AF needs funding again

- - - - -

I'm soooooo F short and I hate myself so badly!

79 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Stupid shorty_*

Guest_Stupid shorty_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:14 PM

I'm 19 year old and I'm only 162cm!!! I so f**k*ng hate myself!!!!!!!! I want to grow until 168cm but do I still have a chance? Oh my god! I hate myself whenever I see myself in the mirror!!!! All my friends are taller than me and I look like a midget!!!!!!! Sometimes, I feel ashamed of myself and I don't feel like going anywhere but staying in the room!!!

#2 wingwong

wingwong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:34 PM

I'm 19 year old and I'm only 162cm!!! I so f**k*ng hate myself!!!!!!!! I want to grow until 168cm but do I still have a chance? Oh my god! I hate myself whenever I see myself in the mirror!!!! All my friends are taller than me and I look like a midget!!!!!!! Sometimes, I feel ashamed of myself and I don't feel like going anywhere but staying in the room!!!

Are you a girl or a guy?
If you're a girl that's fine. I know shorter girls than that, at that age. Kind of makes them cute imo.

If you're a guy then deal with it. You should try and bulk up to make yourself appear bigger.

#3 MichaelD

MichaelD

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2089 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:33 PM

Well are you a M or F ?

#4 Guest_Stupid shorty_*

Guest_Stupid shorty_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:41 PM

I'm a guy and bulk up make myself completely an idiot that look like a king kong. I'm so embarrassed of myself and I feel like want to hit my head on wall!!!!!!!!

#5 Guest_Stupid shorty_*

Guest_Stupid shorty_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:45 PM

I'm realllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy sad. I thought I was 165cm tall. That was short too for a guy but I told myself it's fine and comforted myself. Today I just measured myself again and I found myself actually is only 162cm talll!!!!!!!!!! I feel hurt and feel like wanna to hurt myself too. I know I should be grateful because there are many people that are handicapped and bla bla bla but I'm still so f**k*ng hurt and sad and hate to see myself in the mirror.

#6 MichaelD

MichaelD

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2089 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:47 PM

Don't be so hard on yourself be happy that your alive & breathing and able to walk & talk. There are pleanty of girls that will like you for you.
  • jandari likes this

#7 Guest_Stupid shorty_*

Guest_Stupid shorty_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:54 PM

I don't think any girls will like a stupid shorty like me! I just got teased by people that even his gf is 170cm tall. I'm hopeless and girls like to tell my friends that I'm short behind me.

#8 MichaelD

MichaelD

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2089 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:04 PM

Then they are not your real friends you need to find some new ones. Now your calling yourself stupid ? Your too young to be beating yourself up like this. you have a long life a head of you try to have some fun & try to avoid the negative jerk offs that put you down.

#9 Guest_oli_*

Guest_oli_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:01 PM

im not exactly tall either, im 5"7-8 (174cm). short, but bearable. i found that slim/skinny DARK jeans make your legs look longer, plus theyre really flattering. dark grey or deep indigo jeans look freaking sexy on anybody. try to buy raw denims. after several months of wearing them, the color will fade according to your body shape (such as creases near the groin and knee areas), which i think makes my lower body look alot taller than it actually is!

for top, i suggest you avoid horizontal lines. as for shoes, its pretty obvious.

dont worry too much about your height man, nowadays society doesnt care too much about it. i understand that it might be a self-respect thing for you, but at the end of the day, we are what we are. we only have once choice if we want better days ahead of us, and that is to go forward. but if you dont care about anything i just said, and you still hate yourself, there is a surgiccal procedure to make your shins longer. expensive, painful, but youll find what youre looking for.

#10 katrie

katrie

Level 3 Elf Druid

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:17 PM

This has to be fake.

#11 MichaelD

MichaelD

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2089 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:35 PM

I thought so to but what the hell :)

#12 Guest_JJJ_*

Guest_JJJ_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:01 PM

This has to be fake.

Everything is fake to you. You think everyone's a troll or robot poster. Paranoid dude whats your problem :thumbdown
  • cinnamon_coffee likes this

#13 Guest_Stupid shorty_*

Guest_Stupid shorty_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:11 PM

im not exactly tall either, im 5"7-8 (174cm). short, but bearable. i found that slim/skinny DARK jeans make your legs look longer, plus theyre really flattering. dark grey or deep indigo jeans look freaking sexy on anybody. try to buy raw denims. after several months of wearing them, the color will fade according to your body shape (such as creases near the groin and knee areas), which i think makes my lower body look alot taller than it actually is!

for top, i suggest you avoid horizontal lines. as for shoes, its pretty obvious.

dont worry too much about your height man, nowadays society doesnt care too much about it. i understand that it might be a self-respect thing for you, but at the end of the day, we are what we are. we only have once choice if we want better days ahead of us, and that is to go forward. but if you dont care about anything i just said, and you still hate yourself, there is a surgiccal procedure to make your shins longer. expensive, painful, but youll find what youre looking for.

174cm is pretty tall for Asian standard. Imagine that I'm only 162cm. I feel very hurt because I used to 165cm. I always thought I was 165cm - 167cm and I felt very sad already. But I had accepted that as a truth. I comforted myself 165cm isn't really short and I may be 167cm tall because that was my last time measurement in school. Yesterday, I just decided to measure again to know my exact height. I didn't expect to be 162cm this f**k*ng short. I thought I was 165cm in minimum. It's like your right hand were crippled and you accepted it as a truth and get over it but now you're told that both hands are crippled. I'm freaking sad. Thanks for your suggestion, though. I don't think I'll go for surgery because that's fake. If i can accept to go for surgery, I think it wouldn't a problem for me to wear extended shoes but God and I will forever know that I'm just 162cm.

#14 Watermelon♥

Watermelon♥

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:12 PM

Im short too,i don't care what others think..people that talk behind your back aren't your friends
and yeah,im gonna say,be thankful for your life atleast..would you prefer to be a midget then?
midgets can still move on with their lives and even find partners...i dont see why u cant....

#15 Guest_Stupid shorty_*

Guest_Stupid shorty_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:18 PM

Im short too,i don't care what others think..people that talk behind your back aren't your friends
and yeah,im gonna say,be thankful for your life atleast..would you prefer to be a midget then?
midgets can still move on with their lives and even find partners...i dont see why u cant....

I don't know if people talk behind my back aren't my friends. If that so, are my aunties still my aunties because they told me that I'm short? Even my father did. I'm really f**k*ng sad of people telling me, 'Hey, you're short'. Like hell I don't know. People started calling me short since I was a young boy. 167cm is an average height for the male in my country. I kept telling myself, 'you're not bad. You're 165cm tall'. Just 2cm shorter and now is 5cm shorter.

#16 Coralie

Coralie

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2402 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:36 PM

My advice... height isn't really the main decision factor when girls choose boyfriends, husbands, etc. Work on your ambition. If you can't fix your exterior, you fix your interior.

Girls are attracted to security and men who focus on their life. Work your ass off, have a great sense of humor, stay humble but revel in yourself once in a while, treat girls right (i.e., spend an allocated amount of time/money on them), and height is pretty much a non-issue.

#17 Guest_Bluchoo_*

Guest_Bluchoo_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:53 AM

Measure your height in the morning! It varies from daytime and night time.

#18 reiyi

reiyi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5508 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:20 AM

174cm is pretty tall for Asian standard. Imagine that I'm only 162cm. I feel very hurt because I used to 165cm. I always thought I was 165cm - 167cm and I felt very sad already. But I had accepted that as a truth. I comforted myself 165cm isn't really short and I may be 167cm tall because that was my last time measurement in school. Yesterday, I just decided to measure again to know my exact height. I didn't expect to be 162cm this f**k*ng short. I thought I was 165cm in minimum. It's like your right hand were crippled and you accepted it as a truth and get over it but now you're told that both hands are crippled. I'm freaking sad. Thanks for your suggestion, though. I don't think I'll go for surgery because that's fake. If i can accept to go for surgery, I think it wouldn't a problem for me to wear extended shoes but God and I will forever know that I'm just 162cm.

Maybe the new measure device you use is faulty. Also, Bluchoo is correct. You height varies from daytime to night time. You are shorter at night and taller in the day.

I don't know if people talk behind my back aren't my friends. If that so, are my aunties still my aunties because they told me that I'm short? Even my father did. I'm really f**k*ng sad of people telling me, 'Hey, you're short'. Like hell I don't know. People started calling me short since I was a young boy. 167cm is an average height for the male in my country. I kept telling myself, 'you're not bad. You're 165cm tall'. Just 2cm shorter and now is 5cm shorter.

I feel bad for you that people keep telling you you are short all through your life. I can see how it erode your self-esteem. But, try to change the way you view yourself if you can. 5cm shorter than average is not a big deal.

Height really is not everything. Personality, looks, skills, talent, all can make a person attractive. Look at Wong Cho Lam. He's really short and not that handsome. But, he's successful in his career and he got a tall and gorgeous girlfriend.

Anyway, if you are really concern about your height. I have read about a certain shoe pad that you can put inside your shoes to wear. It's suppose to be able to make the wear grow taller.

Edited by reiyi, 11 August 2011 - 02:21 AM.

#19 donger

donger

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:15 AM

Why are you telling us this? What are we supposed to do? Deal with it, man.

#20 Guest_-_*

Guest_-_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:16 AM

-wear taller shoes
-shirts with vertical stripes make you look a bit taller
-dont wear clothes that are to big for you, but the right fit that make you look taller like smaller shirts and skinnier jeans, certain clothes make you look taller
-maybe spike your hair up a bit
-stretch
-walk with a straight back, height is lost in a slouch

other than that theres nothing you can do about it and its not that bad. you're only 6cm away from the height you want to be, its not even that much

maybe find some shorter friends so you dont feel as conscious?

I'm kinda short but not that short, I had a group of really tall friends, I didnt care although I had to look up a bit to talk to them. I dont hang around them anymore and have shorter friends, it does feel different talking to people more around the same height, but overall, not a big deal to me

Its nothing to hate yourself over. I'd rather go out than stay home just cos of your height, its not like you have a skin problem which is another typical reason people dont wanna go out for eg acne, skin rash etc.. my friend said her friend thinks height matters in guys, i dont think so, the face is more important (and ofcourse the personality^^). if anyone thinks you're short they would just look at you once, think that, and then think about other stuff. no one would stare at you the whole time just cos you're short, its not that special, loads of people are short, and it just looks normal

I think if you're tall you stick out in a group, and when you're short, you're more included. some tall people look lanky and walk with a slouch. when people take photos short people go in the front and tall people go at the back. I know tall people that wanna be shorter but thats impossible lol, but atleast short people have some hope of growing a bit. I like my height, I'd rather be short than tall

#21 SomeAsianDude

SomeAsianDude

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1393 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:08 AM

"When I was younger, definitely, I let it get to me. As an adolescent, I was bitter and angry and I definitely put up these walls. (<-- You, topic poster, thats where you are.) But the older you get, you realize you just have to have a sense of humor. You just know that it's not your problem. It's theirs."

~ Peter Dinklage (regarding his dwarfism).

#22 Guest_Stupid shorty_*

Guest_Stupid shorty_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:43 AM

Thank you so much for comforting me, Reiyi, Guest_-_* and SomeAsianDude.

I'm feeling better now. Just I couldn't accept I was 162cm tall yesterday. I had beaten myself on arms and head but I didn't grow a cm tall. I think I should do something better instead of hurting myself. Maybe I can eat a lot of cheese and strech myself and gain a little taller although it is not likely to happen. At least better than hurting myself.

#23 Guest_Stupid shorty_*

Guest_Stupid shorty_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:46 AM

Maybe the new measure device you use is faulty. Also, Bluchoo is correct. You height varies from daytime to night time. You are shorter at night and taller in the day.

I feel bad for you that people keep telling you you are short all through your life. I can see how it erode your self-esteem. But, try to change the way you view yourself if you can. 5cm shorter than average is not a big deal.

Height really is not everything. Personality, looks, skills, talent, all can make a person attractive. Look at Wong Cho Lam. He's really short and not that handsome. But, he's successful in his career and he got a tall and gorgeous girlfriend.

Anyway, if you are really concern about your height. I have read about a certain shoe pad that you can put inside your shoes to wear. It's suppose to be able to make the wear grow taller.

But many people are laughing Wong Cho Lam for his height but having a tall girlfriend. I know I can put shoe pad inside my shoes but isn't it fake? People don't know you may think you're that tall but those know you well will about it. It's also lying and isn't it more embarrassed when you're this short after taking off the shoes?

#24 Guest_Marine_*

Guest_Marine_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:07 AM

Stop whimpering, i got boys i went of afghan with that got both their legs blown off and now they are shorter than you.

#25 LEMONLOVEEE

LEMONLOVEEE

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:44 AM

Aw, don't be so hard on yourself! I think my boyfriend is around that height as well. :)

#26 reiyi

reiyi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5508 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:55 AM

But many people are laughing Wong Cho Lam for his height but having a tall girlfriend.

Well, he's still the one who has a gorgeous tall girlfriend.

#27 MichaelD

MichaelD

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2089 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:08 PM

Everything is fake to you. You think everyone's a troll or robot poster. Paranoid dude whats your problem :thumbdown

Actually she is a pretty cute girl if you looked at her profile :)
  • Beavercleaver likes this

#28 katrie

katrie

Level 3 Elf Druid

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:49 PM

I just can't believe that anyone would beat themselves up because of a 3 cm difference. It's not like you suddenly SHRUNK by 3 cm and everyone noticed. No one noticed anything at all because nothing changed. If anything, you have only yourself to blame, because YOU developed your mistaken 165 cm perception of yourself in the first place.

As for the height issue in general, well, you can't change your genetics and at 19, you're most likely done with your growth spurt. The only option you have left is to go on one of those torture beds where your arms and legs get chained in and they pull and stretch you. Painfully.*

Seriously, just get over it. People who tease you any more than gently about your height are assholes. Actually, if you develop a great sense of humour and confidence about it, if you can laugh at yourself, you'll make yourself a lot more attractive to others. Girls like funny guys who can laugh at themselves.

You may never be a great basketball player but I am sure you can still be accomplished in life.

Hey, remember Tom Cruise is pretty small and he scored someone like Katie Holmes. (Of course, they're both batsh-- crazy now.)

*Don't do this.

Edited by katrie, 12 August 2011 - 09:50 PM.

#29 smiles5433

smiles5433

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 01:43 AM

That's quite short! But hey look on the bright side, at least you're an Asian male that's that height. Cause if you were say Caucasian or something you'd probably be made fun of even more. I doubt you'll grow anymore since you're already 19, but maybe drinking a lot of milk will help?? The average height of a grown man in the US is like 5ft 8-10in. Even though you're short life is not all about appearances. At least you're one of those little people. I'm not that completely satisfied with my height either but I don't want to hurt myself because of it. I'm a 15 year old girl and I'm 5ft 6inches and wish I was just a tad bit taller. Life will go on

#30 Shun Takashi

Shun Takashi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:23 AM

i have a guy friend who is about you or a little smaller i think.
well he got over it. even with the bullying in HS.
its not really a bad thing, cause its what made him stand out.
he got gf who are taller than him and everyone is jealous actually. lol.
build up your character, cant do anything more with height.

#31 Guest_Stupid shorty_*

Guest_Stupid shorty_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2011 - 02:57 PM

Well, he's still the one who has a gorgeous tall girlfriend.

yes, but people laughing at him behind them. Besides that, how many wong cho lam in this world? Not many. I feel like I'm doomed because of my height. I feel like my life has been screwed up because of my height.

#32 Guest_Stupid shorty_*

Guest_Stupid shorty_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:00 PM

That's quite short! But hey look on the bright side, at least you're an Asian male that's that height. Cause if you were say Caucasian or something you'd probably be made fun of even more. I doubt you'll grow anymore since you're already 19, but maybe drinking a lot of milk will help?? The average height of a grown man in the US is like 5ft 8-10in. Even though you're short life is not all about appearances. At least you're one of those little people. I'm not that completely satisfied with my height either but I don't want to hurt myself because of it. I'm a 15 year old girl and I'm 5ft 6inches and wish I was just a tad bit taller. Life will go on

I'm not quite short but soooooooooooooooo effing short! I'm shorter than a 15 year old girl? OMG, i feel like want to hang myself, seriously.

#33 Guest_martina_*

Guest_martina_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:24 AM

f*ck man, i read all the sh*t that you wrote and all the sh*t that everyone else wrote and its hilarious. does complaining to a bunch of random internet users who dont give a f*ck make you feel better or something? like holy, no matter how much you yell and scream about how pissed and depressed you are about being short, nothing will ever change the fact that your short.

just say it. "i'm short". and leave it at that. how embarrassing, right? how f**ked up and deformed you are> how shitty your life must be. there. now leave it at that and move forward.

i was gonna write an inspiring quote, but i realized the only quote you need is, shut up and move along. no one sympathizes you, no one cares about your problems, cuz its not theirs. the only person whose truly on your team is yourself. so help yourself up, cuz no one else will.

#34 reiyi

reiyi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5508 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:57 AM

yes, but people laughing at him behind them.

So? He's still the one having a gorgeous girlfriend while people who are laughing at him probably don't.

Besides that, how many wong cho lam in this world? Not many. I feel like I'm doomed because of my height. I feel like my life has been screwed up because of my height.

If Wong Cho Lam keep telling himself, 'I'm so doomed because of my height', will he achieve what he has achieved now? Will he even dare to become a performing artist and let the world see his height? Will he dare to approach Leanne?
  • cinnamon_coffee likes this

#35 Guest_MissShorty_*

Guest_MissShorty_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:11 PM

You care wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too much about what others think. Be happy that you are healthy and alive. There are people out there that are hungry and struggle to survive. Don't worry, I know where you are coming from. I am only 152.5 cm for a 21 years old woman. I know that it upsets me sometimes as well. Basically, what I am saying is that instead of thinking negatively about yourself, why don't you try to find something positively to think about? And maybe find hobby or something to do. Your true friends should not care about your height, they should care about you are who you are. Also, I hate to say this, I know that you are probably more worried about attracting mate, after all, it's all about passing on the genes. But I believe that there is always somebody out there for somebody else. I wish you luck, and don't be too hard on yourself. :D

#36 A-Hayl

A-Hayl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:25 PM

I'm 173 cm and that's an average size, I've seen taller people and shorter people. Not much of a deal to worry about.

Edited by A-Hayl, 04 September 2011 - 10:26 PM.

#37 Guest_LovelyLie_*

Guest_LovelyLie_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:56 PM

I am around 170cm I do not even notice if people are not under 152cm.... I feel shorter than people who are actually shorter than me :blink:

#38 purecallisto

purecallisto

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:49 AM

Oh... well, growing height usually stops around, what, 16. And you should be grateful, really. There's a guy 6 years older than me and he's about five inches shorter. Better him then you, hm? Anyway, you shouldn't hate yourself over height alone. Many girls would just like a guy regarding personality, not height.

#39 Guest_etc.] evaiali_*

Guest_etc.] evaiali_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:12 PM

If you hang out with midgets and dwarves you will be the tallest in your circle of friends.

#40 Trish

Trish

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:09 AM

it is short for a guy, but it also depends on what country you're at

anyways, it's really okay to be short. think about the bright side instead of bothering for something that you couldn't change, use it to your advantage, many things that can be done by those who lack height can't be done by those who have them. for example, when someone throws something, tall guys can't evade them so easily than short ones, and short ones have more speed because their body weight is much lighter. think about it, you shouldn't be ashamed because of just your height, you can do lots of things or even do them better with your height.

Reply to this topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users