AF needs funding again

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Would you take a job that pays OK, or a job that you like?

• Please log in to reply
515 replies to this topic

#1 athlon

athlon

Selfish elite

• uber-newbie
  • 7659 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 12:26 AM

If you have two choices,

1: you take a job that pays quite OK, OK means: it allows you to go to holiday twice a year, rent TVB-series, have fast internet, go out once a week etc

2: you take a job that you REALLY REALLY likes to do, but it pays very bad. In fact, you barely have enough money to pay your rent. DOn't even think about internet or renting video's. Holiday's out of the question.

Which job would you take?

I think I'll still take the first job. It's all about money... not for now, but sure will be for later.

#2 HutchisonCW

HutchisonCW

<3 MeL

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1370 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 12:31 AM

i'll definitely take the first one......i mean the average person spend more time away from work than at it.....if you choose the second one, you might be enjoying you work.....but nothing else cause you have no money to pursue anything you like

#3 Endless

Endless

i'm crazy

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 12:41 AM

first one of course....all about the money....the more money u have..the more of life u'll enjoy

#4 Guests

• Guests

Posted 02 March 2004 - 01:26 AM

GOTTA BEEH ABOUT DA MONEY!!!!! i'll probly do wut i want on da side.. wut i weally wanna do is decorating and designing... which i can w/ mah own home.. if i have enuff money to

#5 gEmBoReE

gEmBoReE

been busy with life

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 01:27 AM

I will take the first job....I need money to support myself...when I earn enough money...then I'll look for another job that combines both of them....a job that I love to do and pays really well....

#6 swt_hunnie

swt_hunnie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 01:29 AM

ill take a job dat i like...wats da point of workin wen u dunt like wat ur doing...dat what prolly lead u to slack off..den ull get fired newaise...so ill do da job dat i like even if it pays less...if u du a gud job..u what get a raise!

Edited by swt_hunnie, 02 March 2004 - 01:30 AM.

#7 magicalangel

magicalangel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 01:35 AM

i would take the first one but would be always on the lookout for a job that i like with a decent pay...

#8 Guests

• Guests

Posted 02 March 2004 - 02:23 AM

cant i just take both of them , they sound oddly fair?...but i would choose the 1st one, if it lets you do all those stuff then can you enjoy the other one?

#9 _hello_

_hello_

Hello, world!

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2527 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 02:53 AM

i would probably take the field that pays more first. then, after i've made enough money to support me for a few more years, i'll switch over to the one that i actually enjoy doing.

#10 Sylvie

Sylvie

Miss Lazy

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1055 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 03:27 AM

I'll definitely take the first choice.... even though that it's a drag but I need to earn money.. if I can't earn it then why bother going to work for.........

#11 Smiley

Smiley

Retired Global Minister

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7632 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 03:34 AM

I'd rather get a job I like. My current job sucks like sh*t and everytime I leave work I feel so damn stressed then before I go to work.

#12 tiu

tiu

>:)

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 03:52 AM

Second choice. As long as I enjoy my job and able to pay the rent and stuff, I'm okay. :D

#13 Guest_someconfusedgerl_*

Guest_someconfusedgerl_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2004 - 04:11 AM

Uhm is there really any job out there that someone likes.. that doesn't have a high pay? I think this question is sort of dumb and I'm just expressing my opinion. Anyways.. I guess I'd take the job that is OKAY.

#14 AZN Winter

AZN Winter

LuVu4eVa

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 10:17 AM

i would take da first one but sum pplz say u don need money 2 b happy

#15 Guests

• Guests

Posted 03 March 2004 - 10:45 AM

Probably the first one, because the second one sounds like I have barely enough... And I would probably want a more easygoing life; Fun, and money to do stuff and just a normal pay job.
But the second one, I would probably like the occupation better, but then I would be struggling to pay off the rent and stuff, right?
So probably the first one :)

#16 Dream Candy

Dream Candy

rosey@f4.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 03:50 PM

damn i what choose 2nd but then bcoz of the poorness i'd have to go with the first! >< cant live with out $$$!!

#17 Guests

• Guests

Posted 15 June 2004 - 11:22 AM

i would tke pretti much ne job dat com's my way because i don't really care... ehehe

#18 Cupes

Cupes

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 02:41 PM

I think you've given options so as to direct everyone to choose the first one.

#19 KamiSama

KamiSama

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 02:41 PM

I think I would choose the second one, because researcher says that you are more likely to get promoted faster when you are doing a job that you like.

#20 tanyl78

tanyl78

SuperStar!

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1319 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 04:42 PM

1st one...

the pay is ok and i get to have holidays... even if you like the job, low pay and no holiays will slow make you bored...

#21 lovelyaznqtee

lovelyaznqtee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 08:25 PM

i'll take the first job because the pay is okay and holidays plus if i take the second one i'll be homeless if i dont pay the rent.. even if i like the job but i have to consider for my family and myself..

#22 forever_autumn

forever_autumn

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4197 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 04:47 AM

of course i'd choose the first one, i'd rather suffer a little when i'm working and then have free leisure time and $$.. =)

#23 Macross

Macross

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 01:10 AM

well if i could i would take the first job, but nowadays they aren't too easy to get ... so much competition >_< so i guess either job is better than no job!

#24 Guests

• Guests

Posted 05 December 2004 - 01:16 AM

i probably take the first one as well....da second one seems really bad!! no choice

#25 Guests

• Guests

Posted 05 December 2004 - 01:34 AM

i'll take the ok job... inorder to enjoy my life.. i hate not having any money

#26 Guests

• Guests

Posted 05 December 2004 - 02:47 AM

Hard to say, The options are given too simple, becoz I won't take the job,even with good money,if I'll be under pressure of my boss and I can't be who I am/ or be creative, but I totally agree I'll look for a job that can pay my rent :lol?:

#27 liljenn

liljenn

ka-jiee! haha *poke*~~!!

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 03:29 AM

well i mean i would rather go to a job i like instead of a job i don't really like and pays okay. i mean i rather do something i enjoy than not like its at all.

#28 Guests

• Guests

Posted 05 December 2004 - 05:45 AM

I RATHER TAKE THE JOB WITH GOOD PAY...... YOU NEED TO LIVE.. LIKING THE JOB HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.....
ITZ THE TRUTH.....

#29 m1ss

m1ss

all5TAR++

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6170 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 05:45 AM

for now, the 1st job..money money money =)

but when im not in need of money as much, then i'll prolly take the 2nd job because i enjoy it..it can be my time killer

#30 i8again

i8again

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 06:58 AM

well, it depends
if the job with less money that i like also equips me with skills that will allow me to earn MORE money in the future, i'd take that one.. if not, i'll slog on with the one that pays more ^_^

#31 Guests

• Guests

Posted 05 December 2004 - 07:00 AM

I would take the first option. It doesn't really matter if the job bores me out .. I'll grow to like it eventually lol. I think it's the money that matters ..

#32 Guests

• Guests

Posted 05 December 2004 - 09:31 AM

of course a job that i like...><~because i want to earn a lot of money on just by what i like to do

#33 Guests

• Guests

Posted 11 December 2004 - 09:47 AM

Of course I would take the first job given those conditons. You have to ask yourself no matter how much you like your job can you really be happy having to worry about ends meat every month. I think a much more interesting question to ask would be would you choose a job you love but income is pretty average you can get by alright but definately no mercedes, big house, or top of the line home theater system vs. a job you hate but you can afford practically anything you want. I would choose the job I love because i'm doing every day for 40-50 years.

#34 agentk

agentk

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 10:54 AM

:wasntme I would ofcourse take a job i like and the pay of satisfactory of going to work. Everyone have to make a living and if your job suck but pays well then stick to it until you find a better one.

#35 athletecamp

athletecamp

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 11:02 AM

My take is that earn as much as you can while you're young (ie Option 1) and then when you've earned enough, go for Option 2.

#36 Guests

• Guests

Posted 13 December 2004 - 06:21 AM

Definitely the first one.... need $$ first
life is so realistic.... no $$ no dreams... so earn $$ first....
after you save enough, you may able to pursue your dreams in later years!

#37 Guests

• Guests

Posted 15 December 2004 - 06:03 PM

hmmm...
i pik #3...a job that pays good and that i like

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i agree. we all like to have both but you need money to survive. I would do whatever i need to do to make money and live a decent life...then when you've made enuf, then do whatever you want to do.

#38 jadedreams27

jadedreams27

TVB fanatic #1

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2147 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 12:39 AM

I'll take the first choice, but in reality, hardly do you have two choices. Even if there is a choice, I think money is more important as of now. After all, as a student, I am studying for the job I want in the future.

#39 mashimaro888

mashimaro888

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 12:42 AM

it depends what stage of life you are in... if you are just starting out in the workforce, then obviously you would take a job that pays OK, get the money, and then slowly look for a job the you like and pays well. If you have been in the workforce for a few years, like myself, you would probably want a job that you like .... you need to be determined and enjoy your work. it is a drag going to work when you completely despise the job. it gets kinda boring.

#40 Ray520

Ray520

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 05:42 PM

of course its better to take the job dat pays ok, save up and maybe someday you can afford to work in the field dat u like

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users