AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

how to make this?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 jewellia7777

jewellia7777

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:32 PM

(I've found out what I was asking so I thought I'd edit this and add a different question)

does anyone know how to do the swirly cupcake top and whipped cream in these pics?
[url] http://www.flickr.co...N04/2904210123/ [url]
[url] http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/ [url]

is you do, please give me a link to any info on how to do the technique, thanks^^

Edited by jewellia7777, 09 March 2011 - 02:24 AM.

#2 judowodo

judowodo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:15 PM

Those are built by pieces of papers and I usually call them 3D Origami. Since that is one of my hobbies, I do know quite a lot about it. Basically, you used colored pieces of papers and fold it all in a same way. Then the instructions in those books are instructions on how many pieces in a row and what colors go in each row. For a beginner, I would suggest starting out by buying a whole set where papers are cut out perfectly for you and instructions are with it. Usually, Asian stores or supermarkets would most likely have the ones to make swans. The book you linked to are much more advanced.

Hope that helps and feel free to ask more questions.

#3 jewellia7777

jewellia7777

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:16 AM

Those are built by pieces of papers and I usually call them 3D Origami. Since that is one of my hobbies, I do know quite a lot about it. Basically, you used colored pieces of papers and fold it all in a same way. Then the instructions in those books are instructions on how many pieces in a row and what colors go in each row. For a beginner, I would suggest starting out by buying a whole set where papers are cut out perfectly for you and instructions are with it. Usually, Asian stores or supermarkets would most likely have the ones to make swans. The book you linked to are much more advanced.

Hope that helps and feel free to ask more questions.

oops that was the wrong pic. I wanted to know how to do a ribbing effect for crochet but found out how to do it now^^ and yes, I know all about 3d origami^^ I teach it on youtube^^ check out my channel if you like^^ youtube.com/jewellia7777

this was the actual link I was talking about^^ [url] http://www.flickr.co...lue/3378439385/ [url]

#4 cyriocosmus

cyriocosmus

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:46 AM

Hi All,

Not sure if this is in the right place and i am sure it will get bumped if not.

I have been making 3d Origami models for a few years now mostly for the children at the school where i work. I am looking for any information where i might find instructions for a 3D Origami Eagle. I have seen some excelent models on youtube but instructions are few and far between. The idea behind this request is that i thought i might make one to be auctioned off in the school to raise funds for the school. Any help will be appreciated.