drama fantasy novel hbo series medieval

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Dark Horse_*

Guest_Dark Horse_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:00 AM

Posted Image

Game of Thrones is an HBO adaptation of American author George R.R. Martin's epic fantasy novel series A Song of Ice and Fire. The cable television series so closely follows the multiple storylines of the book that Martin has stated the show's pilot script was very faithful to his work. The show explores a medieval-like fantasy world of the Seven Kingdoms in Westeros, depicts the violent dynastic struggles among the kingdom's noble families in the only game for control of the Iron Throne. And in this game you either win or you die, there is no middle ground.

Cast & Crew: http://www.hbo.com/g...crew/index.html

Edited by Dark Horse, 11 May 2012 - 10:01 AM.

#2 Guest_LovelyLie_*

Guest_LovelyLie_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:27 PM

I like that stuff, horses, clothes, swords etc... (long haired guys haha!) but way too scary for me. I wish they would make more movies with stuff like that but leave the violence out. I would watch clank of the swords but only if none die...

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfAE3hIaPm4&feature=related*

#3 Guest_Dark Horse_*

Guest_Dark Horse_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:43 PM

I’ve just watched ep. 17, which has been the best in season 2 so far, I think. So many interesting dialogues on some thorny matters like ones between Cercei and her bro Tyrion, between Jon Snow and his captive wildings girl, between Arya and Lord Lannister, between Daenerys and Jorah… I have most appreciated the smartness and bravery of little girl Arya so much since season 1.

The ep. has title “A Man Without Honor,” at first I didn’t know who it was to talk about because I saw it focused on Jon, Theon and Jaime. But then when Jaime killed his ex-squire in the cage, I began to realize he was the one. I’m so curious to know what Lady Cat would do with him, but decide not to find for the answer in the book “A Clash of Kings,” lol! Just fear that I’ll lose interest if I read the next chapters in the book before watching the film.

Till now the series stimulates and urges me more to watch the next eps. Well, I’m rather surprised to read many comments on HBO forum criticizing how film producers made so many changes to characters and ruin the fantastic book of Martin… I think producers have just done their job well and brought viewers with a good adaption series even though their filming budget is just low. That’s why they couldn’t stage fighting battles in the first season. Still, it’s good news that there’ll be an epic battle in ep. 19. Can’t wait to see it soon, lol!

Edited by Dark Horse, 14 May 2012 - 07:38 PM.

#4 Guest_LovelyLie_*

Guest_LovelyLie_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:17 PM

No battless in the first season? That sound promising. Does that mean kids (=me) can watch it too? I havent watch tv at years but just my favourite series of dvd... or on youtube and of our free net channel... But havent seen anything about this. I had to look and suprisely they show this in my country, lol... Usually they show series after years... I also saw this has gotten awards from clothing and stuff.

You think I dont faint if I watch? Would you let your 8 years old daughter to watch it?

Edited by LovelyLie, 14 May 2012 - 06:17 PM.

#5 Guest_Dark Horse_*

Guest_Dark Horse_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

You think I dont faint if I watch? Would you let your 8 years old daughter to watch it?

Sorry, but if you're under 18, I discourage you to watch this series as there are so many violent killings and nudity scenes in the first and second seasons... People were killed in very savage and cruel ways, a lot of bed scenes and female characters don't need anything to cover their breasts or genitals, lol!Children are advised not to watch it, so I just watch alone. Hmm, it's just rare that there is no nudity in that episode.

#6 Guest_LovelyLie_*

Guest_LovelyLie_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:35 PM

Sorry, but if you're under 18, I discourage you to watch this series as there are so many violent killings and nudity scenes in the first and second seasons... People were killed in very savage and cruel ways, a lot of bed scenes and female characters don't need anything to cover their breasts or genitals, lol!Children are advised not to watch it, so I just watch alone. Hmm, it's just rare that there is no nudity in that episode.

I am not under 18... Posted Image I am just over sensitive. I see nightmares easily etc...

#7 Guest_Dark Horse_*

Guest_Dark Horse_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:05 PM

I am not under 18... Posted Image I am just over sensitive. I see nightmares easily etc...

Really? I did guess you were just 16 or a bit more from what you posted on the board... But, maybe age is not the matter. Those who don't like violence or sex movies will find this series uninterested. I can be one of those, though I focus more on the plot and don't mind such mediocre commercial methods by producers to attract more viewers, lol!

#8 Guest_LovelyLie_*

Guest_LovelyLie_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

Really? I did guess you were just 16 or a bit more from what you posted on the board... But, maybe age is not the matter. Those who don't like violence or sex movies will find this series uninterested. I can be one of those, though I focus more on the plot and don't mind such mediocre commercial methods by producers to attract more viewers, lol!

I never grow up... Posted Image There is something wrong with me... My body gets older and older but I am like 12... Posted Image I cannot help it I really try to grow up but that seems to be impossible Posted Image Must be my grandmothers genes, she was sooooooooo childish.... Once my sis goofied around on our big parties (with relatives) she went outside behind a window with a huge big bottle of champaigne... After she kept her show with a bottle my grandmother did a same thing after her!!!!!!! And she was 80 at the time Posted Image ...

Have you seen Elisa di rivombrosa series? There is less violence but I dont know if what they talk about is so intelligence... That is Italian but I guess you can find it with subtitles or speaked in your language/English... There is also great costumes, horses and swords.

http://asianfanatics...2003-2005-2007/

Edited by LovelyLie, 15 May 2012 - 03:46 PM.

#9 SomeAsianDude

SomeAsianDude

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1393 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:05 PM

Man, Im rooting for Stannis. Hope he teaches Joffrey a lesson when he reaches King's Landing, hate that spoiled brat.

Edited by SomeAsianDude, 16 May 2012 - 03:06 PM.

#10 Guest_Dark Horse_*

Guest_Dark Horse_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:49 AM

Have you seen Elisa di rivombrosa series? There is less violence but I dont know if what they talk about is so intelligence...

It still surprised me that I did watch the first season of series Elisa many years ago. A romantic series about love between a poor, low-class girl (something like a Cinderella?) and a nobility… Hmm I don’t like this film gender. But, there’re 2 more seasons after the first? Oh, I thought it ended after the wedding of Elisa with Count Fabrizio Ristori and Elisa gave birth to a baby.

Man, Im rooting for Stannis. Hope he teaches Joffrey a lesson when he reaches King's Landing, hate that spoiled brat.

Is it not that Tyrion also did it well? I like the way how he taught Joffrey a lesson with a ‘good’ slap in ep 16. But the boy king is not the only one to be blamed. Cercei educated him like that, and he just behaves so.

It seems you already read the book two, eh? I have no impression for King Stannis although Lord Stark did expect him to be king rather than Joffrey. The way he depended on Lady Red's dark magic to assassinate his brother Renly and take in the surrenders was not glorious at all. It’s good for him that he knew to stop it after Ser Davos gave him advices.
  • mlint007 likes this

#11 SomeAsianDude

SomeAsianDude

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1393 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:22 AM

Is it not that Tyrion also did it well? I like the way how he taught Joffrey a lesson with a ‘good’ slap in ep 16. But the boy king is not the only one to be blamed. Cercei educated him like that, and he just behaves so.

Those slaps were nothing. Im hoping for Stannis to give Joffrey a painful death for all the misery he has caused. And Cersei is just a misunderstood women. She may be cunning and manipulative but its just a mask for her vulnerability. And besides, the way that Joffrey acts now is not how she wanted her child to be. You can see that she feels doubt and regret of herself about what she has done to Tyrion in the latest episode I believe.

It seems you already read the book two, eh? I have no impression for King Stannis although Lord Stark did expect him to be king rather than Joffrey. The way he depended on Lady Red's dark magic to assassinate his brother Renly and take in the surrenders was not glorious at all. It’s good for him that he knew to stop it after Ser Davos gave him advices.

Who cares if its glorious or not. Stannis is a pragmatic man that uses his brain first. He knows he's outnumbered and dun have the means to defeat Renly's armies conventionally. So why not assassinate Renly and spare both his and Renly's men their lives which Stannis could use since there was no hostility between their soldiers anyway. Plus it gives Stannis even more men than he would have if gone into battle and won.
  • mlint007 likes this

#12 Guest_LovelyLie_*

Guest_LovelyLie_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:17 AM

It still surprised me that I did watch the first season of series Elisa many years ago. A romantic series about love between a poor, low-class girl (something like a Cinderella?) and a nobility… Hmm I don’t like this film gender. But, there’re 2 more seasons after the first? Oh, I thought it ended after the wedding of Elisa with Count Fabrizio Ristori and Elisa gave birth to a baby.

You did watch? Posted Image Yes there is and I saw those 2 more also, second is when Elisa meets hot capitano of a ship http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3CLMa1yfxs .
I like how capitano kisses, huh.... Stared it hours and hours, lol... I love kissing!
Third one tells about Elisas daughter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiRH4BwtR-8&feature=related
Can you believe they cutted sex scenes out before they show this serie in my country? So I dont know what all there really happened, lol... I like Elisas character because she is all fire and sliver Posted Image .Sorry, not mean to turn this to Elisa -thread.

Edited by LovelyLie, 17 May 2012 - 04:18 AM.

#13 Guest_Dark Horse_*

Guest_Dark Horse_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:54 AM

Those slaps were nothing. Im hoping for Stannis to give Joffrey a painful death for all the misery he has caused.

Death is not the most severe punishment for sinners. Just look at Jaime, and know how hard for him to go get for a death. Why did he have to provoke Lady Catelyn in order to get stabbed or beheaded? Tortured life of a captive is more terrible than a death. An arrogant boy like him sometimes needs hard slaps to get enlightened.

And Cersei is just a misunderstood women. She may be cunning and manipulative but its just a mask for her vulnerability. And besides, the way that Joffrey acts now is not how she wanted her child to be. You can see that she feels doubt and regret of herself about what she has done to Tyrion in the latest episode I believe.

I also still remember what Cercei lectured Joffrey how to behave like a king after he got bite by the wolf of Arya. She deserved that price for her betrayal to King Robert, her incestuous relationship with her twin brother and her conduct to follow her family’s scheme to seize the throne of Westeros from the Baratheon family. She wanted to revenge Robert for ignoring and treating her like sh*t, but she was so wrong to use Joffrey as her tool for revenge. If Joffrey becomes an evil king like the mad King Targaryen, Cercei would hold accountable for that. She got her just deserts. Everyone will have to pay a price for what he has done.

Who cares if its glorious or not. Stannis is a pragmatic man that uses his brain first.

Yes, no one really cares if you win or die in a battle, but the way you win or die for still exists years and years after. A pragmatic man used to depend on a woman’s power to kill his blood brother and get advantage in a battle? A king without honor, I think this name fits him then. If a man deserves the throne in King’s Landing, that’s just be a name in the Stark family, and I think Robb is that one.

You did watch? Posted Image Yes there is and I saw those 2 more also, second is when Elisa meets hot capitano of a ship

My TV station just aired the first one as they might think it was enough for an happy ending. Italian series have ‘tradition’ to drag into 40, 60 or over 100 eps for prevalent romantic series, and that’s why I don’t really appreciate them.

Can you believe they cutted sex scenes out before they show this serie in my country? So I dont know what all there really happened, lol

I do believe it because that really happened in my place too when they showed Game of Thrones or Homeland. There’re too many sex scenes that I think unnecessary and not good if children just at 5 unintentionally watch it without parents’ guide.

Sorry, not mean to turn this to Elisa -thread.

Never mind, I know you don’t mean it. You just have good intention to recommend me an Italian series of the same kind. I can get it.

Edited by Dark Horse, 17 May 2012 - 06:10 AM.

#14 Guest_LovelyLie_*

Guest_LovelyLie_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:16 AM

My TV station just aired the first one as they might think it was enough for an happy ending. Italian series have ‘tradition’ to drag into 40, 60 or over 100 eps for prevalent romantic series, and that’s why I don’t really appreciate them.

I would watch 100 episodes of plain kissing Posted Image Are you non romantic? Also called aromantic?

#15 mlint007

mlint007

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The Seeker

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:41 PM

Well I bit the bullet and a hole in my pocket because I watch my shows legally and signed up for HBO but only while Game of Thrones is on then I'll cancel again LOL. Since I can utilize HBO GO on my Roku...I can watch it on my computer and not pay for Rome which is another one I want to watch.

@ Dark Horse this show is definitely not for the strict and up tight...but that's why I love it but I need to get more into all the strategy which is going on...sometimes I get caught up in the pretty and forget who I'm rooting for..

Hopefully we can debate the episodes and motivations here. It looks like some of us see things differently naturally so it'll be nice to see how each of us interprets each characters motivations.

#16 SomeAsianDude

SomeAsianDude

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1393 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:54 AM

Death is not the most severe punishment for sinners. Just look at Jaime, and know how hard for him to go get for a death. Why did he have to provoke Lady Catelyn in order to get stabbed or beheaded? Tortured life of a captive is more terrible than a death. An arrogant boy like him sometimes needs hard slaps to get enlightened.

It doesn't matter as long as we both agree that Joffrey needs to get his due.

I also still remember what Cercei lectured Joffrey how to behave like a king after he got bite by the wolf of Arya. She deserved that price for her betrayal to King Robert, her incestuous relationship with her twin brother and her conduct to follow her family’s scheme to seize the throne of Westeros from the Baratheon family. She wanted to revenge Robert for ignoring and treating her like sh*t, but she was so wrong to use Joffrey as her tool for revenge. If Joffrey becomes an evil king like the mad King Targaryen, Cercei would hold accountable for that. She got her just deserts. Everyone will have to pay a price for what he has done.

Perhaps we will see her change into the series to correct her mistakes.

Yes, no one really cares if you win or die in a battle, but the way you win or die for still exists years and years after. A pragmatic man used to depend on a woman’s power to kill his blood brother and get advantage in a battle? A king without honor, I think this name fits him then.

Thats good because we need people in power without honor to rule as you can see what happens to people with honor in this kind of world.

If a man deserves the throne in King’s Landing, that’s just be a name in the Stark family, and I think Robb is that one.

Nah, that person would be Dany.

#17 Guest_Dark Horse_*

Guest_Dark Horse_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:36 AM

This show is definitely not for the strict and up tight...but that's why I love it but I need to get more into all the strategy which is going on...sometimes I get caught up in the pretty and forget who I'm rooting for.

If you mean that you shift your favors from this character into another, I’d be in the same boat with you, lol! At first, I did like Cercei (maybe just because I like Lena Headey in “300”), but this character increasingly makes me thrown up by her b*tching to sleep with any guy in the Lannister family and the way she turned Joffrey into the devil makes me give up on her eventually.

It’s on the contrary to Lady Catelyn, who didn’t make a good impression on me in the first place by her cold, harsh treatment against Jon Snow, Lord Stark’s bastard. I considered her a pretentious lady who couldn’t blame her husband’s unfaithfulness for having a son with a woman outside and so just vented her spleen on Jon instead. I felt sorry for Jon as he was innocent and made no fault to appear in the Stark family. He just couldn’t get a choice to be born and he tried to live and get along with the Stark children. Jon loves his dad and half-brothers and half-sisters so much that I thought he deserved a better treatment from Lady Stark.

But then I have sympathy for Lady Catelyn as she’s more or less a normal woman who loves her family and will protect her family’s happiness at any cost. The short talk between her and Brienne of Tarth in ep. 15 (if I’m not wrong) actually impressed me as it depicts Lady Catelyn’s wisdom, uprightness and honor. That’s why she could persuade Brienne temporarily to put the plan to assassinate King Stannis aside and come into her son’s army. Her deeds are really admirable.

Hopefully we can debate the episodes and motivations here.

Definitely, it's my pleasure.

It doesn't matter as long as we both agree that Joffrey needs to get his due.

Oh, I never deny that Joffrey is a bad, hateful king. Though, he’s just a boy who has been badly influenced by his mother’s wrong lectures, just like the saying “like teacher, like pupil.” Anyway, he’s also a victim in a family tragedy.

Perhaps we will see her change into the series to correct her mistakes.

Lol, some guys on HBO forum complain the producers have butchered GOT by making changes to some characters including Cercei: turning her into a weak woman. Personally, I don’t mind any change to the plot as long as it’s plausible and attracting.

Thats good because we need people in power without honor to rule as you can see what happens to people with honor in this kind of world.

You don’t mean this is a rhetorical question? Your view of point sounds interesting!

Nah, that person would be Dany.

Except for her fire invulnerability and getting dragon eggs hatched, Dany has nothing to prove a good leader for her kingdom. What she can do is just to depend on guys who worship her beauty and get crazy with her, and nothing… If you choose her for the legitimate heir of the Targaryen throne, her talents don’t convince me to agree with you. Rather, I’ll choose Gendry then, a bastard of King Robert, lol!

I would watch 100 episodes of plain kissing Posted Image Are you non romantic? Also called aromantic?

Nope. But it's unlikely. I just don't favor dragging series.

Edited by Dark Horse, 19 May 2012 - 02:57 AM.

#18 SomeAsianDude

SomeAsianDude

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1393 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:56 AM

Except for her fire invulnerability and getting dragon eggs hatched, Dany has nothing to prove a good leader for her kingdom. What she can do is just to depend on guys who worship her beauty and get crazy with her, and nothing… If you choose her for the legitimate heir of the Targaryen throne, her talents don’t convince me to agree with you. Rather, I’ll choose Gendry then, a bastard of King Robert, lol!

Yea the day that the white walkers invade, y'all going to be begging for Dany and her dragonfire to rescue the kingdoms of Westoros from their impeding doom. Then, we shall see who is really fit for the Iron Throne.

#19 Guest_Dark Horse_*

Guest_Dark Horse_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:18 AM

Yea the day that the white walkers invade, y'all going to be begging for Dany and her dragonfire to rescue the kingdoms of Westoros from their impeding doom. Then, we shall see who is really fit for the Iron Throne.

Um... I'm dying to know how she can find out her dragons also. Depending on Mormont's help again? Or she just screams that, "I AM THE MOTHER OF DRAGONS" and then the dragons will fly back to her arms? LOL! I can't understand why many guys root for this character and adore her so much. She's just a stupid girl who indirectly caused to her husband's death and does good-for-nothing excepting for claiming mother of the dragons... I bet the reason is just because of her nice boobs, lol!

#20 mlint007

mlint007

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The Seeker

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:18 AM

So have you guys read the books? I hear there is another out...Also do you feel the book follow the series? Some say it doesn't to a T but they rather enjoy some of the liberties they have taken with it.

Frankly, I'm not a fantasy reader (ok, I love the Hunger Games/series) but I'm a lover of anything produced by HBO because I'm their B...but I liked how on their website they say who belongs to what house and order...It helped me greatly. I also love the forum or all the forums on TWOP in which we discuss this show.

@someAdude _ you are correct those with honor don't last long because being a good and virtuous King didn't help Lord Ned Stark...especially when someone is in love with your wife...

Accordingly, I view King Joffrey is simply a pawn in the hand of his mother and as the saying goes...he is his mother's son...She is the vile in which he speaks and the tantrums in which she taught. I look at him as a victim also...in the same regard as the former queen Lady Jane Grey who was eventually beheaded after 9 days of being Queen and that is actually a true story. I change my mind Joffrey is sadistic and crazy...all sympathy I had for him is gone, yet the actor portraying him is totally rocking his scenes...makes me want to jump through the screen and slap him myself!

I'm so happy to see Natalie Dormer from The Tudors!

Watching these shows make me wish I could go around calling people "lord" and "your grace" of course if I was back on the island I was born on it would be fitting but I would be labeled crazy if I say it within my present company.

#21 SomeAsianDude

SomeAsianDude

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1393 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:34 AM

Um... I'm dying to know how she can find out her dragons also. Depending on Mormont's help again? Or she just screams that, "I AM THE MOTHER OF DRAGONS" and then the dragons will fly back to her arms? LOL! I can't understand why many guys root for this character and adore her so much. She's just a stupid girl who indirectly caused to her husband's death and does good-for-nothing excepting for claiming mother of the dragons... I bet the reason is just because of her nice boobs, lol!

Oh yes, the reason I root for her is because of her boobies since obviously, there is no other trait within her that merits my approval.

I change my mind Joffrey is sadistic and crazy...all sympathy I had for him is gone, yet the actor portraying him is totally rocking his scenes...makes me want to jump through the screen and slap him myself!

Lol, what made you change your mind?

Edited by SomeAsianDude, 20 May 2012 - 09:35 AM.

#22 Guest_Dark Horse_*

Guest_Dark Horse_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

@someAdude _ you are correct those with honor don't last long because being a good and virtuous King didn't help Lord Ned Stark...especially when someone is in love with your wife...

Honor doesn’t simply mean to last long or short because it belongs to eternality. Have you ever wondered why Robb Stark could gain support from many lords in the north for his war against the Lannister family? It’s just because his dad’s fame and honor gave him that advantage. (In fact, Lord Stark wasn't the King. He's just the Hand of King, btw.)

If you two insist that honor doesn’t last long, I want to ask about legacy? What do you guys think of that? "It passes down to your children and your children’s children. It’s what remains after you’ve gone." I want to quote Lord Tywin’s words to Arya in the Harrental tower. Glorious battles of Aegon Targaryen and his sisters made their names still alive even after 300 years. You have honor and glory, that’s the way for to you win.

Oh yes, the reason I root for her is because of her boobies since obviously, there is no other trait within her that merits my approval.

No surprise, lol! I often have right predictions.

#23 mlint007

mlint007

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The Seeker

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:27 AM

If you two insist that honor doesn’t last long, I want to ask about legacy? What do you guys think of that? "It passes down to your children and your children’s children. It’s what remains after you’ve gone." I want to quote Lord Tywin’s words to Arya in the Harrental tower. Glorious battles of Aegon Targaryen and his sisters made their names still alive even after 300 years. You have honor and glory, that’s the way for to you win.

Actually, I didn't insist, simply stated an opinion. If honor is like wealth it'll take three generations for true honor...just kidding..Anyways, honor can be very subjective...Ned Stark did have honor but his honor got him killed and only in the last moment did he try to change his principles by acknowledging King Joffrey and the little twit still decided to cut his head off...So that's what his honor got him...Nevertheless, it's all semantics.

Remember what Cersei said to Littlefinger? Power is Power and no amount of honor will glorify power more than power. Just because a person is liked doesn't necessarily make them a good leader and those who are not liked often times still command respect.

Lol, what made you change your mind?

Why I wanted Sansa to push that little boy when she was looking down...initially I thought she was going to kill herself but then I saw her going towards him. I couldn't stand her at first but now I respect her because she won't let them know she can't stand Joffrey. Even after all them ask her, but Joffrey is definitely off his rocker and for the life of me I don't understand why he doesn't have an ounce of compassion.

He killed all the bastards in the kingdom, then he had Ros beat the prostitute, then he has other people in his group beat Sansa, then didn't even try to look for her when the crowd attacked them..Sansa and Arya have all my respect, the Starks defintely have good survival skills.

I loved Arya's stare down of Tywin when she said, "Anyone can be killed" and stared at him as hard as he was staring at her. Child did not back down and Ned definitely raised excellent children...can't say the same for Cersei and Jaime but maybe Cersei's reflection recently about having children with her brother was correct and their kids will go mad.

Therefore, no matter how many times he gets slapped it'll never be enough for me and if he or Dany yell they are the Queen or King of whatever I will take a drink (and I don't drink!).

#24 SomeAsianDude

SomeAsianDude

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1393 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:29 AM

And what of the mad king and his legacy, was neither honorable nor glorious and yet his legacy is forever remembered as plunging his kingdoms into civil war marking the end of his dynasty.

Therefore, no matter how many times he gets slapped it'll never be enough for me and if he or Dany yell they are the Queen or King of whatever I will take a drink (and I don't drink!).

I wonder because in your other post, you seem to view Joffrey only as a pawn for her mother but then suddenly you changed tone and view Joffrey as a sadistic basterd... so I was wondering at what point during the series did you change your mind?
  • mlint007 likes this

#25 Guest_Dark Horse_*

Guest_Dark Horse_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:33 AM

Anyways, honor can be very subjective...Ned Stark did have honor but his honor got him killed and only in the last moment did he try to change his principles by acknowledging King Joffrey and the little twit still decided to cut his head off... So that's what his honor got him...

I don’t say a man of honor will be undying, but his honor will be. He won everyone’s recognition for his honor. Those, be it good or bad, speak of him with high respect as in the dialogue between Tyrion and the eunuch. I can say the two guys are dishonorable and they admit Lord Stark was an honorable man. Honor doesn’t bring death to Ned, just because honorable guys like him and Jon Arryn disdained the game for the Iron Throne, they were eliminated out that game.

Plus, the moments Ned Stark admitted sins that he didn’t commit and then recognized Joffrey as the legitimate heir of the Iron Throne went beyond his honor because he decided to leave his honor out for his Achilles’ heel – daughters. So, if you say that’s the way honor has him beheaded, it sounds implausible to me.

Remember what Cersei said to Littlefinger? Power is Power and no amount of honor will glorify power more than power.

What to do with power? It brings Cersei with happiness and satisfaction? I see not. She becomes a pathetic slave to that power. Honor doesn’t bring you with power? Maybe not, but it definitely renders you high respect from others. And if they trust in your just cause, they’ll not hesitate to take your side in the war. Robb Stark gets credit from his dad’s honor and his behaviors in an honorable way with northern lords give him their respect and loyalty.

And what of the mad king and his legacy, was neither honorable nor glorious and yet his legacy is forever remembered as plunging his kingdoms into civil war marking the end of his dynasty.

If the legacy of Mad King is of neither honor nor glory, why do you count it in my exemplification, “you have honor and glory, that’s way for you to win”? What’s the point to be remembered with hatred and despise? His legacy to descendants is just far away exile and forced marriage to get army and support to begin from the start. Otherwise, Aegon Targaryen’s glorious battles have been remembered with full respect and admiration for 300 years.

Edited by Dark Horse, 24 May 2012 - 09:36 AM.

• mlint007 likes this

#26 mlint007

mlint007

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The Seeker

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:51 AM

I don’t say a man of honor will be undying, but his honor will be. He won everyone’s recognition for his honor. Those, be it good or bad, speak of him with high respect as in the dialogue between Tyrion and the eunuch. I can say the two guys are dishonorable and they admit Lord Stark was an honorable man. Honor doesn’t bring death to Ned, just because honorable guys like him and Jon Arryn disdained the game for the Iron Throne, they were eliminated out that game.

What I was getting at in regards to honor is the people who are the most honerable are not the people who survive the longest. Yes, their spirit may live on but when it comes to the game, honor doesn't get you far because more than likely you're going to have to step on a few people to get there. Basically, it boils down to who gets their first or shall I say strike first. So yes, it's nice if a person is honrable but war in itself isn't honerable. IMHO

For example, George Washington in American history is deemed as very honorable but for Mr. Washington to win the war he broke a cardinal rule in warfare by traveling at night and striking the troops while they were resting...this wasn't done in the old dayz but hey, he won right and that move saved the war for the Americans

Plus, the moments Ned Stark admitted sins that he didn’t commit and then recognized Joffrey as the legitimate heir of the Iron Throne went beyond his honor because he decided to leave his honor out for his Achilles’ heel – daughters. So, if you say that’s the way honor has him beheaded, it sounds implausible to me.

Nah, his stubborness got him beheaded lol!

@SomeADude

Initially yes I pitied him because I thought he was a pawn who was raised wrong but then I would notice his mother trying to tell him right and he would go against her teachings or find a loop hole around it. The straw which broke the camel's back for me was when he had Ned beheaded against everyone's wishes. At that point I saw Cersei basically lost the reigns on her son and maybe never had them in the first place....
  • SomeAsianDude likes this

#27 SomeAsianDude

SomeAsianDude

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1393 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:00 AM

Argh... Tywin Lannister as I thought. I wonder what is going to happen with Stannis, did he got captured or did he escaped? And what happen to the Salladhor Saan's infamous navy? They didn't come help in the initial siege. Will be interesting to see the finale next week.

If the legacy of Mad King is of neither honor nor glory, why do you count it in my exemplification, “you have honor and glory, that’s way for you to win”? What’s the point to be remembered with hatred and despise? His legacy to descendants is just far away exile and forced marriage to get army and support to begin from the start. Otherwise, Aegon Targaryen’s glorious battles have been remembered with full respect and admiration for 300 years.

Who said having honor and glory is the way for someone to win? And there is no point in being remembered with hatred and despise because it is not the person that gets to decides what his or her legacy is going to be. It is controlled by forces beyond your own in which often you cannot control. And when the gods unleash unimaginable destruction upon the world, your legacy then means nothing, no more will it turn to dust amongst prevailing winds forever lost in time and memory.

#28 mlint007

mlint007

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The Seeker

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:21 AM

I can't believe it is already the finale...it went by so fast!

Argh... Tywin Lannister as I thought. I wonder what is going to happen with Stannis, did he got captured or did he escaped? And what happen to the Salladhor Saan's infamous navy? They didn't come help in the initial siege. Will be interesting to see the finale next week.

I was disappointed how Tywin just comes in and suddenly they won...with all the build up of the actual water fight the ending seemed a bit too rushed for me. I'm glad I haven't read the book because this is all new to me and every thing is unexpected, yet it seems everything is just as unexpected for the avid readers of the novel...

I missed Arya this week and the Cersei scene on the throne with her youngest was touching although I wished it was her drinking the vile and not her son..hee hee. Sansa not running away was shocking but as usual she seems to be smarter than every one else.

How come Stannis' scary black voodoo child didn't come to his rescue? He killed one and was done?

#29 SomeAsianDude

SomeAsianDude

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1393 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:17 AM

I was disappointed how Tywin just comes in and suddenly they won...with all the build up of the actual water fight the ending seemed a bit too rushed for me. I'm glad I haven't read the book because this is all new to me and every thing is unexpected, yet it seems everything is just as unexpected for the avid readers of the novel...

It was due to budget. The team behind Game of Thrones had to convince the people in HBO to increase its budget by 15% in order to depict this battle. Otherwise it would be another off screen battle and we wouldn't have seen anything at all. So I am grateful that they showed what they showed. I won't complain about the ending as it wasn't that important. I really love the wildfire explosion at the beginning, that was the best part of the battle. Lovely piece of explosion, like fireworks despite it killing thousands of the men I am rooting for in taking the city. Freaking Lannisters and Tyrells. Ruined everything!

I missed Arya this week and the Cersei scene on the throne with her youngest was touching although I wished it was her drinking the vile and not her son..hee hee. Sansa not running away was shocking but as usual she seems to be smarter than every one else.

I thought originally it was for Joffrey but I am surprised that she would do that to her youngest. Was she expecting Joffrey to die in battle? Then why did she called him back? Thinking about that, I am alittle confused by her actions because why did she want to kill her youngest but not her oldest? And why did you think Sansa didn't ran away with the Hound? Is she really that smart? I am still not convince as I do not see the point in staying as essentially a hostage... perhaps she knows no one will kill her because she is a ransom hostage? Probably.

How come Stannis' scary black voodoo child didn't come to his rescue? He killed one and was done?

Stannis deliberately didn't take the Red Lady to the siege after Ser Davos expressed his and the troops worries of Stannis being in control from her. So she didn't participate in the battle. When the black shadow assassinated Renly, I thought why didn't Brienne do anything to fight off the monster... then I released the shadow dissipated after killing Renly so it was gone. Thus I think your right that it killed one and was done, no need to waste more energy in controlling the shadow to kill off more soldiers for nothing. Catelyn doesn't seem to be a treat to Stannis and I guess killing her would be pointless in that it would divert more attention to Stannis and his army by having Robb march his army down on King's Landing as well.
  • mlint007 likes this

#30 mlint007

mlint007

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The Seeker

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:59 AM

Lovely piece of explosion, like fireworks despite it killing thousands of the men I am rooting for in taking the city. Freaking Lannisters and Tyrells. Ruined everything!

Yeah, I'm tired of them winning..agree the explosions and such were great.

I thought originally it was for Joffrey but I am surprised that she would do that to her youngest. Was she expecting Joffrey to die in battle? Then why did she called him back? Thinking about that, I am alittle confused by her actions because why did she want to kill her youngest but not her oldest? And why did you think Sansa didn't ran away with the Hound? Is she really that smart? I am still not convince as I do not see the point in staying as essentially a hostage... perhaps she knows no one will kill her because she is a ransom hostage? Probably.

Remember Joffrey didn't return and she ran off in a hissy fit...He was suppose to return but we didn't see him for the rest of the show?? I think she assumed Joffrey was killed thus decided she didn't want her kids to become slaves and her as a ravaged wh*re for the men...Remember her story she was telling Sansa about what would happen to them if they lost the war...I think she was trying to avoid the pain for her children...yet they have a sister who was married off, correct?

I think Sansa is looking at the big picture. If she runs away there is no barganing chip. I believe Tyrells yelled at Cersei in regards to this when she told him she didn't know where Arya was. I also believe she is able to stay close to what's going on with her brother Robb...although he is busy rolling around in the hay! I beleive Arya and Sansa have tremendous survival skills as well as their younger brothers...their mother? Catelyn?, I don't know about her, she doesn't trust her kids to fend for themselves?? I mean she just up and left to go after Tywin when she was wrong? Then she let Jaime go, she has got on my last nerve. Every decision she has made has been ill fated.

Stannis deliberately didn't take the Red Lady to the siege after Ser Davos expressed his and the troops worries of Stannis being in control from her. So she didn't participate in the battle. When the black shadow assassinated Renly, I thought why didn't Brienne do anything to fight off the monster... then I released the shadow dissipated after killing Renly so it was gone. Thus I think your right that it killed one and was done, no need to waste more energy in controlling the shadow to kill off more soldiers for nothing.

Thanks! I must've missed that part of the conversation because I thought for sure Stannis was going to win with the shadowy thing...

Edited by mlint007, 30 May 2012 - 03:59 AM.

#31 SomeAsianDude

SomeAsianDude

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1393 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:57 AM

Remember Joffrey didn't return and she ran off in a hissy fit...He was suppose to return but we didn't see him for the rest of the show?? I think she assumed Joffrey was killed thus decided she didn't want her kids to become slaves and her as a ravaged wh*re for the men...Remember her story she was telling Sansa about what would happen to them if they lost the war...I think she was trying to avoid the pain for her children...yet they have a sister who was married off, correct?

Okay, I guess that explanation makes sense. Its strange seeing how Cersei's youngest is almost completely different than her oldest. He seems so naive and willing to her mother in comparison to his older brother being so uncontrollable and power hungry. And yes, Cersei's daughter was sent off to House Martell, ruling house of Dorne by Tyrion most likely in hopes of securing an alliance with the isolated region.

I think Sansa is looking at the big picture. If she runs away there is no barganing chip. I believe Tyrells yelled at Cersei in regards to this when she told him she didn't know where Arya was. I also believe she is able to stay close to what's going on with her brother Robb...although he is busy rolling around in the hay!

What bargaining chip? There is no point in staying in King's Landing for the Starks. The Lannisters have secured an alliance with the Tyrells that controls nearly the whole southern continent. They have defeated Stannis and his allies, securing King's Landing and the protection of the crown. I dun think the North have any chance of winning this war considering they are fighting a two front war against the Lannisters and their allies in the south while also dealing with the Ironborns of House Greyjoy in the west. I suspect the Lannisters will be marching up north to attack the Starks after consolidating their power in King's Landing. Looks like honor and glory isn't winning.

I beleive Arya and Sansa have tremendous survival skills as well as their younger brothers...their mother? Catelyn?, I don't know about her, she doesn't trust her kids to fend for themselves?? I mean she just up and left to go after Tywin when she was wrong? Then she let Jaime go, she has got on my last nerve. Every decision she has made has been ill fated.

Im curious of Catelyn's decision to let Jamie go. Where is she taking him to?

Thanks! I must've missed that part of the conversation because I thought for sure Stannis was going to win with the shadowy thing...

Figure out who you are rooting for yet? Or are you still caught up in all the politics of it?

Edited by SomeAsianDude, 30 May 2012 - 05:02 AM.

#32 Guest_Dark Horse_*

Guest_Dark Horse_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

What I was getting at in regards to honor is the people who are the most honerable are not the people who survive the longest. Yes, their spirit may live on but when it comes to the game, honor doesn't get you far because more than likely you're going to have to step on a few people to get there. Basically, it boils down to who gets their first or shall I say strike first. So yes, it's nice if a person is honrable but war in itself isn't honerable. IMHO

Maybe you and SomeAsianDude share the same view that who survives last is the winner of the game, but I weigh on the matter of honor: who gains honor with his good warcraft to win glorious battles is the best, regardless of whether or not he is the last survivor. I care less how long they can live, but much concern how long their name can be put on the tablet of honor. And don’t worry, I don’t force you two to agree with me and I do have respect on personal point of view.

For example, George Washington in American history is deemed as very honorable but for Mr. Washington to win the war he broke a cardinal rule in warfare by traveling at night and striking the troops while they were resting...this wasn't done in the old dayz but hey, he won right and that move saved the war for the Americans.

I don’t think this example fits the situation. George Washington is recognized honorable because that is the way he was. He was an intelligent military leader who knew how to make good use of his enemies’ weakness and incautiousness to get a victory. That was his own good warcraft and leadership skills in battle. It’s completely different from Stannis, who just followed orders whispered into his ears by the witch and slept with her. That’s all and he got more army from Renly. So, what he can do is just to give sperm to the woman and she gave him a dark monster assassin. Is that called intelligent warcraft and he is honorable man?

Will be interesting to see the finale next week.

I fear it not. In the last chapters of Book Two that the series is adapted to, I just read it telling about Sansa, Arya and Theon, description of how Lord Tywin is welcomed as the savior for King’s Landing and how Theon copes with Robb’s men in Winterfell.

Who said having honor and glory is the way for someone to win?

Me. And of course I don’t mention it in the background of playing the game of thrones, lol!

I can't believe it is already the finale...it went by so fast!

Oh, don’t worry. It’s just the finale of season 2, and season 3 is officially renewed by HBO. It’s rumored that they look for more casting in that season and because Book Three: A Storm of Swords has so much material, the producers may split it into season 3 and 4. Plus, this book is recognized the best one among Martin’s 5 books of A Song of Ice and Fire, I hope season 3 will be more thrilling, lol!

I was disappointed how Tywin just comes in and suddenly they won...with all the build up of the actual water fight the ending seemed a bit too rushed for me.

Why? Lord Tywin is a good battle tactician and through his way to teach Jaime, Cercei or Tyrion, he seems a very smart guy, or the smartest in this film so far, I think. The way he assigned Tyrion to be the Hand of King on behalf of him and his talk with the imp before leaving for King’s Landing proves his quality. That’s why I always like any convo between him and Arya, who is also a smart girl.

I guess Arya will have more screentime in this finale 10. Among Lord Ned’s children, I don’t like Sansa at all, especially when he was still alive. She had a blind confidence in her love for Joffrey, and that may cost her life happiness to the end.

Lovely piece of explosion, like fireworks despite it killing thousands of the men I am rooting for in taking the city. Freaking Lannisters and Tyrells. Ruined everything!

Trust me, the person who is capable of taking King’s Land is just Robb Stark, and the series director will spare that merit for him (I haven’t read Book 3, 4 or 5, lol). This war is up to House Stark and House Lannister alone.

Catelyn?, I don't know about her, she doesn't trust her kids to fend for themselves?? I mean she just up and left to go after Tywin when she was wrong? Then she let Jaime go, she has got on my last nerve. Every decision she has made has been ill fated.

If you were the mother of 5 children, 4 of whom were held hostage and every wrong move of yours could your child’s life, you’d definitely feel for Catelyn’s decision. That’s not an easy choice for her while LittleFinger knew her weak spot – children – and stroke at it. But I don’t think she let Jaime go unquestioningly. She might use him to exchange for freedom of her 2 daughters, and could order Brienne to hide him somewhere... maybe in her sister’s castle?

I dun think the North have any chance of winning this war considering they are fighting a two front war against the Lannisters and their allies in the south while also dealing with the Ironborns of House Greyjoy in the west. I suspect the Lannisters will be marching up north to attack the Starks after consolidating their power in King's Landing. Looks like honor and glory isn't winning.

Don’t underestimate Robb’s army and don’t forget he has been the only one who could get a battle victory over the Lannister’s army so far. And Robb needn't turn back to Winterfell to free his brothers because other northern lords will do that for him. His main target is the Lannisters only. As I said above, this war is just for two Houses – lions and wolves.

Im curious of Catelyn's decision to let Jamie go. Where is she taking him to?

I guess Brienne may take him to the Eyrie and wait for the hostage exchange with LittleFinger or House Lannister.

Edited by Dark Horse, 31 May 2012 - 06:54 PM.

#33 SomeAsianDude

SomeAsianDude

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1393 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:38 AM

Trust me, the person who is capable of taking King’s Land is just Robb Stark, and the series director will spare that merit for him (I haven’t read Book 3, 4 or 5, lol). This war is up to House Stark and House Lannister alone.

Don’t underestimate Robb’s army and don’t forget he has been the only one who could get a battle victory over the Lannister’s army so far. And Robb needn't turn back to Winterfell to free his brothers because other northern lords will do that for him. His main target is the Lannisters only. As I said above, this war is just for two Houses – lions and wolves.

I dun expect it to be this cut and clear. Robb has his hands full and his recent actions of making love and wanting to marry the medic, Talisa is a betrayal to the promise he and his mother had on House Tully in the Riverlands. I suspect that House Tully will pull support for Robb, further dwindling his army in the south while he hardly can get any reinforcement from his homeland due to their fight against the Ironborns of House Greyjoy. Plus the Lannisters got access to the 100,000 men under House Tyrell to reinforce their main army. Its 3 to 1. If Stannis is still alive, I would suspect he might go to the North and ally with Robb but I dunno how much that can help in the long run. Plus remember there is also an army of wildlings beyond the Wall under King Rayder that could attack the Wall and invade the North, further complicating things. I dun expect there is much Robb can do at this point. Either submit to King Joffrey at King's Landing and make peace with the Lannisters or face destruction of his home.

I guess Brienne may take him to the Eyrie and wait for the hostage exchange with LittleFinger or House Lannister.

Well that may have unintended consequences since LittleFinger knows that they only have Sansa and Arya is nowhere to be found. It could be assumed that Catelyn may think Arya is dead and that could lead her to complicate things with Robb who already distrusts her.

#34 mlint007

mlint007

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The Seeker

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:58 AM

Why? Lord Tywin is a good battle tactician and through his way to teach Jaime, Cercei or Tyrion, he seems a very smart guy, or the smartest in this film so far, I think. The way he assigned Tyrion to be the Hand of King on behalf of him and his talk with the imp before leaving for King’s Landing proves his quality. That’s why I always like any convo between him and Arya, who is also a smart girl.

Oh my opinion wasn't connected to Lord Tywin's strategy skills.It was based on how the scene was shot by HBO but SomeADude actually explained due to budget constraints HBO limited the scene we could see regarding Tywin winning the battle.

What bargaining chip? There is no point in staying in King's Landing for the Starks.

Maybe, but it seems they are not privy to the information everyone else has. It seems everyone else knows what's going on but the Starks. For example Catelyn has no ideal where all her children really are.

Figure out who you are rooting for yet? Or are you still caught up in all the politics of it?

You know I'm actually starting to watch this movie like I watch MadMen...There are no rootable characters on the show because they are written real. Meaning, they make decisions and do things they shouldn't and they aren't written to come off goody goody. They may try to be good but then life happens and you have to decide do you want to win /survive or do you want to die with honor? I think it is a fascinating conundrum because we all go through it daily. I will say I am rooting for the Starks. I would like to root for the Dragon Mother but her story hasn't been interwined with the other characters. It would be nice to see who she would align with.

Well that may have unintended consequences since LittleFinger knows that they only have Sansa and Arya is nowhere to be found. It could be assumed that Catelyn may think Arya is dead and that could lead her to complicate things with Robb who already distrusts her.

idk..nothing written or acted has told me Catelyn is aware her children are dead but it will be nice what will happen with Brienne and Jaime because their interaction has actually been quite funny. I saw in the previews Brienne state she isn't loyal to the Starks...but perhaps that was crafty editing by HBO.

Edited by mlint007, 01 June 2012 - 11:59 AM.

#35 Guest_Dark Horse_*

Guest_Dark Horse_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:43 PM

I dun expect it to be this cut and clear. Robb has his hands full and his recent actions of making love and wanting to marry the medic, Talisa is a betrayal to the promise he and his mother had on House Tully in the Riverlands.

I have no worry about Robb’s love development with Talisa. Even if that’s a true love, he can sacrifice it for the sake of his war against Lannisters. Promises are promises and he knows how to keep it as his dad taught him to be a man of honor. Talisa may become his mistress at the most; he can do the same as his dad, Lord Ned, who can have a bastard even though he much loved his wife Catelyn and children. I don’t think Robb will break his mother’s agreement terms with House Tully.

I suspect that House Tully will pull support for Robb, further dwindling his army in the south while he hardly can get any reinforcement from his homeland due to their fight against the Ironborns of House Greyjoy.

Theon is just kinda self-important guy and unworthy a contender to Robb. I like the way his sister lectured him in ep. Prince of Winterfell. She seems to know every weakness of Theon and gives him the best advices to survive in the revenge of House Stark. But he was too stupid to know what the right path was for him. If the film makers don’t make change to this character, he’ll die in this finale. He’s more or less just an incapable cunt, lol!

Plus the Lannisters got access to the 100,000 men under House Tyrell to reinforce their main army. Its 3 to 1. If Stannis is still alive, I would suspect he might go to the North and ally with Robb but I dunno how much that can help in the long run.

I doubt all 100,000 men will yield to House Lannister when they really hate that arrogant boy king Joffrey. Also, the way Tywin tortured his men in Harental to find out the spy proved his cruelty and it’s hard for him to get full obedience and respect from surrenders.

Stannis is certainly still alive as I see his name in many chapters in Book Three, lol! But to know what he will do next, I have to read thru the book. I just wanna spare this part after finishing season 2.

Plus remember there is also an army of wildlings beyond the Wall under King Rayder that could attack the Wall and invade the North, further complicating things. I dun expect there is much Robb can do at this point.

Wildings are not the biggest threat to the North. Although Jon is inexperienced, I think he can help the lords there to handle this job. White walkers are more dangerous, but unless Dany’s dragons are fully mature, I don’t think Martin will put much focus on this attack right now.

Either submit to King Joffrey at King's Landing and make peace with the Lannisters or face destruction of his home.

I never believe Robb will forget his enmity towards Lannisters who were responsible for his dad’s death. He and his northerners just want to see Joffrey’s head on the pike. There won’t be any peace treaty between the two Houses, I guess.

#36 Guest_Dark Horse_*

Guest_Dark Horse_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

At last, the finale has just closed up season 2 and it brought me both pleasant and disappointed feelings. Robb’s wedding with Talisa was really let-down as I expect him to behave much more differently than an egotist, and all above he would follow his mother’s advice to keep his words with House Tully. I wish for a punishment for him in the end when Talisa came into a spy, lol!

The second surprise is harsh, cold treatment against Tyrion by the Lannisters. Why’s that? I can understand why Cersei wants him dead, but what about Lord Tywin? Didn’t he appreciate Tyrion’s intelligence when he ordered the dwarf to come to be the Hand of King temporarily? Tywin didn’t bother to visit wounded Tyrion or give him some compliments. How weird! I doubt Tyrion is not Tywin's biological son, lol!

I want to express my commiseration on Maester Luwin’s death, a good loyal man to the Starks and Winterfell. He did want to give Theon a chance for survival, but again he was too stubborn to accept his advice. Amazingly, Theon did expect to die in honor rather than live in despise. It’s too bad for him that he fell down by his own Ironborns after all.

The title of ep 10, Valar Morghulis, made no sense to me at the first place until it was aired. It came to the name of Jaqen H’ghar, lol! A very big surprise! Maybe Aryn would then go find him in Braavos, homeland of her first teacher of swordsmanship.

Another good thing is the way Dany regained her dragons impressed me and proved her potential to the reign of Seven Kingdoms. She could resist snares in that maze in House Undying and revenged for everything they did with her. A little bit surprise is that the dragons are still so small but able to breathe fire to burn down enemies… That’s why white walkers began to attack the Wall? Lol, the King of white walkers looks so creepy, but impressive! They seem like a zombie legion in Walking Dead, uh-oh!

Now it’s time to take a break and check Book Three over before season 3 premieres lol!

#37 SomeAsianDude

SomeAsianDude

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1393 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:52 AM

I will say I am rooting for the Starks. I would like to root for the Dragon Mother but her story hasn't been interwined with the other characters. It would be nice to see who she would align with.

Meh, everyone is rooting for the Starks.

I doubt all 100,000 men will yield to House Lannister when they really hate that arrogant boy king Joffrey. Also, the way Tywin tortured his men in Harental to find out the spy proved his cruelty and it’s hard for him to get full obedience and respect from surrenders.

Looks like Joffrey is getting a new bride. Binding House Lannister with House Tyrell. Guess the Tyrells dun hate Joffrey as much as you thought it seems.

I never believe Robb will forget his enmity towards Lannisters who were responsible for his dad’s death. He and his northerners just want to see Joffrey’s head on the pike. There won’t be any peace treaty between the two Houses, I guess.

Then the Starks will die.

At last, the finale has just closed up season 2 and it brought me both pleasant and disappointed feelings. Robb’s wedding with Talisa was really let-down as I expect him to behave much more differently than an egotist, and all above he would follow his mother’s advice to keep his words with House Tully. I wish for a punishment for him in the end when Talisa came into a spy, lol!

Told ya.

The second surprise is harsh, cold treatment against Tyrion by the Lannisters. Why’s that? I can understand why Cersei wants him dead, but what about Lord Tywin? Didn’t he appreciate Tyrion’s intelligence when he ordered the dwarf to come to be the Hand of King temporarily? Tywin didn’t bother to visit wounded Tyrion or give him some compliments. How weird! I doubt Tyrion is not Tywin's biological son, lol!

Thats because to Cersei and Tywin, Tyrion's horrendous existence came to be after killing the women who was considered their mother and wife respectively. Thus non within Tyrion's immediate family holds favorable views of the Imp in high regards because of that. Even Tyrion himself feels that way.

Another good thing is the way Dany regained her dragons impressed me and proved her potential to the reign of Seven Kingdoms. She could resist snares in that maze in House Undying and revenged for everything they did with her. A little bit surprise is that the dragons are still so small but able to breathe fire to burn down enemies…

Really? Still think its the boobs that attracts everyone to her?

#38 Guest_Dark Horse_*

Guest_Dark Horse_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:10 PM

Meh, everyone is rooting for the Starks.

So, what’s wrong with that? At least they represent for the just cause in this film, unlike the ambition of House Lannister or Tyrell.

Looks like Joffrey is getting a new bride. Binding House Lannister with House Tyrell. Guess the Tyrells dun hate Joffrey as much as you thought it seems.

Yes, Lady Margaery is just like a sl*t and she deserves to that vile boy king, lol!

Then the Starks will die.

At least they can die in honor rather than take shame to shake hands with enemies who beheaded their dad.

Thats because to Cersei and Tywin, Tyrion's horrendous existence came to be after killing the women who was considered their mother and wife respectively. Thus non within Tyrion's immediate family holds favorable views of the Imp in high regards because of that. Even Tyrion himself feels that way.

It’s unlike what I realize from Tywin’s behaviors with Tyrion in the past. He praised Tyrion to be smarter than expected and appointed him to be the Hand of King while he was busy dealing with the Starks’ attack. Or in the way Tywin took side with Tyrion and punished Jaime for hiring a wh*re to deride Tyrion’s love long ago, I can’t believe Tywin still holds grudge against Tyrion for his birth causing the mother’s death. But, everything is so unpredictable as wise people don’t talk much, lol!

Really? Still think its the boobs that attracts everyone to her?

I can picture your satisfaction to think that I will like this female character eventually. Sorry, I don’t. Even if I admit her talents, it doesn’t mean I’ll root for her. Yep, I still reckon 90% male viewers like this girl just because of her boobs, only 10% for her intelligence. Whether you belong to that proportion of 90% or 10%, I’m rather sure about it, lol!

#39 mlint007

mlint007

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The Seeker

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:04 AM

Not everyone is rooting for the Starks....usually I root for the bad guy but I don't say it out loud lol...

The finale was actually good and I need to rewatch it on demand but the end I did not expect AT ALL.
The white things scared the crap out of me. I hope dough boy survived it...

I agree, I thought Tywin was turning around regarding Tyrion. I was shocked they kind of threw him away...at least he tried to fight for them and that is how they repay him...I guess he was taught a lesson, yet blood is thicker than water.

Lady Margaery is an opportunist..plain and simple...I doubt they give two sheep about Joffrey.

You know....I never notice dragon lady's boobs only the fire breathing dragons underneath her arm pits...I do like her fashion though...

#40 SomeAsianDude

SomeAsianDude

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1393 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:28 AM

So... do you still think Robb is most capable of taking King's Landing? After this latest episode, its funny looking back at your comments and see how all your admiration for the Starks have came to this conclusion. Honor right? Yeah... looks like honor couldn't save Robb from what's coming. Like father like son eh? Guess its time for you to reevaluate your standing in this world considering that your beloved Starks are effectively out of this war.

Poor Stannis have to wage this war all by myself now... well atleast he has the backing of the Lord of Light. That is some serious stuff they have been showing about this faith. And go Dany, she has come a long way since Season 1 from being a slave to her older brother to a mighty leader commanding armies with dragons. I can't wait to see her cross the Narrow Seas and claim what is rightfully hers, that would be glourious to see.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: drama, fantasy novel, hbo series, medieval

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users