AF needs funding again

Photo

Joey Yung Scolds Chapman To: "The Only Person I Dislike"; Chapman Apologizes Hoping to Patch Friendship

hong kong joey yung chapman to

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52066 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:21 PM

Joey Yung Scolds Chapman To: "The Only Person I Dislike"; Chapman Apologizes Hoping to Patch Friendship
Sunday March 30, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: Oriental Daily, Mingpao
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

A few nights ago, Joey Yung participated in music producer "Ronald Ng's Imagination Concert 56X LIVE 2014" held at HK Coliseum, where she performed 3 gold songs all in one go. When it was Chapman To's chance to perform on stage, before he began singing Joey's Avoiding You (逃避你), he made his 'Film King speech': "Two years ago I asked her (Joey) boss Albert Yeung to invest in the film DIVA. I said the film will make Joey the next Film Queen, but in the end she didn't get the award. Instead, I got the Film King title. She just said to me backstage that I made a fool out of her, so I dedicate this song to Joey. I hope she'll never encounter another bad person like me again."

Joey doesn't throw a fit often, but yesterday afternoon she suddenly posted an angry message directing at Chapman To on several of her social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Weibo), she wrote: "Democratic Hero Chapman To, I personally have always done my part. Whenever I get an opportunity, I strive to grasp it. My participate in the film DIVA was never because I wanted to get the Film Queen award. You're an adult, when will you learn to stop causing trouble and not step down on others to lift yourself up?"

Joey then continued thanking Chapman for inviting her to participate in the film: "You helped me, I am grateful, but it is not the first time your self-reliant eloquence has hurt others for fun. I really can't stand this. No matter how much you know how to package your image, you are the only person in the entertainment circle that I dislike. This is how the leopard can't change its spots (People can't change their nature). Even Buddha is on fire too."

Chapman To knew he was wrong. He apologized to Joey on Facebook twice. "I personally want to make a sincere apology to Ms. Joey Yung." He stressed in his life, this is the first time he felt regret for what he said. It was all because he cherished his friendship with Joey. "I'm not asking for your forgiveness, I just hope you're well! I'm sorry!" Two hours later, Chapman made another apology: "After this incident, I will really reflect on myself." Last night at 7pm, Joey attended the second night of Ronald Ng's concert, she didn't stop for interviews and just waved at reporters as she walked. Last night, Chapman was absent from his performance.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

The other guest performers at Ronald Ng's concert included Nicholas Tse, Kelly Chen, Miriam Yeung, Twins, Janice Vidal, Andy Hui, Edmond Leung, Kary Ng, Chilam Cheung, Jade Kwan and Jordan Chan. Nicholas was dressed nicely to make his comeback on the HK Coliseum stage after 14 years; Kelly was the only singer that had the chance to be on stage twice; Twins performed many classic songs that Ronald produced, his concert was just like a Twins' concert.

#2 athlon

athlon

Selfish elite

• uber-newbie
  • 7659 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:21 PM

Chapman To angers Joey Yung after cracking a joke at the Cantopop queen's expense

Posted Image
Hong Kong actor Chapman To angered Cantopop queen Joey Yung after cracking a mean joke about her at singer Ronald Ng's concert, said Hong Kong media.
During the concert, which was held last Saturday, Chapman revealed that he had invited Emperor Group CEO Yang Shou Cheng to invest in movie Diva two years ago, in a bid to help Joey clinch the Best Actress award. However, Joey did not manage to garner any awards, while Chapman was the one who was awarded with the “Judges' Prize” for Best Actor.
The 41-year-old joked, “She (Joey) only just realised that I took advantage of her, so I'm dedicating this song to her. I hope that she'll never meet someone as unlucky as me.”
Offended, Joey reprimanded him on the Internet, “When is a grown adult like you going to learn how not to cause trouble or step on other people to make yourself look better.” She added that he derived pleasure from hurting people, and is the only person whom she hates in the industry.
Chapman beat a hasty retreat, apologising and claiming that he had cracked an inappropriate joke to raise the atmosphere of the concert. He said, “I apologise to Miss Joey Yung with utmost sincerity… I treasure this friendship very much… I'm sorry!”
Last night, Chapman apologised once again, expressing that making people laugh is the most important thing to a comedian, but that has caused hurt to other people, making him think that he should be more careful in the future.
Chapman reflected on his actions saying: “After what happened this time, I should review my behaviour carefully, or else not only have I let down my friend, I will also have let down my position. I will be more careful in the future.”
Related Articles:
Chapman To indulged in adult movie actresses
Chapman To under fire by Chinese netizens
Kristal Tin supports husband Chapman To's R-rated films

Posted Image
Chapman To

Source

#3 thylakoid

thylakoid

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:55 AM

wow, that's the first time she's ever yelled at anyone publicly... I wonder what he did to trigger her anger. She's known for having a high EQ and not getting mad at little things so it could not have been because of that one joke.

In another report, Joey said that it's not the first time Chapman behaved like this but didn't specify what it was. She must've been so mad to post something like this.

#4 ♥ Charlenebaby

♥ Charlenebaby

<3 Charlene Choi!

• Forum Masters
  • 6699 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:19 AM

It's not the first time Chapman crossed the line. Recently, Charlene reveal that her and Chapman hated each other for several years and it was because of him running his mouth. It was only 1-2 years ago that Chapman personally apologizes to her did their relationship improved. It got quite bad for a period of time where Charlene rejected movies if Chapman was part of the cast and Chapman not allowing his good friend, Pang Ho Cheung to cast Charlene as the female lead in any of his movie. There is likely more to what Chapman said onstage that trigger Joey to be so mad because it does seems like they're good friend prior to the incident.

#5 Seoshi.love.

Seoshi.love.

freaky freaky boom track

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3266 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:05 AM

Didn't he apologize already and didn't she kind of accept his apologies?

Edited by Seoshi.love., 01 April 2014 - 11:06 AM.

#6 UniversalSR

UniversalSR

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6861 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:46 PM

Chapman must have crossed the line with his words probably.....but i hope they still be able to stay as friends still

#7 Moonshade

Moonshade

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:26 PM

You can hear that the joke was nothing malicious though (it's not funny either but that's not the point), I'd say that Joey overreacted but then again... she probably took it personal because what he said was true.

#8 ♥ Charlenebaby

♥ Charlenebaby

<3 Charlene Choi!

• Forum Masters
  • 6699 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:41 AM

Didn't he apologize already and didn't she kind of accept his apologies?

Yes, in Charlene's case, she did forgive him after he apologized to her and I believe it also had something to do with both of them having the same interest in Buddhism that helped improved their friendship.