Addict

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6870 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:58 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image

Translation by minivicki @ asianfanatics.net
Source: UDN & Yahoo TW

Show Luo recently released his first Japanese single EP "Dante" and entered the Japan Entertainment arena. This song clinched 5th place in Japan's Oricon daily charts on its first day of release and managed to hit 10th place for the Oricon weekly charts. He is the first Taiwan male singer that managed to place on this Japan charts and has the second best results for a Taiwan singer, falling behind Teresa Teng's "I Only Care About You" (9th place in 2nd Feb 1987).

When interviewed by the Japan media, he declared his wish of "I want to hold a concert at Japan's most popular venue - The Budokan area within 3 years!" and expressed that he has been very envious of other singers who could promote themselves in Japan in the past. Now that its finally his turn "Although it might be late, but I usually act faster than others so I'm sure I can catch up!"

During the interview with Japan media, he used fluent Japanese to answer them and often added in some on-the-spot humor, showing his "Show Luo style Japan" which won the praise of the Japan reporters. He shared that "Besides speaking some words wrongly such as "jeans" became "underwear", I also used more comical ways to introduce the Taiwan massage and acted as a massage instructor who will give a 3min introduction before his massage." He kept using japanese "very happy" to describe his feelings about officially debuting in Japan. He also proudly expressed that "Unlike other foreign singers, my Japanese single was recorded without having my Japanese corrected by the producer. Instead, my English pronunciation was the one that had to be corrected."

Show Luo shared that besides having 2 autograph session held at Osaka and Tokoyo, his promotion tour will also involve Japan variety shows. As he is a newcomer in the Japan entertainment, he was so nervous during his breaks that he had no appetite and totally forgot to eat and drink the entire day to replenish his energy. His manager was worried that he'll be hungry and prepared a box of dessert for him at the end of the entire day of promotion.

Posted Image

When asked by Japan female reporters "Do you receive alot of chocolates during Valentines Day?", he cleverly answered "When I arrived in Tokoyo, I started receiving lots of chocolate from fans such that I don't even know which day is Valentines Day already!" He also expressed that males should not only wait till such occasions to treat their girlfriend. Instead, they should make the girlfriend feel as though everyday is a special day.

A preview of the song "Dante" and the music video:

Edited by minivicki, 22 February 2012 - 12:00 PM.

#2 UniversalSR

UniversalSR

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6861 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:02 PM

Does anyone know when will he release his next album out

#3 Coralie

Coralie

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2402 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:29 AM

His songs could be better.

Just sayin'.

Everything is perfect. Except song selections.

#4 xxMiya

xxMiya

Q期 ♥

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5074 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:15 AM

Whoa, his Japanese is surprisingly good.

Congrats to Show! :D Debuting within top 10 on Oricon is good!

#5 sumii

sumii

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1026 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:10 PM

Didn't know he could speak Japanese..hahha but yeah, he needs to work on his English. The song is not bad.

#6 athlon

athlon

Selfish elite

• uber-newbie
  • 7659 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:07 AM

24/02/2012
The singer's Japanese single ‘Dante' enters the Oricon chart in the first week of its release

Posted Image
On Feb 15, Taiwanese singer Show Luo made his foray into the Japanese music scene, with the release of his first Japanese single Dante.
The single peaked at number 10 on the Oricon chart within the first week of its release.
Yesterday, Show's management agency happily expressed that Show is the second Taiwanese singer to make it into the Oricon chart in the past 25 years. The first being late veteran singer Teresa Teng.
Show is also the first Taiwanese male singer to make it into the top 10 positions on the chart.
Commenting on his excellent result, the singer said, "I'm very excited and thankful for my fans' support. I hope to realise my dream of holding a concert at the Budokan Arena soon."
Because of his dashing good looks and funny personality, the Japanese media even praised that he is the Taiwanese version of Japanese idol Yamashita Tomohisa.
At the autograph sessions, held in Osaka and Tokyo, Show attracted more than 2,000 fans, who filled up the three-story building where the events were held. Those in attendance included wealthy women, who carried branded handbags.
When asked what activities they would like to see him do next, his fans shouted in unison, "We want to see Show in a Japanese drama!"
While Show made a successful debut in Japan, one 'Anti Show Fan Club' lambasted the singer for abandoning his Taiwanese fans and heading to Japan to swindle money from his newfound fan base.
The group also criticised Show for using his "hugs" to sell his album.
Show's manager responded to the report, saying, "It's difficult for an artiste to break into a foreign market. I hope everyone will give him your support."http://pixel.quantserve.com/pixel/p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Source

#7 ochocabu

ochocabu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

show luo so cute so excited

credit: oost1naoo4

#8 BeInspired

BeInspired

-{Life is your melody}-

• Forum Seniors
  • 9825 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:56 AM

song sounds weird in japanese, but still good effort.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: show luo, taiwan, japan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users