#1 esther_chan90

esther_chan90

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 04:50 AM

Hi mums and dads,

My SIL is expecting our first third-generation of the family. She believes that she can handle it herself and forgo all the hassle finding one. But, my whole family believes that we should never neglect postpartum and postnatal.

I was wondering do we have any simple alternative to find confinement lady in KL that is dependable and trustworthy.  So it is very important for us to find one.  

#2 veronchung

veronchung

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 05:37 AM

First of all, confinement is important to make sure you're fit post natal. Mothers should have quality rest and refrain from standing too long or lift heavy objects during her postpartum confinement. She should consume food that helps to strengthen liver, kidney and bones as it will help to improve on and prevent backache problems.

Confinement lady on the other hand is optional. You can find a few decent ones but make sure that the reviews are good. and also, they won't come cheap :/

#3 sonyeerin

sonyeerin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 10:15 AM

isnt confinement should be a must? i think whether she want or not its better to go through confinement

#4 pinda.panda

pinda.panda

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 10:19 AM

First of all, confinement is important to make sure you're fit post natal. Mothers should have quality rest and refrain from standing too long or lift heavy objects during her postpartum confinement. She should consume food that helps to strengthen liver, kidney and bones as it will help to improve on and prevent backache problems.

Confinement lady on the other hand is optional. You can find a few decent ones but make sure that the reviews are good. and also, they won't come cheap :/

Oldfolks surely have experience in going through confinement process but i think it is better to have a confinement lady because in way they really knows what they are doing right. If youre lucky enough you could get a very good confinement lady with reasonable price. But in KL area, i would put a high hope on that lol

#5 sonyeerin

sonyeerin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 10:25 AM

Oldfolks surely have experience in going through confinement process but i think it is better to have a confinement lady because in way they really knows what they are doing right. If youre lucky enough you could get a very good confinement lady with reasonable price. But in KL area, i would put a high hope on that lol

lol yah.. if youre looking for confinement lady in kl i think its quite hard to get the traditional one. mostly people nowadays practice modern confinement.

#6 milooaiss

milooaiss

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 11:12 AM

for my first child,i got  the confinement lady that recommended randomly.

that lady  was not focused and spent most of her time talking or texting on her phoneand hasty with the preparation of food food. for my second child i find myself the confinement lady from this website https://www.caregive...m/?locale=en-MY. yupp i have good experience  here. 

isnt confinement should be a must? i think whether she want or not its better to go through confinement

I think it is a must as confinement period is allowed mother to fully recover after child delivery.

Edited by milooaiss, 14 November 2018 - 10:50 AM.

#7 esther_chan90

esther_chan90

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 07:16 AM

lol yah.. if youre looking for confinement lady in kl i think its quite hard to get the traditional one. mostly people nowadays practice modern confinement.

yup.. I think the modern confinement is better for my SIL. Seeing how cool she is in not finding a confinement lady says it all.

that lady  was not focused and spent most of her time talking or texting on her phoneand hasty with the preparation of food food. for my second child i find myself the confinement lady from this website https://www.caregive...m/?locale=en-MY. yupp i have good experience  here. 

I think it is a must as confinement period is allowed mother to fully recover after child delivery.

do tell me more about your experiences 🙂

#8 lindley Tan

lindley Tan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 08:21 AM

In my case, I prefer to do the confinement that caters to me cos not all mothers need to go through the same process of recovery. if hiring a confinement lady as an option, i think it is important to be able to meet her first, cause the last thing i want during that period is a lousy confinement lady.

#9 AniNeo

AniNeo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 10:17 AM

hey everyone, 

in my opinion aah... with or without confinement lady a new mother should have a good mental health. if the new mother is not happy or restless, everything is just a bad experience.

best way not to feel stressful is to seek an extra hand from someone you feel comfortable around, regardless, if that person is a family member or not.

If not comfortable then got or not extra hand the mother might feel uneasy to rest lorh. 

In my case, I prefer to do the confinement that caters to me cos not all mothers need to go through the same process of recovery. if hiring a confinement lady as an option, i think it is important to be able to meet her first, cause the last thing i want during that period is a lousy confinement lady.

I agree to meet first before booking oso... need to know the lady first.   

#10 veronchung

veronchung

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 10:49 AM

Oh i forgot about that platform lol. Iv'e used their service for physiotherapy last 3 months. The therapist was good and experienced imo. He had an educational background too

#11 chuge

chuge

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 10:55 AM

hey everyone, 

in my opinion aah... with or without confinement lady a new mother should have a good mental health. if the new mother is not happy or restless, everything is just a bad experience.

best way not to feel stressful is to seek an extra hand from someone you feel comfortable around, regardless, if that person is a family member or not.

If not comfortable then got or not extra hand the mother might feel uneasy to rest lorh. 

I agree to meet first before booking oso... need to know the lady first.   

I agree on your first point. Mental health and also physical health are both important esp after you've delivered the baby. Problem arise when our nearest family is not available to assist in confinement. Regardless, the mother should not avoid confinement. Hence, the multiple confinement centre out there

Oh i forgot about that platform lol. Iv'e used their service for physiotherapy last 3 months. The therapist was good and experienced imo. He had an educational background too

How was the price bro? is it okay for you?

#12 veronchung

veronchung

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 10:57 AM

I agree on your first point. Mental health and also physical health are both important esp after you've delivered the baby. Problem arise when our nearest family is not available to assist in confinement. Regardless, the mother should not avoid confinement. Hence, the multiple confinement centre out there

The price imo is still affordable. Plus it is very flexible so you can adjust btween you and the caregiver on how to proceed with the service

#13 FeliciaJ

FeliciaJ

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 05:16 AM

hey everyone, 

In my case during my confinement period its was my mum who came and take care of me since she did have all sort of experience dealing with it, so I am quite comfortable lah since no need to worry about communication with the confinement lady who I am not familiar with, I am quite a shy person by nature so prefer someone that I am close to.

Oh so they got provide other services other than for confinement too? Because I am too looking for people to take care of my parents who are getting older, feel uneasy leaving them at home when I went out to work and nobody to take care of them.

#14 LeonIsHere

LeonIsHere

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 05:32 AM

I had used the service on caregiverasia before, the pricing is quite reasonable lah imo since they charged depending on how many hours that you need their service so dont need to worry about overcharging, just select the time that you want and proceed with the according payments. 

In my case during my confinement period its was my mum who came and take care of me since she did have all sort of experience dealing with it, so I am quite comfortable lah since no need to worry about communication with the confinement lady who I am not familiar with, I am quite a shy person by nature so prefer someone that I am close to.

Yes I can understand how you feel with stranger walking around your house you might feel abit uneasy, but rest assure that with caregiverasia you would open to their workers very soon since they are all very friendly and polite, my wife even became friends with one of them and they do remain in contact even after her confinement period.

#15 FeliciaJ

FeliciaJ

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:20 AM

I had used the service on caregiverasia before, the pricing is quite reasonable lah imo since they charged depending on how many hours that you need their service so dont need to worry about overcharging, just select the time that you want and proceed with the according payments. 

I see I see, its good to hear that, because sometimes if you were to hire someone from outside they can increase their price whenever they want, this month maybe RM1k but next month maybe increase to 1.1k without any valid reasons, thats why I am quite fed up with their attitude lah haih.

Yes I can understand how you feel with stranger walking around your house you might feel abit uneasy, but rest assure that with caregiverasia you would open to their workers very soon since they are all very friendly and polite, my wife even became friends with one of them and they do remain in contact even after her confinement period.

Yeah because I will feel my freedom being limited lah haha because cant do things as I wished to do, but if they are friendly then its okay for me, I had heard from my friends there are some confinement lady which would scold them if they are not happy with how things were done even though we are the one who hired them in the first place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users