AF needs funding again

Photo

Nelly Furtado's love for music is indestructible

singapore nelly furtado

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 JenTOP.ForeveR

JenTOP.ForeveR

빅뱅 ♥ 탑뇽

• Forum Masters
  • 11652 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:30 AM

Posted Image

SINGAPORE: She has released international hits such as "I'm Like a Bird" and "Maneater", but Canadian singer-songwriter Nelly Furtado is looking to go even further by collaborating with K-pop artistes.

However, there is just one catch.

"All the K-pop artistes are making their careers over here in Asia, so the average K-pop artiste is not that easy to phone up," said Furtado, who described herself as being "obsessed with J-pop and K-pop" recently.

She even demonstrated a few dance moves from Korean singer Psy's "Gangnam Style" music video, when she was in Singapore to promote her upcoming fifth album "The Spirit Indestructible" earlier this week.

Furtado revealed that she had originally wanted to work with Korean boy band Big Bang's T.O.P on her new song "Big Hoops", but the plan fell through.

Still, she isn't giving up.

"It's in the works! We'll see what happens but I [do] foresee a collaboration of some kind with a J-pop or K-pop artiste coming soon," said Furtado.

Apart from T.O.P, Furtado also wants to collaborate with American singer-songwriter Katy Perry and producer-song writer GoonRock, who has worked with the likes of LMFAO and Jennifer Lopez, as well as many others.

Alas, it's easier said than done.

"I have a lot of ideas, but I just need time And a studio in my tour bus!" quipped Furtado, who will have her hands full with promotional tours for her new album in the coming months.

Fortunately for the 33-year-old star, she won't be going on tour alone she plans to take her eight-year-old daughter Nevis Chetan Furtado with her.

"I'm looking forward to actually touring with my daughter again for a little while. I think it's going to be fun!

"I think being a singer as well as a parent presents a unique opportunity to show my child the world and also to educate her,"
said Furtado.

While it may be a decade before Nevis gets to perform on stage with her mother (Furtado said that they might start performing together only when her daughter turns 18), the talented eight-year-old had already been helping out behind the scenes since Furtado's Spanish album "Mi Plan".

"During [the making of] my Spanish album she (Nevis) was like, 'Mum, there are too many slow songs!' so I put more fast songs in," said Furtado.

Did her daughter help with "The Spirit Indestructible"?

"She (Nevis) likes this new album!" said Furtado, as a satisfied smile spread across her face.

"The Spirit Indestructible" will drop this September.

-CNA