AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

James Gunn on Guardians of the Galaxy 2: 'Ronan won't feature'

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 sChiZoO14

sChiZoO14

►DMJ♥CSY◄

• News Crew
  • 39105 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:23 AM

Guardians of the Galaxy filmmaker James Gunn has spoken about the forthcoming sci-fi sequel.

The film's writer-director spoke to fans during a Facebook Q&A about the future of some of the film's characters.

When asked whether villain Ronan the Accuser (Lee Pace) would return to the franchise, he replied: "Who knows. But not in 2, no."

Discussing Groot, Gunn confirmed that he would be back for Guardians of the Galaxy 2, but hinted that he could take a different form, saying: "Well, who says baby Groot is Groot and not Groot's son?"

Speaking about Lylla, an otter who is the love interest of Rocket Raccoon in the comics, he said: "You'll have to wait and see on Lylla. But I will say I think a raccoon being sexually attracted to an otter is similar to a human being sexually attracted to a possum.

He added: "I think it's very important that Rocket is the only thing like him, which is the source of his sadness and loneliness… An otter girlfriend could get really cartoony really."

Gunn previously revealed that Nova will not feature in the forthcoming sequel.

Director Matthew Vaughn recently said that Guardians of the Galaxy deserved to receive more nominations in the awards season than it earned.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is scheduled for release in 2017.

Digital Spy