The Great Pyramids
1. Empty Tomb: No body of any kind were found in the Great Pyramids itself. If the Great Pyramids were really a tomb for the Pharaoh, why was a body never found in it despite that one of the chambers had a so called "sarcophagus". If the Pharaoh wasn't suppose to be buried there, why would they designed a chamber containing a sarcophagus? The chamber must have another purpose besides being the Pharaoh's burial chamber. In addition, there is relatively little artifacts of Khufu himself besides one small miniature statue and some other unidentified sculptures. How can someone so important not have any portraits or sculptures of himself? I mean he did build the greatest pyramids of all time right?
2. No Hieroglyphic Writings: There is no hieroglyphics nor writings of any kind within the pyramid itself to suggest that it is the burial place for Khufu nor is there any evidence on who built the place besides some graffiti from a later time period. There is a hieroglyph stating the Pharaoh's name, Khufu on the walls of the upper-most room but it is located in an obscured location. If the pyramid was indeed a tomb for the Pharaoh. wouldn't you inscribe your name somewhere that is obvious and clear to the viewer that this is your tomb or atleast acknowledge that it is built for you? It is possible that the hieroglyphs of Khufu's name had been faked since it is located away from the main complex in an unimportant room that is littered with graffitis from 18th century explorers.
Plus, there is nothing mention about building the Great Pyramids nor the Sphinx in Egyptian writings and hieroglyphs during the time. Such a task should have been more talked about right? How come there nothing about it in their history?
3. Unparalleled Precision: The Great Pyramids were constructed with such accuracy that the base wall of each side of the pyramids were less than 1/4 of an inch from being perfectly straight from one end to the other. That is nearly impossible to do in modern construction. Furthermore, the Great Pyramids' geographical orientation are located so precise that its sides run nearly perfectly north and south, east and west with it's deviation of just about 3 arc minutes from truth north. How can a civilization that just came out of the stone age were able to calculate such mathematical precision and then just forgot about it afterward? No other pyramids built before or after were so precise. It doesn't make sense because wouldn't later pyramids be bigger and more elaborate since the technology needed would be evolving? Why is it that all the other pyramids in the later eras are significantly smaller than the Great Pyramids? It could be that the Great Pyramids were already there when the Egyptians arrived and that the Egyptians tried to mimic the construction of the Great Pyramids with their own pyramids.
4. Construction Technique: There are many theories to how the Great Pyramids were built but there is no conclusive evidence. One prevailing theory is that a mile long ramp was used to build the pyramids. However, many suggest that theory is unlikely because it would require more time building the ramp than it does building the pyramid itself. Plus, there are no evidence of any construction debris left over from the ramp. The other theory is that logs were used to move the stones to the construction site. This theory is often disproved because of the lack of trees in Egypt and that the logs itself would be crushed with the great weight of the stones. Thus some other form of technology unknown to us at the time must have built the Great Pyramids.
5. Astrological Importance: The design of the Great Pyramid indicates a vast knowledge of the skies and of the earth as it serves as a point of reference to many astronomical calculations such as a sun dial and a calendar. Also the geographical placement of the Great Pyramids matches with the three central stars of the Orion Constellation. However its alignment with the Orion Constellation today is off, thus it is purported that the Great Pyramids were constructed at the time when the Orion Constellation matches exactly to the geographical placement of the pyramids. It was around the year 10,500 B.C.E. when the Orion Constellation matches exactly where the Pyramids were, thus setting that as a possible date in which the Pyramids were constructed.
6. Test Of Time: Few structures this size was about to survive this long. Being the oldest of the Seven Wonders of the World, its fascinating that all the other wonders of the world which were built at a later time period with possibly more advanced construction technology and technique couldn't stand the test of time. Every one of them fell to the testament of time but somehow the Great Pyramids and the Sphinx were able to survive this long. How could a past civilization know more than a later civilization?
7. Disproportional Size The Sphinx was carved out of solid limestone several thousands years ago. However the head of the Sphinx is especially interesting as its size is extremely disproportional to the rest of the body. It is very evident when it is seen from the air. This suggest that the head of the Sphinx that we see today was carved out of an existing head that was built before. It is not known what the original head may have been, many believe it to be a lion's.
8. Astrological Sign: It is fairly certain that if the Great Pyramids represented the Orion Constellation, then the Sphinx could as well represent an astrological sign. The most recognizable and possibly the most logical would have been the constellation of Leo. However, the purported date in which the Sphinx was built is around 2560 B.C.E., was the epoch of Taurus, not Leo. Why would you build a monument to Leo when it is the age of Taurus? Thus we have to find out when did the epoch of Leo appeared over the horizon... and that date is 10,500 B.C.E. The same time as when the Orion Constellation is aligned with the Great Pyramids. Could it be true that the Great Pyramids and the Sphinx are older than they look?
9. Erosion Pattern: The pattern of erosion on the Sphinx and the pit around it suggests heavy rainfall for a period of time. Most geologist agrees that the erosion on the Sphinx were caused by water instead of wind. Egypt is such a acid place, how could it possibly receive that much rain over a period of time? One of the few times when this could have happened was during the melting of the ice age that produce heavy rain all over the world. The time of this event was around 10,500 B.C.E. Thus it is possible to conclude that the Sphinx was built before the melting of the ice age that produce the heavy rains. If this is true, then the time after it was abandon would have been covered with the desert sand, shielding its body but leaving the head to erode. This could explain why the head is so disproportionate to the body and also that the Egyptians could have repaired the head later, making it more humanoid in appearance.
What do others think? The Great Pyramids and the Sphinx were built by Egyptians? Or were they built by some lost civilization that had advanced technology and wisdom? There is no evidence as of yet of who these people where if someone else besides the Egyptians built it. I personally rule out aliens because it seems too outlandish to consider but who knows. Any comments? Opinions?
Edited by SomeAsianDude, 27 October 2010 - 04:28 AM.