Chinese Name: 馬國明
Vietnamese Name: Mã Quốc Minh
Date of Birth: February 13, 1974
Place of Birth: Hong Kong
Height: 183cm
Weight: 72kg
Star Sign: Aquarius
Siblings: twin sisters
Education: Delia International School, Douglas College (Vancouver)
University of British Columbia - Mechanical Engineering and Salesian English School
Background: entered TVB Drama Training Class in 1999, in term 14
Hobbies: singing
Fav. Sport: soccer
Fav. Soccer Team: Real Madrid, Manchester United, AC Milan
Fav. Food: sea food
Fav. Drink: iced tea
Fav. Colour: white, black, blue
Fav. Collection: Donald Duck
Fav. Actors: Chow Yun Fat, Tony Leung, Sean Lau
Fav. Actresses: Yung Mei Ling, Chan Yuk Lin, Ng Sin Lin
Fav. Series (he did): Scavenger's Paradise
Friends in the industry: Roger Kwok, Wayne Lai, Hui Siu Hung, Power Chan and many others
Classmates from TVB training class: Yip Wai, Ho Chi Cheung, Wong Siu Ping, Karen Lee etc...

SERIES
2000: The Heaven Sword And The Dragon Saber
2000: War Of Genders
2000: Return Of The Cuckoo
2000:At The Threshold Of An Era
2000: A Matter Of Customs
2000: Police Station No.7
2000: Crimson Saber
2000: Reaching Out
2000: Healing Hands II
2000: Street Fighters
2000: The Legendary Four Aces
2001: Virtues of Harmony
2001: A Step Into The Past
2001: Point Blank
2001: Armed Reaction 3
2001: Country Spirit
2001: Colourful Life
2001: Law Enforcers
2001: Love Is Beautiful
2001: Golden Faith
2001: Legal Entanglement
2001: Burning Flame
2001: Slim Chances
2002: Eternal Happiness
2002: Invisible Journey
2002: Golden Faith
2002: The White Flame
2002: Family Man
2002: Let's Face It
2002: Whatever It Takes
2002: Take My Word For It
2002: Loving You 2
2003: Not Just a Pretty Face
2003: Better Halves
2003: Point Of No Return
2003: Armed Reaction 4
2003: Survivor's Law
2003: The Driving Power
2003: Triumph in the Skies
2004: The Vigilante in the Mask
2004: Net Deception
2004: Dream of Colours
2004: VWong Fei Hung - Master of Kung Fu
2005: Lost in the Chamber of Love
2004: Misleading Track
2004: Scavenger's Paradise
2004: The Herbalist's Manual
2005: Into Thin Air
A Life Made Simple
2006: La Femme Desperado
2006: To Grow with Love
2006: Love Guaranteed
2007: The Brink of Law 2007: The Family Link NEW!
to be released: The Master of Tai Chi
to be released: Curious Detective
to be released: The Drive of Life
filming: Survivor's Law 2

LINKS
http://www.kmma.hk.st/
http://click.to/kenworld
http://forums.cinple.net/kennethma/

Attached Files

Edited by Aspire, 17 February 2008 - 07:44 AM.

#2 anneheung11

anneheung11

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 10:26 AM

[News]

TVB will be holding another Olympic special on Sunday and memebers of the six 'Olympic Stars' (Ron Ng, Bosco Wong, Lai Lok Yi, Sammul Chan, Raymond Lam and Kenneth Ma) were supposed to be rehearsing yesterday. As well as passing over the Olympic flame, they will also be appearing in a short musical performance entitled "The Birth of a Gold Medal". As they each have their own busy schedules and Kenneth is still filming in Guangxi for "Wandering Hero Medics" unable to return for rehearsals, then only Bosco and Lok Yi could be seen rehearsing the dances for the musical.

Whilst Bosco and Lok Yi were rehearsing, Sammul and Ron also popped in on a break from their other filming work to make the most of their time to practice. As there is a certain level of difficulty in a song and dance routine, Bosco says that he is not finding it easy, but with Ron being from a dancer background, then he should be able to lead them all. As for Lok Yi, he admits he is very nervous about he company giving him such an important role and he is particularly worried about the passing of the torch, in case it goes wrong. Bosco says: "We all have a part to play in passing the flame and the last person will be Raymond. We don't know if we will be lighting the flame together or just Raymond on his own, but we will remember that we are holding the sacred flame torch and will not let everyone down."

http://orientaldaily...ent_a14cnt.html

http://www.tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

#3 LS2005

LS2005

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 02:48 AM

Was he in other bigger roles b4 Triumph to the Skies?

#4 Strawberry Cookie

Strawberry Cookie

*~*

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 03:29 PM

i dont think so
hey actually he is quite old ...already 30!

#5 anneheung11

anneheung11

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 07:31 AM

[News]

Shirley Yeung, Patrick Tang, Timmy Hung, Bel Lau, Fiona Yuen and Kenneth Ma took part in filming for "Going for Gold Get Set Go" and with his ever joking mouth, host Chin Ka Lok was making fun of the guests by mentioning Marsha Yuen, Cathy Tsui and Gregory Lee all evening, saying to Shirley: "It would be a great fortune to marry into the Lee family, even the horses would support you. Shirley has a fit body, thanks to the horses - if you win this game, the Lee family will give you their stable!" When she heard this, Shirley responded laughing: "He is always joking, but if he doesn't joke, we can't laugh! I don't mind at all."

In another game, Bel jumped and landed with a bump on the mat and when she had to sit up to pass the basketball, she seemed to be very out of breath. As for Carrie Lee who has been met with critisms about her weight, she seemed calm and said that this viewer was targeting her. She says: "I haven't been unhappy about this becuase I know that I cannot make everyone happy and there will be those who like me and those who don't. (Will you accept the views?) I will accept constructive critism, but discriminatory comments cannot be accepted."

[News]

TVB's new drama set in the backdrop of the sixties "Same Work Same Bowl" held its official costume fitting yesterday and the cast members used the old Cantonese films as a blueprint for their appearances as well as adopting a slant on some veteran actors for their character names. Roger will be playing "Tang Wai Cheung" (Tang Wing Cheung), Myolie's character is "Cheng Pik Wan" (Tang Pik Wan) and others include Kenneth Ma's "Tang Keng Chan" (Tang Kei Chan), Cherrie Kong's "Ling Fung", Wayne Lai's "Tse Kwan Min", Chun Wong's "Ling Sing Bo", Wong Yeuk Tung's "Dik Lai Na" and Lo Yuen Yan's "Lam Lan Hing".

Roger and Kenneth play an uncle and nephew in the show and for yesterday's event, they both dressed up as maids. Roger laughed that they were the 'Twins of the Sixties' and in order to play his role well, he has been watching many of Brother Cheung's films, fifteen or sixteen of them to be exact, but unfortunately there are very few close ups in those days and he could not catch Brother Cheung's expressions very well and he will have to improvise on these. Roger laughs: "I will give you a fresher look at Brother Cheung."

As Tang's figure was rather slimly built, Roger has had to lose some weight for the role and at the moment he has lost five or six pounds and is aiming to lose another five. Roger laughs: "No matter how slim I get, I will never be as skinny as Brother Cheung, so I can only sacrifice my eyebrows, making them into a downwardly sloping triangular shape." Remembering that Roger had to gain weight to play Ah Wong in "Square Pegs" and now he has to lose weight to play Tang, he is really showing his professionalism. He feels that the hardest thing to do is lose weight because he has to hold back on food, especially his supper habit, which he is trying to kick by going to sleep earlier.

As for playing a well known character, does Roger feel any pressure from this? He says: "No pressure really, because if there is pressure, I will not perform as well, so I treat it as a bit of fun and this summer should be the most fun ever." With so many stars in the sixties, Roger's favourite was Cheung Ying because he was very stylish when he wore his raincoat. As for female stars, he likes Tam Lan Hing because he wished for her to be his mother as she was rather rotund and gave a very motherly feeling. Although she often played the baddie, she always turned good in the end.

Roger's show "To Get Unstuck in Time" that is currently airing has been accused of copying the Hollywood movie "Frequency" and he responds: "It is a great copy! To be able to copy Hollywood is a good thing, copying Bollywood is not so great." He believes that many of the great literary works in the world are copies, but it doesn't matter as long as it is good. He says he has watched "Frequency" and he says it is not a bad film at all.

Myolie has also been watching old movies in preparation for her role and she praises Tang Pik Wan be being the true multi-talented queen of the screen because she can be whatever role she plays. Myolie says: "Sister Pik is deeply set in people's hearts as many viewers will have watched her performance before, so I am quite nervous and hope that I can capture her spirit. (Do you want to be the Queen of TVB?) Of course, but I would hope more that I can learn a lot from filming this show."

Myolie will undertake a lot of roles in the show, including a factory worker, street hawker and a lounge singer, where she will once again show off her singing voice. When asked whether she is confident in her singing, she smiles: "It's okay! I believe that the focus will be on comedy, so it will not depend too heavily on my singing talent."

Kenneth Ma admitted that he looks awful dressed as a woman and as for his character modelled on Tang Kei Chan, he says that he does not look like Tang, but he hopes to make up for it by his expressions. At the moment, Kenneth and Roger are studying their scripts with Lo Koon Lan helping them out on the side.

As for Wong Yeuk Tung who will be taking on the role of veteran Dik Na, she was asked whether she was cast into the role because of her figure. She says: "You will have to ask the producer that question. I have watched Dik Na's films and I am learning how she breathes and also keeping fit. (Will you appear in a bikini scene?) I don't think so, but it doesn't matter if I do as it is acceptable." Earlier, Yeuk Tung was filming a shoot for a magazine and it was commented that she does look like Dik Na.

Posted Image

Edited by gossip80, 07 August 2005 - 03:25 AM.

#6 kyokofukada8888

kyokofukada8888

.l. (-_-) .l.

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 06:59 AM

i dont think so
hey actually he is quite old ...already 30!

wow is he that old
i couldnt tell well atleast he doesnt look taht old
i didnt really like him in some series but i thought he was ok in some series
like TITS i thought he was ok
but in Dreams of Colors i disliked him because he always helped Ella and Ella was soo badd

#7 Guests

• Guests

Posted 13 July 2004 - 05:46 AM

http://www.geocities...d/kennethw1.jpg
i like this wallpaper of Kenneth
he looks hott!!! :blink: :blink:

#8 xsMiLeE_sTarZx

xsMiLeE_sTarZx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 03:15 AM

aww..kant see the wallpaper. haha. omg! :blink: hes already 30? totally kant telL! looks like hes in his 20s. ^_^' lol. roger and kenneth look...nice as girls. lol. kinda freaky in a way tho. lol. i liked his character in triumph in the skies tho! clapclap

Edited by xsMiLeE_sTarZx, 03 August 2004 - 03:16 AM.

#9 AutumnTears

AutumnTears

. x3 yoo .

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 04:59 PM

Kenneth`s Message to Men`s Uno -

Attached Files

#10 Guests

• Guests

Posted 16 October 2004 - 11:06 PM

kenneth is cute,but i dont understand why a lot of people dont like him.maybe because of his age?

#11 cherry699

cherry699

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 11:19 AM

I reckon Kenneth is OK looking. But he does have a hot body and he's tall. I don't think people dislike him because of his age. Take Kevin Cheng for example. He's 30 (or more?) and heaps of gals like him. I reckon its just his persona.

#12 Guests

• Guests

Posted 25 October 2004 - 11:58 AM

Kenneth is alright i guess... well i like him most in Dreams of Colours.. his role was pwetty good...=] and hes improving i guess... so thats good to noe! =] But sumtimes he has that evil smile that he shows which is wicked... like in Viligante in the mask... bad boi!!! ahahz.. =] Bad little spoil rich kid.. he was!!! hahah! but hes aiight..

#13 Guests

• Guests

Posted 07 November 2004 - 05:06 AM

any topless pictures of Kenneth????????????
heard he's got a hott body!!!!
and he's just so tall!!!!!

#14 purelife

purelife

On the edge of being banned.

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 05:21 AM

Kenneth is alright i guess... well i like him most in Dreams of Colours.. his role was pwetty good...=] and hes improving i guess... so thats good to noe! =] But sumtimes he has that evil smile that he shows which is wicked... like in Viligante in the mask... bad boi!!! ahahz.. =] Bad little spoil rich kid.. he was!!! hahah! but hes aiight..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

awww tats so cute
i can't wait to see him starr as a badd rich guy!!!!!!!!!
never really seen him evil!!!!!! want to see his bad!!!!!
hmm i wonder wat he looks like when he smiles evily.... it gotta be wicked and sweet!!!
he's a cutie isn't he heaven's angel??

#15 aneeshka

aneeshka

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 01:34 AM

i uploaded some Lost In THe Chamber Of Love trailer screencaps if you want to see them you can go to:
http://www.geocities...MaWld/screencap

#16 Suki37

Suki37

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 04:21 AM

I'm starting to like this guy, he's so funny in Wong Fei Hung, lolz!!! And he is pretty cute actually, okay la. I don't understand why so many people hate him. I guess people just don't like him being paired with Michelle twice (The Driving Power and LITCOL). Or maybe because he's the shy, quiet and serious type. :/

Can't wait to see him in LITCOL!!!

#17 Guests

• Guests

Posted 13 December 2004 - 04:52 AM

that picture of him with roger from above is kinda freaky lol

#18 purelife

purelife

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 02:40 AM

Kenneth is just so innocent looking
compare to his character in thE Driving Power

#19 purelife

purelife

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 09:44 PM

i personally find him hott at times
and cute too!!!
I like his character as Ngai Ming Tong in Eternal Hapiness

#20 aneeshka

aneeshka

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 10:04 PM

i don't really think Kenneth is hot, but he's certainly NOT ugly. I like him, i mean he's ok looking, and he can act, unlike a lot of other newcomers... i liked him most as Lai Ming Tong, Peter (slim chances), and... Roy, because he's just so clueless and funny!

haha, innocent looking, i dunno, i just think he looks clueless, but that's kinda cute, haha

Edited by Aspire, 17 February 2008 - 07:46 AM.

#21 purelife

purelife

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 01:28 AM

I like him in Eternal Happiness,Better Halves,Not just a pretty face,the driving power(fake) he acted so innocent but damn he's greedy and evil...
love his smirk though!! its cute...

#22 Guests

• Guests

Posted 23 December 2004 - 04:06 AM

well i dunno much shows he's in.. he's in an upcoming one.. ---> lost in the chamber of love.. i think he'll do gd there!..

and the driving power.. yea he's reli gd at being innocent! ^^

#23 Guests

• Guests

Posted 23 December 2004 - 04:15 AM

i lyked him in triumph in the skies.... so innocent and childish ..... his acting was okies in driving power.... his smirk :tricky: makes him look EVIL.... but in a funni way....

#24 purelife

purelife

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 05:25 AM

i lyked him in triumph in the skies.... so innocent and childish ..... his acting was okies in driving power.... his smirk  :tricky: makes him look EVIL.... but in a funni way....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wat u mean in a funny way?
i mean his smirk makes him evil
but in a funny way???
so confused..

#25 Guests

• Guests

Posted 24 December 2004 - 07:17 PM

i like his roles in this series,it'z really funny to watch about him.ken's a great actorz. :lol?:

#26 IcyIcy

IcyIcy

Love Forever

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3343 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 04:54 AM

Humm...Kenneth seems to be play a lot of villian/bad character. Well, he's a sucess in playing these roles....sometimes i think his smiles are kinda evil.

In WFH, does Kenneth become good or later goes with wong fei hung's group? He doesn't seem like a bad guy after all (in epi. 13)....as he really really care for his grandma. I think maybe later, Ken will like Rain?

#27 Guests

• Guests

Posted 25 December 2004 - 02:13 PM

yeah,kenneth suitz villian roles but he can played other roles too like in DOC and TITS.yeah,i fink later he'll becoming bosco studentz too.it seenz likwe ken liked rain already but rain doesn't seemz the same,poor ken.

#28 purelife

purelife

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 26 December 2004 - 01:31 AM

i prefer watching Kenneth evil
his evilness in The driving power is sexy
i just love his smirk!!!
its just so cute....

#29 sweetrain

sweetrain

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 26 December 2004 - 05:59 AM

oooOOOO...ken like rain? ah...if he was wfh then rain will like him...ahaaa...i feel bad for him...still like rain n bosco though, but i like ken too.

#30 Guests

• Guests

Posted 26 December 2004 - 08:01 PM

i tink his acting sux..no offence. esp in the show which he acted with michelle yip n adam cheng. his acting is so not convincing at all. fake, i muz say.

#31 TvbRULZ

TvbRULZ

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 26 December 2004 - 08:56 PM

Humm...Kenneth seems to be play a lot of villian/bad character. Well, he's a sucess in playing these roles....sometimes i think his smiles are kinda evil.

In WFH, does Kenneth become good or later goes with wong fei hung's group? He doesn't seem like a bad guy after all (in epi. 13)....as he really really care for his grandma. I think maybe later, Ken will like Rain?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea im at Ep 14 and , even at ep 13 you could see that Kenneth liked Rain. And yea he will eventually go with WFH.

And as for Kenneth I think he is the best new actor , in terms of acting..(At least better than Ron ..) He can play evil and good... He has a good future in TVB

#32 shatteredsouls

shatteredsouls

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1328 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 04:06 PM

i'm seeing "lost in the chamber of love" and see that his acting is ok...he looks ok there...though a little old but can make it...want 2 see more screen time with him&michelle!

#33 Guests

• Guests

Posted 28 December 2004 - 08:51 PM

he can played both villian and good character.till now i loved him as kan kin the most.love him in DOC too.his actingz lookz soo real.wonder when'll ken going with wong fei hong's group.he's still with tai siew tin till eps14.

#34 Guest_Sport3888_*

Guest_Sport3888_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2004 - 08:20 PM

I also think is can be both bad and good characters. I kinda liked his character in Driving Power, he was really handsome in there and the way he acted all innocent but was actually evil was just so good. I also love all the scenes of him and Michelle together they make a good couple. So far I agree with milo, I love him in Wong Fei Hung- Master of Kung Fu the most, he's so funny in there.

#35 aneeshka

aneeshka

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 05:23 PM

I agree, he can act both good and bad! i liked him in driving power! He was so funny! and he wasn't even that evil in there...
and he was SO funny in TITS! He's always eating! haha! love him in there!
and it was so sad in DOC when he found out Sharon used him... :(
i can't wait to watch LITCOL and WFH! i heard his character in WFH is funny.
and in the trailer of LITCOL he looked very innocent.
and i must agree with TVBRULZ that he is one of the best new actor, acting wise and that no doubt, he acts better than Ron

#36 Guests

• Guests

Posted 04 January 2005 - 11:53 AM

yeah,ken's such a great actor,it'z such a waste tat tvb didn't give him chances to be main lead in series.i fink ken acting's better tan bosco and sam.it'z sad wen he get knocked by a car in doc just to saved sharon.he's such a nice guy there.

#37 Lililasoh1

Lililasoh1

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1953 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 11:13 PM

He looks wierd without hair... like in Wong Fei Hung - Master of Kung Fu.. Keep the hair! :D

#38 aneeshka

aneeshka

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 06:00 PM

LOL! it's true, but i don't think there are that many people who actually look good bald, there are, but not many. I liked his hair in Not Just a Pretty Face and Survivor's Law

#39 purelife

purelife

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 01:44 AM

i like his hair the most in the driving power Aneeska
you seen Kenneth there?

#40 aneeshka

aneeshka

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 04:15 PM

yup! his character in DP was funny... but i wasn't too fond with his hair style it was OK, but not my favorite
I really didn't like his hair in TITS though, it's so... puffy! lol!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users