AF needs funding again

Photo

Gigi Lai won't be sharing baby photos with media

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 14682 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:01 AM

Posted Image

Source: Mingpao
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

Gigi Lai won't be sharing baby photos with media

Last year Gigi Lai retired from the entertainment industry and married wealthy businessman Patrick Ma Ting Keung and became a happy wealthy wife. The other day (7/24th) she gave birth to twin girls for Mr. Ma at Canossa Hospital. Older sister was over 6 pounds, while little sister is only 3 pounds.

The other night, new father Patrick first announced the good news to the media and yesterday afternoon at 2pm, Patrick arrived at the hospital to accompany his wife. He got out of his car and was surrounded by the media, he accepted another interview with a huge smile on his face. He expressed that the twins still have not been given a name. Patrick really loves his wife Gigi, he reveals that Gigi is breastfeeding the girls, and after giving birth she is very tired, so she doesn't have much of an appetite. He brought food to the hospital for his wife. Reporters asked Patrick if they'll share pictures of the twins to the media? He joked: "The babies said they want some privacy, nope!"

Asked if they'll try again for a boy? He said let nature take its course. As for what gift will he give Gigi? He said whatever Gigi likes, he'll give it to her. He also said that Gigi will be discharged from the hospital soon, but the doctor has not decided the exact date.

Yesterday Gigi's parents and good friend Choi Ka Man visited her in the hospital. Honored to be grandparents, the two elders were very excited. They stayed for some time before leaving, asked about Gigi and Babies current mood? They only smiled nonstop: "Thank you Thank you!" Then they left in a hurry and even scratched someone's car.

#2 luv4dawave

luv4dawave

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:26 AM

i still can't believe Gigi is with that guy, let alone bearing his children....
man, that's mean haha

Edited by luv4dawave, 26 July 2010 - 07:27 AM.

#3 Coralie

Coralie

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2402 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:45 AM

^Mmm...I'm sure a lot of people share the same sentiment. Like 'fresh flower on top of cow dung.' A wasted beauty?

Then again, it's her life. It's not like she can carry beauty to her death and use it for everyday essentials.

#4 vanterminator

vanterminator

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1128 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:35 AM

Looks like the whole family of Gigi are really happy, wish them all the best.

#5 msa

msa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:58 AM

That's great news for her... good to hear that mum and baby are doing well!

#6 therainhouse

therainhouse

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:40 PM

They'll probably grow up to be as pretty as Gigi.

#7 chanel

chanel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:13 PM

Glad to know tht both mummy and babies are doing fine..congratulations to the happy family of four...

#8 suyoupeng

suyoupeng

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:36 PM

Congrats to her.. I think she really made the rite choice coz this man really loves her with all his heart n soul...

#9 Sabby

Sabby

s m i l e

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2982 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:49 PM

Congrats to Gigi and her family!
I wonder if they're identical or fraternal twins!
All the best to them =)

#10 jadeforever

jadeforever

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1139 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:16 PM

congrats to gigi and her family. best wishes to her and her babies. Hope the girls are doing well.

#11 littlegalpal

littlegalpal

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:35 AM

i still can't believe Gigi is with that guy, let alone bearing his children....
man, that's mean haha

This comment is rude and unnecesarry. Gigi is not in her teen or 20s, she in her late 30s, I'm sure she is aware of her decission. No one know what going on in their relationship except the couple. I remember reading after her brother accident, her husband was by her side and offer her emotional and financial support. Gigi been in the entertaiment industry since she was 14 yrs old, maybe she just looking for someone that can support her and treat her right. Maybe you're too young too understand, love is not just about attraction, lust...etc, some people just want a person for comfort and security. Look at her husband, he estastic to be a father...and from all the news he sound like he treat her very well. I wish them all the best with the babies.

#12 misshk

misshk

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:34 AM

congrats to gigi and her family. hope everything is going to be well for the little 3 pound girl, 3 pounds is a small baby

#13 SiGh

SiGh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1363 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:40 AM

congrats to them! i supposed gigi at her age.. most actress will end up marrying some wealthy guy.. maybe its just the norm in the entertainment industry :P

#14 sun7630

sun7630

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:40 AM

This comment is rude and unnecesarry. Gigi is not in her teen or 20s, she in her late 30s, I'm sure she is aware of her decission. No one know what going on in their relationship except the couple. I remember reading after her brother accident, her husband was by her side and offer her emotional and financial support. Gigi been in the entertaiment industry since she was 14 yrs old, maybe she just looking for someone that can support her and treat her right. Maybe you're too young too understand, love is not just about attraction, lust...etc, some people just want a person for comfort and security. Look at her husband, he estastic to be a father...and from all the news he sound like he treat her very well. I wish them all the best with the babies.

totally agree.....comon Gigi is 38 when she married....do you think she could afford to be very picky with her choice....she has been in the entertainment industry for more than 20 years and she is no some super star that makes tons of money....rich guys would prefer someone younger....look at Cathy Chow and Leung Lok Si and Chu Ling Ling...they are all young when they marry into rich family.

especially at that time Gigi really need emotional and financial support....she carries a lot of burden with her brothers and family....one can't live in lala land base on fantasy and romance, in a real world one has to paid for food and rent and on top of those she have to paid for a heavy medical expenses for her brother......it would be real nice to have a husband where you can relies on emotionally and financially and especially when someone that treats her so nice

Edited by sun7630, 27 July 2010 - 05:44 AM.

#15 kiwi3

kiwi3

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4548 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:56 AM

Wow Gigi had her baby already? I mean babies in this case lol. Congrats to her and i wish her and her family all the best!

#16 12acheL

12acheL

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:51 PM

congrats to gigi and her husband, hope the two girls grow up to be healthy. For twins, their weight difference is quite big one at 6lbs and the other at 3lbs.

#17 Pejaluver

Pejaluver

'Mr. & Mrs. Smith'

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:57 PM

Congrats to Gigi and her husband.

I'm glad Gigi and babies are doing well.

Thank you.

Also, Gigi was with her husband for many years before they got married. He wasn't disable when they got together.

#18 nyczanita

nyczanita

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:22 PM

I agree with you too.... gigi is in the late 30s and she is not the same as isabella.. isabella is like in her 20s and she married this guy that is twice her age and he is the son one of the richest man in the world....

#19 now

now

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:03 AM

I agree with you too.... gigi is in the late 30s and she is not the same as isabella.. isabella is like in her 20s and she married this guy that is twice her age and he is the son one of the richest man in the world....

Isabella had children out of wedlock..but Gigi didn't...I recalled Gigi saying that she wanted to have kids before 40 but have to be married first. She doesn't care about his looks, she just cared about his thoughts and he have to be caring, responsive, and broad-minded. Maybe this Patrick guy have all these. Besides, he was there for her when she needed help the most...like getting the best doctors for her brother...in a sense Gigi's brother's recovery have something to do with him. As about money..."War and Beauty" had gave Gigi both money & fame...she had made tens of millions of dollars from endorsements. Since she took over her brother's clinic...she had to invest in new equipment and hire new dermatologists to run the clinic so that is another burden for her...she had worked since 14 after her family got bankrupted...she was the family's financial backbone and she had paid for her brother's education in England...because of her..her brother was finally a successful doctor..her brother told Gigi to quit showbiz and he said that he could support her after she quits. But unfortunnately the fatal car accident in 2007 had destroyed him from repaying Gigi...instead Gigi have to struggle again to save him and his clinic..Gigi wanted to carry on his dreams by running the clinc and not giving it up.

Gigi's life seem like a drama...she is a good daughter, a good sister, and now a good mother...hopefully she will be happy from now on....Good people should be blessed...God bless her....

#20 Smirfy

Smirfy

♥CCL71♥

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4051 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:03 AM

good to hear that all are healthy...cant believe it's twins though. congrats to her and glad that she's happy.

#21 Tumby_tum

Tumby_tum

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1893 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:08 PM

Wow... she already give birth? I thought she was expecting in Aug. Wish her all the best!

#22 darkboyz

darkboyz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:19 PM

Congratulations to GIGI. She's doing the correct thing to protect her children from the press. They're simply overboard with some of the stuff lately.

#23 SaraDonna

SaraDonna

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:00 PM

Congratulations to Gigi...twins girls, woohooo.....but why is the husband walking with the canes? how come he looks so old in this pic? is that really Gigi's hubby? hehe

#24 backtrack

backtrack

Sexually Confused

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:51 PM

Congrats Gigi, the girls would be beautiful if they take after their mom and I am a bit concern about the second baby for being so small, hopefully they will be release from the hospital soon.

#25 love_gill_4eva

love_gill_4eva

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:16 PM

Congratz of Gigi!!
wish her girls are as pretty as her!!
what a happy family!!