Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52591 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 12:20 AM

Jessica Hsuan's Pearl Necklace Captivates Louis Koo's Gaze

Saturday May 5, 2018 Hong Kong

Credits: to hyn5 @ http://hyn5-hyn5.blogspot.com

Louis Koo, Jessica Hsuan, Ali Lee, Lin Xia Wei, Eileen Tung, Ankie Beilke, Lily Li, et al. attended the 'MIKIMOTO 125th Anniversary High Jewellery Exhibition' event. Buddies Louis and Jessica immediately took jabs at each other upon seeing one another. Seeing that Jessica had a large necklace in front of her chest, Louis initially made flattering remarks, praising the necklace as being 'big and pretty', and also did not forget to praise Jessica as being thin and pretty, which made her happy; however, before long, he said that he has been ordered to look at Jessica's chest this time because the target (necklace) is too big, which put Jessica in between laughter and tears, laughingly saying that she received Louis' praise in the past, but his tone was as fake as now.

Jessica wore a pearl necklace from the brand's 'Praise to Nature' high jewellery collection, which was worth $8 million HKD. Louis immediately swallowed but was teased by Jessica, "These are very little for you. Consider that you dropped it! I want Louis to give me the pin that he is wearing. Also happy with gravel. It's the thought that counts".

'Best Actor' Tells Partner to Teach About Acting

When it was mentioned that the two would be filming a movie, Jessica expressed that she would be joining the team after she returns to Hong Kong from her vacation. Would she be nervous collaborating with Louis, who has become a 'Best Actor'? She said, "Not caring about him! Have known [him] for so many years. Will tell him to teach me about acting then. His movie experience is more than mine. I have filmed more television. Luckily, there are no rough scenes this time because I am scared of getting injured. While filming a dangerous acting scene in Mainland, I would be holding a horse, rabbit, and tiger jade pendant in my hand. This year, my sign conflicts with the Tai Sui of the year. Have greater peace of mind wearing it".

Regarding Louis being reported as having a new sweetheart, he answered as always, "Not the truth, so not responding. I also want to know when I'll have one". After hearing this, Jessica immediately teased him, "This is not a new sweetheart but a former love". Louis said helplessly, "Not going to bother with you!"

#482 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52591 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 11:01 PM

Louis Koo Startles Jessica Hsuan with Violent Acting

Sunday July 1, 2018 Hong Kong

Artistes Louis Koo, Louis Cheung, Jessica Hsuan, Annie Liu, Fiona Sit, Andy On, et al. appeared at Fo Tan to attend the blessing ceremony of Director Fung Chih Chiang's new film, "A Witness Out of the Blue".

In the movie, Louis [Koo] and Jessica play a pair that is neither friendly nor aloof. Jessica is challenging her acting again, playing a visually impaired person. She laughingly said that she was startled by the script: "It talks about him being violent toward me before we are together. Hope that, after ten-plus years, Louis [Koo] knows how to hold back his strength. (You were previously injured by him?) No. It's just that we were both very immersed. Did not know how to hold back. I used real strength...just afraid of injuring my partner. (Have intimate scenes in the movie?) Leaving these for filming a sequel".

Louis [Koo], who plays a criminal in the movie, uses a machine gun to rob a jewellery story. He expressed, "Sealed the street downtown to film. We want to film a solid police movie. (No prop money involved during filming?) Did not explain it because it starts off with me having already killed the cop".

#483 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52591 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 11:38 PM

Celebrating Birthday with an Expressionless Face, Jessica Hsuan Says That She Is Giving This Thing to Louis Koo...

Saturday October 13, 2018 Hong Kong

Artistes Louis Koo and Jessica Hsuan both attended an event. When it was mentioned that the 21st is Louis' birthday, he revealed that, on the day of his birthday, he would definitely be having dinner and cutting cake to celebrate with his family at home, and he laughingly said, "Would cut cake every year, and then take an expressionless family photo...has been like this since being handheld when I was young to now. Would automatically be expressionless once we take our positions". After saying this, he immediately laughed himself to tears. He continued, "My mom would cook the foods that I like every year. Want it to be auspicious for birthdays, so [she] would make black moss and dried oysters and poached chicken. (New Year's dishes?) Yes. Would celebrate it like New Year's. Isn't it funny? (What birthday wishes do you have?) Must be in good health in order to sit together and take an expressionless photo. Got used to it after taking it for so many years...have been taking it since using film to now. Did put the photos in a photo album...some even turned yellow. (Passing it down from generation to generation?) Like the Addams family".

Had Hot Pot Alone

Louis expressed that he would be celebrating with his friends before and after his birthday, but Jessica expressed that she would not be in Hong Kong during that time, so she would not be able to celebrate his birthday with him: "I am going on a vacation. It's like that when you are so late in asking". She said that she gave Louis a gift last year, and even asked Louis if he remembered. Louis laughingly said, "If I had to remember everyone's gift, wouldn't I be very busy? However, I remember you giving me a stove...very pretty. I used it once...had hot pot alone because, that time, [I] treated everyone after filming, and there were a lot of leftovers. I packed it home and had hot pot". Jessica immediately laughingly said that she would give Louis a pot this year: "Give an expressionless pot to you, and stick your face on it".

Happy to See Newcomers Joining the Industry

In addition, regarding the government allocating one billion to the film industry, Louis said that, in recent years, the film industry has had the addition of newcomers joining the industry, whether they are in front of camera or behind the scenes: "Especially behind the scenes, such as for lighting, which is so labourious, but there are also girls joining the industry. Actually, many people want to take part, but there is no way of doing it. It is a good thing that the government is willing to provide financial aid and encouragement. Step by step, and have more training courses".

#484 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52591 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 02:12 AM

"The Four" Reunites to Celebrate Golden Producer Poon Ka Tak's 70th Birthday

Monday October 15, 2018 Hong Kong

Last night, TVB golden producer Poon Ka Tak held a 70th birthday and retirement banquet. There were 35 tables, and the gifts were donated to charity. Poon has produced many popular series, including "Triumph in the Skies", "The Hippocratic Crush", the "Detective Investigation Files" series, "Untraceable Evidence", etc. He gave newcomers an opportunity to perform, making many siu sangs and fa dans popular. Last night, former and current TVB siu sangs and fa dans, including Louis Koo, Jessica Hsuan, Raymond Lam, Ron Ng, Kenneth Ma, Liza Wang, Myolie Wu, Hacken Lee, Sammul Chan, Edmond Leung, Michael Tse, Tavia Yeung, Him Law, Jason Chan and wife Sarah Song, et al., as well as Poon's classmates from the TVB's 4th Training Class, Johnnie To, Samson Lai, et al., were in attendance. Surrounded by many stars, the lineup was stronger than the anniversary.

Louis Koo Arrives to Celebration with Jessica Hsuan

Louis and Jessica collaborated in Poon's 1999 production "Detective IV". In the series, because of Anne Heung, Louis was unable to become a pair with Jessica in the end. Last night, when Poon was on stage, he humourously pulled the two up to personally explain. Poon said, "He (Louis) asked me why I had to break the two of them apart. The plot had to be like that. Although that Anne was not pretty, she became crippled because of you...certainly needed you to take care of her for life, right?" Laughter burst out on and off the stage. Jessica expressed that she collaborated with Poon many times; the most memorable was "Detective IV"; back then, she became TV queen because of this series. She said that Poon is willing to use newcomers and is easygoing and straightforward toward people. She laughingly said, "He said that my mouth was too big, and that I should not open my mouth so wide when I laugh. He speaks very straightforwardly".

Tavia Yeung Sticks to Kenneth Ma, Him Law Pretends to Be Jealous

Tavia and husband Him went to the celebration together. "Hippocratic" is the work that brought them together, the two developing a romance and then becoming a married couple. Tavia calls Poon 'Dad'; their collaborations have a lot of unforgettable memories. Him said that "Hippocratic" brought him an award and a good wife. Tavia was even more grateful that, when she was a newcomer back then, she was given an opportunity by him to film "Eternal Happiness". In "Hippocratic", Tavia and Kenneth are actually a pair; last night, when the three were at the same place, Tavia took pictures with Kenneth, and Him pretended to be jealous, commenting, "You guys act as if there was no one else present; how can I endure this".

At the banquet, apart from the gathering of the "Street Fighters" combination, Hacken and Edmond, there was also 2008's "The Four", Raymond, Kenneth, Ron, and Sammul. Although this series was not produced by Poon, it was a rare occasion for them to be in the same place and to take pictures with each other. Raymond also shared a picture to reminisce with fans.

#485 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52591 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 12:33 AM

Louis Koo Wins 'My Favourite Male Singer', Sings "Boyfriend"

Saturday January 5, 2019 Hong Kong

When presenting 'My Favourite Male Singer', Jan Lamb announced that it was Louis Koo! Louis walked out from the side of the stage; everyone screamed, and all the singers stood up! Louis laughingly said on stage, "I really like to sing but don't know how to sing. Very odd. A miracle appeared. Walking up to this stage and winning this award, really have nothing to say". He continued, "Thank you to the people who voted. You guys do not have to stand up...as though I am winning a 'Lifetime Achievement Award'. 'My Favourite' is not attained overnight. What everyone likes the most is not my song. Last year, I became the president of the [Hong Kong] Performing Artistes Guild. The first responsibility was wanting to help the music industry and using the rest of [my] time to eat with singers and understand the music industry's changes and difficulties. However, their fire has never been put out. I am very happy. As a newcomer, must remember that dreams, every day and every moment, should not be forgotten. Whether you succeed or not, have to lose out as a person. Remember that trying is already the half of success".

Afterward, he laughingly said that he and Jan had to bring up the atmosphere. Jan told him to sing; Louis said that he would sing, and then later told Joey Yung, Kay Tse, Hins Cheung, and Juno Mak to come up to the stage. They told him to sing 《今期流行》, but he said that would be singing a gentler song, and then [he] started the key to sing 《男朋友》; everyone cheered.

#486 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52591 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 02:38 AM

Competed with Nick Cheung for Music Industry's Newcomer Award, Louis Koo: 'Want to Take Part in an Athletic Contest'

Monday January 7, 2019 Hong Kong

'Movie King' and 'TV King' Louis Koo won CRHK's viewer-voted 'My Favourite Male Singer' earlier, becoming the entertainment industry's first 'grand slam' person to dominate the music, film, and television industries. Francis Ng revealed that, back then, Louis and Nick Cheung competed for the newcomer award; the latter said that he does not have the ability to challenge a grand slam, and would be focusing on his posts as a director and an actor. Francis laughingly said that the music industry is tolerant of people, but it cannot become random; thus, [he] does not dare to randomly make a charge again.

The new movie "Line Walker 2", starring Nick, Louis, and Francis, was filming in Kwun Tong. Louis, who was in a good mood, expressed being very happy after receiving the 'My Favourite Male Singer' award, but [he] has been busy filming, so [he] has not had the time to celebrate. Earlier, [he] only received a cake when there was a meeting for the Performing Artistes Guild. It is said that he seemed to have cursed when he was on awards presentation stage; Louis laughingly said, "No comment". Are there any plans to return to the music industry in the coming year? He said, "I want to take part in a 13-event athletic contest!" Joey Yung wants to compose a song for him to support him in becoming a dance singer? After hearing this, Louis said 'ha' and then said, "Filming movies first! Have to film two movies during this period of time. 'A Step into the Past' will begin filming soon".

Advance Payment for Lo Hoi Pang's Surgery Fee, Louis Koo Not Willing to Say More

Lo Hoi Pang was admitted to the hospital for surgery earlier. It is said that Louis advance paid the $200,000 bill, and has been praised for being affectionate and loyal. Louis was not willing to say more: "It's okay! I have no comment". Regarding Ringo Lam's death, he revealed that his family wants to have a low-key funeral. Later, Johnnie To is responsible for Director Lam's memorial service. If needed, the Performing Artistes Guild will be providing assistance...waiting for Johnnie to announce the details. Louis said seriously, "Director Lam and I have known each other for 20-plus years. Collaborated a lot in the '90s. He left too suddenly. Have not been able to accept it in such a short time. Have to slowly adapt".

The Performing Artistes Guild Holding a Charity Fundraising Party at the End of March

It is said that, after Louis became the president of the Performing Artistes Guild, there is the intention of holding a fundraising event in March, as well as holding a music awards presentation with recognition for the music industry. Louis said that there was no comment at the time...will talk about it again when the time comes. However, recently, [he] has assisted singers with doing street performances, and has come to understand that there have been problems with the venues and the performance methods...will gradually find the perfect way to help them. He admitted that the Performing Artistes Guild will be holding a fundraising party on March 30th...will be in the format of a stage. Hope to raise as much as possible to help those in the industry in need and do charity. It was suggested that he perform last to raise funds, completing the second half of his song, 《男朋友》, that he did not sing on the CRHK stage. Louis laughingly said, "The performance segment will be mainly new singers. (Your singing is missed by netizens?) Thank you!" When it was mentioned that he and Nick had competed for the newcomer award in the same year in 2000, he said in surprise, "Really? I don't remember. Have even forgotten the newcomer awards that I have gotten".

Francis Ng Suggests Dueting a 'Hehe' Version of "Boyfriend"

Regarding Louis Koo becoming a grand slam in the entertainment industry, Francis humourously said, "So good! The music industry is very tolerant. Created a lot of noise". Will you challenge Louis? He proudly said that he previously received good results in the music industry: "Gallen Lo, Jessica Hsuan, Maggie Cheung, and I put out an album for 'Old Time Buddy' back then. Had double platinum sales. Shared the seven-figure profits among the four of us". However, he does not plan to sing again: "Everyone is tolerant. Do not ruin other people's reputation. Tolerance does not mean randomness. If I go, it will become random!" He would rather compete with Louis in acting in movies, and laughingly said that [he] can take the opportunity to sing with Louis and Nick: "We will wear bathrobes and create a 'hehe' version, singing 《男朋友》 together! Quite erotic!"

Regarding Director Lam's death, he said teary-eyed that he was very shocked to hear the news. Collaborated a lot back then. Ringo was a very special person...really liked working with newcomers. Really wanted to collaborate again but could not say it out. Has become a regret, so now, [he] really cherishes the people [he] works with.

Invited to Be a Concert Guest, Nick Cheung Says That He Actually Does Not Want To

Nick is happy for Louis for winning a music award again. He feels that he does not have the ability to challenge a grand slam, so [he] is still focusing on being an actor and a director. Does he, who previously released albums, feel that the music industry owes him? Nick said, "Louis is not afraid of the dark or ghosts! Although I like to sing, frequently singing in the bathroom of my house, [I] do not dare to sing in front of people. When other people invite me to be a concert guest, I appear very excited, but [I] actually don't want to sing". He said that he is old. [He] does not intend to overcome this problem. Afraid that forcing himself will make him die even earlier. Jacky Cheung will have a concert at the Hong Kong Coliseum; he will be going to show his support but will not be going on the stage as a guest.

#487 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52591 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 02:23 AM

Already 19 Years! Original Lineup of "A Step into the Past" Filming Movie Version

Thursday March 21, 2019 Hong Kong

Artiste Louis Koo attended a presentation for his company, One Cool Film. At the event, movies planning to film this year and those already completed were announced. This time, the movie version of "A Step into the Past", "Back to the Past", will star the original television cast from back then, including Jessica Hsuan, Raymond Lam, Michelle Saram, Sonija Kwok, and Joyce Tang, who also appeared at the movie presentation and even shared their feelings about the reunion. Louis said, "The series back then is already a matter from the year 2000. Many people also want us to film a movie version. Initially did not think about using the original actors, but later felt that it would only be good to watch if the original lineup was used".

Jessica said that she knew that Louis said that it would be filming, and she has already been happy for a few years. Very excited to have now finally waited for the day that shooting starts. Michelle is very happy because it has already been many years since [she] has seen this group of friends; the feeling of seeing each other again is very sweet. Sonija said, "The series 'Step' was my first project upon entering the industry; it is very important to me. Thus, [I] was very excited upon knowing that the movie version would be filmed. Thank you, Louis". Joyce said, "Got frightened by Louis backstage. Said that there would be a lot of fighting, so I hope that he gives more money to hire more stunt doubles for me". Raymond said, "Heard Louis say that this movie would be filming for a long time. Every time [I] see him, he would say that the script is getting revised again. All in all, very brilliant".

Afterward, Louis, Jessica, and Raymond were interviewed together. Regarding having many movies filming this year, what is the total investment? Louis said, "For these, have to ask the film company. (You are the boss!) Not saying...these are secrets". When asked when "Back" officially starts filming, he said, "Really fast!"

Synchronized Growth of Characters, Louis Koo: Do Not Have to Put on Makeup

This is the first time that the cast lineup of the movie version of "Step" has appeared, and it is also the first time disclosing the outline of the story. Louis: "The story will happen 19 years later. Emperor Qin has already unified the six countries. Everyone does not know what happened afterward. There is a lot creative space. Because it is a time-travel plot, there are a lot of sci-fi elements in the movie. Talking about things after 19 years, the biggest benefit is that everyone does not need to put on makeup".

'Hong Siu Lung''s Son Will Appear

Regarding the script, Louis attaches great importance to it and has always kept it confidential. Raymond, "Every time [I] discuss the story with Mr. Koo, he would say that it has been revised again, did you know? Then I would constantly go to get an understanding". Louis revealed that the story and the television version are two independent creations. Even if the actors are the same, the characters' identities may also change. The only sure thing that is connected to the television version is that 'Hong Siu Lung' has a son. As for whether it is the Xiang Yu that was mentioned in the series, it cannot be disclosed.

Regarding the movie beginning filming this year, Jessica also expressed excitement and even suggested to Louis that the plot could have some changes: "We have been together for 19 years. Should be able to speak more modernly...no need to memorize ancient language". However, Louis repeatedly answered, "Cannot! Cannot!" Completely K.O.-ed Jessica.

As for Jimmy Au, who played General Manager Tao in "Step", many netizens also said that they also want him to return to the team. He said that [he] has temporarily not received the news, but Jimmy expressed, "If needed, I can take a leave to film it!"

Joyce Tang Calls for Louis Koo to Sing Theme Song Again

In an interview, Joyce frankly said that she already rarely films ancient series in recent years; the last one was already 2005's TVB series "The Prince's Shadow". She said, "'Step' is many people's childhood memories. So rare to get everyone together and we really did not change much. Only became more awesome, so really very excited to film again. Already found that type of feeling from back then". Joyce frankly said that Louis also expressed to her that, this time, her character has to fight a lot; thus, she frankly said that she has to exercise during this period of time.

Taking on this film, Joyce also asked the series crew of TVB's "Lo and Behold" to get a slot in [her] schedule and has fortunately gotten the accommodation of the company. Regarding the theme song of "Step" being sung by Louis back then, Joyce frankly said that someone did ask before whether it would be sung by him again. Joyce laughingly said, "If everyone wants to have that type of childhood memory again, I also think that it should be sung by him again".

Sonija Kwok Filming "Back to the Past" and Being 'Qin Qing' Again, Netizens Are Greatly Supportive

In an on.cc interview, Sonija said, "Very happy! Have an opportunity to be 'Qin Qing' again. Have not seen so many former colleagues again in many years. This time, the movie version is a continuation...greatly anticipating it".

She also said that the story and all sorts of things are still in the middle of discussion: "'Step' is my first series after debuting. When filming, did not know anything. Luckily, everyone liked 'Qin Qing'. Hope that, after many years of honing, there is even better acting that can be seen by everyone!" Netizens also highly praised Sonija; although [she] is already a mother, [she] has still kept [herself] well...still awesome being 'Qin Qing' again after 20 years!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: louis koo, koo tin lok

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users