AF needs funding again

Photo

The Top 5 'successors' of Charmaine Sheh; Artists' response to her departure

bernice liu charmaine sheh hong kong myolie wu

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

#1 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48486 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:16 AM

The Top 5 'successors' of Charmaine Sheh; Artists' response to her departure
Saturday Marh 5, 2011 Hong Kong
Source: The Sun
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Charmaine Sheh has intentions to leave TVB, the 'successors' is believed to be a hot topic. There are currently 5 FaDans that have a great chance to get up top.

#1: Fala Chen

Breakthrough role: The Stew of Life, she appeared in a bra on TV leading to heated discussions among Netizens.

Chances of Rising: Charmaine once mentioned that Fala is highly flexible. Earlier her performance in No Regrets as pitiful Ching Ching won praises.

#2: Kate Tsui

Breakthrough role: Her role as a police officer in the film Eye In The Sky got good responses. This also won her the "Best New Performer" at the Hong Kong Film Awards.

Chances of Rising: Kate can act, sing and dance. Besides series and music, her potential catches the attention of many film directors. Just like last year she took part in 14 Blades.

#3: Tavia Yeung

Breakthrough role: Her big villian role as Yiu Kam Ling in Beyond the Realm of Conscience confirmed her first line TVB Fadan position.

Chances of Rising: Tavia joined TVB's training class in 1999, after 10+ years of endurance, she depended on the one role 'Yiu Kam King' to challenge Charmaine and won the "My Favorite TV Female Character" award.

#4: Linda Chung

Breakthrough role: She had an 'exposive' role in Heart of Greed as Seung Joi Sum. Audience also agreed that she is an on-screen couple with Raymond Lam.

Chances of Rising: She is the youngest of the 5 Fadans, and has good audience fate. However, Linda's voice is too delicate, so she's often in those innocent girl roles. Her hidden potential has not had the chance to develop.

#5: Myolie Wu

Breakthrough role: In War of In-Laws, Myolie played the barbaric daughter-in-law striking at mother-in-law Liza Wang and got praises.

Chances of Rising: Although she's teased as the "Wu Gwing Yee" (Sad/Depressed look), over the past several years she's willing to sacrifice and fight. In 2006, she madly gained weight for her fat girl role in To Grow With Love. Her professional spirit is well worth the praise.

Artists respond to Charmaine's departure from TVB

Myolie Wu said Charmaine has the fame and benefits, heading out to Mainland is to seek breakthrough: "After all, there are a lot more artists and directors to collaborate with, perhaps she's looking at that too! Even if she doesn't sign with TVB, she can still shoot TVB series. (She's gone, you have more leading roles and series?) That fast? There are still a lot of people in TVB, what's most important is everyone gets an opportunity."

Currently a rising star, Natalie Tong expressed she really wanted to collaborate with Charmaine, she had always been her target. Natalie was asked if she'll have more chances to rise up to the top now that Charmaine is leaving? She said: "Everyone has a different direction, she's not leaving, even if she signs a per series contract, she can still shoot series for TVB."

Bernice Liu is also another one rumored to be leaving, but she expressed she's not sure of Charmaine's contract. She said Charmaine a very talented artist, as long as she's happy with her decision, that's all that matters.

Yoyo Mung said that leaving TVB just means she's changing the contract form. Yoyo strongly supported Charmaine's decision: "It's not a complete break off, just as people get older, starts wanting a new environment."

#2 shadowrain604

shadowrain604

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:38 AM

Hrm, out of all of them, I think I prefer Myolie and Linda. Linda for her likeability and Myolie for being an underdog. I really hope Myolie channels her innate, natural talent for acting because I really miss her from her Golden Faith/Colourful Life days. She was so bright, whimsical and talented back in those days and I really enjoyed her acting. Nowadays she's doing subpar comedies(which reminds me Louisa's career: nonexistent or plagued with bad comedies) and her overacting can only be matched by Taiwanese idol dramas. Haven't watched Rippling Blossom, but I hope it does resurrect a little bit of the old Myolie.(Next possible Esther?)

With Linda, she'll do fine, I see her being the next Charmaine seeing how they both are well-liked by the audiences. Linda isn't a great actress but she just has the 'lead screen presence' and could pretty much carry a series on her own. I've seen her in Twilight Investigation(which was a filler drama tbh) and darn was she sure charming and loveable. Some of her roles are childish but she's young so there's time to work towards those business-y woman roles(which is generally relegated to fadans, and are the roles I really love).

From the other four, Tavia is probably the most talented and one of the more professional actresses next to Myolie. But the problem with Tavia is that she's starting to overact just alittle and has problem developing her 'lead screen presence.' If she could overcome that, yeah, probably the next fadan or Maggie Cheung.

I've watched Kate Tsui in The Four and god lord was her acting horrendous. Haven't watched any of her recent series and don't know if she improved. Out of the five, she has the more well established and stronger persona meaning it's easier to classify her to strong, arrogant female roles. Her fierce persona somewhat reminds me of Jessica, though she has a long way to catch up to her.

And finally Fala Chen. I remember the days from Forensic Heroes 1. I saw her in a bit part and I still remember her role, though small. Though I'm not a fan of her, I do think she has talent. Personally, I feel like Fala would benefit from working in films similarly to Michelle Ye. She just looks more like a movie rather than tv star. ( She kind looks like mix of Michelle Ye and Kenix Kwok)

#3 Happii

Happii

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:14 PM

Myoile n Linda is da best out of them all

#4 tvchaser

tvchaser

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:53 PM

I totally support Tavia as 1 sister. As for Linda , Fala and Kate i think they too young too rise so high position. Give them time to develop their acting n potential. They promoted to fast as their talent is just normal. As for Myolie, she quit ok but she have no increase her skill since she act War of in law.

Edited by tvchaser, 06 March 2011 - 02:54 PM.

#5 cloudxtifa4ever

cloudxtifa4ever

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:27 PM

I support Tavia out of the girl....
I will never support Myolie, didn't like her when i was young, don't like her now...I tried to but ...just can't stand her acting.
I don't think any of them are as good as Charmaine Sheh<3 though =x

Edited by cloudxtifa4ever, 06 March 2011 - 03:30 PM.

#6 chanel

chanel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:27 PM

I'll always support tavia as she deserve it for all her hard work. But cld it be tht charmaine's departure is just a rumor?

#7 Kim4ever

Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14113 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:43 PM

As much as I hate some of the "successors",:P I think, they all have potential. If They all work hard and are given the opportunity, then all the best to them.

#8 kailie

kailie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1374 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:55 PM

I think Tavia will be the best pick who has the most training. Myolie has a chance. They tend to act different characters more. Linda, Kate and Fala should brew a little more to fine tune their acting chops. They'll have an equal chance later. We shall see. It all depends what the TVB admin thinks and result of the viewers. There are many less known actresses who are excellent in their skills, but they're not promoted to fa dan status. I wish they get a chance.

#9 dvd123

dvd123

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1370 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:23 PM

I dislike articles like this; it opens the floor to debating... and the possible bashing. >_<
I remember when there used to be analogies of who would be the successors for the 7 Dong Ka Fa Dans (Maggie Cheung, Jessica Hsuan, Esther Kwan, Ada Choi, Kenix Kwok, Flora Chan, Marianne Chan).

#10 Sabby

Sabby

s m i l e

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2982 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:34 PM

^
haha i remember that article too.
The era of the top 4 TVB fadans (Flora, Jessica, Kenix and Ada) was definitely the best times and they are truly irreplaceable! There were no rumors of them not getting along as the 4 of them were great friends on and off screen! Miss them alot!
However from the artists listed above, I truly see Linda and Tavia reaching the top someday.! They're almost there but not quite the 'big sister' material yet.

#11 MissyRandom

MissyRandom

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:12 PM

In my opinion, Tavia has the besting acting skill. Kate and then Fala. I honestly never liked Linda's acting even though I do think she's pretty and all that. I have always thought that Kate can act pretty well since the first serie, but then the one that she acted with Christine Ng and Wong Cho Lam made me reconsider. I don't think Kate is there yet that can act every role like Charmaine and Tavia. Fala and Linda are just over promoted even though I do like both of them.

I think that great acting skills always involve an artist that can ACT every role that are given whether or not it's evil, nice, crazy, dumb, etc. And I can only see it in Tavia.

#12 MadHatter

MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13388 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:10 PM

i am going to support Tavia she is awesome with her acting skills especially when she cries. very believable.
either way. Flora is back in the business though, just saw her in a drama recently. too bad she isn't as big as she was back then during healing hands.

#13 andrewstarcraft

andrewstarcraft

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:58 AM

Great call on the top 5 people that could take number one..... I believe Fala should be the next one to take it.....

#14 reiyi

reiyi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5508 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:01 AM

I totally support Tavia as 1 sister. As for Linda , Fala and Kate i think they too young too rise so high position.

Kate is same age as Tavia. Fala is 2 years younger only.

I'll always support tavia as she deserve it for all her hard work. But cld it be tht charmaine's departure is just a rumor?

Charmaine will not sign management contract with TVB. Maybe she will sign per series contract? But, it's quite confirm that she won't sign management contract.

I read somewhere that Tavia just sign another 8 year contract with TVB. She has a big chance of being promoted to Charmaine's place. Furthermore, she's the only who is 100% focus on acting in TVB series. The other 4 have dabbled in movies and music.

Edited by reiyi, 07 March 2011 - 02:52 AM.

#15 echizen82

echizen82

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:03 AM

For me in my opinion, Tavia and Myolie have the best chances to be sister 1, after Charmaine because they both have the best experience in acting and people see them as the role models of TVB's future. If TVB promotes the right actress, they can go a long way, but still being careful with their executive decisions

#16 Wonderful Wonderland

Wonderful Wonderland

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:39 AM

imo, i tink it's either Tavia or Linda. Both of them r good enuff to replace charmaine.

#17 shawty_says

shawty_says

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:56 AM

Tavia definitely has the experience and acting skills, but she doesn't have the female lead presence that the others have. And to be quite honest, her acting has been going downhill these past few years. I think Tavia shines best when she has a supporting role as opposed to the female lead.

As for Myolie, I used to think she'd be the first one to receive "Best Actress" out of the younger actresses, but her roles lately are annoying and just boring to watch. I miss her in the Golden Faith days. Myolie does have potential to be the top, but unfortunately she doesn't have any luck.

Linda and Fala may not act as well as Tavia or Myolie, but they have this on screen charisma that makes watching them enjoyable. I think that's why they were able to become female lead fairly early in their careers.

#18 themoon

themoon

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1536 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:11 AM

Tavia and Myolie will be promoted to Charmaine's spot and might be the first ones to receive the TVB Queen and secure TVB big sister position.

I like Kate and Fala's charisma. I hope they'll go much further than TVB.

#19 bebeC

bebeC

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:44 AM

Tavia is my favourite actress after Charmaine but I've always thought TVB was training Linda to be Charmaine's replacement. She has had quite a similar career path to Charmaine's, and I think she has "goon jung yuen" (luck with the audience). Tavia is only a few years older than Linda but she kind of belongs to another generation. I think they are going to stick Tavia with all the older actors (Bobby, Joe, Kenneth, etc.) if or when Char leaves and pair all the younger ones with Linda going forward.

Edited by bebeC, 07 March 2011 - 06:48 AM.

#20 oatmeal

oatmeal

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:31 AM

Based on charisma: Linda
Based on talent: Tavia
Based on looks: Fala
Based on average: Myolie
Based on "No way are you in the running": Kate

#21 donkeykong

donkeykong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:41 AM

Based on charisma: Linda
Based on talent: Tavia
Based on looks: Fala
Based on average: Myolie
Based on "No way are you in the running": Kate

LOL at the last one..... Out of those girls, I think Tavia would have the most potential to succeed Charmaine. Tavia's definitely got talent and hard-working and she's won a lot of awards in the last few years. She's been casted in a lot of challenging and different roles (from crying to evil) which TVB is using to 'pave' her way to become First Sister. Tavia has the support of executives and talented successful friends in the industry that will back her up. She's also well liked by producers, cast members, colleagues and behind-the-scenes workers.

Linda's pretty too and it seems like TVB likes her a lot but all the roles she plays are always the same. Furthermore, her personality seems to be a bit 'soft', 'weak' and 'vulnerable' - not a characteristic of a First Sister. Her interview skills are soooo poor, she's not 'evil' and 'strong' enough to fight for opportunities if u know what i mean. She can be easily manipulated.

Fala and Myolie possibly running close from behind. Myolie came from a pagaent 2 years after Charmaine so she's been at TVB for ages, but she's lacking some good scripts and good roles. Fala has potential and I think she's a 'smart' person, really good with contacts and looking out for open opportunities and her face can be cast in varying roles but she's too new..... maybe another 5 years I'd say.

Kate - definitely not in the running. Her career choices have completely destroyed her image, her singing career is a failure. She's going on the sexy route, and her flirtatious attitude have never been a favourite amongst the audience. All these bad press, facing criticisms all the time ..... She's never really won a major award in television (her biggest award was for some movie just that one time). Anyway, her performances haven't always been consistent.

Edited by donkeykong, 07 March 2011 - 08:44 AM.

#22 Sabby

Sabby

s m i l e

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2982 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:24 PM

^
haha gotta agree with the last one. Kate just irks me with her flirty image and she just seems to try too hard at it.

Do agree that Myolie needs a good script that shows she CAN act as her exaggerated acting these days has just been really irritating.

#23 Advo

Advo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1176 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:23 PM

Tavia definitely has the experience and acting skills, but she doesn't have the female lead presence that the others have. And to be quite honest, her acting has been going downhill these past few years. I think Tavia shines best when she has a supporting role as opposed to the female lead.

As for Myolie, I used to think she'd be the first one to receive "Best Actress" out of the younger actresses, but her roles lately are annoying and just boring to watch. I miss her in the Golden Faith days. Myolie does have potential to be the top, but unfortunately she doesn't have any luck.

Linda and Fala may not act as well as Tavia or Myolie, but they have this on screen charisma that makes watching them enjoyable. I think that's why they were able to become female lead fairly early in their careers.

I agree with this quite a lot.

Tavia, while praised for her acting have started to struggle since she started to lead for real. I question if she'll ever be able to develop enough screen presence to lead and carry a whole series. I also dislike her tendency to over-act heavily in her recent series.

Myolie was actually a real contender and challenger to Charmaine in the past, but then her career started to slide downwards. Bad series, little improvement in her acting or tons of over-acting just made people dislike/get tired of her. I have heard positive things about her in TRB though, I've yet to see the show myself. The question is if TRB is just a fluke or if she's really making a come-back.

Linda is young, and imo, her acting is mediocre at best. Nonetheless, she's had the benefit of leading almost straight from the beginning. Due to this and maybe some innate ability, she's developed her screen presence enough to carry shows and evidently, many do find her likable (I'm just not one of them). Regardless though, she has had TVB's backing from the beginning, and since she's rumoured to be "obedient", I don't foresee any changes in that.

With regards to Kate, I don't particularly like her acting but some says she's better in movies. Even so, Kate's a bit of a hit or miss. She certainly has a chance, like they all do, but she's probably the one I see with least potential. Not because I think her acting is worse than Linda, but because I don't see as strong a backing from TVB like Linda.

Fala is my favourite, though I don't think she has better chances than any of the others. I would not say she started leading early though, as her first lead role was actually in LTT. Her acting might not be as good as Tavia - yet - but she has more screen presence imo.

I do wonder if the fact that the only one who's completely focused on acting - Tavia - has a significant advantage over the others? Personally, I don't agree. The others do dabble in music and movies - but with TVBs support. Even if Tavia's acting is the best - which is debatable - due to her being more focused, it simply does not translate into more backing from TVB or more support from the audience. Especially, since it's tradition in the Asian entertainment industry to be "multi-talented".

#24 hori

hori

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:30 PM

Hmphh....the list is mising Selena Li - though she may need a few more years

Well my choices are - Myolie and Tavia, they are both neck to neck in competing as Charmaine's successor. They both have the best acting skills among the Top Five.

then 3rd Fala - TVB is promothing her like hell and has a big support, 4th Linda - ermm not really like her acting but shes obedient, 5th Selena Li - got potential.... & I don't think Kate is qualify to be in Top 5..

Edited by hori, 07 March 2011 - 07:33 PM.

#25 Advo

Advo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1176 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:14 PM

^Not just Selena. Also Nancy Wu is missing. But those two are always underestimated - by TVB and probably as a result of that, also the media. Personally, I prefer Nancy and Selena over most of the fa dans on the list in the article.

#26 TinhQuayGot

TinhQuayGot

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:16 PM

Tavia is the best choice. I like her acting.

#27 tvbauntie

tvbauntie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1455 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:45 PM

I would love Tavia(my favourite TVB actress) to be the top fadan after Charmaine leaves for China. Myolie,Fala,Linda are okay but somehow I don't quite like Kate Tsui.

#28 lilanimegrl

lilanimegrl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:49 PM

honestly, i think Tavia and Myolie has a better chance of replacing Charmaine than the others.

-Tavia - we have seen what she is capable of in her evil role earlier and she has the experience under her belt. Although I do think she overacts a bit in TRB it's still decent acting compared to the others listed. I just have to add this in, her haircut aged her a lot, not sure if that was what she was going for.

-Myolie - like Tavia, she has the experience but she keeps acting in comedy series and I it seems like she's overacting in all of them. I was about to give up hope on her but her brief appearance in a mainland series, Schemes of Beauty, renewed my confidence in her. She needs to stop going for those comedy scripts and pick something more serious, I can totally picture her in a villain role.

-Linda - her acting has improved and she's extremely likeable but I don't see any flexibility in her acting, she's constrained to the innocent roles in all her films and I can't picture her with any other role.

-Kate & Fala - both their acting are mediocre to me but Kate seems more versatile in her roles, I can picture her in an innocent and villain role. Regardless, their acting needs to be improved.

#29 swtvtgrl

swtvtgrl

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1707 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:10 AM

Hmphh....the list is mising Selena Li - though she may need a few more years

^Not just Selena. Also Nancy Wu is missing. But those two are always underestimated - by TVB and probably as a result of that, also the media. Personally, I prefer Nancy and Selena over most of the fa dans on the list in the article.

Selena Li and Nancy Wu are missing from the list because both didn't get to lead a series yet. Selena will have her first lead role in Thunder, while Nancy are getting more prominent roles.

#30 wendy

wendy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:22 AM

Out of the five, I have to say that Tavia has the most potential as an actress to be the next fadan after Charmaine. Even though Tavia is not my favorite actress, her acting is way more professional than the rest of them. It's because her acting is very natural and realistic. On the other hand, I think both Kate Tsui and Myolie wu's acting exaggerates too much. Both of their acting aren't natural at all. Honestly though, I don't think Kate is a good singer. And I think both Linda and Fala's acting are pretty good and of course they are improving gradually.

#31 MadHatter

MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13388 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:19 AM

Fala has improved A LOT...though she might not have the chance now to take CS's spot, she will probably do so in the future.

Kate needs to just get lost. her acting sucks, her singing sucks and she just doesn't have what it takes. sure she won a pageant, but that doesn't mean she is anyone special.

out of all Tavia def got the experience. Moonlight R blew me away...

Myolie also used to be my favorite, but then depending on who she collaborates with depends on how her skills shine.

Linda? I am mixed with her. sometimes i like her, and sometimes i don't, she needs to break out of that "good girl" image and really get her hands dirty.

#32 reiyi

reiyi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5508 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 03:12 AM

Nancy Wu and Selene Li are not in the running because they are not heavily promoted actresses. And because of this, they lack the fan following too. Try run a 'Who do you like more' poll between Linda Chung and Nancy Wu. Linda Chung will win.

#33 sophieloke

sophieloke

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 03:16 AM

The article missed out the extremely talented Vivien Yeo. Looking forward to seeing her as one of the to fadas

#34 tvbx

tvbx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1369 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:24 AM

unless something changes, they will be promoting Tavia and Myolie as the next top artists they have paid their dues and both ahve had success in that type of role the others will need to do more

#35 0ocluelesso0

0ocluelesso0

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:08 AM

I totally vote for tavia. She been in the industry for more than 10 years. She worked hard to get where she at noe she didn't need to goes through short cut like going in beauty pageant or anything. She work her way to success. And her acting is beyond your imagination. She just great. Hmm Linda and fala are ok too but there would be second choice. Tavia all the way

#36 reiyi

reiyi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5508 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:47 AM

I totally vote for tavia. She been in the industry for more than 10 years. She worked hard to get where she at noe she didn't need to goes through short cut like going in beauty pageant or anything. She work her way to success. And her acting is beyond your imagination. She just great. Hmm Linda and fala are ok too but there would be second choice. Tavia all the way

Her success is due to hard work and a lucky break. She would not have been chosen to play Maggie Cheung's little sister in 'The Awakening Story' if she does not resemble Maggie Cheung. And has she not been chosen for this supporting role, she wouldn't be able to move on to bigger roles.

#37 Advo

Advo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1176 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:12 AM

Nancy Wu and Selene Li are not in the running because they are not heavily promoted actresses. And because of this, they lack the fan following too. Try run a 'Who do you like more' poll between Linda Chung and Nancy Wu. Linda Chung will win.

Like I said. Selena and Nancy are underestimated because of TVB's "treatment" of them. But if it comes to strength as an actress, beauty and charisma, I do not find them behind the people on the list. That's just my opinion.

#38 hori

hori

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:37 PM

Like I said. Selena and Nancy are underestimated because of TVB's "treatment" of them. But if it comes to strength as an actress, beauty and charisma, I do not find them behind the people on the list. That's just my opinion.

I agree, and also in terms of acting skills, Nancy Wu and Selena Li are a lot better than Kate, Linda and Fala..I just think they both are unlucky compare to these three... .

#39 bebeC

bebeC

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:35 PM

oh dear, am i the only one in this thread who likes kate? well, maybe not particularly as an actress, but as a person in general. i've watched her in many interviews and i really like her friendly and down to earth personality. on the contrary, i have really disliked myolie ever since seeing her on "my name is bong"... she just doesn't come across as genuine to me. anyway, sorry for being off topic.

i also like selena a lot and think she has the looks and talent complete with a healthy image. i really hope she gets her breakthrough role soon.

#40 ~ ♥ Malec ~

~ ♥ Malec ~

..::♥ Cutie ♥::..

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12391 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:42 AM

@ bebeC: No you are not the only one. I like Kate the same way as you.