AF needs funding again

Photo

Arashi releases Monster PV

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 meoinkie2

meoinkie2

by your side

• News Crew
  • 7276 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:48 AM

Posted Image

Arashi fangirls and fanboys, the moment you’ve all been waiting for has arrived. Jpop group Arashi has finally released the PV for their new single “Monster“. A few hours after release, the PV has already grabbed the no.1 spots for “Top Rated“, “Top Favorited“, and “Most Discussed” on Youtube. Can we call this the “Arashi Effect“?

Decked out in black and white, the Arashi boys have once again captured the hearts of fangirls around the world. With their charisma and this time, suave dancing skills.

MONSTER is the theme song of the ongoing drama, "Kaibutsu-kun" (NTV) starring Arashi's leader Ohno Satoshi. The single is slated for release next week, May 19.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtVnp_rzZ4U

tokyofied

Edited by meoinkie2, 19 May 2010 - 12:36 PM.

#2 cassy_clim8

cassy_clim8

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1333 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:28 AM

finally!!!! they keep on showing the previews and it's really killing me. haha I was so happy when the full PV appeared last night!

lol at the writer of the article. sure looks like a fan there. haha

oh and even the making of the Monster PV is also leaked. haha. as usual it was funny. like when the boys saw ohno singing his solo part, they went "woohoo! kaibutsu-kun" with aiba waving at the screen while watching/reviewing their perf. :lmao: :lmao:

this is a good single, definitely worth buying (I love monster though I still have to condition myself for Spiral). And I can't wait to see the first day sales.

#3 benamije

benamije

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:41 AM

super like!!!!!!!!

:V :shock :yeah clapclap :thumbsup :iloveyou:

#4 cassy_clim8

cassy_clim8

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1333 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:37 AM

here's the streamed subbed pv. I don't know if it was subbed or translated by the uploader him/herself. just turn on the CC to view it.

cool lyrics. kind of reminded me of beauty and the beast. I thought before it was a typical motivational type of song but it turns out to be a love song. heehee.

Edited by cassy_clim8, 16 May 2010 - 11:37 AM.

#5 brewingstorm

brewingstorm

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 03:51 PM

it's hard resisting to watch xD but i shall build up my anticipation for the 19th of may ^^

#6 leejinsung

leejinsung

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:26 PM

congratulations to them!

#7 meoinkie2

meoinkie2

by your side

• News Crew
  • 7276 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:06 AM

oh and even the making of the Monster PV is also leaked. haha. as usual it was funny.

i totally enjoyed the making-of! the boys are so adorable and as usual being their dorky selves, their fails are hilarious! esp Aiba-chan xD and just count how many times he had to do that, the hip thrust is just @#$@#$%#$@#
and yay for some Ohmiya and Sakuraiba! ♥♥♥
oh yeah, the butt-grab relay~~~~ hehehehe

this is a good single, definitely worth buying (I love monster though I still have to condition myself for Spiral).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOCKg2_z9gY
there are times i actually think that i might like Spiral more compared to Monster, but yeah that's just me being a weirdo xD
i love how on how distinct their voices are :thumbsup

#8 cassy_clim8

cassy_clim8

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1333 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 04:56 AM

LOL! the japanese are really quick in deleting the vids at youtube. One would be lucky if they can see an arashi vid that is not deleted after days or even a few weeks.

and some anti-JE fans would base their argument that JE don't have much fans because of the number of video views. LMAO if they only knew the crackdown JE does at youtube to delete their vids even japanese tv stations in deleting tv shows. haha

#9 meoinkie2

meoinkie2

by your side

• News Crew
  • 7276 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:13 AM

LOL! the japanese are really quick in deleting the vids at youtube. One would be lucky if they can see an arashi vid that is not deleted after days or even a few weeks.

LOL..though i still give props to those who continually uploads despite their numerous accounts being suspended or anything,
surely i ain't one of them for i gave up after 3 of my accounts were trashed..booo
wasn't it that lately that Johnny's net allowed access on some of their vids, yet of course it was being uploaded on streaming sites and immediately there was already a notice on the site particularly a warning about those videos being uploaded..teh Jimusho is damn strict, just look what happened to the previous PV, Truth, they didn't even let that one go, already nearing 7 million views and poof! i really felt like :shoot them xD

#10 cassy_clim8

cassy_clim8

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1333 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:53 AM

hahahaha meo! i gave up uploading japanese videos (non-JE at that! more like Misia, Mika Nakashima, etc) before at youtube when I received some notices so thank goodness my account wasn't suspended and I still have that lone account ever since. :innocent oh yes I remember that Truth PV! haha and there were also others that were deleted when they reached like 4M views. even those subbed PVs are now gone! <_<

oooohhhh and meo, just so you know, after listening to Spiral for quite some time, I can finally say that I like it. wahahahaha. I think it was really the HQ that made me like it and the vid you posted. I had to listen and watch the vid you posted 2x to say that yehey finally I'm lovin' it. wahahahaha

just like what i said at arama, matsujun's voice improved, their voices are indeed distinct and ok too. i love the parts before the chorus. haha. this is just like Mou Ippo where it took quite some time for me to love it and when I do, I'm now playing it non stop.

Edited by cassy_clim8, 17 May 2010 - 10:54 AM.

#11 cassy_clim8

cassy_clim8

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1333 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 11:45 AM

Day 1 sales!! Arashi at no. 1 with 232,045 :yeah :yeah

Posted Image
http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/

#12 meoinkie2

meoinkie2

by your side

• News Crew
  • 7276 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:00 PM

weee!! yeap, they've got the Monster power with them..:P
and i just finished watching Kaibutsu-kun episode 4 a few minutes ago, and i've suffered a minor headache from tearing up too much, seeing this alleviates the pain xD
it's just a few hundreds less compared to Troublemaker's 1st day, so if the sales is pretty much consistent or the same with that of Troublemaker, it's awesome already! considering it only has 2 versions xD
and yay for finally performing on MS next week! greatly looking forward to it! ^_^

#13 cassy_clim8

cassy_clim8

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1333 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:28 PM

weee!! yeap, they've got the Monster power with them..:P
and i just finished watching Kaibutsu-kun episode 4 a few minutes ago, and i've suffered a minor headache from tearing up too much, seeing this alleviates the pain xD
it's just a few hundreds less compared to Troublemaker's 1st day, so if the sales is pretty much consistent or the same with that of Troublemaker, it's awesome already! considering it only has 2 versions xD
and yay for finally performing on MS next week! greatly looking forward to it! ^_^

episode 4 of kaibutsu-kun is just :crying: :crying: Ohno is a good actor! like yeah he's on par w/ nino for me as the best actor in arashi.

I just saw the comparative statistics of the first day sales of recent arashi singles. and you're right! Monster sold only less than 1,000 copies compared to the first day sales of Troublemaker. Considering the fact that there isn't really much difference between the RE and LE versions of Monster compared to Troublemaker where they had an extra song for the RE, I would say that the sales are STILL GOOD!!!! :thumbsup :thumbsup