Lunablue

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3857 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:00 PM

WELCOME TO RUCO'S CORNER

Posted Image

Chan Chin Pang or more well known as Ruco Chan was born in Hong Kong of Fujian Chinese Ancestry. His father was a firefighter and his mother worked as garment factory worker. Influenced by his father, Chan developed a love for table tennis and joined the Hong Kong Table Tennis team after receiving rigorous training at the Jubilee Sports Academy when he was thirteen. He was the youngest player to represent Hong Kong in overseas competitions at the time. After five years of committing to the sport, Chan left the team upon finishing up his high school education exams. After graduation, Chan applied to a technical institution and TVB's Artiste Training Class, of which both accepted his application. Chan decided to pursue a career in showbiz, therefore he chose the latter. Chan graduated from TVB's Seventh Artiste Training Class of 1994.

GROWING PATH

Posted Image

Chan gained fame for playing the role of Keith Lau in the TVB television legal drama The Other Truth. After graduating TVB's Artiste Training Class in 1994, Chan appeared in small roles in many TVB television dramas. In 1998, Chan left TVB and signed a record contract with PolyGram, and released the single "BLUE" that same year. Before returning to TVB in 2008, Chan joined ATV and portrayed starring roles in many ATV television dramas.

BREAKTHROUGH ROLE

Posted Image

Ruco rises in popularity for his well mannered barrister role (Keith) in The Other Truth. His enunciation was very exact, carrying a nasal tone at the appropriate time, which gave people the impression that he was an “old school” actor, contrary to his true age of 34-years-old. His handsome lawyer image in The Other Truth won a big market. (Source: Mingpao Weekly #2246)

RUCO'S MOTTO

“The sports mantra has always remained within me, which is to try your best each time and put in your heart into it"

Posted Image

Name: 陳展鵬 / Chan Chin Pang
Nickname: 展鵬 (Media, his colleagues and fans address him as 展鵬)
English name: Ruco Chan
Profession: Actor and singer
Birthdate: 1977-Jan-14
Birthplace: Hong Kong
Height: 180cm
Weight: 68kg
Star sign: Capricorn
Instruments: Vocal, guitar

AWARDS
Singapore E-Awards 2012 - Most Popular Hong Kong Actor

My AOD Favourites Awards, My Favourite Drama Character, 2011 - as Lau Sze Kit (The Other Truth)

Chan was nominated for a TVB Anniversary Award for Best Actor and a TVB Anniversary Award for My Favorite Male Character at the 2011 TVB Anniversary Awards. Though he did not make into the top 5 Best Actor nominations, he was a top 5 contender for My Favourite Male Character.

TV DRAMA SERIES

TVB
Spoiler

ATV
Spoiler

TV DRAMA THEME SONGS

Spoiler

Posted Image

ADVERTISEMENTS

Hong Kong Financial TV Advertisement
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HjMdiKLX2JA

SPONSORS
Alain Mikli Stark S

DISCOGRAPHY

Spoiler
SITES

WEIBO http://www.weibo.com/u/1802675582
TVB-Sina (http://artiste.tvb.c...8;u=chinpang141)
Facebook fan page (https://www.facebook...195595120488418)
好鵬友 https://www.facebook...p?id=1372665809
Official International Fanclub http://chinpang.hk

Special thanks to Sport, Susiedang1988, Ollie, Transition,

Edited by soundofmusic, 16 June 2012 - 06:12 PM.

• _ollie_ and suugar like this

#2 _ollie_

_ollie_

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:56 PM

Thanks again for setting this up, looks great! Now let's take a look at that table tennis game Chin Pang had with Louis in motion!

And while at it, here is the themesong for "No Good Either Way" in full. It's too catchy haha.

Enjoy!
  • sport likes this

#3 SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988

~ TVB ADDICT ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4326 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

woohoo! thread 2!!
hahaha, i'm actually liking the theme song! lol. very catchy indeed!!

#4 Transition

Transition

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5131 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:14 PM

Thank you soundofmusic for starting part2! It looks good. :)

I have heard Ruco Chan will have a new series in July. Who do you guys think will be the female lead? Do you have any actress that you would like to see Ruco work with?

#5 Lunablue

Lunablue

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3857 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:17 AM

^there have been a lot of speculations going on weibo about who the female lead is and the genre of the drama. I would like to see him pair up with Fala, Linda or Nancy. But I think it's almost zero chances. Fala and Nancy will be filming Triumph In the Skies2, (heard filming starting in Sept). Linda is currently filming the new series with Jason Chan, so very unlikely it would be her. That leaves Tavia, not sure about Tavia though, (probly not, as she is filming the new series) but anyway Tavia is not my preferred choice either, and Natalie, as she will be wrapping up detective colombo soon, Natalie is ok now, her acting has improved a lot, I don't mind Natalie actually. I'm just not hoping for Sire, JJ Lin or those really young newbies actress. Come to think of it, TVB is seriously lacking female artistes, those really good ones have left. It has been said that the new series is by a new producer. let's see how.

Edited by soundofmusic, 17 June 2012 - 02:19 AM.

#6 sport

sport

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6729 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:42 AM

I want Nancy Wu the most! *cross fingers. OMG that girl's female lead role has been long over due! To think TVB actually would promote Fala, Aimee, Rebecca(even newer) over Nancy who actually can act. Posted Image

I'm also dieing to know what his new drama is! I'm just hoping it'd be something new without glass and not a professional role!
Actually if he was to reprise his role in A Great Way To Care 2 with a bigger role I would've been so excited but no... =/

I hope the next one will be a grand production with good script.

Here's the original blog post of Patrick Kong's praise. Now I can use the Cantodict add-on from firefox to read yay! Maybe someone can translate it later? I will enjoy reading this...

Edited by sport, 17 June 2012 - 04:59 AM.

#7 Transition

Transition

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5131 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:30 AM

I think Natalie would be an okay choice too. I don't think her acting is up to par (when you consider how long she has been in the industry) but she has indeed improved. Ruco and Natalie have also collaborated many times without having a good ending as a pair, so it would be nice if they could pair up as leads this time.

Nancy Wu should just withdraw from Triumph in the skies 2 (there are too many people in there already) and film this new series instead. I think Nancy and Ruco will give people a fresh feeling as a couple.

Among the younger actresses I don't think Sire and Katy Kung are bad actually so if it is either of them I don't think I will mind.

Mandy Wong should be done filming A Chip off the Block 2 by then, perhaps it is her?

#8 sport

sport

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6729 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:57 AM

Yes totally agree I heard the list of the female leads are out for Triumph2 and Nancy's not even part of it! After all these years TVB's gonna still give her a supporting role and over a new actress Rebecca?! Thought about a smack in the face!

I also want Nancy to be the female lead with Ruco for this new series yet I feel it's do to TVB management not wanting to promote her so they're holding her back =/

TVB does seem like they want to promote Natalie so it's also possible she will be the lead. It'll be a fresh pair but I prefer Ruco working with skilled actresses more.

#9 Transition

Transition

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5131 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:05 AM

sport - Among the five current fa dans, there's only Kate left who doesn't have any series confirmed so far in July (though I have heard that she is interested in filming a Mainland drama). I think Kate is quite okay, I actually like her more than Tavia and Fala.
Ruco and Kate have been in 4 series together but never had much interactions so I would like to see how they would work out.

As for Nancy Wu, I guess luck just hasn't been on her side. Or she perhaps lack the X factor that the producers think lead actresses should have.

Rebecca Zhu might have potential since TVB is promoting her so much and with the producers Tommy Leung and Chong Wai Kin and cast members praising her she shouldn't be too bad. But we just have to see it for ourselves once her first series is out.
I think it is good that TVB is promoting new people so we won't see the same actresses all the time.

Edited by Transition, 17 June 2012 - 10:13 AM.

#10 Lunablue

Lunablue

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3857 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

Spoiler

And the new series with Ruco which will commence filming in July seems to be a mystery. No info, announcement whatsoever..I am starting to doubt whether it is rumour after all, but then again, it comes from Kuangai, so should be reliable news.

Heard NGEW, Ruco did not appear in too many scenes from ep2-5. How has it been so far? Read a lot of good reviews of the series though:)

#11 sport

sport

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6729 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:18 AM

Spoiler

And the new series with Ruco which will commence filming in July seems to be a mystery. No info, announcement whatsoever..I am starting to doubt whether it is rumour after all, but then again, it comes from Kuangai, so should be reliable news.

Heard NGEW, Ruco did not appear in too many scenes from ep2-5. How has it been so far? Read a lot of good reviews of the series though:)

Spoiler

So far I think the drama is ok, not that great but it's gotten more interesting and the ratings are in the average 30 points.

Edited by sport, 17 June 2012 - 10:20 AM.

#12 Transition

Transition

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5131 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:30 AM

Yes, I also think NGEW is okay so far. Ruco is doing good but the character is nothing special really. Is it weird if I think one of the highlights in the series is Louis Yuen's room-mate?

#13 _ollie_

_ollie_

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:35 PM

Another actress that comes to mind is Sharon Chan. Anyone know if she has any projects after Justice Attack? Ruco and Sharon are paired up in Three Kingdoms RPG, which has yet to come out. Even though she's not considered new anymore in the industry, but TVB has just begun promoting her for more significant roles. And she also did win an award last year, so could she have a chance of being paired up with Ruco in the new July series as female lead?

I think both Sire and Katy have improved in their acting, but they would seem more like Ruco's little sister than the girlfriend type.

TVB sure is lacking actresses lately. Maybe that's a sign that they should start signing more people outside of the Miss HK or Chinese pageants.

#14 SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988

~ TVB ADDICT ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4326 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:08 AM

Volleyball time!!
Posted Image

Posted Image
  • _ollie_ and sport like this

#15 Transition

Transition

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5131 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:10 PM

Funny pictures

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • sport likes this

#16 sport

sport

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6729 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:56 PM

Posted Image Two handsome guys, they are the only reason why I'm looking forward to this coastline series! Looks like they were having alot of fun wonder why Ruco was on the floor.

Saw this on weibo! This is a very cute photo!
Posted Image

Finally the news clip for the beach volleyball filming!

Edited by sport, 20 June 2012 - 08:53 PM.

#17 SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988

~ TVB ADDICT ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4326 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:18 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Also nice to see his support to matt yeung!

#18 sport

sport

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6729 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:54 PM

Big Boys Club interview with Jason Chan

Big Boys Club 20-6-2012

Edited by sport, 20 June 2012 - 08:54 PM.

• _ollie_ likes this

#19 sport

sport

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6729 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:27 AM

lol Kristal Tin's VIP interview. She talks about Ruco in the interview as well.
http://hyn5-hyn5.blo...me-song-mv.html

2nd episode with the No Good Either Way cast on Big Boys Club

Edited by sport, 23 June 2012 - 05:13 AM.

#20 SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988

~ TVB ADDICT ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4326 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:50 PM

There's been alot of new about chin pang.

Posted Image
Just really saying about his career :D
but wow! he was 17 years old when he was in TVB training class? soo young! haha

Posted Image

Posted Image
haha.

Edited by SUSIE-DANG-1988, 23 June 2012 - 07:32 PM.

#21 sport

sport

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6729 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:39 PM

There's been alot of new about chin pang.
Just really saying about his career Posted Image
but wow! he was 17 years old when he was in TVB training class? soo young! haha
haha.

Susie Dang you didn't know?! He started when he was 17 years old yes very young! And only 17 years later with TOT did he get his fame! You should read those long articles of how he described his struggles.

#22 Snoopy Bird

Snoopy Bird

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:03 PM

For those of you who understands Cantonese, here's the 4 youtube links to the Fan & Kam aired on 23 June. It is also found in official website:
part 1

part 2

part 3

part 4

Can also find the full version of NGEW on Youtube. But I bet it will be removed very soon due to copyrights.

Can try the tudou link instead:
http://www.tudou.com...Pk3YFoGOQY.html
If blocked overseas, use 92flv.com site to view.
  • sport likes this

#23 Lunablue

Lunablue

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3857 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:18 PM

How is it going guys? Still travelling, haven't had time to catch up with NGEW, read in the news that the ratings isn't that good.. but I guess drama of this specialized genre (which applies more to working adults would appreciate more), so don't bother, really. If ATF is aired now, I'm sure Ruco gets more recognition, just that perhaps its in competition with Tiger Clubs maybe.

Wow, those are really cool pictures of Ruco, he looks somehow more youthful in army cut type of hairstyle.

Oh thanks for the Fan and Kam show. Nice to see them on the show. Going to watch it now.

----
Just finished watching the fan n Kam show.... I couldn't stop laughing. Omygod.

Edited by soundofmusic, 25 June 2012 - 05:19 PM.

• sport likes this

#24 sport

sport

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6729 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:45 AM

How is it going guys? Still travelling, haven't had time to catch up with NGEW, read in the news that the ratings isn't that good.. but I guess drama of this specialized genre (which applies more to working adults would appreciate more), so don't bother, really. If ATF is aired now, I'm sure Ruco gets more recognition, just that perhaps its in competition with Tiger Clubs maybe.

Wow, those are really cool pictures of Ruco, he looks somehow more youthful in army cut type of hairstyle.

Oh thanks for the Fan and Kam show. Nice to see them on the show. Going to watch it now.

----
Just finished watching the fan n Kam show.... I couldn't stop laughing. Omygod.

lol this interview was very entertaining so funny especially because Louis was there. haha this is the first time I see Ruco making so much jokes. When he did that stare at the female host, I was like woh..."heart beat".
yea the storyline isn't that great sadly. My favorite parts are actually Natalie Tong x Matt Yeung x Jason Chan's storyline.

Edited by sport, 26 June 2012 - 07:59 AM.

#25 selliesellie

selliesellie

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1528 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:50 AM

Ruco is becoming a hit lately and get so many interviews. Glad for this he deserves this with his mighty talent and struggles for years.

Hope he doesn't get paired with Linda for his new series in July. Linda has appeared too much in TVB that her acting is getting pale and lifeless and audience are tired. I wish Ruco can pair with Myolie, Mandy or Nancy! :D

#26 sport

sport

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6729 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:35 AM

Ruco is becoming a hit lately and get so many interviews. Glad for this he deserves this with his mighty talent and struggles for years.

Hope he doesn't get paired with Linda for his new series in July. Linda has appeared too much in TVB that her acting is getting pale and lifeless and audience are tired. I wish Ruco can pair with Myolie, Mandy or Nancy! Posted Image

Actually the same can be said for many TVB artistes not just Linda because they like stereotyping them into the same roles! The last good challenging role I saw her in was Twilight Investigation with Wong Hei!

I really want Ruco to pair with Nancy! It's about time she gets her female lead role! Plus out of the female artistes I think Nancy and Linda are the prettiest and in terms of versatile acting Nancy is alot better than the many of the new actresses TVB's heavily promoting! I seriously wonder whether it's cause Virgina Lok doesn't like her or what. Got both skills and appearance yet not promoted!

Don't forget that even if Ruco does film with Linda that series won't air until next year.

Edited by sport, 26 June 2012 - 10:51 AM.

#27 SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988

~ TVB ADDICT ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4326 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:57 AM

I haven't had the chance to watch fan and kam.. but i have seen promotion and indeed looks funny! haha!

#28 sport

sport

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6729 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:17 AM

I haven't had the chance to watch fan and kam.. but i have seen promotion and indeed looks funny! haha!

lol I felt sorry for Natalie she kept getting teased and poked fun at by both Louis and Ruco whenever she was talking! Though you could tell Louis and Ruco were just playing around.

Edited by sport, 27 June 2012 - 01:18 AM.

#29 Transition

Transition

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5131 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

Snoopy_Bird - Thanks for sharing the fan and kam interview. These three seem really close and poor Natalie got teased by the guys a lot there. I agree with Louis Yuen Ruco is quite funny off-screen (without even trying)

The last part was especially funny:
Ruco: "If you want to know why we laugh so much you will have to remember to watch this programme!"
Louis and Natalie: >_>
Louis: "This will be aired after the programme is about to end. You silly boy!"
Natalie and Ruco: Haha....
  • sport likes this

#30 Lunablue

Lunablue

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3857 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:37 PM

Yea... The last part where Ruco was trying to promote NGEW was funny indeed. Either he forgot about it or he is cracking up a joke.

Oh was there any news about him filming with Linda? I doubt so, because Linda has just started filming the new series with Jason Chan. Very likely not with Nancy either, Nancy has Triumph In the Skies2 starting in July, Ruco's new series also starting in July. Tavia, Aimee and Yoyo are out too as they both have Great Way To Care2, same goes to Myolie and Fala. Kate will be in Mainland.

I wonder why there are still no info on this, it's already end of June. Looks like the possibilities are Sire Ma (who will be wrapping filming in July, which makes it possible for her to take up this role), Natalie, JJ Jia, Selena Li( likely not also, as they have just done Love Exceeds).

I think TVB seriously has a shortage of female artistes, I mean really good ones with decent acting. Even if they are planning to groom the 2nd, 3rd line female artistes, not all of them are ready in terms of their acting, unlike the male artistes, there r just too many talented 2nd, 3rd line artistes in line.

#31 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49912 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:50 AM

Ruco Chan denies being a 'seun poon'
Wednesday June 27, 2012 Hong Kong
Source: Mingpao
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

Posted Image

Ruco Chan, Kristal Tin, Louis Yuen, Q Bobo, Lee Yee Man and the rest of the cast of TVB series No Good Either Way had Indian cuisine to celebrate the success of the series. However, the leads Ruco, Kristal and Louis weren't the ones who paid for the meal, it was in fact, Q Bobo who treated everyone. It turns out he was very happy that he was able to participate in singing the theme song, have more screen time in the series and Indians often appeared in the series. Due to this, he happily treated everyone to a night of fun.

Ruco is very pleased that the series is getting good response. He was actually afraid people would scold that there were less funny moments, but rather more black humor in the middle of the series, but luckily no one scolded. Asked if his 'first line Siu Sang' seat is stable now? Ruco laughed: "Can I still be a Siu Sang at this age? I really don't know! (Michael Tao can?) Don't I have to be at that age, but I'm not mature enough to be a Siu Sang or first line. This is more about recognition from the public and gaining their acceptance of my acting experience." After Moses Chan, is he another 'suen poon' (best deal), even Lee Yee Man wants to get to know him? Ruco said "crazy", only his family fights over him. Currently, Lee Yee Man and Selena Li are his just colleagues.

#32 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49912 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:52 AM

Ruco Chan & Jason Chan covers up private parts to avoid the girls bumping into them
Friday June 29, 2012 Hong Kong
Source: Oriental Daily, Mingpao
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Ruco Chan, Kristal Tin, Natalie Tong, Jason Chan and the rest of the cast of TVB series No Good Either Way attended the promotional event. The cast were very into playing the game, Twister. Natalie carelessly exposes herself and almost bumped her head into Jason's private, but luckily Jason quickly covered with his hands. Natalie laughed and said luckily she didn't hit anything. Ruco feared Leanne Li would step on his private, so he quickly covered up as well, he later joked: "No because I was afraid there would be some indecent reaction, no, I mean indecent actions! After all, she is 'Ah So' (Wong Cho Lam's girlfriend). It wouldn't be good if she touched me."

Ruco is very pleased with No Good Either Way's results. Friends have praised that he can actually do comedies, be a professional or take on an evil role. Kristal was happy that even Miriam Yeung is watching their series during her postpartum confinement ("sitting the month"), and praised on Weibo that this is the best entertainment during confinement. No Good Either Way is a favorite for both young and old audiences!

Natalie's body shape was looking good, when asked if she got a cup size increase? She laughed: "A little!" She frankly expressed she got fatter on all parts of her body, and gained 10 pounds. Firstly, its necessary for the series she's shooting and secondly she's taking Chinese medications to nurse her health. When asked if she's currently dating? She said: "Nope, not related to anyone."

#33 Transition

Transition

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5131 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

Ruco with Kenneth and Myolie

Posted Image

#34 sport

sport

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6729 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:35 AM

What were all three of them doing? Posted Image

#35 Lunablue

Lunablue

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3857 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:24 AM

Hi guys, I have been managed to catch up with the series up till ep7. I am loving the plot so far and I think Alex Mo's character is interesting. His acting is really good. His comedic skills came as a pleasant surprise. Actually everyone in the drama did a good job. It's nice to know that Miriam finds it entertaining. This is really good drama to kill off my post-holiday blues. I have about 8 more episodes to catch up!!

He attended Ms Lok's birthday party. Looking at the attendees, we kinda know who TVB is promoting. I don't know about you guys. It's good that he gets promoted... I don't know how to explain it...but it feels a bit strange for me to know that he is now on Ms Lok's group..hope he gets recognition by the audience and the company and not to get entangled with the 'politics' of TVB.

Yea, i want to know what's the function in Singapore about. Ma Ming, Myolie and Ruco.
  • sport likes this

#36 sport

sport

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6729 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:34 AM

lol interesting I know some Singapore online friend who's actually attending the function of Ruco, Kenneth, and Myolie right now. I asked them what event it is and they said it's a Cable TV and TVB promo.

Edited by sport, 01 July 2012 - 05:38 AM.

#37 SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988

~ TVB ADDICT ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4326 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:07 AM

Singapore function!

Singing <the other truth> theme song!

Pics!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
  • sport likes this

#38 sport

sport

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6729 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:14 AM

ThankYou! Although ChinPang has sang this song so many times I still like listening to his voice, very nice! Hope he'll get to sing more themesongs that are as good as TOT's theme.

#39 selliesellie

selliesellie

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1528 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:33 AM

Actually the same can be said for many TVB artistes not just Linda because they like stereotyping them into the same roles! The last good challenging role I saw her in was Twilight Investigation with Wong Hei!

I really want Ruco to pair with Nancy! It's about time she gets her female lead role! Plus out of the female artistes I think Nancy and Linda are the prettiest and in terms of versatile acting Nancy is alot better than the many of the new actresses TVB's heavily promoting! I seriously wonder whether it's cause Virgina Lok doesn't like her or what. Got both skills and appearance yet not promoted!

Don't forget that even if Ruco does film with Linda that series won't air until next year.

Linda's acting is not up to par with Ruco, I'd rather Ruco paired with actresses in his standard of acting such as Nancy. Yes, Nancy lacked the support and promotion from TVB when her acting is among the best in her generation.

TVB does not lack of actresses, but they are lacking of good actresses and the existing good actresses don't get promoted :(

If joining Lok's party means Ruco will get promoted, glad for him because he deserved it Posted Image

Edited by selliesellie, 02 July 2012 - 03:35 AM.

• sport likes this

#40 sport

sport

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6729 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:10 AM

I know what you mean TVB doesn't lack actresses they have many supporting actresses deserve of female lead roles yet all they focus on is promoting those who young actresses who can't act and need time to get better! Why not give those chances to other actresses like Angela Tong, Nancy Wu, Halina Tam, Kristal Tin, etc who have worked hard for a long time and does well with emotional and serious roles! So far all the suppose lead roles for Kristal are also crap except for the first series she filmed with TVB Phoenix Rising. The others including like Every Move You Make and No Good Either Way doesn't give her much to work with while the focus is more on Ruco, Louis, Natalie, Jason, and Matt. Seriously even Natalie's role has more character development than Kristal's.

Edited by sport, 02 July 2012 - 08:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users