AF needs funding again

Photo

Top 10 Young Rich and Famous Chinese Celebrities Ranking 2010

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#1 mutts.

mutts.

Addict

• Forum Crew
  • 7614 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:29 AM

Top 10 Young Rich and Famous Chinese Celebrities Ranking 2010

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Source: Sina
Translated by: mutts @ Charlene Choi Info

A compilation of a ranked list of Chinese entertainment's rich and famous young celebrities 30 years and under.

Selection Method - Mainland, Hong Kong, Taiwan; according to three regions in order to arrive at a final Chinese entertainment showbiz ranking chart.

Nomination Qualifications - Artists under 30 years, especially indicating: Nicholas Tse, Cecilia Cheung, Jolin Tsai, Joey Yung, etc. just happen to be 30 years as if this year and do not qualify for this ranking.

Investigation Scope - Qualified artists' 2010 year income, in particular: film salary (TV, movie), spokesperson endorsements, events, performances, CD albums, etc. are taken into consideration.

*Note - All numbers are in Chinese Yuan

--

Hong Kong - NO. 1 CHARLENE CHOI (2010 Gross Income: 35.5 million) [Age: 28]

Concert income (8 million), Film income (9.5 million), Spokesperson endorsements (15 million), Events income (3 million) [*Note - 2 CD albums' income not included]

No.2 Khalil Fong (28.5 million) [Age: 27]
No.3 Angelababy (25.3 million) [Age: 21]
No.4 Gillian Chung (19.45 million) [Age: 29]
No.5 Shawn Yue (15.75 million) [Age: 29]
No.6 Hins Cheung (13.8 million) [Age: 29]
No.7 Chrissie Chow (8.6 million) [Age: 25]
No.8 Fiona Sit (6.6 million) [Age: 29]
No.9 Lynn Hung (5.9 million) [Age: 29]

Taiwan - NO. 1 SELINA (2010 Gross Income: 43.5 million) [Age: 29]

(Group) Advertisement income (25 million), Tour income (10 million), TV series income (7.5 million), Host income (1 million)

No.2 Hebe (41 million) [Age: 27]
No.3 Ella (36 million) [Age: 29]
No.4 Rainie Yang (29.4 million) [Age: 26]
No.5 Jam Hsiao (26.85 million) [Age: 23]
No.6 Guey Lun Mei (21.5 million) [Age: 27]
No.7 Amber Kuo (20 million) [Age: 24]
No.8 Yoga Lin (16 million) [Age: 23]
No.9 Cyndi Wang (13.25 million) [Age: 28]
No.10 Ethan Ruan (12.1 million) [Age: 28]

Mainland - NO. 1 FAN BING BING (2010 Gross Income: 62.5 million) [Age: 29]

Film income (6 million), Spokesperson endorsements income (32.5 million), Events income (24 million)

No.2 Jane Zhang (38 million) [Age: 26]
No.3 Sun Li (26 million) [Age: 28]
No.4 Chris Lee (23.5 million) [Age: 26]
No.5 Wang Luo Dan (9.6 million) [Age: 26]
No.6 Xie Na (8.7 million) [Age: 29]
No.7 Zhang Yu Qi (7.5 million) [Age: 24]
No.8 Han Geng (7 million) [Age: 26]

--

OVERALL TOP 10 Chinese Entertainment Showbiz Young Rich and Famous Celebrities Ranking 2010

1. Fan Bing Bing (29) - 62.5 million
2. Selina (29) - 43.5 million
3. Hebe (27) - 41 million
4. Jane Zhang (26) - 38 million
5. Ella (29) - 36 million
6. Charlene Choi (28) - 35.5 million
7. Rainie Yang (26) - 29.4 million
8. Khalil Fong (27) - 28.5 million
9. Jam Hsiao (23) - 26.85 million
10. Sun Li (28) - 26 million

--

Ranking number 1, Fan Bing Bing pulls away with a clear gap, clearly proving how this not yet 30 year old woman has already taken a step forward to the front line in Mainland, being able to see her silhouette in every big name Chinese movie production. Occupying 8 positions, singers have particular strength with 8 positions following Fan Bing Bing collectively from Hong Kong, Taiwan and Mainland popular to the masses. Observing this ranking, one can see industry-produced idols such as SHE running neck and neck with artists like Jam Hsiao representing those born after 1985. However, the results and achievements of Hong Kong artists are too wretched. One interesting phenonmenon is that Hong Kong, once popular to the core, has only handed over a portion of attractive bright spots with only Charlene Choi and Khalil Fong entering the Top 10. Regarding the Cantonese culture's music entertainment circle which has become increasingly narrow, the halos of Hong Kong's superstars are on the verge of being completely erased. If the declining Hong Kong entertainment showbiz is unable to find even better methods to breakthrough, Twins are also getting old.

Edited by mutts., 03 January 2011 - 12:36 PM.

#2 reiyi

reiyi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5508 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:49 AM

I'm surprised that none of the Fahrenheit members made it to the top 10 list in Taiwan, what with their albums, concerts, endorsements and series.

#3 ♥ Charlenebaby

♥ Charlenebaby

<3 Charlene Choi!

• Forum Masters
  • 6699 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:15 AM

I'm not surprised Charlene ranked #1 in Hong Kong because last year she was the only actress from HK that made into the Top 5 for highest revenue. In 2010, Charlene didn't film as much as she did in recent years since she was focusing on entering the mando market as a solo singer so she spend a great deal of her time in Mainland promoting <As A SA>. She started filming during the second half of the year and also released her Cantonese EP. If compared to recent years, 2010 was the year that Charlene focus more on music than on filming. :) I do agree with what the article said about HK artists. The industry is seriously dying because I remember HK artists used to be super popular 6-7 years ago. :down

#4 Closty

Closty

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:18 AM

where did you take this informations??

#5 Moonshade

Moonshade

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:21 AM

Millions US dollar/HK dollar/Euro/Yen...?

#6 mutts.

mutts.

Addict

• Forum Crew
  • 7614 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:26 PM

where did you take this informations??

The source is linked in the original post - it's from Sina: http://eladies.sina....591043241.shtml

Millions US dollar/HK dollar/Euro/Yen...?

I can't read it saying outright anywhere (can anyone else spot it?), but it is from Sina which is from Mainland China and it does reference Yuan when it's explaining how the list is calculated, so I'm assuming all the numbers are in Chinese Yuan.

#7 Moonshade

Moonshade

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:41 PM

@mutts: Ok, thanks :]. And Charlene is sure working hard to earn her millions, but I'd rather have her earn less money in exchange for a better health. Really EEG is working her to death, there is a new article about Charlene fainting again... our poor Twin >.<

#8 mchu17

mchu17

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2945 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:49 AM

Regarding the Cantonese culture's music entertainment circle which has become increasingly narrow, the halos of Hong Kong's superstars are on the verge of being completely erased. If the declining Hong Kong entertainment showbiz is unable to find even better methods to breakthrough, Twins are also getting old.

That's so true and so sad. The remaining superstars that are actually active are probably just Andy Lau and Sammi and well, Sammi only does what she wants and chooses to do. Jacky comes out with albums now and then, but it's definitely not enough to spark the industry. The rest just doesn't have the same charisma or commands that audience and that stardom. Faye is making a comeback but I doubt she'll be active...hai...so sad.

#9 starlightcolors

starlightcolors

faq.asianfanatics.net

• News Crew
  • 384 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:51 AM

Interesting list, thanks for sharing. Kudos to Charlene, Selina and Fan Bing Bing for being the No 1 top earners of 2010 in their regions. I feel all 3 are deserved of their success with their hard work. Interesting, looks like with everything in Charlene's personal life in the media, her marketability is still there and she's still at No 1 in HK. I agree HK entertainment industry is going down. Especially I think lack of young talent when you see how people making the Top 10 for HK are model lang mo's, no offense. About Fahrenheit, 2 members are 30+ so they don't qualify (Wu Chun and Calvin) and maybe related to splitting income, but I'm not sure if in the list part of Selina Hebe Ella's incomes were calculated with group ad income not split.

Edited by starlightcolors, 04 January 2011 - 12:55 AM.

#10 llwy12

llwy12

AF Translator

• Global Ministers
  • 5520 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:09 AM

That's so true and so sad. The remaining superstars that are actually active are probably just Andy Lau and Sammi and well, Sammi only does what she wants and chooses to do. Jacky comes out with albums now and then, but it's definitely not enough to spark the industry. The rest just doesn't have the same charisma or commands that audience and that stardom. Faye is making a comeback but I doubt she'll be active...hai...so sad.

So true!! And people make fun of me for being "outdated" because I don't like most of the current HK artists and I enjoy listening to 80s/90s Cantopop way more than the stuff that comes out nowadays....well, there's a reason for that (as this article proves) -- the HK music industry is crap now (it has been for almost the past decade), so who would even want to waste their time on it?

Edited by llwy12, 04 January 2011 - 01:10 AM.

#11 raidus

raidus

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:35 AM

Wonder what happened to Joey Yung, I thought she be in the top 10 despite winning tons of awards every year in Hong Kong. I am shocked how Angelababy and Chrissie are on the list, this is getting ridiculous. Totally agree with the OP, HK is declining and will never rise unless they produce something good into their industry.

[EDIT] No offense but most Cantonese songs sucks nowadays.

Edited by raidus, 04 January 2011 - 01:41 AM.

#12 TammyUSA

TammyUSA

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:37 AM

I am so happy for Rainie as #4 for Taiwan & #7 overall...GO RAINIE :thumbsup

#13 reiyi

reiyi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5508 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:52 AM

About Fahrenheit, 2 members are 30+ so they don't qualify (Wu Chun and Calvin) and maybe related to splitting income, but I'm not sure if in the list part of Selina Hebe Ella's incomes were calculated with group ad income not split.

Yes, I know Calvin and Wu Chun does not qualify for the list anymore. Maybe Wu Chun would be on the list if he's under 30 since he made a number of movies last year. I was more surprised that Arron and Jiro aren't in. They are supposed to be the #1 boyband in Taiwan. If all 3 girls in the #1 girlband in Taiwan made it to the list, how come Arron and Jiro didn't? If the income is split, then, S.H.E's income should also be split. Maybe this shows that S.H.E made way more than FRH.

#14 Moonshade

Moonshade

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:18 AM

Wonder what happened to Joey Yung, I thought she be in the top 10 despite winning tons of awards every year in Hong Kong. I am shocked how Angelababy and Chrissie are on the list, this is getting ridiculous. Totally agree with the OP, HK is declining and will never rise unless they produce something good into their industry.

[EDIT] No offense but most Cantonese songs sucks nowadays.

Joey turned 30 already

#15 raidus

raidus

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:37 AM

Joey turned 30 already

oh...

#16 tvbx

tvbx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1369 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:43 AM

i'm very surprised to see Gillian up so high

#17 clang clang

clang clang

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:20 AM

Is this valid? How come Selina is on top? Endorsement income should have been on split computation...

#18 Pepperoni

Pepperoni

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:34 AM

i don't agree with S.H.E. ranking... Ella is the most famous and has the most endorsements compared to S.H...wonder why?

#19 Transition

Transition

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5129 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:14 AM

i don't agree with S.H.E. ranking... Ella is the most famous and has the most endorsements compared to S.H...wonder why?

Most endorsements are with the three of them, and you will have to consider that Hebe has released a solo album, attended a lot of shows and events alone while Selina has hosted and accepted a Mainland drama, it is widely known that artists get paid a lot there.
So I think this list is quite credible.

I'm glad for the top earning artists Selina, Charlene and Fan Bing Bing. But I rather they didn't have to work that hard. Selina wouldn't have to suffer if she didn't accept the drama while Charlene would have had a better health if her schedule wasn't that hectic.

#20 bapeman

bapeman

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1242 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:08 PM

Taiwan's top stars are mostly over 25 which is still a concern for me... although you have SHE who aren't yet 30 they are all over 25 and who is there to take over the next generation? I have yet to see the talent like a Show Luo or the next Jolin Tsai somewhere... Taiwan needs to step it up

#21 B x alaN n

B x alaN n

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3344 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:53 PM

Wow! Congrats to Charlene. She's one of the most hardworking artist in Hong Kong for sure!! And if her albums were included, I'm sure she would've made more! But nonetheless, she's already #1!

Anyway, how come 2 Mainland series, a movie and albums weren't included for Gillian's income? I think she would've made more as well..

Surprised to see Angelababy up so high...

Edited by B x alaN n, 04 January 2011 - 04:55 PM.

#22 mutts.

mutts.

Addict

• Forum Crew
  • 7614 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:44 PM

Wow! Congrats to Charlene. She's one of the most hardworking artist in Hong Kong for sure!! And if her albums were included, I'm sure she would've made more! But nonetheless, she's already #1!

Anyway, how come 2 Mainland series, a movie and albums weren't included for Gillian's income? I think she would've made more as well..

Surprised to see Angelababy up so high...

If you look at the individual break-down in the news link, her series and movie income are accounted for and already added in the total. They are included in her "Film income" category which total to 950 000. I guess you can add in her album too - last year when different sources were calculating Charlene's 2009 income, they totalled Charlene's Platinum albums as earning 600 000 each. So I guess with Gillian's album selling Gold which is half of that, that'd be 300 000 then.

I'm also a little surprised to see models in the Top 10 for HK, but I guess that's what the article is saying about HK's entertaiment industry really needing a boost of actual young talent.

#23 reiyi

reiyi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5508 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:40 AM

I'm also a little surprised to see models in the Top 10 for HK, but I guess that's what the article is saying about HK's entertaiment industry really needing a boost of actual young talent.

I see that the bulk of Angelababy's income comes from endorsement deals, which actually doesn't contribute to the entertainment circle in terms of quality but only monetary.

But anyway, I don't mind Angelababy. She acted quite well in 'Hot Summer Days'. So, I considered her as a young talent too.

I also notice that Fan Bing Bing's largest income comes from business activities. So, it's nothing to do with entertainment industry again. I read in the article that it's something to do with properties. But, I don't understand what it is.

Edited by reiyi, 05 January 2011 - 02:59 AM.

#24 ...Miss Chatterbox...

...Miss Chatterbox...

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:04 AM

So proud of both Gillian and Charlene!!! Charlene being #1 for under 30 is not a surprise. The girl is constantly on the run, she deserves every penny!!!! Gillian did very well considering how she only started working again this last year. So happy for both of them!!!!

Edited by ...Miss Chatterbox..., 06 January 2011 - 05:09 AM.

#25 aznchick.QT

aznchick.QT

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:29 AM

They're all female! :D
and Yay for S.H.E being at the top of the list<33
SELINA<333 clapclap

#26 chibimoon

chibimoon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:51 AM

i like how the #1 spots are all girls

#27 jjding

jjding

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:45 PM

I am surprised that none of the F4 (especially Jerry Yan and Vic Chou) are in the top 10 Taiwan list.

I am definitely sad about the HK ent. industry. I tried listening to the current music and even music in the early 2000's. Most of them (if not all) are just unbearable. It seem like after the Four Heavenly Kings generation, nothing good came out!

In addition, HK is also falling back in dramas and films. So they're not only lack in young talented artists but as well as talented scripewriters, producers etc. Really, I don't think there's any more hope! Nowsaday, it seem like just anyone can become singers and actors without having to go through long period of training classes. Oh another thing, some singers who doesn't even know much about music can compose songs too!! Now, that's a joke! No wonder, HK industry is going down!

Edited by jjding, 11 January 2011 - 10:46 PM.

#28 mizztaznchick

mizztaznchick

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:17 PM

@jjding: All the F4 members are over the age of 30 with the exception of Vic Chou...so I don't know why he didn't make it to the list. Maybe he wasn't that active in 2010?

#29 adnil

adnil

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:37 AM

I really like Fan Bing Bing, I think she is very cute and a good actor. Same with Ah Sa but sometimes I find her to be a little fake and not as innocent as portrayed.

#30 livia208

livia208

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 01:33 AM

No wonder a lot of HK stars are trying to go in to the China/Taiwan market ... they make so much more money there .... more then they can just working in HK

#31 MrCritique

MrCritique

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2037 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:08 AM

I noticed Yoga Lin is on this list but not his girl friend G.E.M. who seemed to work harder and more prolific than he was. I wonder why....

#32 bluehearts

bluehearts

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:49 PM

I'm proud of Gillian. Even after that obstacle she's still landing on the Top 5 for HK =)

I also think they didn't include Gillian's mainland drama fees since it's too low. It's probably just her film fees which would make sense then. Mainland is known to pay a lot so for 2 long dramas, she should at least break a few million even if the scandal might have affected her fees somewhat...