AF needs funding again

Photo

[BREAKING NEWS] Johnny to remove Akanishi from KAT-TUN

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

#1 meoinkie2

meoinkie2

by your side

• News Crew
  • 7276 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 02:50 AM

Posted Image

KAT-TUN's Jin Akanishi (26) will officially graduate from the group later this year, it has been announced. During KAT-TUN's concert at the Tokyo Dome on Friday night, Johnny's Jimusho president Johnny Kitagawa KAT-TUN held a concert at the Tokyo Dome on Friday night, and Johnny's Jimusho president Johnny Kitagawa spoke to the press there on the same day. He said that the final decision will be made after Akanishi's U.S. tour this fall, but at this point it appears to already be guaranteed.

Since May, Akanishi has been in the United States, working on his solo career. He performed concerts in Los Angeles in June, and he has scheduled a 7-city tour for September and October. Kitagawa also revealed that Akanishi is already planning further concerts for 2011. Meanwhile, KAT-TUN has been continuing as a 5-member group, just as they did when Akanishi temporarily left in 2006 to study abroad.

Kitagawa explained that right now, the focus is only on Akanishi becoming successful in the U.S. He said that it would be too soft on Akanishi to let him return to KAT-TUN as a fallback if he doesn't succeed. It would also be unforgivable to KAT-TUN fans to have Akanishi dragging the group on, or returning the same way he did in 2007.

Kitagawa once again assured fans that KAT-TUN is not breaking up. Although the group's name is based on the initial characters of the members' names, it is said that Akanishi's "A" will be replaced by extending Kazuya Kamenashi's "K" to "KA." There are no plans to bring in a new member, as Kitagawa stated that there is no need to have six people in the group. He said that the five remaining members are currently doing fine without Akanishi.

tokyograph

Spoiler

Edited by meoinkie2, 19 July 2010 - 05:04 AM.

#2 weird&short

weird&short

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 03:08 AM

WHOAAAA.

Well surprisingly, i do like that new song that KTTUN released, no more pain.
ah well. good luck to both groups.

I don't think Jin was the same after he returned from LA the first time. So maybe it's for the best...

Edited by weird&short, 17 July 2010 - 03:09 AM.

#3 sparkles_n15

sparkles_n15

あゝ、荒野 2011.11.05

• News Crew
  • 1536 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 04:42 AM

I think this was bound to happen...I mean, with the group split on two different sides of the world. However, I'm hopeful that both Jin and KaTTUN will be successful in whatever they do.

#4 fertry

fertry

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:58 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :crying:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHAT THE f*ck IS GOING ON? HE CAN#T JUST LEAV KAT-TUN :crying:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :crying:
OMG..... OMG..... WHAT THE HELL.... WHY :crying:

why are they doing this to us? what the f*ck? every kat-tun fan would have waited for jin even If it had taken him 10 years......why is
this johnny grandpa doing this.... :mad:

OMG......WHAT ARE THEY DOING TO US KAT-TUN FANSSSSSS NOOOOOOO :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

i don't want that.....akanishi can't leave.....don't......but still :wave: kat-tun fans will always support you.....we just hope you come to your senses!
Come back to kat-tun....you won't be successfull

#5 kisavic

kisavic

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:36 AM

it is a lie right? tell me if it is lie. I never going to believe it is the truth. it is a lie

#6 miira-chaan

miira-chaan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:21 AM

i wonder hoe Kame reacted to this BREAKING NEWS. :crying:
and yes, he would most definitely receive the biggest blow. :crying: :crying: :crying:
JIN.! come on. KAT-TUN is nothing without you. . . :wave: :crying: :crying:

#7 ♥kurisutaru♥

♥kurisutaru♥

♥ 火+土♥

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4896 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:46 AM

this is bound to happen, many ppl had expected this to happen for a long time...

JIN.! come on. KAT-TUN is nothing without you. . . :wave: :crying: :crying:

It's comments like that really irritates me <_< It infuriates me to think that some ppl believe that KAT-TUN's success over the years is only because of Jin <_< NO, the success of KAT-TUN is because of ALL 6 of its members, the hard work, the talents, the charms, the individuality of ALL 6 of its members are what makes KAT-TUN work. Just Jin alone is NOT enough.

Although it won't be the same without Jin in the group, the other 5 members still have a lot to contribute to the group, they will still keep KaT-TUN alive with their talents, their charms & their hard work. And many fans will still continue to support them.

If you are only a Jin fan, then so be it, continue to support Jin. But do NOT think that this is over for KAT-TUN because one member is leaving. Some fans are already getting used to KaT-TUN being 5 members & Jin going solo & are still going to support them separately....it's just a matter of time, for other fans to adjust to the news & changes.

#8 meoinkie2

meoinkie2

by your side

• News Crew
  • 7276 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:59 AM

uhmm, so Jin still remains under Johnny's? more so J-ONE? and he's now considered a solo artist? like Matchy for example?

#9 Karla07

Karla07

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:31 AM

Not exactly a fan of KAT-TUN but this news is devastating! It would create a lot of ruckus and drama with the fans and it's just sad.
This is a very sad news. I hope Johnny-san knows what he's doing.

#10 ilidecember

ilidecember

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:39 PM

I'm not a KAT-TUN fan though this news is so sad to hear.. :down
I just hate it when members move out of their respective group..

#11 boobooboobooboo

boobooboobooboo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 01:08 PM

I lol'd. HARD.

Oh, Johnny. You really know how to make me laugh. <3

#12 k.jay

k.jay

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 03:15 PM

o.m.g.......... guess dis is true afterall!! gosh, m so sad.. juz when i started to like dem, dey have to split. anyway, wish kat-tun and jin all d best in their career..

haixxx.. all d best to jin in US and kat-tun debut in Korea ~.~

Edited by k.jay, 17 July 2010 - 03:16 PM.

#13 brewingstorm

brewingstorm

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 04:04 PM

this is... well... i really dont know what to say anymore.

i for one am very much into the whole 'one for all, all for one' concept in a group, the togetherness of the members, the bond since the very beginning. it's a bit sad how this doesnt apply in many groups now -.- i mean, WHERE'S THE MEMBER-AI?! bring that back, please, and the world would definitely be a happier place.

well, so long, jin. you'll still be around, but honestly i dont care much to keep track of solo artists. and im not interested in a group that's not a whole anymore and is trying to be. both parties will survive without each other undoubtedly, but to which extend, only time would tell.

the next thing we fans will know, yamapi's going solo. the way NEWS is now, it wouldnt make much of a difference anyway. and no, im not trying to jinx anything, mind.

#14 mag95513

mag95513

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:05 PM

I knew this was going to happen. Jin is dragging the group on. Many reports in the past says Jin wasn't very hardworking and often went drinking and came to work with panda eyes. It's really unfair for the other members who've worked so hard on KAT-TUN to be treated that way.
Good Luck to Jin, cause I haven't even heard of his U.S tour until now. It's really hard for asians to break into the U.S industry these days. Look at Wonder Girls, I haven't even heard them on the radio once.

#15 pinkegobox

pinkegobox

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:35 PM

this is bound to happen, many ppl had expected this to happen for a long time...

It's comments like that really irritates me <_< It infuriates me to think that some ppl believe that KAT-TUN's success over the years is only because of Jin <_< NO, the success of KAT-TUN is because of ALL 6 of its members, the hard work, the talents, the charms, the individuality of ALL 6 of its members are what makes KAT-TUN work. Just Jin alone is NOT enough.

Although it won't be the same without Jin in the group, the other 5 members still have a lot to contribute to the group, they will still keep KaT-TUN alive with their talents, their charms & their hard work. And many fans will still continue to support them.

If you are only a Jin fan, then so be it, continue to support Jin. But do NOT think that this is over for KAT-TUN because one member is leaving. Some fans are already getting used to KaT-TUN being 5 members & Jin going solo & are still going to support them separately....it's just a matter of time, for other fans to adjust to the news & changes.

i couldn't have said it better. i DEFINITELY believe the group will be fine without him...maybe even better. he didn't seem to happy to be with them anyways. and if KAT-TUN is nothing without him, how on earth did the tickets for their world tour sold out in a matter of minutes?

#16 CrazyWatermelon

CrazyWatermelon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:28 PM

Jin was bound to leave the group when he left the group to do his own solo concerts in the States. It is always different when one member of the group leaves, it's just never the same anymore.

#17 geminihazelnut

geminihazelnut

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:11 PM

Yeah, I saw this last night on tokyohive. =/
I didn't know they were using the "A" from Kame though.
This is disappointing. It's weird with him gone.
Well, I wish him the best of luck in his solo career.

#18 Appetite4HanKyung

Appetite4HanKyung

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:16 PM

well im not sad he's leaving. im glad. i really dislike him. what an arrogant nasty attitude he displays. even a few years ago, in that tv show they had, cartoon stm, he always had this passive bored face on, like he was forced to be there against his will. i felt like he had to force himself to smile also. and i remember one PV behind the scenes, he came and pushed some member with this arrogant face on. i was like WTF: i get the feeling he always felt he was better than the group. i wont miss him at all, the group will be great without him.good riddance.

#19 baybeehxsleepi

baybeehxsleepi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1180 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:36 PM

uhmmm kinda see this coming? why so surprised? he still in johnnys so hope he does some collaboration with them in the future. im still wishing for a calloboration of PIN. i wish pi can be his special guest in the US concert so i can see Pi :)

#20 Seiji

Seiji

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:40 PM

Damn! The thing that I had a feeling will happened, happened. I mean, there were too many signs that if he left for the second time, he might not come back. Besides, you people are worried about Kamenashi-kun, I'm worried about Yamapi! Weren't him and Bakanishi like brothers?

Man, makes me wish I was one of the people to slap Jin in the head saying, "What's wrong with you?! Heading to the U.S. again?! For what?! All you ever want and need is here in Nippon!" Also, why do I have the feeling that he doesn't want to only do concerts in the U.S. of A. But then again, a bird has to leave the nest some time. I say if he wanted more stuff to do, go to S. Korea. Book ya non-stop is what they do. lol

Speaking of S.K., why does this feel like 2PM all over again...

Anyway, I wish Jin and KaT-TUN all the best.

#21 hori

hori

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:35 PM

Yea, this will happen sooner or later....but I would prefer Jin staying with Kat-tun :unsure:

#22 AmbrosiaLorien

AmbrosiaLorien

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 12:25 AM

in reality, jin hasn't really been with the group for a while. but knowing he was still officially with kattun always made me feel good inside. even if it was just a nominal thing. i guess this was inevitable. =(

#23 keeyshane

keeyshane

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1052 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 02:26 AM

the next thing we fans will know, yamapi's going solo. the way NEWS is now, it wouldnt make much of a difference anyway. and no, im not trying to jinx anything, mind.

well, NEWS doesnt have a Kame so Johnny wouldnt allow that to happen.
Imagine if Yamapi leaves NEWS, that's like breaking the group apart too. At least KAT TUN have their Kame with them.
The only difference is that Yamapi does solo but never missed a NEWS release, unlike Jin who had been missing from 2 albums and 2 singles already.

#24 Hyung_nim_FEVER

Hyung_nim_FEVER

Addicted to JGS!

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1119 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:03 AM

I am just surprised to hear this from Johnny himself. I hope Jin can carry this on, breaking into the US market is a bit tough though.

#25 Jabba-holic

Jabba-holic

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:06 AM

Phssh I bet they think Jin is too good for Kat-tun. <_<

Is Akanishi really that popular in America or what?

Edited by Jabba-holic, 18 July 2010 - 04:06 AM.

#26 Hyung_nim_FEVER

Hyung_nim_FEVER

Addicted to JGS!

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1119 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:14 AM

i couldn't have said it better. i DEFINITELY believe the group will be fine without him...maybe even better. he didn't seem to happy to be with them anyways. and if KAT-TUN is nothing without him, how on earth did the tickets for their world tour sold out in a matter of minutes?

I agree. KaTTUN can still survive without Jin. For how long? Well, they just have to try again like they what did previously.

#27 kieu anh

kieu anh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:51 AM

I for sure agree with BOTH of you. I mean I liked Akanishi in Gokusen (he had great personality in the behind the scenes) but when he left to LA and came back he seemed so arrogant..And for later projects like Cartoon Kat-Tun it always gave off the feel like he thought he was better than everyone and uncool when the rest of the members were trying to liven up the atmosphere with gags and stuff. Plus the group can for sure survive without him! I mean wasn't it because of Kame (who participated in the popular Shuji to Akira) that the group had a quicker exposure later on with their own single since one member was already known. Usually when you somewhat like one member it's normal to look at all the other members individually too and pick who you like best after right? I dunno..I think it's for the better that he left seeing how he doesn't show enough motivation to participate as KAT-TUN.

#28 kitmiaoww

kitmiaoww

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:05 AM

I think KaTTUN will be fine in Japan...but will Akanishi be okay in the States by himself? This is the States we're talking about. How many Asians have tried to enter the western market? And how many have suceeded? Akanishi may have had his Johnny-loving following when he had his solo concert in the States before...but are they actually thinking of putting him into the mainstream music scene? Hope he braces himself for a lot of hard work and possible disappointment. Just being realistic.

#29 Shikiyo

Shikiyo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 12:03 PM

Let's face it, Akanishi Jin is the most bankable member in KAT-TUN, even though Kame have lots of dramas, and the other members are totally talented.

It's hard to ignore Akanishi Jin, wheter you love, like or hate him, he is the member that you will always notice.
So because of his prominent presence, Johnny Kitagawa realized that Akanishi can handle a bankable career alone, but the question is "Can he make it on Mainstream America?"

I am a fan of Akanishi Jin, but I don't know if his prominent presence can help him to survive in Mainstream America...

For the remaining members of KAT-TUN, I am sure they will survive as a group, but I don't know if Kame can handle this alone?
I hope they will always be an asset in the company and not a liability. <_<

Edited by Shikiyo, 18 July 2010 - 12:04 PM.

#30 ♥kurisutaru♥

♥kurisutaru♥

♥ 火+土♥

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4896 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 12:33 PM

^Kame & Jin are both the 2 most bankable members of KT by a long shot, period...and without 1 of the group's most profitable members, some ppl are concerned about whether KT's other most profitable member Kame can handle it alone.

Well, at least KaT-TUN still has Kame...ppl need to take into account that the other 5 members have managed without Jin before, this is the 2nd time, so it's not a new experience for them. Besides, in the last few months, KaT-TUN have been managing very well without Jin, with their arena tours being such a success & their world tour sold out so fast, particularly their upcoming concerts in Korea were practically all sold out in a matter of minutes! And their concerts in Taiwan are all sold out in just 4 days. Although yes, their sales for their latest single & album have dropped in Japan, but that is expected...but overall, KaT-TUN are doing very well currently.

And lately T-TUN are also gaining more support, and I am predicting their popularity will surely continue to increase...I'm not all too worried about KaT-TUN to be perfectly honest, because I believe they are more than capable of continuing on with 5 members. They've managed before & they will do it again :yeah

Whereas I'm much more concerned about Jin's future...frankly, the chances of him succeeding in the US is very slim...he is taking a very big risk by venturing in the most cut-throat industry in the world, without a safety net (KAT-TUN). If he fails (which is most likely he will), he cannot return to the group. Is taking a huge gamble, but I respect it's his decision...although I definitely don't have any high hopes for him there at all, but I still wish him good luck nonetheless.

Edited by kurisutaru♥KAT-TUN, 18 July 2010 - 12:36 PM.

#31 franzii

franzii

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 02:53 PM

i really feel sad about it. :( i didn't expect this to happen. because before he flew to US he clearly states that he's not going to leave KAT-TUN. but now... it's all happening. but as all of many people said here, its bound to happen.
even if my fave member is Jin, i really can feel that he's really dragging the group and i really feel that he's not really being active and it feels like he really dont want to be in KAT-TUN anymore.
so i guess it's much better without him in KAT-TUN. but of course, im so sad because KAT-TUN is not like before. but im also happy because i can see that KaT-TUN will going to be strong as ever. :thumbsup I saw that in their Going! PV. it feels like that they are really close to each other and something that binds them together. unlike in theirr Love Yoouself PV, it feels that they are having a competition.

i'll still support Jin no matter what. He's talented. I know. So I wish he's going to be successful in the future. clapclap

#32 Lucky_Doraemon

Lucky_Doraemon

Back to reality...T_T

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1585 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:55 PM

lol ahhh Johnny is such a dear, he still hasn't lost touch about what some people think. Jin can't use the other 5 as a safety net anymore. :thumbsup

I am shocked though, this hasn't happened before, members have been removed from groups, but not seperated to go solo. But I do agree like some people said at least KaTTUN has Kame, NEWS only has Pi as their main, but he has still been with them in all their activities. So i guess NEWS are still safe....just in the background among everyone else =X

As much as I'm happy for Jin, my guess is he'll flop in America, he probably has the looks and attitude for the audience but his talents and English abilities are really nothing to compete with the other artistes. But i'm sure all his loyal fangirls in Japan will support his solo career even more/harder just to prove he's a success as a solo.

#33 baby.flakes

baby.flakes

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:16 AM

Oh no.. but it won't be KAT-TUN without Jin!
But I guess it's only reasonable that they come to this decision...
Wish them all the luck!

#34 wafa

wafa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:10 AM

eh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........ nani!...... :shock :shock :shock :shock
I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS NEWS!... :shock . OH NO!.... :crying: . but for me even jin will bcome remove on his group i will still sport him and especially his group kat-tun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...... :wave:

#35 Shikiyo

Shikiyo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:02 AM

^Kame & Jin are both the 2 most bankable members of KT by a long shot, period...and without 1 of the group's most profitable members, some ppl are concerned about whether KT's other most profitable member Kame can handle it alone.

Well, at least KaT-TUN still has Kame...ppl need to take into account that the other 5 members have managed without Jin before, this is the 2nd time, so it's not a new experience for them. Besides, in the last few months, KaT-TUN have been managing very well without Jin, with their arena tours being such a success & their world tour sold out so fast, particularly their upcoming concerts in Korea were practically all sold out in a matter of minutes! And their concerts in Taiwan are all sold out in just 4 days. Although yes, their sales for their latest single & album have dropped in Japan, but that is expected...but overall, KaT-TUN are doing very well currently.

And lately T-TUN are also gaining more support, and I am predicting their popularity will surely continue to increase...I'm not all too worried about KaT-TUN to be perfectly honest, because I believe they are more than capable of continuing on with 5 members. They've managed before & they will do it again :yeah

Whereas I'm much more concerned about Jin's future...frankly, the chances of him succeeding in the US is very slim...he is taking a very big risk by venturing in the most cut-throat industry in the world, without a safety net (KAT-TUN). If he fails (which is most likely he will), he cannot return to the group. Is taking a huge gamble, but I respect it's his decision...although I definitely don't have any high hopes for him there at all, but I still wish him good luck nonetheless.

Well what I said earlier KAT-TUN can surivive with Jin. because this is the second time, but now this is will be difficult than before. Because Akanishi is officially out in the group, like what I said earlier too, the other members are totally talented and they can survive. But if you will read my comment again, Akanishi is the most bankable, and I agree with you that Kame is also bankable. But Akanishi got an oozing charisma and that charisma made his solo movie bandage successful, anego (if you will compare it with Kame's Sapuri with same genre) achieved higher ratings
Sadly Kame received low ratings in his dramas recently and I don't know why.

I have nothing against Kame (I respect him) and I admired his talent. It's just that, this is will be a harder for him to support KAT-TUN, for those people who don't like Akanishi after America. Maybe this is the time for him to grow up, to express himself and not as a "stupid" or "bakanishi.

Well as always I support Akanishi Jin and KAT-TUN in this new chapter of their lives clapclap

#36 bakaners

bakaners

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:15 AM

I dunno, but I feel like it's Jin's way of of proving he's not the same Bakanishi anymore.

Ever since he went back to Japan, he changed a lot. When he appeared in Cartoon KAT-TUN for the first time after his US trip, he obviously "didn't" fit in with them anymore. I'm not saying that because he's way better than the rest of them or what---- I am a fan of Jin, but I respect the other KAT-TUN members too.

He was known as the baka, the one who acts foolishly and who has been portraying a bad boy image. Yeah, I like him for being that.

Surprisingly, I even like him more when I saw that he is actually trying to be more of himself now.

I think, that's the real Jin. He is not a baka. He has matured. We never know what happened to him in his first US trip alone. But I remember in one of his interviews, he said about his experience in writing documents. He had never done it before and he felt kinda different because he was used that he can ask help in writing info in documents-- at that moment, he said, he can only rely on himself alone.

I never tried defending any idol before. But this is the first time I write something like this for a celebrity. I am not a hardcore fan of his, but I am a fan, who will never judge him just because of what he is on-cam. That's the downside of being a celebrity. Sometimes, you must act the way the management, the public, and the fans want to be. Or maybe, his trip to US made him realize something--- that, we don't know yet.

Now, regarding with Johnny's decision I believe that it's reasonable. He's still a businessman after all. Dragging on the group will not only cost money but it will also cost the other members' opportunities.

I was shocked when I found out the news though. But it's like a company decision. And who knows better than those who are inside it?

As for the other members, I salute them. They are all talented, though I believe that Jin's more of an artist (such as his songwriting and playing guitar) that probably explains his being moody and unpredictable than the rest. Kame is a great actor and singer. Koki is the BEST rapper ever! I both love Taguchi and Ueda's voices while Maru's beat boxing still amazes me.

So you see, I agree with others who said that KAT-TUN will be fine even without Jin. They did survive when Jin's not with them. I believe they will still be alright.
And like others, I couldn't hide that little doubt that Jin can make it in US mainstream, but I believe more on his talent and his determination to succeed. Being the first ever Johnny artist to perform in series of shows in USA, is already a courage for an artist like him.

Anyway, good luck to KAT-TUN and Jin! They are all great, so pretty sure they'll soar to greater heights. :]

#37 ♥kurisutaru♥

♥kurisutaru♥

♥ 火+土♥

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4896 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:22 PM

Well what I said earlier KAT-TUN can surivive with Jin. because this is the second time, but now this is will be difficult than before. Because Akanishi is officially out in the group, like what I said earlier too, the other members are totally talented and they can survive. But if you will read my comment again, Akanishi is the most bankable, and I agree with you that Kame is also bankable. But Akanishi got an oozing charisma and that charisma made his solo movie bandage successful, anego (if you will compare it with Kame's Sapuri with same genre) achieved higher ratings
Sadly Kame received low ratings in his dramas recently and I don't know why.

I have nothing against Kame (I respect him) and I admired his talent. It's just that, this is will be a harder for him to support KAT-TUN, for those people who don't like Akanishi after America. Maybe this is the time for him to grow up, to express himself and not as a "stupid" or "bakanishi.

Well as always I support Akanishi Jin and KAT-TUN in this new chapter of their lives clapclap

It does seem like Jin is the most profitable member..."arguably" at least...but considering how well KaT-TUN as 5 members are doing currently I'm not all worried because they prove they are still very much capable of moving on & doing well without Jin.

Kame's low ratings, don't account for much, even with his dramas in recent years having lower than expected ratings, his fans still love him. They still spend money & buy his merchandise, they still buy tickets to see him & the rest of the guys in concerts. Just drama ratings alone these days don't account for much profits.
Besides, there's many factors that contribute to drama ratings; the storyline, the actors, the timeslots etc...all these aspects can affect the ratings. Also, Japanese audiences are becoming VERY picky with their dramas in recent years, many J-dramas have not been doing very well in the ratings in recent years, not just Kame's dramas, many of them have only attracted low to decent ratings...while only some managed to attract very high ratings. J-dramas which tend to attract high ratings these days are mostly Medical, Crime or Periodic dramas...comedic romance dramas however have been doing quite poorly in recent years in Japan. And most of Kame's recent dramas have been in the comedy romance genre.

As for the drama 'Anego', even though that drama had high ratings, however, it was mainly because of the female lead Shinohara Ryoko. She was the hot favorite in the drama among the viewers, not Jin...of course he was a favorite with his fans, but it was Shinohara Ryoko who was the main attraction to the general audience. She was the cake, while Jin was more like the "icing" of the cake, although not everyone liked Jin in the drama.
For 'Suppli', even though it averaged slightly lower than 'Anego' in the ratings, but that drama only had Kame as the main attraction, and the storyline was not as good as 'Anego'. Plus, many people did not like Ito Misaki as the female lead...and while that drama had Eita as well, but he was not very popular back then. So 'Suppli' only had Kame as the main attraction at the time.
While 'Anego' had both Shinohara Ryoko and Jin (although mainly Shinohara Ryoko).

Ratings aside...these days, concert profits are what brings in the big bucks. KaT-TUN's recent arena tours were a big success, their upcoming Korean & Taiwan concerts for their world tour all sold out very quickly, and the rest of their world tour concerts in Japan are currently doing very well. All this much success without Jin, without the help of most Jin fans.

And the other members' popularity are also increasing, and Ueda will be having his own first solo national tour across Japan soon too, much to the delight of many fans.

So I'm not all too worried about Kame's popularity, or whether or not he'll be able to sustain the group "on his own", because the group are currently doing very well now without Jin.

Also, even when Jin came back from LA the first time in '07 & rejoined the group...he pretty much became rather "detached" a bit from the group...he didn't seem all that serious or "committed" to the group anymore...many people have noticed this for a long time...that's why alot of ppl, and fans alike, sort of expected this would happen sooner or later...that Jin would break away from the group.

BUT...at this point NOTHING is confirmed yet and Jin has not commented on this at all, therefore, nothing is concrete at the moment.
Let's just wait for Jin's response to all this.

Edited by kurisutaru♥KAT-TUN, 19 July 2010 - 03:17 PM.

#38 keeyshane

keeyshane

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1052 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:59 PM

well Kame is more everywhere in Japan than Jin is. that makes him more bankable, plus the fact that he really really works very hard and is committed.
Kame's like the drama actor, the singer, the newscaster, the musical stage actor, the KATTUN frontman. i actually think it will be harder for KAT TUN to survive without Kame than without Jin. He holds the group together at least. that's why i think Johnny can let go of Jin because Kame is there.
Jin is of course very popular too, without even trying. LOL.
that's why this case is rather new. how can Johnny pull out a popular member? Jin can be solo like Yamapi is, but still part of the group. either he really wants to make it in the US or he can't take KAT TUN' style and music afterall.

but as Kame did say, Jin is doing what he wants to do. And to make him stop and say come work with us is a mean thing to say.
so thereeeeeee..
i want Jin to be doing what he really wants, though i did think KAT TUN was part of his dreams too. he also waited long enough to debut with the rest.
but let's see, its not yet official, i am still hoping Jin will remain. i will miss the harmony of Jin and Kame's voices. it's a trademark of KAT TUN's songs!

but he leaves, then it can only make me support KAT TUN even more, now more than ever. I know this is the hardest period for them, harder than the first time Jin leaving them. I believe they went through all this arrangement thinking that Jin will still be back like before, and now there's a possibility he's leaving. That could hurt like hell for them.

Edited by keeyshane, 19 July 2010 - 04:03 PM.

#39 Seattlefanatic

Seattlefanatic

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:15 PM

I guess but dammmnnn...! :noclue

#40 hotaru25

hotaru25

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:10 PM

Well... inded this are sad news, but I also think that Jin will be better solo, I liked more the LANDS Album, than some KAT TUN albums, so I wish all the best luck to Jin on this new step of his life.