2009 replies to this topic

#81 greenhotchilipeper

greenhotchilipeper

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:29 PM

my opinion about the truth after 2 promotion clip release quite disappointed due to less on screen time of Tavia, found that tvb want to focus Ruco and Ray more than her. As we know Tavia was a leading female of The other Truth, but now, we barely seeing her action on the clip, i hope i wrong, so wait for the next prom.

#82 sweetieyuki

sweetieyuki

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3179 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:53 PM

^ I hope Tavia has a trailer exclusive for her screentime :yeah I'm afraid too maybe cos her resent series she has less screentime as the main but before the series air I wont say anything :innocent I luv Ruco and Ray too but I luv Tavia most so hope TVB wont be unfair again <_<

I successfully made my own weibo today!! :yeah now dun have to trouble my friend anymore to look at weibo anymore!! :yeah and I add Tavia first! clapclap

#83 classic

classic

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:27 PM

my opinion about the truth after 2 promotion clip release quite disappointed due to less on screen time of Tavia, found that tvb want to focus Ruco and Ray more than her. As we know Tavia was a leading female of The other Truth, but now, we barely seeing her action on the clip, i hope i wrong, so wait for the next prom.

Tavia didnt say much in the 1st clip and the 2nd clip was about Ruco because she is sick and her voice is weak so that she couldnt record her voice.
dont worry, from Insider news, TVB has a lot of trust in this series, hence they dont care if it is compared to GJ ( marketing theory, isnt it?)

#84 sweetieyuki

sweetieyuki

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3179 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:05 PM

dont worry, from Insider news, TVB has a lot of trust in this series, hence they dont care if it is compared to GJ ( marketing theory, isnt it?)

who's insider? but I hope this is true about TOT :thumbsup u're rite comparison wif GJ can be treated as marketing gimmick! :yeah

whatever it is nothing stop Tavia from looking fabulous from the sneak peeks that we saw of TOT so far! :iloveyou: i luv professional looking Tavia!! :thumbsup

#85 tvbauntie

tvbauntie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1455 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:05 PM

dvd123 - Thanks for a great "Tavia part 7"! I know it's not easy work.....

It's great to know that Tavia has been nominated for Century award....... Yup,she may not win but been nominated alone is indeed a great feat.

I'm looking forward to The Other Truth and also to Tavia pairing with Kenneth in 36hrs on call......love lawyer and medical series. I'm hoping it's a Tavia/Ruco pairing with a happy ending....Ruco is very handsome in TOT. Kenneth and Tavia look great too during the recent tvb promo......they make a great couple too.

#86 Azentia

Azentia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:06 PM

this is something everyone will eventually notice but Ghetto Justice, though a lighter drama, has a pessimistic and cynical portrayal of professionals and their ethics, which doesn't strike a chord with everyone(esp the ppl they are talking about) whereas The Other Truth though a darker drama, seems to have a more righteous, optimistic view of ethics and justice(the way it should be as its representative image for these very influential groups.) when kids grow up, many aspire to be a lawyer or police woman. its not a good idea to paint a negative or parodic picture on those professions. anyway, i've got confidence that TOT will stand out on its own. the actors in it are the ones i want to watch anyway.

#87 dvd123

dvd123

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1370 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:44 AM

^ That's a nice observation, Azentia.
I think the 2 series shows different perspectives towards the justice system, but at the end, justice will most likely prevail. The Other Truth will probably revolve around the court more, especially since almost all of the main cast are lawyers of some sort.

Thanks classic. I was guessing that Tavia didn't say anything in the 1st promo clip either because she was sick or it might not sound as nice with three guys and only one girl talking, simultaneously. It's nice to hear TVB has trust for the series, but I don't know if I can trust TVB, lol. Comparision is inevitable though.

Thanks tvbauntie!

A little excerpt in Sharon's magazine article that mentions Tavia:

Then following those thoughts, I was worried my mom wouldn't have money for rent, my younger brother won't have money to pay for his school tuition. Once I started worrying, I started to cry nonstop. Luckily my friends and colleagues sent me text messages, expressing their hope to visit me. However, besides my very close friends like Christine Ng and Tavia Yeung, I really didn't want to see anyone."

Read more here: http://asianuniverse...en_t285536.html
Source: Wenweipo
Translated by: aZnangel @http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

I'm probably too sensitive or paranoid, but reading Sharon's inside story of her dealing with her illnesses reminds me of Tavia. Like this part: I am a workaholic. In the past 10 years, I have not taken a break before. Perhaps my body already gave me a warning long ago, telling me to rest, but I didn't pay attention to it, so all the illness just comes out all at once."

Neck problem, going to the doctor, workaholic. I hope something similar doesn't happen to Tavia and she doesn't let all her illnesses catch up to her...

And the gap in the number in votes for the Century award is not so bad. Huang Xiao Ming is currently leading now. Tavia in third. Have to admit, I think Tavia has the nicest photo of the 5, quite photogenic and glowing.

Edited by dvd123, 15 June 2011 - 08:57 PM.

#88 tvchaser

tvchaser

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:54 AM

Thanks DVD 123 for resourses. Third place is quite good rate.

I feel pity TVB artist that have to work with hertic sceduale making them easily fall sick. Good to hear c the support many of good friend n producer lau ka ho in Tavia weibo.

#89 SwTaZnLayDee

SwTaZnLayDee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:34 AM

Posted Image

#90 dvd123

dvd123

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1370 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:48 PM

Love the poster for The Other Truth; everyone looks so nice. Also like Tavia's facial expression, with the sternness and austereness.

Pretty picture of Tavia with Sharon and Mui Siu Ching
Posted Image

Tavia and Sharon
Posted Image

#91 dvd123

dvd123

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1370 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:33 PM

^ Wanted to say, Mui Siu Ching looks so small in between Sharon and Tavia. Haha. And Sharon and Tavia kinda look alike in that photo.

The 3rd promo clip is out, featuring Tavia. :D

http://www.56.com/u9...jEyNzg4Nzk.html

Posted Image

Credits to: tavia.org

Like Tavia's placidity. Looks like Tavia's in charge of Aimee's case. I'm wondering if these clips are revealing a bit too much about the cases, but the series is case-oriented so what else are they suppose to focus on.

Edited by dvd123, 15 June 2011 - 08:34 PM.

#92 SwTaZnLayDee

SwTaZnLayDee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:45 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#93 dvd123

dvd123

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1370 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:37 AM

It looks like Royal Harem might be airing soon? Looking forward to see the chemistry between Tavia and the emperor.

The costume fitting for 36 Hours on Call is said to be next week on June 21st, tentatively with 25 episodes.

Posted Image

#94 Azentia

Azentia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:22 AM

really liking TOT newer poster also. just watching her clip just makes me very proud of Tavia and to see her in this role. i feel like it could be one of her most inspiring to date, being someone with very strong vision for justice. im already loving the expressions i see from her. counting down the days til we can see her full performance. watching her in all kinds of roles, from classic ancient to modern, Tavia has the best set of acting skills an actress could have at this pt. this kind of professional role that fights for it could not come at a better time. we know what her acting can do for it. fully support THE OTHER TRUTH.

to 0ocluelesso0, agreed. i never get tired of watching Tavia and i feel the audience wouldn't either because Tavia brings something different to the table everytime. she is just so full of care and preparation in her performances like no other. the more i watch, the more i can't get enough.

#95 tvchaser

tvchaser

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:58 PM

when c tavia tvb blog, her rating drop until 26 make me uneasy feel. Maybe bcause the blog did not update recently, When the mystery of love is air, Tavia gain 1 position over month if i not mistaken. Whatever so, the rating is not important.

It realy make me feel funny c sharon n tavia making some monkey face :lmao: . Both of them can be very close swarn sister together with christine.

Posted Image

Tavia mumbling that when she wan to start her filming it raining n ask was god dislike her. Miu Siu ching wrote that the God actualy threat her very good and i agree because Tavia very lucky as she has many family, friend, fans and supporters always by her side in her need.

Edited by tvchaser, 16 June 2011 - 02:59 PM.

#96 SwTaZnLayDee

SwTaZnLayDee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:47 AM

Posted Image

#97 greenhotchilipeper

greenhotchilipeper

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:19 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

RuTa is a very cute couple

#98 dvd123

dvd123

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1370 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:02 PM

Love the promotional photoshoot pictures with Ruco and Tavia! They look so nice; Ruco looks handsome. Haha, I have the urge to call them TaCo. :lol: Not sure how their relationship is like in The Other Truth, but in these pictures, they give off a flirty yet casual feel. I'm guessing this is the pairing?

On the other hand, not liking Tavia's solo pic so much. I'm not too fond of her outfit, and in that one you can see the full view of it. Her top is a bit too long and loose/baggy that it makes her look shorter than she is, even with the heels.

Posted Image

Tavia posted pictures of her wearing watches.
I think in this one, you can see that Tavia put a too much powder on.
Posted Image
I like this one better
Posted Image

The synopsis for The Other Truth
Does every verdict reveal the truth? Watch the court room drama unfold as a group of very individual attorneys are brought together in complex legal proceedings and each lawyer reveals their own story.

Barrister LAU SZ-KIT's (Chan Chin Pang) ambition knows no limits. He will do everything he can in order to win a case, even if it means putting himself at risk.

His good friend CHEUK SIU-HIM (Wong Ho Yin) runs a law firm. Although HIM is a qualified barrister, he, has no court experience, until HONG CHI-YAN (Tavia Yeung) joins his firm. Thereafter, HIM's debut meets with loud acclaim.

Their good friend WAI MAN-HON (Yuen Shiu Cheung) is a down-on-his-luck lawyer who is financially dependent on his mother: but when a thorny case comes his way, it looks as if his luck has finally changed…

Credits to: astro.com.my - The Other Truth 真相

Edited by dvd123, 17 June 2011 - 03:59 PM.

#99 dvd123

dvd123

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1370 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:01 PM

Here's another one posted by Tavia.
This one feels more dreamy. xD I think I like this one better than the other black & white one. It feels more natural.

Posted Image

Edited by dvd123, 17 June 2011 - 05:02 PM.

#100 tvbauntie

tvbauntie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1455 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:53 PM

Very nice Tavia/Ruco pictures.....pretty Tavia and handsome Ruco. I also like Ruco's look in TOT.......he looks handsome with glasses. Really hope that it will be a Tavia/Ruco happy ending. Was disappointed that Taro did not end up together in YSSS.

#101 Azentia

Azentia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:32 PM

i wish they put both Ruco and Raymond W. in the together pics with Tavia. from synopsis, kinda leaning towards Raymond's character more. Tavia seems to be pretty influential factor for his change. aw, i might end up rooting for Raymond and Tavia instead even though i like Ruco also. Raymond Wong's character reminds me of Ron's in YSSS, the one everyone might like to end up with Tavia.

hope Royal Harem is a big hit in Mainland when it airs also.

#102 EJvictorian

EJvictorian

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1112 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:31 PM

Thanks for sharing all of the wonderful pictures! I adore all of it. Ruco is soo cute. ^ - ^ He was one of my favorite from ATV. I'm so Happy for Tavia to be able to collaborate with new people. She got the upperhand on that and it's pretty good actually. I just hope that the series would make me continue watching it. I don't want it to only be Tavia who will make me continue watching TVB series anymore. That would pull out all the fun of series.

I'm anticipating for all of her series. HOping it would be out ASAP!!

#103 SwTaZnLayDee

SwTaZnLayDee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:42 PM

Posted Image

#104 Azentia

Azentia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:35 PM

hope The Other Truth continues this streak and land a good spot in ratings to show ppl that whether a person has one more or one less show, if they have an audience that will keep tuning in, then there is nothing anyone could say negatively about it. i have no idea why some care about what span of time it was aired, as i know they aren't watching anyway, second, not everybody will see this drama at the same time. some watch it now, some watch it later. does it bear any relevance?

#105 sweetieyuki

sweetieyuki

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3179 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 01:19 PM

Omfg thanks for posting those pix!! :iloveyou: I'm beginning to love Ruco and Tavia pairing more and more!! :thumbsup Luv the black and white pix the most! :thumbsup :iloveyou:

Yup agree wud be better if they put Tavia wif Raymond W. too <_<

#106 dvd123

dvd123

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1370 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:16 PM

Scans for The Other Truth from TVB Weekly 730

http://i1109.photobu...82011_00001.jpg
http://ww4.sinaimg.c...dibd6h55exj.jpg
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
http://i1109.photobu...82011_00009.jpg

Credits to: peonywu @ tavia.org

I'm surprised that Tavia's character in The Other Truth has been married and divorced before. And her ex-husband seems to be a foreigner named Michael. She seems young to have been married before, makes her character more interesting, though the series probably won't dwell on it much.

Edited by dvd123, 18 June 2011 - 03:17 PM.

#107 EJvictorian

EJvictorian

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1112 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:13 PM

I love the picture in the magazine with her wearing the white color and black pants. She looked spectacular and "cool" in it. I'm soo anticipated to watch this series!! ^ - ^

#108 zacyreen

zacyreen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:07 PM

http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/66db9a0cjw1di7twn7jm8j.jpg

Is this the official poster for this series?
I like Tavia expression here. She look so pretty and cool.

Edited by ~*~Marz~*~, 20 June 2011 - 04:12 PM.
Removed img tags when quoting please. Thankz.

#109 dvd123

dvd123

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1370 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:27 PM

Another Ruco and Tavia picture! This one looks a bit more somber though. I wonder if the mood of the photos reflect what their relationship in The Other Truth is going to be like...

Posted Image

And Happy Father's Day everyone!
From Tavia:
Posted Image

#110 tvbauntie

tvbauntie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1455 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:51 PM

I've questions as I don't know chinese. Looking at the relationship chart and arrows.........Raymond likes Tavia? Nathalie likes Ruco? Also it has never been mentioned who Tavia likes.....Tavia and Ruco have feelings for each other? Anyone? Thanks!

#111 FantasyMania

FantasyMania

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7002 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:50 PM

How about Kenneth? Tavia or Natalie?

#112 dvd123

dvd123

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1370 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:17 PM

tvbauntie & FantasyMania:
Yeah, Raymond likes Tavia, and Natalie like Ruco and admires him. There is a love triangle between Ruco-Tavia-Raymond. Tavia was supposed to have a love-line with Kenneth, but the storyline changed to Kenneth & Natalie. On the other hand, I don't know who Tavia likes; I'm assuming Ruco, I guess?

Edited by dvd123, 19 June 2011 - 06:18 PM.

#113 SwTaZnLayDee

SwTaZnLayDee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:42 PM

Posted Image

#114 FantasyMania

FantasyMania

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7002 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:07 PM

Tavia and Kenneth has 2 new series so that seems correct, so yes that's sounds right, we don't want to see too much kenvia. Thanks DVD123.

Edited by FantasyMania, 19 June 2011 - 10:35 PM.

#115 dvd123

dvd123

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1370 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:25 AM

^ No probs. :D

I'm kinda surprised Tavia's still filming 3 Kingdoms. I hope 3 Kingdoms will wrap up soon, since 36 Hours on Call is having a costume fitting in a couple of days and will start filming. Don't want to see Tavia juggling two series at once.

Posted Image

#116 greenhotchilipeper

greenhotchilipeper

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:19 AM

dvd: don't worry girl, 3K will finish the end of this month, so Tavia will have time for on call 36, tomorrow is coustume fitting, we will figure out all the cast of this series, can't wait to see,

now i keen on Tavia in a supper housewive, after seeing she was in lawyer,teacher,policewoman and doctor, i want to see her in modern series in a shape of supper house _wive , who will support and turn out fighting for her family, it could be great.

#117 sandalls

sandalls

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1975 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:20 PM

haven't been at this thread for a while!! how is everyone??? I guess everyone can't wait for photos of the costume fitting of "On-Call for 36 Hours" tomorrow!! the full cast list is now revealed.. full cast list can be read here.. http://passthehorizon.blogspot.com/

Three Kingdoms should be wrapping up filming very soon (in the next couple of days) because cast member Leung Ka Ki just finished all her scenes today, hopefully Tavia will be finished this week!! I loveeee all the Ruco-Tavia pictures, they are pretty cute together!! I can't wait for "The Other Truth", not long to go now!! Kenneth and Tavia loveeee tomorrow!! hehehehe stay tuned!!

#118 tvchaser

tvchaser

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:52 PM

many funny post written by tavia , christine n their friend in Tavia weibo. I feel of love to re -read Tavia weibo. Very hilarious people they all. Tavia change her weibo profile picture

she so elegant n more mature style in that picture but poor thing i cant post it.

#119 tvbauntie

tvbauntie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1455 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:17 PM

dvd123 - Thanks. Do you know mandarin? Am hoping you can translate Tavia/Ruco's relationship.....the words on the realationship chart. Notice the arrows between Tavia and Ruco goes both ways.

#120 dvd123

dvd123

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1370 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:48 PM

^ tvbauntie: Unfortunately, I don't. What I know is prior information.

The theme video for The Other Truth
http://www.tudou.com...iew/bi_licexCh8

Posted Image

Credits to: fatpeg888 @ tavia.org

Edited by dvd123, 20 June 2011 - 05:49 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tavia yeung

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users