AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Blink-182 stars slam "disingenuous" Tom DeLonge: 'He's been exposed'

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 sChiZoO14

sChiZoO14

►DMJ♥CSY◄

• News Crew
  • 39105 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:23 PM

Blink-182 band members Travis Barker and Mark Hoppus have spoken about their frustration with Tom DeLonge.

The pair announced that the guitarist had left the group for a second time yesterday (January 26), before DeLonge himself denied that he had quit the band.

Barker and Hoppus claimed that DeLonge's manager emailed them to explain how the 39-year-old "didn't want to participate in any Blink-182 projects indefinitely".

However, DeLonge later wrote on Instagram: "To all the fans, I never quit the band. I actually was on a phone call about a blink 182 event for New York City at the time all these weird press releases started coming in...

"Apparently those releases were 'sanctioned' from the band. Are we dysfunctional- yes. But, Christ..... #Awkward #BabyBackRibs."

Discussing the situation with Rolling Stone, Hoppus said: "To be honest, I wasn't that surprised because his attitude leading up to that had been not excited and not interested.

"It's been years of pushing back and I have to tell you, it feels humiliating to be in a band where you have to be apologising for one person all the time. That's how it's felt for a long time.

"When Tom finally said, 'I'm not going to go into the studio or play this show', it was kind of a gigantic relief because at least he finally said it."

The bassist continued: "But to then say, 'I didn't quit the band' - it's just not true. It's disingenuous. I just wish Tom does whatever makes him happy and stops holding Blink-182 back from what we all agree that we're going to do - play shows, record music, continue this legacy and have a good time doing it."

Barker added: "It's just funny to me. I think he's just in shock that he's finally been exposed. The truth is out. I just don't think he knows how to deal with it."

Matt Skiba of Alkaline Trio will apparently step in for DeLonge for Blink-182's appearance at the Music and Tattoo festival in March in Orange County, CA.

DeLonge promoted a new music video from his side project Angels & Airwaves over the weekend.

The guitarist spoke about Blink-182's future in an interview with Digital Spy late last year, saying that the group would imminently "start writing music".

DeLonge facilitated Blink-182's first break-up by quitting the group in 2005, 13 years after he founded the band with Hoppus in San Diego.

Digital Spy

#2 alandavidson

alandavidson

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 03:27 AM

please make reunion blink.. miss u all badly  :xmascry