AF needs funding again

Photo

Episodes 21-25 for L'Escargot

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

#1 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52643 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:23 PM

Wonder what's going to happn in these next five episodes?

Episode 21:

Spoiler

Credits: http://programme.tvb...got/episode/21/

#2 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52643 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:56 PM

Really don't like watching Ron and Linda tearing apart like this.

Episode 22:

Spoiler

Credits: http://programme.tvb...rgot/episode/22

#3 SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988

~ TVB ADDICT ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4326 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:44 PM

LOL!! Well....to mee both lok lok and dai ding are soooo childish!! hahaha.
Both using one and another to get each other jealous and hurting each other.
Really do hope they will get back together!! ....but I'm just sooooo confused with lok lok!! Om my god like - seriously... make up your mind who you love?!?!?!
Cos to me... seems like she likes both??? lol... or maybe she just can't take the fact that dai ding has 'moved on' that's why she's upset??! omg. no idea!! hahaha.

#4 witnap

witnap

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:34 AM

LOL!! Well....to mee both lok lok and dai ding are soooo childish!! hahaha.
Both using one and another to get each other jealous and hurting each other.
Really do hope they will get back together!! ....but I'm just sooooo confused with lok lok!! Om my god like - seriously... make up your mind who you love?!?!?!
Cos to me... seems like she likes both??? lol... or maybe she just can't take the fact that dai ding has 'moved on' that's why she's upset??! omg. no idea!! hahaha.

Agree, agree, disagree, agree and agree

hm...when you love both, you don't love them both. haha. as said before, she is just greedy. I agree that she cannot take it because Tai Ding moved on. I am thinking she wanted to be with Jim because she craves for luxurious life because she did not have it before, subconsciously. Or else, she would have stick by Tai Ding

Edited by witnap, 02 February 2012 - 02:40 AM.

#5 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9921 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:35 AM

Yeah, the childish acts indicate they are still loving each other. I am curious in knowing what's happening next..I mean their relationship.

On the other hand, Mandy is so bad treating her mother in-law like that...Ow.....

#6 selliesellie

selliesellie

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1528 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:43 AM

Mandy is shining again. Her role is terrible but her acting is very good

Linda's role feels greedy and more and more stupid :wacko:

#7 chungkayan

chungkayan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:39 PM

Episode 24:

Spoiler

#8 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52643 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:03 PM

It's really sad seeing Ron and Linda dating another person in this series. They still really love each other but it's all because of a misunderstanding and Michael.

Episode 23:

Spoiler

Credits: http://programme.tvb...rgot/episode/23

#9 churchill1

churchill1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:13 AM

Who thinks this series is getting really boring and going very downhill? I mean, it was never a great series to begin with but it's getting ridiculously dull now. Beats me how they can even manage to stretch it out to 30 episodes! Other series should have been made longer but this should have been shorter!

#10 kiiss

kiiss

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:16 AM

Am I the only one who cant wait for LokLok and Jim to get together? This drama is getting too boring. I'm tired of seeing DaiDing and LokLok trying to outplay each other.
I need something quirky!

#11 madeleines

madeleines

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:33 AM

Who thinks this series is getting really boring and going very downhill? I mean, it was never a great series to begin with but it's getting ridiculously dull now. Beats me how they can even manage to stretch it out to 30 episodes! Other series should have been made longer but this should have been shorter!

I agree! Mostly, at least. I was watching Wish and Switch and L'escargot simultaneously, and every day I would watch WS first because I found it more interesting than LE. However as both dramas progressed, I found LE more interesting. After WS ended, LE started going downhill; from being a series about property and all, it's becoming a series too focused on Ka Lok and her stupid love triangle. >:(

I hope the ending spoilers are true! I will be very happy if that happens!

#12 bebeC

bebeC

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:34 AM

argh, ka lok is sooo irritating. does she not realise what a horrible thing she did? she slept with another man while she was dating ron! unforgivable! what right does she have questioning ron's love life now? or even shooting him dirty looks? jeez, has she no shame?

and another thing i found just as distracting as michael tse's massive mole is joyce's sparkly eyeshadow. whenever either of them appear on screen, i'm either staring at the mole, or the glitter.

#13 churchill1

churchill1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:13 AM

I agree! Mostly, at least. I was watching Wish and Switch and L'escargot simultaneously, and every day I would watch WS first because I found it more interesting than LE. However as both dramas progressed, I found LE more interesting. After WS ended, LE started going downhill; from being a series about property and all, it's becoming a series too focused on Ka Lok and her stupid love triangle. >:(

Well I always had the impression that the series at 8/8:30 is more boring than the 9/9:30 one so that was why I never watched Wish and Switch until the very end which made me totally regret watching this stupid L'Escargot instead since Wish and Switch was so much more interesting and was absolutely hilarious and had me in fits of laughter every few minutes.

and another thing i found just as distracting as michael tse's massive mole is joyce's sparkly eyeshadow. whenever either of them appear on screen, i'm either staring at the mole, or the glitter.

What, I like Joyce's makeup and eyeshadow! I think she's so gorgeous in this series, possibly even prettier than Sonija.

#14 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9921 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:19 AM

Looks like everyone is complaining Linda and Michael....their relationship is just *yuck*. I am the one thinking Michael Miu character pretty annoying, I wonder how the story get progressing seriously....

It looks like Joyce will take some actions on Linda.....

#15 criticalillusion

criticalillusion

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:41 AM

This series was good, it even had potential to become a classic but the script writers blew it all by terrible character development.

I'm fed up with KKL and her childish ways. Once again, she slept with Jim because she lusted for him, NOT BECAUSE she owed him money or whatever. Does she really expect Ding to forgive her?

#16 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52643 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:25 PM

Seems like all the bad things are starting to happen.
And I can't believe Michael M. took the blame for Jason Pai.

Episode 24:

Spoiler

Credits: http://programme.tvb...rgot/episode/24

#17 Seoshi.love.

Seoshi.love.

freaky freaky boom track

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3266 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:37 PM

This series is driving me nuts! All the characters are just so irritating in their own ways. Can't wait till it finishes :STUPID

#18 Fairytale_ Angel

Fairytale_ Angel

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1655 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:07 AM

I hope somebody can help me but can somebody tell me what Joyce said to Linda during the restaurant and during the apartment? Somehow during the apartment it seems like Linda was denying stuff when Joyce confronted her.

#19 Cutie_GrL07

Cutie_GrL07

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:32 AM

I hope somebody can help me but can somebody tell me what Joyce said to Linda during the restaurant and during the apartment? Somehow during the apartment it seems like Linda was denying stuff when Joyce confronted her.

At the restaurant, I think Joyce just wanted to confirm was Linda the mistress. Joyce saw the necklace she liked all along on Linda and said to her that the necklace she has on is not supposed to be hers aka she shouldn't be with her husband. Linda replied that she is just borrowing the necklace.

At Linda's apt was the big confrontation. Joyce wanted to know why Linda is with her husband is it because of work (for higher position) or money but Linda answered none of them. Linda told Joyce that it was her husband that keeps looking for her. Joyce got angry and slapped Linda because she thinks that Linda being with her husband with no intentions is simply sick because she's basically just being a homewrecker.

I think what you mean by denying stuff is that Linda doesn't feel like she's in a relationship with Michael since she still treats Michael as her boss and being formal to him. It's Michael that always try to keep their relationship going never her going to him. But at other people's point of view, it seems that she's the one ruining their husband/wife relationship. I may be wrong but hopefully answered your questions about what Joyce said to Linda at the restaurant and at her apt.

Edited by Cutie_GrL07, 04 February 2012 - 04:39 AM.

#20 donkeykong

donkeykong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:52 AM

Linda's role is so hatebable... she's clearly wrong, yet she's always playing the victim card! I just hope neither of the guys end up with her coz they deserve so much better! Ron with JJ (Coz JJ is so nice to him) and Michael and Joyce (because Joyce has been nothing but a good wife to him and treats him and the family well)...

#21 Fairytale_ Angel

Fairytale_ Angel

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1655 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:48 AM

At the restaurant, I think Joyce just wanted to confirm was Linda the mistress. Joyce saw the necklace she liked all along on Linda and said to her that the necklace she has on is not supposed to be hers aka she shouldn't be with her husband. Linda replied that she is just borrowing the necklace.

At Linda's apt was the big confrontation. Joyce wanted to know why Linda is with her husband is it because of work (for higher position) or money but Linda answered none of them. Linda told Joyce that it was her husband that keeps looking for her. Joyce got angry and slapped Linda because she thinks that Linda being with her husband with no intentions is simply sick because she's basically just being a homewrecker.

I think what you mean by denying stuff is that Linda doesn't feel like she's in a relationship with Michael since she still treats Michael as her boss and being formal to him. It's Michael that always try to keep their relationship going never her going to him. But at other people's point of view, it seems that she's the one ruining their husband/wife relationship. I may be wrong but hopefully answered your questions about what Joyce said to Linda at the restaurant and at her apt.

Thank you so much for the translation! my Cantonese is pretty bad so I just judge by the actions haha but man I'm already fat up with Linda's character. Seriously does she have any shame? it takes two to tango in a relationship and she's just denying everything and pushing it toward michael. She's just denying everything cause it seems like to her denying everything will make her feel better about herself or the situation and that she is doing nothing wrong >.< her character really just want me to smack her more than Joyce did. I'm surprise Joyce didn't slap her a few more times to but then again Joyce isn't that type. I really hope Joyce would just divorce Michael so he will see what he's missing since Joyce was a perfect wife and he doesn't know how to see it

#22 chco115

chco115

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:14 AM

my god, monday's episode is going to be epic
micheal mui needs to calm the heck down, like really. your wife has been with you literally through thick and thin,when you gave all your money away in helping your siblings and now because shes able to support herself and make some money, that shes cheating on you?! give me a BREAK
sonija is prob one of the most likeable characters in this series! dislike how micheal miu handle the situation. and based on the preview for the next ep, he's just going to explode!

#23 *.marshmalloww

*.marshmalloww

piko ♥ .

• Forum Seniors
  • 3301 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:16 AM

^ UGH! I agree! His wife has been standing by him all these years, living in a freaking small apartment with 10 people, and after he kept throwing away their saved up money for other people and his so-called dignity again and again, she still forgave him easily. But here he is accusing his wife on cheating on him!? Clearly he is insecure himself, because he KNOWS how unsuccessful he is as a family man! But again and again, he never learns. Maybe finally after his wife leaves him he can learn for himself!
His character is so annoying, I hope Sonija slaps some sense into him!! I thought they were quite loving in the beginning, but I actually think they should get a divorce now. If a man can't put his family first, especially in their economic background, then there's no point. He even put his see fu before his family first by taking all the blame?? Ugh....

#24 witnap

witnap

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:23 PM

can we too slap kwan kah lok when she say she is always refusing him? Then whats with the kiss in the office? the coffee invitation? all the gifts and surprises?? all the time that Jim suppose to spend with man wah, spent with kwan kah lok? geez. i wish i can give her some slaps and splash a whole bucket of water if she still cries. i dun get her. "I am not the kind that is tam mo hui wing?" OMG that just get on my nerves. i wish Tai Lo On could slap her earlier so that she would wake up

Linda's role is so hatebable... she's clearly wrong, yet she's always playing the victim card! I just hope neither of the guys end up with her coz they deserve so much better! Ron with JJ (Coz JJ is so nice to him) and Michael and Joyce (because Joyce has been nothing but a good wife to him and treats him and the family well)...

totally agree. i hope she gets no one in the end. argh!

#25 ~Akane~

~Akane~

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6053 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:48 AM

I think Sonia deserves a better husband and Ron should be with JJ. His life turned out so well being with JJ. I don't feel like he's 'eating soft rice' in this situation. He has the talent just that he doesn't have the connections. With JJ's connections, his career accelerates. Plus, JJ's character seems like the faithful/pure/naive type that Ron likes anyhow. Forget about Linda, him and Michael probably deserves each other. Joyce needs someone better too.

#26 white_snowflake

white_snowflake

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:04 AM

Wow, episode 24 is gonna be the climax of the show then!

But urgh. I agree, Mandy's role is great and interesting but Kwan Ka Lok's role is just 不知所谓!!! Seriously?! She's always playing the victim card. If you don't like Jim then just push him away. Push him far, far away. DON'T invite him up for coffee man!

I feel sorry for Man Wah, she;s actually a really loving and caring wife.

#27 dreyz

dreyz

♥ 理想有代價 ♥

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:14 PM

I'm waiting for EP24 anxiously too! For a January timeslot, this TVB series is actually quite good.

I dun actually find Linda's role irritating though, I find her quite pitiful actually in the sense that she's taking Laughing on a rebound cos she lost Ron.

#28 Elayne

Elayne

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:41 AM

This scene is the highlight for me so far.....Joyce basically asked KL if she is with Jim for his money or for her career advancement, to which she replied neither. So she then put her down saying all mistress will at least know what they can gain from this type of relationship unlike KL...pathetic!!

Joyce performance is most captivating in this series, more so then Mandy in these few episodes.....
Perhaps it's her character that makes her likable but I fing Sonja''s performance just a bit bland (eg in the scene where KL confessed her tryst with Jim, she did not look one bit sympathetic, or even shocked to me).

#29 chco115

chco115

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:28 AM

maybe she should've said that she wanted to be with micheal tse for love...? HAHA even that sounds absurd!
gosh, shes only doing all of this to piss ron off! stupid >>" i dont get how people love linda's character (ppl not on asianfanatics)
horrible character ...

#30 bokki

bokki

saRang ChangMin <33

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:29 AM

i watched ep 24 last week

Spoiler

need episode 25 !!

#31 Leba

Leba

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:00 PM

I agree too!

I've never really liked Michael Tse in series. But this time, I was quite moved and touched by his kindness and maybe even admiration for Ka-Lok. Was quite charmed by him... Until his smiles of admiration began to turn lustful and started looking creepy as one of you said... But I was still able to accept the night that they slept together cos Ka-Lok was filled with immense indebtedness and his emotions for her was surging too... So it's still understandable how they got themselves into that situation.

But if Ka-Lok is such a good girl, she would have firmly put an end to the situation. And if Jim was such a gentleman, he would have honoured his word to not look for her. So i started feeling uneasy when Jim still wouldn't let Ka-Lok go when he had such a good wife. And though i feel Jim's character is cheap and hypocritical and quite typical of men who betray their wives by committing adultery, I dislike Ka-Lok's character even more. She is plain selfish. She doesn't even think she's a home-wrecker. And she keeps behaving as if she's being victimised. Yah... I'm getting quite tired of the love pentagon revolving Jim, Ka-Lok, Joyce, Dai Ting and Man Wah.

But that being said, if Jim weren't a married man, I wouldn't mind him being paired up with Ka-Lok cos his romantic scenes with her are really quite sweet. But sadly, that's not the case. He's married. And no matter how well he treats Ka-Lok and how i feel the scene is romantic, it still feels uneasy watching them enjoying themselves behind poor Man Wah's back.

Apart from the boring love flaw, i feel the series started off very very well. Love the home scenes too.

Edited by Leba, 06 February 2012 - 07:05 PM.

#32 Fairytale_ Angel

Fairytale_ Angel

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1655 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:18 PM

man episode 24 is jus pissing me off though I don't understand most of the time wats going on due to my lack of cantonese but I was like yanking my poor hair! but seriously Jim is getting on my nerves I get he's all loving Ka Lok but hello you're a married man! And it looks like Man Wah (from my guess) is able to forgive him for his affair but seriously Ka-Lok and Dai Ting are very immature and childish at handling their love affairs. Ka-Lok using Jim while Da Ting is going after Joyce to get back at the other two. And Ka-Lok resign but yet went to see Jim, she's never going to admit she's a homewrecker and will use the excuse, your husband don't love you anymore but me to defy her actions >.<

The one in this i feel sympathy is Man Wah I really do hope she just leave Jim and see what happens to him. (wasn't it because of her he got to where he is? and the man that she usually talk to is that her father or somebody close to her?) I been skipping around to the point i don't really kno who is who now haha.

Edited by Fairytale_ Angel, 06 February 2012 - 08:19 PM.

#33 Leba

Leba

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:44 PM

I just finished watching ep. 23! Joyce Tang's acting is just so cool! What Man Wah said is in a nutshell what Ka-Lok was behaving -Shameless! Ooh i love Joyce Tang's acting. Just those few intense moments of confrontation gave her all the limelight for what little screen time she has in the series.

But while we're condemning the series for the poorly-written love entanglement with Linda, i see the scriptwriters as using Linda's role in reinforcing the home theme. That apart from saving money and working to death for a house, and apart from all the well-quoted lines about a house being a home only when there's family love and bonding, i think it's also using Linda's role to show how foolish betrayal could break up a home... Just some thoughts...

Yup. Ka-Lok and Jim are getting quite disgusting to watch, even though Jim's gentlemanly ways charmed me initially. But maybe that's the whole point. To show how disgusting adultery is....

#34 Bluesky888

Bluesky888

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:54 PM

I liked Joyce acting in here. She gave a good slap to Linda. All the words she said to her make some sense out of it. Linda said that is her husband go after her everytime and she can't refused him. That why Joyce slap her and hope to wake her up. She not after money, high position she don't even know what she want out of Michael.

#35 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52643 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:39 PM

To be honest, I really think Mchael M. is quite stupid in this series. I understand he's trying to help Jason, but taking the blame for something you didn't do is really stupid.

Episode 25:

Spoiler

Credits: http://programme.tvb...rgot/episode/25

#36 SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988

~ TVB ADDICT ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4326 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:03 PM

arrrggghh!!! why EVERYTIME dai ding wants to get back together there's Jim there!!!!! arrggghh,, JUST GO AWAY like!!! lol.
....wonder what's going to happen NOW??? Cos clearly jim and ka lok loves each other!

#37 witnap

witnap

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:04 AM

I liked Joyce acting in here. She gave a good slap to Linda. All the words she said to her make some sense out of it. Linda said that is her husband go after her everytime and she can't refused him. That why Joyce slap her and hope to wake her up. She not after money, high position she don't even know what she want out of Michael.

well said my friend. she is even worse than a prostitute. At least a prostitute knows that they are after money. I hate how Kah Lok said: Mrs Ko, believe me that i am not a MATERIALISTIC GIRL". ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I FEEL LIKE SLAPPING HER THAT VERY TIME!

I think Mrs Ko has been patient enough with Jim and Kah Lok. with a simple 'i could not resist everytime he is near me,' she put all the blame on someone else? WTH WTH WTH......i can pulled my teddy bears head off from the body ord..... i am not saying that Jim is innocent, he plays a part too, but you cannot clap with just one hand, am i right! Geez.......

She does not even have to right to cry because Man Wah slapped her. Man Wah is the one that should be crying.....I hate Kah Lk cries everytime....haiz :thumbdown

Edited by witnap, 07 February 2012 - 04:08 AM.

#38 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9921 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:08 AM

Oww.......Every time Ron gets to meet Linda, and he is always stopped by Michael Tse. It's just a coincidence (in actual fact, I know TVB wanted to make it, in such a way that the audiences find it annoying). Pity Ron....

I just bored of Linda, in the sense like she is too sympathized by the audiences and they want to pity Linda character. But it didn't turn out to be that way. Joyce had done a great job...I love her dialogue and warnings towards Linda. :thumbsup

And it looks like every casts in the series have their own problems. I believe they will be slowly rectified till the end of the series.

#39 churchill1

churchill1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:06 PM

Slightly off topic but why is the title of this drama called "L'Escargot"? From what I know, it means snails in French. So what has it got anything to do with this drama??!! And on another note, the themesong is extremely irritating and horrid. Linda's voice is so annoying it's unbearable.

#40 bebeC

bebeC

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:02 PM

^ well, the original series, of which L'Escargot ripped off, is called "wor gui"- literally "snail home." it's possibly to do with the size of the homes (in the show), and how all people need their own homes, just like snails.

i think a lot of people have started disliking linda after this series (myself included) and now everything she does/says/sings sounds annoying!!