AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Fifty Shades of Grey: Odeon selling one ticket every seven seconds

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 sChiZoO14

sChiZoO14

►DMJ♥CSY◄

• News Crew
  • 39105 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:32 PM

Odeon has claimed that it is selling one Fifty Shades of Grey ticket every seven seconds.

The film - which is released on Friday (February 13) - is set to become the most pre-booked movie in the cinema chain's history.

The highly-anticipated erotic thriller is based on the novel by EL James and stars Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson.

Odeon's Commercial Director Andy Edge said: "We're ready for this Valentine's weekend to be the biggest on record, and we're taking huge steps to ensure our guests have a great experience watching Fifty Shades of Grey, or any of the other great films we'll be showing that weekend.

"Guests should book early to avoid disappointment!"

The chain is also preparing 75,000kg of popcorn, 125,000 litres of ice cream, 450,000 litres of soft drinks and 29,000 hot dogs to meet demand over the film's opening weekend.

It was recently announced that Fifty Shades of Grey will be shown on IMAX screens across the US when it is released later this week.

B&Q is also expecting an increase in sales of products such as rope, cable ties and tape following the release of Fifty Shades of Grey.

DS

#2 Ait Wang

Ait Wang

xoxo Mr Wang

• Forum Crew
  • 2189 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:08 PM

Sis. wants to watch it with me but I haven't read the book, so I declined. She said that she's going to watch it alone. I feel sorry for her. You see, I have no idea about the story, so I don't think i will appreciate the movie when we watch it together.  

#3 daydreamgirls

daydreamgirls

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Forum Masters
  • 234 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:34 AM

I read the news somewhere that this movie got banned from somewhere but I forget the country to have this movie got banned.

#4 Ait Wang

Ait Wang

xoxo Mr Wang

• Forum Crew
  • 2189 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:30 PM

In our country, heard that some scenes were cut, so fanatics got to watch the directors cut for full viewing. 

#5 Aspire

Aspire

Sweet and Spicy

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7568 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:39 PM

Yeah, it got banned in Malaysia. Too bad... I remember how my colleague sent me the e-book of it through office email but I was too embarrassed to read it in office and I deleted it. I wasn't so interested, but now that it's a world-wide sensation it got me curious  :shifty: