AF needs funding again

Photo

Johnathan Cheung Wing Hong as Fan Gun

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

#1 Seoshi.love.

Seoshi.love.

freaky freaky boom track

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3266 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:05 PM

Johnathan takes on the role of Fan Gun, Sze Ma Sun's simple-minded buddy in ancient times. What do you think of this character?

Posted Image

He's the total opposite of Sze Ma Sun but I definitely like him a lot so far. Innocent like a child, a bit simple-minded and a true friend :)

#2 RM1314

RM1314

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

He always makes me smile in here :) and the way he reacts to KM's slangs/HK terms is just so funny!

#3 ~ ♥ Malec ~

~ ♥ Malec ~

..::♥ Cutie ♥::..

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12391 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:27 AM

I like him! His acting is also good in my opinion. He is the funny point to me because of his natural cutesy. Hope to see more of him.

#4 reiyi

reiyi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5508 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:37 AM

I love Fan Kan too. He's so cute with his simple-mindedness. Agree that it's a great contrast to Vincent. Vincent is lucky to meet him in his first day of falling to the past. Fan Kan treat him so nice. Give him shelter and food and treat him like a big brother.

Cheung Wing Hong did well in his role too. I've already noticed him since MOL and CBML. I'm glad that he gets this role and more people are noticing him now. He's a versatile actor. He played a smart guy in MOL.

#5 Lunablue

Lunablue

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3857 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:57 AM

I was just wondering whether there is a thread for Fan Gun, and here it is. I like him here. He's so cute and innocent here and yes, agree, his acting is good. I have been noticing him in a few series now, very minor roles he did, but he fared well....like in Witness Insecurity, he is also cute there...and this is definitely his this time. I hope to see more of him in the upcoming episodes.

I'm actually happy that more and more 2nd,3rd and even 4th line artistes are getting viewers attention. It's usually the supporting cast that stands out in a series these days.

#6 SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988

~ TVB ADDICT ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4326 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:16 PM

Who is he anyways? lol.
But yeah, i like his character! haha. kinder cute. lol

#7 ~Akane~

~Akane~

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6053 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:48 PM

I think out of all the ancient people, he's the most convincing for me!!! When he acts next to Kenneth, it gives me that "Step into the Past" feeling - the super contrast between ancient and modern people. Whereas some other actors in the series, don't give off that vibe.

Well done!

#8 selliesellie

selliesellie

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1528 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:38 PM

He's quite cute

#9 swtxjing

swtxjing

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1203 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:51 PM

Who is he anyways? lol.
But yeah, i like his character! haha. kinder cute. lol

yes actually who is he? what other roles did he play?

#10 ~ ♥ Malec ~

~ ♥ Malec ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12391 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

In CBML as the husband of 5th princess, the one I can rmb him.

#11 bebeC

bebeC

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:34 PM

he is super cute, and i never noticed him until now. hope he remains as kenneth's companion throughout the series.

if anyone is watching witness insecurity, he's also in there as "bao tye" (burst tyre)

#12 Guest_Mr. Skull_*

Guest_Mr. Skull_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

i think he is quite adorable when he portray this char.
anyone knows what's his age? He seems really young.
his performance is well done.

#13 sport

sport

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6924 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:56 AM

OMG he's like my favorite character in this drama! So cute! He's so likable in here! I wish he'd have more screentime and his own storyline! I think his role in here has made me a fan!

Sad to say this but I think his character the "underdog" and honest person suddenly joining the war because of his friend is more interesting and has more chance of unpredictable development than Kenneth and Raymond's characters!

OMG he was actually discovered by Andy Lau and used to be under his company then through Andy's recommendation entered TVB! No wonder this guy used to be in movies! Yet he's playing such a small role in here! Andy really has an eye for talent!
http://hkmdb.com/db/...display_set=eng

Johnathan is also in the Witness series I might actually watch it just for him!

Edited by sport, 13 July 2012 - 01:19 AM.

#14 ~ ♥ Malec ~

~ ♥ Malec ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12391 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:16 AM

I wonder how he'll act in the role Sima Shun? Maybe he'll provide a good performent :D

#15 selliesellie

selliesellie

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1528 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:25 AM

I wonder how he'll act in the role Sima Shun? Maybe he'll provide a good performent Posted Image

Ma ming is great enough in sima shun role and fan gen is good enough as Fan gen. I wouldn't switch them :)

#16 sport

sport

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6924 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:38 AM

Yea I wouldn't switch his role with Kenneth but I really wish Johnathan had a bigger roles in here his role and storyline looks more unpredictable than the leads. Don't I feel like the story of an underdog's journey of becoming something big is usually more interesting. lol kinda wish there was a spin off for the character.

#17 reiyi

reiyi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5508 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:05 AM

Wah, the Fan Kan character is getting so much love Posted Image and attention now. Posted Image

Happy for Cheung Wing Hong.

i think he is quite adorable when he portray this char.
anyone knows what's his age? He seems really young.
his performance is well done.

Born in Dec1982. So, now 29 years old. A Few more months, will be 30.

yes actually who is he? what other roles did he play?

- 5th Princess' husband in CMBL (as Angie May said)
- Jason Chan's smart brother in MOL
- Witness Insecurity

And lots of minor roles in many series.

#18 sport

sport

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6924 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:41 AM

haha interesting how I see several Ruco fans here also liking Johnathan Cheung (Fan Gun)
lol Guess great minds really think alike! Posted Image Posted Image
Anyone know whether he has a sina weibo? I tried searching but was surprised to not find anything! I'm so disappointed was about to "stalk" him on weibo Posted Image

Edited by sport, 13 July 2012 - 07:42 AM.

#19 ~ ♥ Malec ~

~ ♥ Malec ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12391 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:04 AM

I dont say of switching role, I say of how he'll act out Sima Shun :). Maybe ppl wont say that the actor is too old for the role because Johnathan looks young.

But so far I like Kan :D. Much more than Sima Shun so wont complain that he needs bigger role or else.

Hope Johnathan will have meaty roles soon.

#20 RM1314

RM1314

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:18 AM

His weibo: www.weibo.com/u/1738572501

#21 tvbauntie

tvbauntie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1455 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:48 AM

Yes....agree that Fan Gun is really cute !

#22 SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988

~ TVB ADDICT ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4326 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:37 PM

ohhhh... it's HIM! hahahaha. Never recognised him in witness! hahahahah!
Posted Image

#23 sport

sport

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6924 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:06 PM

@RM1314 Thank You for the link! I just added him and made several comments don't know why I couldn't find it earlier. Posted Image

Is it just me or does his side profile kinda looks like Jim Tang 鄧永健 from Off Pedder.
He doesn't seem to have a thread over at the Witness Insecurity section. Posted Image Anyone watching this drama how is his role like in there?
Posted Image

Edited by sport, 13 July 2012 - 04:15 PM.

#24 Lunablue

Lunablue

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3857 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:00 AM

@Sport: Unfortunately, thus far, Jonathan did not have many scenes in WI, he is Bosco's staff now in the Criminal Investigation department.

Love the scene where Fan Gun argued with Si Ma Sun that he wants to go to war. He did very well there. He is my fav character in this series.

#25 SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988

~ TVB ADDICT ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4326 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:32 AM

you are kai! hahaha. love it!

#26 sport

sport

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6924 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:14 AM

you are kai! hahaha. love it!

lol I know Kenneth explained it in the drama but what does Kai mean? haha just love this character so funny his dialogue somehow turns into something so entertaining even if it's short lines! Definitely my favorite character! Wow it's been a while since I've liked a supporting actor with so much passion! Last time was in 2004 with Ruco in ATV's Project Ji Xiang!

Goes to show that a talented actor with a well written supporting character is always better than the typical lead roles! Johnathan (Fan Gun) and the 3 generals are the only reason why I even look forward to each episode.

Edited by sport, 14 July 2012 - 02:17 AM.

#27 selliesellie

selliesellie

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1528 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:36 AM

Love his chemistry with ma ming!

#28 s a r a h

s a r a h

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3562 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:46 AM

His character is so funny! Haha, definitely enjoying his scenes..

Although i'm also watching Witness insecurity but i didn't notice him until this series where he finally has some meatier role..

#29 Guest_Mr. Skull_*

Guest_Mr. Skull_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:50 AM

Hope that he will be promoted to higher status :) He actually has the looks anyway.
his acting is really solid so far.

#30 ~Akane~

~Akane~

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6053 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

Definitely agree he can quickly climb up the ranks if he continues to improve at this rate! Hope he gets third or even second lead roles soon!

#31 ~ ♥ Malec ~

~ ♥ Malec ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12391 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:08 AM

lol I know Kenneth explained it in the drama but what does Kai mean? haha just love this character so funny his dialogue somehow turns into something so entertaining even if it's short lines! Definitely my favorite character! Wow it's been a while since I've liked a supporting actor with so much passion! Last time was in 2004 with Ruco in ATV's Project Ji Xiang!

Goes to show that a talented actor with a well written supporting character is always better than the typical lead roles! Johnathan (Fan Gun) and the 3 generals are the only reason why I even look forward to each episode.

I also like some supportings in this one over the lead, for example Johnathan caught my eyes whenever he is with MM. Not only him but for the female side it is the same. But I watch this one for Leung Ying couple, too. Aside from Kan, Liu, Kwan, Cheung, Chiu :D.

In AF, the most commented topics are Kaki and Johnathan's! Show that ppl are watching the supportings more. Good for them. Hope Johnathan will be spotted.

#32 Seoshi.love.

Seoshi.love.

freaky freaky boom track

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3266 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:35 AM

lol I know Kenneth explained it in the drama but what does Kai mean?

白痴, retarded. I loved it when SMS and FG were arguing and calling each other kai :P

In AF, the most commented topics are Kaki and Johnathan's! Show that ppl are watching the supportings more. Good for them. Hope Johnathan will be spotted.

Well, they certainly deserve the spotlight. Kenneth is pretty annoying, Raymond isn't really interesting either, as for Tavia I don't know yet...

#33 SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988

~ TVB ADDICT ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4326 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:29 AM

His character is so funny! Haha, definitely enjoying his scenes..

Although i'm also watching Witness insecurity but i didn't notice him until this series where he finally has some meatier role..

I agree with you and same for me.. well I think everyone has noticed him now because of his character as fan gun. haha.
So I'm guessing there's a chance we will see Jonathan raising!

#34 sport

sport

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6924 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:53 AM

I agree with you and same for me.. well I think everyone has noticed him now because of his character as fan gun. haha.
So I'm guessing there's a chance we will see Jonathan raising!

I really hope so! But it really all depends of Virginia Lok and the tvb executives. Many supporting actor and actresses can act and have the looks but still haven't be promoted. Just hope he'll get bigger roles from now on maybe even 2nd and 3rd lead if possible

Edited by sport, 15 July 2012 - 11:53 AM.

#35 selliesellie

selliesellie

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1528 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:09 PM

Virginia Lok is leaving TVB in October. Maybe Fan Gan can get promoted after this breakthrough :)

#36 sionteh

sionteh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:19 PM

it actually somewhat good for the audience that alot of the old faces have left cos we get to see all these solid supporting actors be promoted up, sooo sick of the same leads every other series

#37 Lunablue

Lunablue

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3857 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:00 AM

^Hahaha, the rumour about Virginia Lok's leaving is nothing but a rumour. So, let's hope they will hear the audience voice and start to promote these people who have acting talents. Apparently, I have heard nothing much about Jonathan getting praises by Hk viewers, apart from us AF-ers. Anyone has heard anything about Jonathan on other HK forums? I really hope he gets spotted by tvb.
Audience of this generation do not go for looks anymore, for looks can sometimes be deceiving, maybe? :) but more of acting talents, whether he/she is able to shine with the character, however minor their roles are.

Anyway, for as far as I know, on AF, Jonathan is a rising star. I look forward to his scenes too. Not sure if it's just me, the word 'Kai' when comes out from him, sounds so much cuter. I kept repeating the scene in Ep5, 'I'm not Kai'...classic!! :D

#38 reiyi

reiyi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5508 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:09 AM

^ I don't know about HK forums. I only visited Golden Forum and there isn't much talk about him. But, he has gain some fans in Baidu Forum (Mainland China forum).

#39 ~ ♥ Malec ~

~ ♥ Malec ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12391 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:14 AM

In HKdiscuss, too bad not many ppl commented about gim. I havent checked Uwants. I hope more ppl will recognize him.

#40 Lunablue

Lunablue

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3857 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:49 AM

^People are not talking much about him because people in HK are too busy fighting and defending their own idols, getting themselves into war of words all over the places (in forums), about the two main leads , Raymond and Kenneth, which I think it's really unneccessary.