AF needs funding again

Photo

Itís a battle of ratings between Jerry Yan and Vanness Wu

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#1 =sx.k=

=sx.k=

下一站, 幸福♡

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3827 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:23 PM

It's a battle of ratings between Jerry Yan and Vanness Wu

Posted Image

Source : MediaCorp TV

Taiwanese idol drama series Down With Love which stars two mega idols, Jerry Yan from F4 and Ella Chen from S.H.E will be making its debut on television screens this weekend. To instill some hype amongst viewers, the production team aired a special episode which consisted of trailers and exclusive interviews with the cast last Sunday.

The ratings for the special trailer episode raked in a meager 0.59% as compared to Jerry's fellow F4 band member Vanness Wu's ongoing drama series, Next Stop Happiness, which pulled in a healthy number of 7.15% in ratings.

The four members of F4 have been separately participating in various drama productions lately with Vic Zhou starring in Black & White and The Late Night of Madam Chin, Ken Zhu in the recently-concluded Momo Love, Vanness Wu in the ongoing Next Stop Happiness and Jerry Yan's soon-to-debut Down With Love.

Due to its similar timeslot, the drama series starring both Vanness and Jerry are expected to compete head-on with each other. Next Stop Happiness is currently the leader of the pack with its strong ratings of 7.15%.

The television station broadcasting Down With Love defended themselves and explained that the special episode cannot be considered as the show's debut episode. They remain confident that their drama series will perform well when it airs this coming Sunday.

#2 heo.

heo.

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:15 PM

I still hope AC will continue to top the ratings. I'm not a fan of Jerry Yan's acting nor his looks nor his singing but good luck!

#3 zunhua1810

zunhua1810

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:53 PM

Well, the only people who will compare an actual series that is close to its ending from a Behind The Scenes special are the ones who are stupid and can't do anything worthwhile.

I never watched this series they are talking about and I am confident that with Ella and Jerry's power, they will be a success.

And besides who will believe the ratings? It's just a figure. For all I know, what is happening in our country is also happening in Taiwan. A device was put to a certain number of households, not the entire country, households that is not too well-off and the station that is addicted to ratings can easily give them something to watch their programs.

Ratings cannot be trusted in the first place. And I noticed that this SETTV is so obsessed with ratings I am having doubts if they are doing something to receive this high mark.

I never liked Vaness Wu, nor Jerry Yan (well, once, hehehe, during his MG days), but Jerry is with Ella and Ella is my Baobei, her angels' Baobei. Jerry is not the only one the credits should be given for. Both of them worked really hard for Down With Love and what SETTV is doing? A big clear INSECURITY to try proving that the Ella-Jerry tandem is nothing compared to their dear dramas.

Jia You Angel Ella and Down With Love! Ignore the threatened!

#4 Night☾☼Day

Night☾☼Day

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:59 PM

Sorry for the fans but...

In this battle I'm rooting for Vaness, cos even if I like Jerry, I'm crazy about Autumn Concerto and obviously its lead actor.

Go go go AC!!!
:yeah

#5 joy26

joy26

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:38 PM

hahaha! good thing i'm not in Taiwan, hehehehehe otherwise i don't know which one to watch, if i can just switch the channel during CF! LOL!
but i love both of these series......what should i do? its just a blessing that we can watch it until the sub is up.
but i have to lay down my votes...i'm fond of light romantic comedy like your beautiful, full house, sassy girl.....i don't like too serious like heavy drama....so i guess you know my answer......correct! i'm really anticipating down with love hahaha and beside i'm biased to my angel Ella hehehehe!

jia you!

#6 heo.

heo.

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:49 PM

Well, the only people who will compare an actual series that is close to its ending from a Behind The Scenes special are the ones who are stupid and can't do anything worthwhile.

Your attitude and language are revolting. Just because people have a dissenting opinion, doesn't mean you have to hurl insults at them, but oh well, you just stooped to a whole new lower level just by resorting to such childish act like this.

And besides who will believe the ratings? It's just a figure. For all I know, what is happening in our country is also happening in Taiwan. A device was put to a certain number of households, not the entire country, households that is not too well-off and the station that is addicted to ratings can easily give them something to watch their programs.

Ratings are mere figures that cannot be trusted? I guess the ratings of Hana Kimi, the drama that your godly, beloved idol acted in cannot be trusted either.

Oh wait, weren't you also the one who bashed Hebe for going solo and not Ella? Talk about doing things that are worthwhile! clapclap :whistle

Edited by HCOboyz, 21 January 2010 - 04:33 PM.

#7 Bashful;

Bashful;

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2152 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:17 PM

I sure both series will be good but I will support AC for sure. clapclap clapclap :thumbsup I am sure AC's rating will not be affected.

#8 dolcesugar

dolcesugar

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1178 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:14 PM

HCOboyz :
very well said (: hahahhaa

anywaaay . it's actually really hard to pick between these two |:
just as long as xiao xiao bin is it ; it's all good :D
that kid is just freaking adorableee !

Edited by 陳凱欣, 20 January 2010 - 10:14 PM.

#9 Hien

Hien

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:02 PM

Don't know about Jerry Yan
But right now my mind is occupied with Autumn Concerto
haha

#10 lovingVOH1.2.FTLY.MLS.AWTR

lovingVOH1.2.FTLY.MLS.AWTR

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:22 PM

I'm a big fan of Autumn's Concerto so I hope their ratings won't be affected because of Down With Love. Random but the last time I saw a Jerry Yan drama was Starlit lol, which was a great series and I know Ella and Jerry has a large fan base.

Hopefully people who have been watching AC all along won't give up when it's near the end!

#11 Sushi007

Sushi007

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2010 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:24 PM

I remember the user zunhua saying stuff about AC because of Xiao Xiao Bin saying it was DWL that noticed him first or something. It was in an old news topic about AC. We all know you are Ella's fan, no need to get all..Whats the word, :noclue I would say angry about this. If you are Ella's fan, great, support her. But no need to bash on something that isn't entertaining for you. And you said ratings can't be trusted, so I guess when Hana Kimi was popular all over and received so many views, you STILL think ratings were fake? Probably not because Ella is in there.

#12 bebu_star

bebu_star

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:08 AM

I totally agree with HCOboyz!

As much as i like Ella i'm still going to finish watching Autumn's Concerto first!
It's better to finish something before starting another!

Plus...in a battle between Vanness and Jerry, i would choose Vanness even though i don't really like either of them...
Autumn's Concerto is just too good ^^

#13 Oh Crap!!

Oh Crap!!

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:55 AM

i don't really like the 2 of them, but i'lll still vote for jerry yan, good luck!!

#14 BeBu4ever

BeBu4ever

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:58 AM

I vote for both! =)

#15 elloshiions

elloshiions

Drama Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1637 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:14 AM

i am not a big fan of jerry or ella, but i am definitely anticipating this drama for the collaboration and little xiaoxiaobin.
due to the fact that there is going to be another new drama in competition with AC, ratings are expected a drop from curiousity.
i think this weekend's episode of AC is going to be an interesting one, and fans are most definitely going to be torn deciding on which drama to watch. xP

and wow.. zunhua1810 is saying something rather harsh to a series that she has not even watched.. some people just like to know the ratings to get a general view about how the series is doing.

Edited by elloshiions, 21 January 2010 - 03:34 AM.

#16 =sx.k=

=sx.k=

下一站, 幸福♡

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3827 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:34 AM

Well...Although the first episode of Down With Love has not air yet but after watching the previews,I find the story pretty interesting and funny but...AC is still my first choice(cos I have been watching it since the first episode) :) .

Actually,it's hard to say which drama is better cos the genre and theme of both dramas are different.If AC's ratings loses to DWL or DWL's ratings loses to AC next week,we should give them a big applause as the casts and production teams of both dramas have did their best to give their best performance.

The only thing that I can say now is that good luck to both AC and DWL! Jia You!

Edited by =sx.k=, 21 January 2010 - 08:25 AM.

#17 Verona

Verona

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 04:00 AM

oh i thought DWL will be shown on 31Jan? Although i'm Vanness fan since 2001 but i dun know much about Jerry.
i watched BTS. it's kind of comedy drama, so there's nothing to compare btw these drama, they're so different.
btw, the rating is just a firgue, someone dun care but i care :rolleyes: but i do hope AC will get high "firgue" this week :yeah

Edited by Verona, 21 January 2010 - 04:03 AM.

#18 blue232

blue232

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:39 AM

I think the success of a drama depends on the storyline and not the "big name actors/actresses". At first people didn't thought too much of Vanness when they heard he was in AC but he proved them wrong. I'm not a big fan or either one but I think Vanness did a great job portraying his character.

#19 middle_four

middle_four

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1065 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:58 AM

It's rather expected for them to be compared since both Van Ness and Jerry came from F4 and their dramas are showing in the same time slot. Though both of their dramas are centered on love, they have different ways of attacking it... AC is a melodrama and DWL (basing on the BTS) is rather comedic. AC is showing the last stages of its drama, while DWL is about to start. Yes, I agree that ratings is just a figure but it can pretty well describe the success of the drama. (And who wouldn't want to see the drama they're watching being appreciated by others also?) As to which drama will fare better, let's just see which one will be watched more come Sunday. Just a thought (I'm just thinking aloud, so you may or may not agree with me) I think this article is just creating a hype, you know? More publicity, more people will get curious, more people will watch. hehe.

For me, there's no question of which one to watch because I never liked Jerry and Ella to begin with. Peace! But Xiao Xiao Bin is so adorable, so I might watch DWL. Just hope it's gets subbed quickly also, like AC, so I could try it.

Edited by middle_four, 21 January 2010 - 06:00 AM.

#20 BaBiAdOrKaBLe

BaBiAdOrKaBLe

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:43 AM

I doubt DWL can beat AC this upcoming Sunday. AC already has a huge fan base and I doubt that hardcore fans of AC will switch over. Rainie and Show have huge fan bases too, but they couldn't beat AC either.

Like someone said before, the storyline counts more than the actors/actresses. I personally watched AC for because of Ady An and the storyline, but the storyline is what really pulled me in. (I think many people prior to watching AC didn't even know who Ady is since she mostly act in mainland dramas and now, she's getting a lot of exposure in Taiwan. I bet most of Ella's fans like her for her role in Hana Kimi too.)

#21 tinytinykingkong

tinytinykingkong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:53 AM

I hope Autumn's Concerto will continue to get the good ratings that they have now, it's getting so interesting! And I hope it beats Down With Love. However, it is kinda hard to see which one is better when the other one hasn't aired yet.. So, I'll just have to watch and see.

Edited by tinytinykingkong, 21 January 2010 - 07:54 AM.

#22 luvable

luvable

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1016 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:36 AM

Woohoo!! to Autumn's concerto! I think Down with love will be good but at the moment Autumn's concerto all the way.

#23 Mack

Mack

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1267 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:43 AM

I thought DWL wouldn't air till next week on the 31st?
I'm definitely supporting AC first, because I really like the show, but I will check out DWL as well.
Although I hope AC stays on top. Posted Image

#24 seprienna

seprienna

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1128 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:33 AM

i'm not sure about DWL though.for now,i'm concentrating on AC since its coming to an end soon.the storyline is just too good to be miss

#25 eiz

eiz

♫ ♥...♥

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2458 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:01 AM

i am not really a fan of F4 nor Ella..
but i do watch and support AC!!! hope they remain their good ratings til the end. :)

#26 liangqi

liangqi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:45 AM

i must say im not a fan of Ella but a huge fan of Jerry (I LOVED:iloveyou: him after wqatching Starlit)
in other words im hoping AC will continue to have higher rating than DWL when it airs!! :) i might check DWL out though and see what the storyline is like before i really judge it...if the storyline is crap, good/crap actors won't make any difference...

hope i didnt offend anyone :P

Auntumn Concerto all the way!!! :thumbsup

#27 judayette

judayette

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:37 PM

i must say im not a fan of Ella but a huge fan of Jerry (I LOVED:iloveyou: him after wqatching Starlit)
in other words im hoping AC will continue to have higher rating than DWL when it airs!! :) i might check DWL out though and see what the storyline is like before i really judge it...if the storyline is crap, good/crap actors won't make any difference...

hope i didnt offend anyone :P

Auntumn Concerto all the way!!! :thumbsup

confusing statement! :blink:

you said you're Jerry's fan and yet you're praying that AC's rating won't deteriorate?

My My!!!! I am a fan of Ella so, I am sure I'll be watching DWL's first airing...just to show her my full
support!
And my opinion on this topic is that....DON'T COUNT THE EGGS WHILE ITS NOT YET HATCHED!

DWL will surpass or not surpass AC...let the TIME tell.....OK? :V

#28 onetwothreefour

onetwothreefour

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:29 PM

I don't know if the fight for ratings will be fierce, but the one between fans sure is haha.

#29 mcleen

mcleen

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2333 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:32 PM

it's really weird to compare just the BTS of DWL to AC's real drama's rating..it's definitely such unfair comparison . DWL had only aired it's BTS, not yet the real drama.. and even if when the airing of DWL starts by next week , it's still unfair to compare both dramas since AC is already nearing it's last episode meanwhile DWL has barely started .. with such strong fansbase of AC , that had already aired for 15 weeks compared to DWL's pilot episode of course I have to say bigger possibility AC will win ..I'm definitely gonna watch DWL but I just wanna say it's definitely useless to compare drama at different level of stage , it would only be fair if AC and DWL airing in the same time of period ..it will only be fair if AC's first episode airs at the same time as DWL's first episode and so on ..only then comparison can be made for rating . media just like to hype up things so that netizen will argue amongst each other when it's actually such useless things to do .. ahaks!!!