Dangerous City First Lady
Chinese Title:危城First Lady
Ngai Sing First Lady
Costume Fitting Date:
February 26, 2018
Fong Chun Chiu
- 25 episodes long.
- The story takes place in the '20s and '30s, and is based on Jack the Ripper.
- Nadia Chan will play a First Lady, whose husband is a foreigner, but a bizarre murder occurs, and her husband also goes missing. She is originally an otherworldly upper-class lady who is really detached from reality, but when her family is in straitened circumstances, she goes to Yau Ma Tei, where she reunites with her younger sister, Alice Chan, whom she had lost contact with for 20-plus years. She is forced to move into low-rent housing; however, despite living in a log cabin, she still has to high tea and continue to dress nobly. She is the female version of Sherlock Holmes, who always solves cases. She is originally very elegant, but in order to investigate cases, she dresses like a gentleman so that it is more convenient to chase. To solve a case, she cross-dresses to pursue Griselda Yeung, but Griselda mistakes her as a man and falls in love with her.
- Alice will play Pau Mui Tai (鮑妹娣), a landlady. She appears to be harsh but actually values love and friendship. She and Nadia are sisters, but they do not get along with one another, each having their resentments. While Nadia is educated and excels at investigating cases, she was in Guangzhou and did not study much, but she is an upright person. She initially does work where she picks up dead bodies, even pawning the deceased's funerary objects to support her son. In between, she meets an old woman who gives her her property; thus, she becomes a landlady. When Nadia falls from grace, Ben Wong rents her place, and Nadia becomes one of her tenants. She has a romantic storyline with Ben and Tsui Wing. Ben Wong is her first love, but her family opposed (Nadia felt that there was a difference in class, so Nadia broke them apart; thus, she got mad at Nadia), so she married someone else and had a child. Unfortunately, her husband is useless. Later, she meets Tsui Wing, but he is only with her because of his mother.
- Ben will play Kiu Yat Fu, Nadia's butler who remains loyal to her regardless of how low she falls. He greatly admires his saviour, Nadia, and even investigates cases with her. He is a widower who gets caught between Nadia and Alice.
- Tsui Wing will play a security guard. He is paralyzed. He and Nadia have different investigative methods, but he finds her impressive. He likes Alice.
- Kaman Kong will play Ting Hiu Yiu, a 16-year-old servant.
- Jeannie Chan will play Ngai So Ka (魏素嘉), an elegant painter during the day, but she has a part-time job at night as a high-ranked hostess in which she takes off her clothes.
- Dickson Yu will play Yau Chi (游池), who belongs to the rather poor group of Yau Ma Tei people. To find his father, he works many part-time jobs, which includes pulling rickshaws, emptying night soil, and meeting girls. He gets caught between Kaman and Jeannie.
- Gilbert Lam will play Kiu Pak Chuen, who is the bridge of communication between the foreigners and the Chinese. He helps a lot of Chinese people. He is the boss behind Jeannie's night-time job. He is a villain.
- Griselda will play an upper-class lady. She and Nadia are initially rivals; she tramples on Nadia when she falls, but she later likes her.
- Joe Tay will play Yam Si Choi, the detestable boss of a funeral home.
- Angelina Lo will play Joe's mother.
- Ching Ho Wai is like a woman who uses rice for talking with the spirits. She figures that her son, Tsui Wing, has a tough life, so he has to match up with a woman with a tough life, which is Alice.
- Chan Wing Chun will play a shepherd.
- Jarryd Tam will play Cheung Si Man (張仕文).
- Burmie Wong will play Yiu Yat Sam (姚一心), a flirtatious woman.
- Kelvin Lee will play Poon Cheung (潘章), a security guard.
- Lisa Ch'ng will play Pak Mau Tan (白牡丹), a famous prostitute.
- Helen Ng will play a woman in charge of prostitutes.
- Gary Chan will play a good doctor.
Credits: to hyn5 @ http://hyn5-hyn5.blogspot.com
Edited by foreverleila, 12 February 2019 - 03:01 AM.