AF needs funding again

Photo

Awards

tvb captain of destiny award drama

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 XxtvbxX

XxtvbxX

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:59 PM

Do you think Captain of Destiny can win any awards? It seems to be well received in Singapore but what about Hong Kong? A contender for best drama? Ruco for TVB King (yes please ;))?

Any of the cast deserve an award?

#2 tvdreams

tvdreams

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 04:34 AM

no.... i think this drama is still far from being decent... there are moments that I really enjoyed but most of the time I just want to bang my head to the wall.... too many inconsistency and non sense logic, and terrible written character except for Ha Sim and Man Ho. I was also disappointed in the 'story' of CPT, as he is really a mysterious legend in hong kong but all i learned about him in this drama is that he falls for girls easily....

Ruco definitely deserves an award but I don't want him to win anything out of a bad series like this. I really wish he will get recognized with everyone's blessings, like Wayne Lai and Roger Kwok did. When I am watching hk news and reading posts online today and yesterday, no one is really excited about him getting the award.

Edited by tvdreams, 27 October 2015 - 04:38 AM.

#3 mspisces1995

mspisces1995

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:03 AM

no.... i think this drama is still far from being decent... there are moments that I really enjoyed but most of the time I just want to bang my head to the wall.... too many inconsistency and non sense logic, and terrible written character except for Ha Sim and Man Ho. I was also disappointed in the 'story' of CPT, as he is really a mysterious legend in hong kong but all i learned about him in this drama is that he falls for girls easily....
Ruco definitely deserves an award but I don't want him to win anything out of a bad series like this. I really wish he will get recognized with everyone's blessings, like Wayne Lai and Roger Kwok did. When I am watching hk news and reading posts online today and yesterday, no one is really excited about him getting the award.

I am and so are my friends. No reason why he should be penalised for a badly written drama (which I did enjoy in a way).

#4 xxMiya

xxMiya

Q期 ♥

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5074 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:07 PM

I still think Grace stands a good chance for Most Improved. Not because she really improved, but because TVB is pushing her like crazy. She's had the award in the bag since before this drama aired. Like most of you have said, the drama is poorly written and is average at best. It's really not worthy of being an anniversary drama and I felt like the 300 million or whatever amount TVB spent on it was wasted.

Ruco was good in this drama, but I can't see him winning BA this year. There's not enough buzz about his character... Man Ho is going to be long forgotten by the time Lord of Shanghai is done airing. He'll get nominated, but we would need miracles for him to win. Sucks, but Ruco and his fans are probably going to have to wait another year or so.

#5 XxtvbxX

XxtvbxX

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:52 PM

I really feel that the drama didn’t justify Ruco’s acting...

I feel that even if he doesn't win Tvb King this year, he still has a chance next year if they broadcaat fhe drama he’s currently filming. Im my opinion, and I know a lot of you will disagree with me, I feel that Ruco is more versatile than Wayne. Despite Wayne winning BA multiple of times, his character always seems to.be the same- the loud one who is the leader or the hero. I believe he can act these characters anazingly but Ruco seems to be the versatile one. However, consideing the reception of COD, I really doubt he'll get it!

For Grace, I hope she doesn't win but she probably will. Quote a lot of people hate her atm because she's beig promoted so much and if TVB give her the award, her hate will multiply. It's a shame because I see potential in her but TVB don't know how to use it (a few times as 2nd line as people will begin to like her)

#6 xxMiya

xxMiya

Q期 ♥

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5074 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:12 PM

Yeah, I'm a fan of Grace's but I also hope she doesn't win this year. It's more important for her to win the audience's support now. I am hoping for Tracy or Katy this year even though their chances aren't as high.

I don't particularly like either Wayne or Ruco. They're good actors, but I just don't enjoy watching them. But speaking just chance-wise, I feel like the actors from Lord of Shanghai has a better chance. Even Bobby in With or Without You will have a better chance than Ruco, in my opinion. Unfortunately, whenever people talk about Captain of Destiny it's usually to talk about its negative points such as the plotholes, Grace's acting, or Tony not being as good as Raymond Wong. I don't see a lot of people (minus of course, the Ruco fans) talking about Ruco. His hardwork is overshadowed by the negative points of the drama.

#7 tvdreams

tvdreams

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 02:26 AM

I really feel that the drama didn’t justify Ruco’s acting...

I feel that even if he doesn't win Tvb King this year, he still has a chance next year if they broadcaat fhe drama he’s currently filming. Im my opinion, and I know a lot of you will disagree with me, I feel that Ruco is more versatile than Wayne. Despite Wayne winning BA multiple of times, his character always seems to.be the same- the loud one who is the leader or the hero. I believe he can act these characters anazingly but Ruco seems to be the versatile one. However, consideing the reception of COD, I really doubt he'll get it!

I agree totally

#8 mspisces1995

mspisces1995

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:54 AM

Hi is anyone a member of Asianuniverse.net? I wld like to register but need an invitation to join. Appreciate if someone can help. Thx!