got cancelled by the caretaker I selected, the customer service immediately arranged another caretaker that suits to my requirement.

#38 hoisim

hoisim

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 03:08 PM

Wow, am I supposed to pay a booking charge for the service I booked? If yes, how much i am supposed to pay?

#39 anne112

anne112

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 03:15 PM

Wow, am I supposed to pay a booking charge for the service I booked? If yes, how much i am supposed to pay?

Yes, a 20% of the total fee will be charged. For my case, I have hired a nurse from caregiverasia to take care of my grandpa during my working hours. The total fee was MYR560. I have paid a total MYR672 that included the booking fee.

#40 hoisim

hoisim

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 03:19 PM

What if I have to cancel the service I booked? Can I? Sometimes I made my bookings too soon and forget that I am actually able to take care my parents on my own. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users