AF needs funding again

- - - - -

I'm soooooo F short and I hate myself so badly!

79 replies to this topic

#41 muddy

muddy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:31 AM

im short too! around 5"7 maybe a little shorter. i sure hope i can keep growing, i think my growth has slowed in the past 2 years.. but oh well, some things you cant change. i wear skinny jeans, and i notices it makes the bottom part of my body look longer, plus ive wearing boots and dress shoes and i think they have a 1 and half inch heel which adds some height. when i go out i look and feel like im average height.

just be more selective with what you wear :thumbsup

#42 Trish

Trish

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:37 AM

just be more selective with what you wear :thumbsup

i agree, what you wear has a great impact on your appearance, for example, short girls like me tend to wear slightly heeled shoes to gain even a 2inch of height.
stay away from wearing shirts that are way too loose, that goes for pants too :)

#43 Coralie

Coralie

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2402 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:59 AM

im short too! around 5"7 maybe a little shorter.

5'7 is not that short...just find a girl shorter than you...like 5'0-5'4. Plenty of these Asian girls around.

#44 muddy

muddy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:14 AM

5'7 is not that short...just find a girl shorter than you...like 5'0-5'4. Plenty of these Asian girls around.

yeah i know what you are saying, its ok, its not short enough to freak out over, but i mean compared to the white and black guys living here its actually pretty short.

#45 Coralie

Coralie

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2402 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:07 AM

yeah i know what you are saying, its ok, its not short enough to freak out over, but i mean compared to the white and black guys living here its actually pretty short.

Do the girls you like, like white and black guys? o_O If that's the case, then yeah, you have competition. But otherwise, white and black guys are a moot point.

#46 muddy

muddy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:01 AM

Do the girls you like, like white and black guys? o_O If that's the case, then yeah, you have competition. But otherwise, white and black guys are a moot point.

so youre saying that height issues is exclusively a girl issue? youre saying that i should only care about my height because of what girls think? and since when was 5"7 considered not short? its below average.

#47 Coralie

Coralie

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2402 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:07 PM

so youre saying that height issues is exclusively a girl issue? youre saying that i should only care about my height because of what girls think? and since when was 5"7 considered not short? its below average.

ah so you're competing with other guys then? it's not really below the average for Asian guys. iit really depends on who you're trying to impress. if no one but yourself, then who cares?

#48 muddy

muddy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:43 PM

ah so you're competing with other guys then? it's not really below the average for Asian guys. iit really depends on who you're trying to impress. if no one but yourself, then who cares?

no, im just telling you that the reason for wanting to be taller is not just restricted to caring about what girls think. and this is besides the point anyway.

#49 damyoungji

damyoungji

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:45 AM

162 cm? A bit on the shorter side for males, BUT there are others who are shorter out there.

Unfortunately, you cannot do much about your height, especially at your age. It is something you have to live with and you do not know that hating yourself is not going to change anything, right? You need to learn to ACCEPT. Everyone has their own flaws and unfortunately, this is one flaw [?] that cannot be change. I know you are never going to be happy with it, so either you try to accept it, or learn to not let it get to you.

#50 Guest_wellington_*

Guest_wellington_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:51 PM

hey man i'm asian too and i'm 1.83cm. height doesn't really matter. eg jason chen is the man and he's short :)

#51 Guest_Chiharu_*

Guest_Chiharu_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:11 AM

Teppei koike is only around 5 cm taller than you and he's a major cutie!!! You should watch Love Com...

Anyhoo, you sound so miserable when really its not that of a big deal. Don't be so hard on yourself, just be confident and positive - it will get you far.

Good luck

#52 kokopops

kokopops

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:19 PM

it's ok, no one is perfect. im a girl and im super duper short.
so im sure it's not that bad. just find a short cute girl out there
  • MichaelD likes this

#53 Hohenheim

Hohenheim

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1148 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:00 PM

I think I'm only 165cm if I'm not mistaken but there's no need to beat yourself just because you're short. I understand how you feel because people do call me short sometimes but humans are like that. You would be criticized as well if you reach 180cm like being called as giant or ugly and other negative things. Cheer up!

Edited by Skypiea-Sama, 30 October 2011 - 02:00 PM.

#54 YuukiLA~

YuukiLA~

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:53 AM

as long as you have a cool personality, everythings cool lol
if your short AND annoying, bad
so you cant do anything bout height but your personality can be great and im pretty sure girls will still fall for you lol

#55 kimdieptran

kimdieptran

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:34 AM

Don't hate yourself so badly, just play more basket ball , I knew some one who already 20 years old, after playing basket ball every week-end, for a short time, he can taller from 160-175cm until now he still playing basket ball. Try it, it may work.

#56 AsianShadow

AsianShadow

Shadow Warrior

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1691 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:11 AM

For your sake I seriously hope you're just a troll looking to get replies. . .

If not, all I can say is pick your sorry self up off the floor, and be proud of what you do look like, not what you don't. Sure, you might only be 162 centimeters, but hey, I know a lot of people who are 150 and below, so consider yourself lucky. To loathe yourself over something so small as 6 centimeters in height is pretty sad, quite frankly. What you need to do is take a good hard look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself how great you actually are, even if you don't believe it, and don't stop saying it until you start to believe it yourself. Height doesn't mean sh*t in this world, it's all about confidence.

Once you build your confidence up, and can you walk around without being self conscious all the time, you'll see very quickly that your height really doesn't matter to anyone but yourself. It's all about the personality. If you've got a confident exterior, most people can't help but admire you. And those that don't shouldn't even matter to you. Just be proud of who you are and flaunt what you've got.

Edited by AsianShadow, 09 November 2011 - 08:12 AM.

#57 HeTieShou

HeTieShou

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:16 AM

I don't think anyone here should feel bad about being short except for me. I am only 4' 10" and have always been a lot shorter than everyone in my class. I used to get picked on all the time but as I grew older, many people actually began to accept it and said that since I am an asian female that wasn't too bad. Some people actually said that they think I look cuter short but I am not sure about that... It really stinks to always have to reach for things and get buried in the crowd, but I got used to it. Luckily, not too many people discriminate against me for being short like in the past.. But some people still do...However, we have to learn to accept it since there is no way for any of us to get taller if we have passed our growth spurt.
  • MichaelD likes this

#58 MichaelD

MichaelD

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2089 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:54 PM

Don't hate yourself so badly, just play more basket ball , I knew some one who already 20 years old, after playing basket ball every week-end, for a short time, he can taller from 160-175cm until now he still playing basket ball. Try it, it may work.

:blink: Playing hoops does not make you taller your friend was not done growing yet.

Look it does not matter if your tall or short its what you are inside that counts ;)

Edited by mjdibatt, 09 November 2011 - 01:56 PM.

#59 Wonderful Wonderland

Wonderful Wonderland

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:18 PM

u can find sumone shorter than u. Not really a big prob.

#60 Guest_Donkey_*

Guest_Donkey_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:44 AM

If you hang out with midgets and dwarves you will be the tallest in your circle of friends.

You're an ass

#61 Guest_someone_*

Guest_someone_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:19 PM

well, I am Caucasian guy who is exactly 162 cm tall. And yes it makes you feel MISERABLE. there's really no way around it as far as I have seen. It's like a CURSE that maybe you can use to achive something unusual in your life to give it a little sense...

#62 Guest_someone_*

Guest_someone_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

For your sake I seriously hope you're just a troll looking to get replies. . .

If not, all I can say is pick your sorry self up off the floor, and be proud of what you do look like, not what you don't. Sure, you might only be 162 centimeters, but hey, I know a lot of people who are 150 and below, so consider yourself lucky. To loathe yourself over something so small as 6 centimeters in height is pretty sad, quite frankly. What you need to do is take a good hard look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself how great you actually are, even if you don't believe it, and don't stop saying it until you start to believe it yourself. Height doesn't mean sh*t in this world, it's all about confidence.

Once you build your confidence up, and can you walk around without being self conscious all the time, you'll see very quickly that your height really doesn't matter to anyone but yourself. It's all about the personality. If you've got a confident exterior, most people can't help but admire you. And those that don't shouldn't even matter to you. Just be proud of who you are and flaunt what you've got.

Well this made ME feel better but don't forget that those people who you said are 150 are most likely females. For a man to be under 5 foot 6 (around 167 168) is very very difficult to say the least

#63 Guest_ntdeffar dance,_*

Guest_ntdeffar dance,_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

me like shorty i hate those animal with two leg 6,5 tall and hairy. your on my side!

#64 Guest_nike21_*

Guest_nike21_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

Try vertical hanging, drink a lot of milk and water, eat healthy food only and you will 100% gain height.

#65 jandari

jandari

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:12 AM

There is still hope my friend..please go to this topic and
you will learn the impossible to the possible way of getting
taller....good luck!!

Grow Taller!

Started by [url="http://asianfanatics.net/forum/user/567698-danpak/"]danpak[/url], May 03 2012 08:19 AM

#66 Linnh

Linnh

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1662 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

OoO if I was That tall I would be happy My friend, You wanna know what short is? 154aka5'1 that's me honey, so You should be happy :)
  • MichaelD likes this

#67 MichaelD

MichaelD

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2089 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

Thats hot ;) ^^

#68 Guest_Creme_*

Guest_Creme_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:37 AM

Gaaahhhh switch heights with me! I'm a girl and yet already 170cm! ; A ;

#69 alay

alay

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:17 AM

Hi i grow 4cm in 5 weeks. If I do anyone can do .. I am 38 years old..

#70 SoLayy168

SoLayy168

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

You may have image issues. Perhaps society tells us that taller is more appealing or what not, but I`m not convinced. I`m the shortest in my entire family. I do my best not to let it get to me too much. I usually tell them that I just took after my grandma, which is a great thing because she`s an incredible business women. One of the most successful I`ve known. Some things are out of our control. Just be positive. Be confident. Smile at the world. Don't let anyone and I mean anyone make you feel less about yourself. Your opinion is what truly matters. Appreciate what you have not what you don't.

#71 Guest_Kourosh_*

Guest_Kourosh_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:29 PM

i was complaining about being 176-177cm. woow let it go bro 

#72 nomad 822

nomad 822

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1879 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:43 AM

So you may have a negative that you have no control over ... but there are probably also other positives you can focus on and enhance.

People may register the "short", but they will also think "what nice eyes", or what a pretty smile or he/she has a nice personality. There are many short people around who are brimming with personality, energy and confidence, that overshadows the fact they're short.

Chin up!

#73 Guest_Cody_*

Guest_Cody_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:39 PM

Can somebody gives us ideas on how to grow taller?

#74 Guest_sashein_*

Guest_sashein_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2014 - 01:56 PM

I'm 16..but I'm so damn short....
I'm just 154cm...I feel so shame...
Wat can I do ....can I grow taller...???

#75 Trish

Trish

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:21 PM

I'm 16..but I'm so damn short....
I'm just 154cm...I feel so shame...
Wat can I do ....can I grow taller...???

are you a guy or a girl? lol you're still fairly young in my opinion. If you're a girl, girls continue to grow till they're 18, some girls even shoot up after 18. If you'er a guy, just be patient, I've know a lot of guy friend who were shorter than me during elementary and high school days but becamse much much taller when they're puberty got activate. If you really want to take something or do something, then try drinking milk, sleeping early and doing some stretching that. Try to take some height enhancers too.

#76 eIaina

eIaina

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:46 AM

You could move to Asia lol. Here in N.A. I feel very short, but when I go back I feel very tall.. 

#77 Guest_Khan_*

Guest_Khan_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2015 - 01:39 AM

Hi my dear , i'm 5.2 i married with 6.7 tall girl , but in our culture girl don't see height , if you like to marry with tall girl , i will find for yu , then ur kids will be tall, thx don't be sad 

#78 Guest_carlite24_*

Guest_carlite24_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:37 PM

. i want to gain height because the girl i like is 165cm and im only 162 what should i do? im 19 and still hoping to grow . i dont still have hair under my armpit.

#79 appsmartvn

appsmartvn

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 03:35 AM

You care wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too much about what others think. Be happy that you are healthy and alive. There are people out there that are hungry and struggle to survive. Don't worry, I know where you are coming from. I am only 152.5 cm for a 21 years old woman. I know that it upsets me sometimes as well. Basically, what I am saying is that instead of thinking negatively about yourself, why don't you try to find something positively to think about? And maybe find hobby or something to do. Your true friends should not care about your height, they should care about you are who you are. Also, cf mobile I hate to say this, I know that you are probably more worried about attracting mate, after all, it's all about passing on the genes. But I believe that there is always somebody out there for somebody else. I wish you luck, and don't be too hard on yourself. biggrin.gif

Not much of a deal to worry about. 

#80 ferggiebrown

ferggiebrown

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:07 AM

Oh boy.. Don't ever think like that. Your parents are going to be so sad..

Just make lots of money. You can still be a super rich, even if you are short.

Money covers up everything. Cheer up.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users