AF Official Translator

• News Crew
  • 623 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:55 PM

Debridement Surgery Selina Awakes in Tears after 5 Hours

Posted Image

Source: UDN
Translated by Cmiley @ http://asianfanatics.net

Selina burned while filming, since returning from Shanghai to Taiwan on a special flight the night before, yesterday performed a 5 hour debridement surgery at Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Ren's father Ren Ming Ting says, his daughter is actually more optimistic and courageous than they had thought.

Since 9:00am morning Selina was operated to remove the damaged skin tissues, than placed with the artificial until completion at 2:00pm in the afternoon, the surgery was successful, she regained consciousness by 3:00pm in the afternoon, Ren Ba says; “Xuan Xuan's eyes were in tears, mood was a bit emotional, it hurts, but she can bear it, really makes people feel dismayed.” Because of the anesthesia, Selina was sleeping most of the time.

In fact Ren Ba was busy all night, early yesterday morning he went to keep watch at the hospital. He wrote on the site of his feelings: “After 3 days of painful suffering, seeing my precious's whole body wrapped in gauze brave and strong. Ren Ma has also brought along past days of collection of all friends' care and warmth to her. Next days to come, it's hard to even think about it. But precious you're not alone. Love you!”

Posted Image

Selina's Fiancé Chang Cheng Zhong Yesterday Evening Visits at 7:00pm, No Comment.

They returned to Taiwan within the crucial golden 72 hours, performed surgery, next Selina will go through 2-3 weeks of recuperation, then to determine the healing of the skin grafting, plastic surgery and other follow-up treatment and rehabilitation time. During this time, HIM general manager He Yan Ling says to avoid infection, have declined all visitors to family only, so Ella & Hebe her two good sisters will not visit the isolation ward in the meantime; to prevent infection and cause emotion to Selina.

Posted Image

There have been many rumours online; there are claims to be witnesses' re-enactments of the explosive scene, pointing out Selina repeatedly requested assurance “must be safe”. He Yan Ling points: “In the contract, there are clauses of not necessary to have the artists to personally take part in the danger scenes, if Selina thought it wasn't possible, she won't do it, but at this time we are still waiting for the filming crew's statement.”

Not able to see her good sister, Hebe wrote online “Wifey, I want to hug you”, Ella wrote: “Does it hurt, at this moment my heart shatters, your big tear drops keep dropping, but you didn't forget to be courageous. Princess Selina, you've been injured, you are still my Princess.”

Including November 6th the beginning of the Flower Expo function, it will be carried on by the 2. Hao Lung Bin said yesterday, SHE's voice and reputation is already the expo's favourite, Selina is forever the flower expo's goodwill ambassador, spokesperson, under any circumstances will not affect her endorsement.

Edited by doraemon♡JAY, 26 October 2010 - 04:22 AM.
thumbnails for news pics :)

#2 BlissfulRain

BlissfulRain

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:14 PM

Selina really is a brave person, no doubt. Hao Ming is even more brave, to protect her and risk his own life. We will continue to pray for you, two truly deserving people.
  • Icy~<3, Icetea, SweetyPie and 3 others like this

#3 cmiley

cmiley

AF Official Translator

• News Crew
  • 623 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:15 PM

Additional News:

Tuesday October 26, 2010 Taiwan

Hebe's Mother Willing to Donate Skin H.E Upset Not Able to Visit

Source: YAM China Times
Translated by Cmiley @ Asianfanatics

Hebe's mother Tien Ma treats Selina as if it was hers, on her blog she said: "I'm willing to donate my skin to Xuan Xuan to skin graft, even though my skin is old, but surface area is small and won't be affected." Touching everyone. Hebe, Ella returned eagerly hoping to see her, but her injuries are serious, restricted to only family member visits, appearently the two were upset as they were anxious, HIM says: "The two of them would for sure not sneak in." The company has also set up a "add oil" section for Selina.

When Hebe, Ella were performing in China last night, they specially sang the song "Princess Selina" they composed when Selina injured her leg to give her blessings. SHE is less one were injury, the 2 days ago their performances have been soley done by Hebe, Ella only, next there will be 1 New Years, 2 commercial performancs, 6 adverisements affected, HIM says most of the commercial companies are willing to accept the double pair or wait, but has officially resigned from CTV's "Guess Guess Guess", but producer Zhan Ran Xiong says he will wait until she returns.

#4 SaraDonna

SaraDonna

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:29 PM

Selina, you can do it, be strong, you're in my constant prayers! May you have speedy recovery, Selina!!

#5 SweetyPie

SweetyPie

Shopaholic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:38 PM

Poor Selina. This will be a difficult time for her and her family. But I hope she continues to stay optimistic and brave. I'm happy to hear that she is being as courageous as possible through this painful ordeal. She needs to continue to jia you! It's unfortunate that Ella and Hebe aren't able to visit her yet. That must be really hard for them seeing how close the 3 girls are but under those circumstances and for her well-being, I'm sure they will understand.

Selina, jia you! Jia you jia you!!

#6 sytwo

sytwo

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7362 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:17 AM

This news brought tears to my eyes. May Selina and all her loved ones be filled with hope and courage at this time. And may she heal with minimal scarring and her days ahead be even brighter than ever.

And Jiayou to Yu Haoming too! My heart goes out to this young guy.

#7 gorgias

gorgias

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 01:34 AM

I don't think I've ever heard of the golden 72 hours rule... always thought it was under 24 hours if not less. In any case, hopefully she can get a speedy recovery. Burn wounds are extremely painful.

#8 YunHo♥neyBunny

YunHo♥neyBunny

UKnowYunho

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7288 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:05 AM

The article make me teary, Selina is such a strong girl, though its pretty hard but I am sure she will goes through this smoothly.
Everyone is praying for her, so she will be blessed.

#9 POGA

POGA

Yo!

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1498 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:37 AM

Yu Hao Ming, 加油加油加油! There's no news of you but...REALLY hoping you are okay, with your even more serious injuries....please recover safely, and get back to everyone waiting for you to heal. Healing's all that's important, not the time it takes.

Selina, 加油加油加油! Take your time to recover, as much time as you need. Your fans will still be waiting when you come back, I'm sure of it...what matters more is you get better, no matter how long it takes.

Everyone's hoping both are okay....hope you guys heal completely.
  • ~Sw33tz~ and cinnamon_coffee like this

#10 lilthuggie

lilthuggie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:47 AM

Hope Selena has a speedy recovery! It's such an unfortunate accident, and it's even more amazing to hear the male lead protect Selena like that ... brave guy! Wish them both all the best ... add oil!!!

#11 chels_018

chels_018

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:36 AM

加油 Selina! Your family, fans and friends are praying for you continuously.
I'll surely miss seeing Selina with Hebe and Ella, performing altogether.
but I know it's for Selina's sake. 加油加油加油! Never Give Up, S.H.E!

#12 darkboyz

darkboyz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:45 AM

Wish Selina all the best. Hope that her wound will heal fast and back to the entertainment soon.

#13 =sx.k=

=sx.k=

下一站, 幸福♡

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3827 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 01:56 PM

Selina Ren braves 5-hour surgery
Selina makes it through her first surgery and is out of danger

Source : xinmsn.com

Hang in there Selina.

The member of Taiwanese pop group S.H.E went through a five-hour surgery on Monday to have her wounds cleaned up and to remove dead skin from her burns. It started from 9am and ended at around 2pm.

She has since regained consciousness and is out of danger. But the journey to full recovery will be a long and painful one.

Selina sustained serious burns in an accident while shooting a drama. She suffered burns on over 50% of her body -- 30% were third degree burns and above. The most serious areas include her back, thighs, arms and hands.

The Taiwanese pop star had originally planned to wed her fiancé Richard Chang in April 2011, but it looks like the plans would have to be pushed back.

Her fiancé has been by her side since the ordeal, accompanying her on the flight to Taipei from Shanghai. He looked weary when he visited her on Monday evening.

Selina's parents are not having it any easier as her paternal grandfather is suffering from a stroke. Father Ren has been visiting Selina at the hospital and rushing home to attend to his own father.

Father Ren, who was accompanied by his wife when he spoke to the media after Selina's surgery, said tears welled up in Selina's eyes as he comforted her. He said that Selina is a very strong and optimistic girl, just like her mother.

After seeing his daughter for the first time since she was transferred back to Taiwan, Father Ren left a heartfelt comment on his blog, saying, "I've finally seen my precious baby after three long and painful days, all wrapped up in gauze. I can't imagine how the rest of the journey might turn out to be but don't worry baby you are not alone. Love you."

Selina's sister Kristen has been trying to deal with the pressure of the media constantly tearing when asked about her sister. She thanked everyone who helped get Selena back safely to Taiwan.

HIM International director Linda Ho expressed that the company will provide updates on Selina's condition on their official website. Aside from immediate family members, other well-wishes are encouraged not to visit as Selina's wound are very susceptible to infection these two days.

---------------------------

S.H.E's Selina Ren undergoes surgery for severe burns on body

Source : Channel News Asia

TAIWAN: Taiwan pop trio S.H.E's Selina Ren has undergone surgical debridement to remove damaged tissue from the site of the burns she suffered when an explosion scene in her upcoming drama "I Have A Date With Spring" went awry, reported Taiwan media.

Speaking to reporters during a press conference at the Linkou branch of the Chang Gung Memorial Hospital on Monday, Linda Ho, general manager of HIM International, the music label to which Ren belongs, said that the singer's five-hour operation "went very, very well".

"Ren recovered consciousness at about 3pm. Her parents have visited her and her emotions are very stable. All her vital signs, according to the doctors, are very good.

"She is just very tired after the operation. We should let her rest as much as possible and get better. It will take two to three weeks for her to recover from this operation," said Ho, adding that the main concern now is to make sure Ren's wounds do not become infected.

This is just the first of many hurdles for Ren on her road to recovery, which observers say may take a very long time.

Ren's father, who was also at the scene, appeared calm, however, his words betrayed his emotions.

"It is painful but they have administered painkillers. My daughter says she can take it (the pain) but I can't bear it," said the elder Ren of his daughter's condition.

He also revealed that there were "minor burns" on his daughter's face though the majority of her serious burns were on her legs as she was wearing stockings, a particularly flammable article of clothing, when the accident happened on Friday.

Selina Ren's fiance, Richard Chang, also turned up to visit. He was spotted somberly heading straight to Ren's intensive care ward on Monday and ignoring all questions from the gathered press.

Chang, a lawyer, was apparently handling a big trial Monday afternoon and could not visit Ren earlier when she returned to Taiwan on Sunday night after Friday's mishap.

A terrifying blaze

Friday's horrific accident saw Ren, 28, and her co-star Ham Yu, 22, suffer severe burns and writhing in agony, when the explosives put in place for an explosion scene in "I Have A Date With Spring" detonated prematurely.

Eyewitnesses said that Ren's clothes were on fire and she was screaming "It burns! It burns!" immediately after the explosion.

Yu on the other hand, appeared to be in shock and had a glazed look in his eyes as the production crew rushed forward to help the still-smouldering pair.

Yu's injuries were slightly less severe than Ren – he had second-degree burns while Ren suffered from third-degree burns – and was now in a stable condition.

"The most dangerous, most difficult 72 hours have just passed. Yu is no longer in critical condition.

"His vital signs are stable and doctors tell me he can eat small amounts of food," said a spokeswoman from Yu's management company EE-Media, at a press conference in Shanghai on Monday.

She added that Yu was in no danger of disfigurement.

Ren was not so lucky. She suffered third degree burns on her arms, hands, finger, thighs and back. Skin grafts have been planned for Ren though it is unknown how these injuries will affect her career.

Burns are classified in degrees, increasing in severity from first (sunburns for example) to sixth-degree burns (burns where tissue has been burnt away and bone is exposed).

Third degree burns will leave extensive scars.

The production company behind "I Have A Date With Spring" has since denied allegations that they had used an unqualified pyrotechnics director, whose negligence caused the tragedy.

"We had a pyrotechnic director who fulfilled all the requirements.

"What we can confirm is that this incident was not the pyrotechnics director's fault. The main culprit is a pyrotechnic equipment malfunction caused by wear and tear," said the drama's producer.

- CNA/ha

Edited by =sx.k=, 26 October 2010 - 02:02 PM.

#14 mae

mae

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:58 PM

Reading these updates on their condition made me teary eyed too. They are so strong and optimistic despite the unfortunate circumstances. All the best to them.

This accident reminded me of Hu Ge's car accident a few years ago while he was filming LOCH with Ariel Lin. There was fear of disfigurement and going blind in one eye. Not sure what residual issues he has, but he looks great after some minor cosmetic surgery! And his acting is as good if not better.

Selina and Haoming will be the same. They will pull through and become stronger! =)

#15 hellomashi

hellomashi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1734 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:14 PM

It's really good of Selina that she is optimistic. Selina, be strong!

#16 BKzzard

BKzzard

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:17 PM

There is no such thing as speedy recovery when it comes to third degree burns + an affected area of more than 30%. With 40% TBA, her life is still in danger because the risk of infection is extremely high.

I think fans need to be psychologically prepared to give her all that encouragement in months to come. She needs to be sedated for weeks, spend months in the hospital and years to recover physically and emotionally. They may say she is putting on bravely but that's because she hasn't seen her scars. Her career with S.H.E and as an actress is over.

I feel sorry and shock for her after watching the interviews of eyewitnesses. It isn't her fault and this had to happen when she and everyone were looking forward to the wedding.

Edited by BKzzard, 26 October 2010 - 05:24 PM.

#17 pucca

pucca

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:27 PM

I'm so sad now after reading this. I just hope that her fiance won't dump her and that he will still love her for who she is. Because even with the skin graft surgery, it will leave permanent scars. =( I also hope that the minor burns on her cheeks won't leave any scars on her beautiful face. Whatever happens to her physical appearance, she still has her fans with her.

#18 BlissfulRain

BlissfulRain

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:40 PM

Selina probably already knows how much damage she's taking for this unfortunate incident, but once she sees what's happened to her she'll be reminded all over again. I'm pretty sure that no matter what happens, there will always be some people who are willing to give that support to Selina for years to come. It's unfair to stop supporting her just because something happened that she had no control over.

I'm willing to support her anyways, career or no career.
  • YunHo♥neyBunny likes this

#19 my name is ZWS

my name is ZWS

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:42 PM

really sad to hear bout this news.. hope Selina will get well soon..
keep support her...

#20 sunny-dayz

sunny-dayz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:04 AM

I think it's way too early to speculate whether Selina's career is over. As a matter of fact, if Gillian Chung can make a comeback after 'that incident', I have a feeling the audience and fans will be way more forgiving and supportive of Selina given that this wasn't her fault at all. Taiwanese fans tend to be very supportive of their idols, and S.H.E. is no different.

Best of luck to her for a full recovery. It will be a long journey, but I'm happy for her that she has Heba, Ella, her family and her friends' support, not to mention her fans. All you need is love.

#21 rosa_123

rosa_123

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:42 AM

i hope her fiance not going to dump because of what happened to her and how she will turns out. i would be so pissed if he does

#22 luvjerry889

luvjerry889

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:55 AM

I feel the same pain as Ren Pa because I had experienced & see with my own eyes how painfull & torture when you got burn . The same incident happen when my child was only 5 months old , he got scalded by hot boiling water from chest down to toe. My heart felt so painfull, i cried in silent when looking at the my crying baby, where I cant hold & hug him cos all the skin turn black, starts to peel & you can see red flesh. He was isolated, stayed in 1 beded room with minimum visitors. Currently, he is doing fine after 2 skin graft but with minimal scars.

I pray for Selina's fast recovery & Ren Pa family....be strong.

Edited by luvjerry889, 27 October 2010 - 06:57 AM.

#23 alittlebitcloser

alittlebitcloser

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:50 AM

Jia you both Selina and Yu Hao Ming!! This is such a tragic accident....

#24 cinnamon_coffee

cinnamon_coffee

我相信

• Forum Seniors
  • 1622 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:39 PM

Her career with S.H.E and as an actress is over.

How can you say such a cruel thing?? No one, including you has an idea what will happen with her in the future, maybe the scars won't be so visible in the end and she will be able to come back, how can you know??? It's way too early to judge and try to predict anything.

#25 YunHo♥neyBunny

YunHo♥neyBunny

UKnowYunho

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7288 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:52 PM

Even there will be some scars on her, BUT saying how her career is over, isn't it a bit harsh? I believed lots of ppl loves her not because of how she looks, but mostly because of her singing and outgoing personality. She still can sings beautifully even with scars on her, also there is only a pretty small burn on her face, so I dont think it will leave her any scars though. In addition, true Selina/S.H.E's fans will continue to love and support her no matter what.

Edited by U-Know♥Angel, 27 October 2010 - 12:55 PM.

#26 2mingenfan

2mingenfan

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:16 PM

Good luck with your recovery Selina..lots of folks are pulling for you...

#27 yewkeen

yewkeen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:27 PM

oh dear..get well soon and God bless you selina..

#28 foppiee

foppiee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:41 AM

oh my god i fee so bad for selina and her family now! i know accident happens :( and i hope she heals and has no pain during the recovery stage ( i know impossible) but i still pray for her poor girl suffered enough already!

#29 aznmusiclOve

aznmusiclOve

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:46 AM

GET WELL SOON SELINA!! ;)
Selina is a confident and strong woman i know she can make it :thumbsup
even if there are scars inflicted on her, im sure shes gonna do fine!!
for now we pray for her to recover soon and get well!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users