AF needs funding again

Photo

Jay Chouís ĎPandamení airing permit finally granted; confirmed to broadcast on all major television stations in China from January 17th!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 doraemon♡JAY

doraemon♡JAY

无与伦比 <33

• Forum Crew
  • 4993 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 01:23 AM

Jay Chou's ‚ÄėPandamen' airing permit finally granted; confirmed to broadcast on all major television stations in China from January 17th!

Posted Image

Source: UDN
Translation: Sarah @ http://asianfanatics.net

Beijing Jiu Zhou Culture Communication Co., Ltd, general manager Tian Jing Quan yesterday happily confirmed that Jay Chou's self-directed drama ‚ÄėPandamen' will begin broadcasting on all the major television stations in China beginning from January 17th. Last month, Jay had rushed back to Taiwan to re-film some scenes, and less than 2 weeks after that, the airing permit has finally been granted. Rumours suggest that China's SARFT is giving special treatment to Asia'pop King but yesterday, Tian Jing Quan laughed: ‚ÄúThere weren't really any problems in the first place, some editing was not done smoothly, but now everything is complete, so it's been approved.‚ÄĚ

But it's also because of the name ‚ÄėJay Chou' that as soon as the airing permit for ‚ÄėPandamen' was granted, mainland China's 8 major television stations and 4 Home Satellite channels immediately tossed their original series broadcast aside, and changed to ‚ÄėPandamen' as 2010's biggest drama! From January 17th, Shan Dong, Guang Zhou, Beijing & Shanghai will first broadcast, and then from February 2nd, Jiang Su, Zhe Jiang, Chong Qing & Shen Zhen will then broadcast. The premiere event is set to be on January 28th or 29th. However, Taiwan's side previously did not want to set a date until the airing permit was granted, and now the broadcast date has temporarily been delayed to April.

Recently, Jay Chou has just finished promoting his film ‚ÄėThe Treasure Hunter', and his Hollywood film ‚ÄėThe Green Hornet' has also wrapped up. Currently, he is busy preparing for his new album. JVR expressed that ‚ÄėPandamen' means very much to Jay, and so he will definitely co-operate with all promotional activities. Yesterday, Tian Jing Quan also expressed that ‚ÄėPandamen' total costs are estimated to be $25million rmb (NT$1200million). It is the cross-strait (China & Taiwan) collaboration drama with the highest production costs to date, and there will definitely be grand premiere events!

Schedule so far:

2010 January 17th: Shan Dong TV

2010 January 22nd: Kun Ming TV 7:30pm

2010 January 24th: Guang Zhou TV 8:00pm

Spoiler

#2 gta007

gta007

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:49 AM

Yay! It's finally out. I know someone has been waiting a long time for it to come out. :pleh

Since I'm going to China in a few days, Guangzhou specifically, that means I can watch it there. clapclap

Edited by gta007, 12 January 2010 - 03:08 AM.

#3 sirin

sirin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 03:12 AM

im so excited too. :iloveyou: but really bad for Taiwan
the broadcast date has temporarily been delayed to April. :wacko:

Posted Image

#4 Tiffiany_45

Tiffiany_45

Vic + Ariel = FATE

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4057 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 03:56 AM

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO freakin' excited about this drama! In a lot of ways I feel like it's kinda like Black & White in the way it's going to be completely different from everything else in the T-drama industry. However, I'm kinda upset that it's been delayed so much in Taiwan! I hope a lot of stuff doesn't get cut from the original version while it's playing in China!

I think even after watching the Chinese version, I will watch the T-version, just to see how much is cut!

Just 5 more days!!!

~Tiffiany~

#5 mzkarenn

mzkarenn

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1288 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 04:15 AM

yay its finally been set! but are these shown with the fighting scenes in it? i remember a few weeks ago, they said they were cutting out fighting scenes?

#6 doraemon♡JAY

doraemon♡JAY

无与伦比 <33

• Forum Crew
  • 4993 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 04:23 AM

yay its finally been set! but are these shown with the fighting scenes in it? i remember a few weeks ago, they said they were cutting out fighting scenes?

im not sure.
apparantly they were exaggerated rumours.
but i still think china might have cut out some cuz they really are quite strict..

we'll jus have to wait and see. hopefully they didnt cut out much!

#7 cinnamon_coffee

cinnamon_coffee

我相信

• Forum Seniors
  • 1622 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:28 AM

China and its censorship.... -.-'
Anyway, I think I'm going to watch this cause there's so much hype about the drama for some time so I think it must be worth watching :D

#8 zhunjaeshunxiang

zhunjaeshunxiang

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 01:24 PM

*runs to check channels on tv*
does anyone know if it will air in Hunan Channel? :D

#9 doraemon♡JAY

doraemon♡JAY

无与伦比 <33

• Forum Crew
  • 4993 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 04:38 PM

^
not sure about Hunan TV.. i dont think so?
omg ill be SO jealous if u get to watch it :P

anyways
OFFICIAL TRAILER/PREVIEW HERE:

http://v.youku.com/v...Q1MTAyODky.html

watch watch watch!! its sooo good. :D

#10 chrissy chou :)

chrissy chou :)

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 05:07 PM

omg. I cant wait. LOL:]
Plus, Its just a day before Jay's birthday. HAHAHAHA:]
Im so dying to watch it now. I cant wait.

#11 noreen

noreen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:41 PM

Thanks Sarah for the news. I really can't wait for Pandamen to be screening in my country. Haha... Pandamen gonna be released a day before Jay's birthday. What a good present for him........