9 replies to this topic

#1 Laura0807

Laura0807

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:15 AM

Acne prone skin is difficult to manage.  I have this kind of skin which makes me feel so terrible. I have tried different kinds of strategies and products to clear my skin and prevent the acne from coming back. They said that it is in my genes and it is hereditary. To totally get rid of this acne is to kill the bacteria and unclog the pores that cause the acne and pimples. Basic steps to keep the skin healthy is cleansing, toning and moisturizing.  But in addition to these basic steps I need to use antibacterial solution and cream to dry the acne.  My skin becomes clearer and the acne is controlled from coming back. 

#2 annawilliam

annawilliam

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:56 AM

A nice thing you shared here with us. Thanks for sharing it.

#3 Coralie

Coralie

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2402 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 05:23 AM

Get thee some beta hydroxy acids & vitamin C serum. Too lazy to type out referrals to these blogs that discusses their merits but if you wanna PM me, I can look it up and send them to you. Sorry I'm just too tired right now

#4 gee!

gee!

What's crackalackin'

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1274 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 02:11 PM

Hard to really add on much relevant since op doesn't have any questions/troubles up for discussion. But if skin troubles like acne are increasingly difficult to subdue, there's no reason why you shouldn't visit a dermatologist for some professional advice.

Generally speaking though, I'd agree with all of op's points. Very logical steps that should probably provide the base to one's skincare routine and yet, are commonly overlooked.

In addition to actually cleansing, toning and moisturising, its even more crucial to find what works for your skin, depending on its type (oily, dry) and conditions (acne prone, dehydrated). And thats a problem that many people struggle with. E.g. Using a harsh foam cleanser to clean your (dry/dehydrated) face is undoubtedly going to dry your face up (and then force your face to produce even more oil to compensate) and make it more irritated in the long run! Also, knowing the difference between dehydrated and dry skin may also make or break your skincare regime.

Nonetheless, the 'asianbeauty' reddit community also has a vast amount of info on guides to good skincare practice and the benefits of different core ingredients (like vitamin c). So I think that's a nice place to start :) 

Edited by Asiul_, 03 January 2016 - 02:16 PM.

#5 rozen

rozen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 10:12 AM

Acne is a common skin condition that occurs when ance pores become clogged and bacteria settles in, causing the pore to become infected. Several factors can contribute to developing acne such as oily skin, hormones, diet, skin care products and even your skin care routine.Ance scar removal creams are helping you to get rid of scars.It's very much effective for scar or pimple remove.Protect your skin from ance prone by using a best scar cream.

#6 snowalmondtofu

snowalmondtofu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:21 AM

I notice that food selections has a direct impact on my skin condition.  If I eat anything with dairy in it or things like corn, I will get those large acne nodules along my jaw line or weird areas like inside the ear or nostrils or on the nose. 

#7 RicardoBryant

RicardoBryant

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:54 AM

Thank you guys for sharing it.

#8 nyjamie

nyjamie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:25 AM

The crucial main reasons of acne are stress, sweetness. You probably would be surprised to hear the amount of sugar we eat per day. Sweetness products are real enemy of skin acne. Also, if you get stressed, you will have the trouble easily.

#9 alozcarney

alozcarney

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:02 AM

My skin tends to get acne prone too often and I am happy to use Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Foundation. It's more than a sheer coverage, but looks to provide a better coverage than Bare Minerals IMO.
I'm through experimenting with my self-tannersSun Laboratories Ultra Dark Lotion the best one out there- better than any of the gradual lotion tanners, foams, sprays, lotions, or even salon tanners.

#10 snowalmondtofu

snowalmondtofu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:31 AM

You can try a prescription medication called Differin.  I use the 3% gel (generic version) on a regular basis and it helps to shrink the acne.  I also believe choosing the right/wrong facial cleanser have a direct impact on your skin condition as well.  I bought  the mung bean face shop facial cleansing foam and tried it out today with a pea size amount and now i have one or to new pimples near the nose and forehead.  But I don't want to waste it so I will probably continue using it since my face didn't get any new pimples from it yet and it's only been a day using it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users