AF needs funding again

Photo

2009 TVB Annual Award winner's list circulated in the internet

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

#1 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49140 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:37 PM

2009 TVB Annual Award winner's list circulated in the internet
Monday November 9, 2009 Hong Kong

Best Actor: Wayne Lai (Rosy Business)

Best Actress: Sheren Tang (Rosy Business)

Best Supporting Actor: Michael Tse (E.U)

Best Supporting Actress: Susan Tse (Rosy Business)

My Favorite TV male role: Mak Tai Song (Dayo Wong: You're Hired)

My Favorite TV female role: Yiu Kam Ling (Tavia Yeung: Beyond The realm Of Conscience)

Leap Progress male actor: Pierre Ngo

Leap Progress female actress: Aimee Chan

Best Program Hosts :Ronald Cheng, Edmond Leung, Alex Fong (Beautiful Cooking)

Best variety of information programs: The Voice

Tvb.com Popularity Award: Charmaine Sheh

Best Drama: Beyond The Realm Of Conscience.

Thousands of brilliant Performing Arts Award: Lee Heung Kam

Source:MingPao
Translator: Hokkien128 @ [url="http://www.asianvn.com"]http://www.asianvn.com[/url]

#2 sweetieyuki

sweetieyuki

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3179 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:31 AM

Now this one is believable and everything makes sense

#3 xjeanzxx

xjeanzxx

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2618 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:41 AM

hope this winner's list is true...wayne and sheren should get the best actor and actress award... as my favorite tv female role should go to tavia and tvb.com popularity award is charmaine sheh... it seem fair...

#4 sweetiemd

sweetiemd

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:48 AM

This is a very ideal winner's list...given that in the past, the circulated list has come VERY close to the real results, I am really hoping that is the case this year...Many deserving winners are on this list and this would really I believe satisfy a lot of viewers....

#5 sOur_mAngo

sOur_mAngo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:20 AM

i actually like this award winner's list... :D
i really want dayo to win favorite male role,
cuz MAK TAI SONG was just too great!!

#6 Musical-Notes

Musical-Notes

★鬼王★ forever <3

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3093 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:27 AM

I like this list...except I want Sharon or Koni to get most improved female award and Raymond Wong to get most improved male award. Aimee can't act at all! D:

Edited by Musical-Notes, 10 November 2009 - 05:13 AM.

#7 chco115

chco115

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:46 AM

wow i dotn mind this list circulating
i hope is true!
every winner on there is correct!
haha

#8 Gill#1Fan

Gill#1Fan

jay park<3

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5882 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:29 AM

this is a pretty good list.however i dont think aimee chan should have gotten it. and i think tavia should get the popularity one as well since her popularity sky-rocketed after MR.but im really glad that she got the female character

#9 iS2Sungmin

iS2Sungmin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:29 AM

yeh i dun mind if this list is tru, coz it sounds alright and belivable ^_^

#10 Lunablue

Lunablue

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3857 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:33 AM

Urn... Am I missing something here? "Yiu Kam Ling" as "Favorite Female Character"? Wow... TVB is definitely breaking the tradition for villain ever winning the favorite character.. Well if this list is true and if it's the wish of the audience, then I'm speechless...hehe...

As for the rest of the winners list I think it's ok. I really like Mak Tai Song's role.

Edited by ramylynn, 10 November 2009 - 03:34 AM.

#11 MokaGirl

MokaGirl

::: the one and only :::

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:35 AM

I like this rumoured-list. I agree for nearly everything except for Best Drama which belongs to Rosy Business. haha >:)

#12 sweetieyuki

sweetieyuki

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3179 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:38 AM

[quote]Urn... Am I missing something here? "Yiu Kam Ling" as "Favorite Female Character"? Wow... TVB is definitely breaking the tradition for villain ever winning the favorite character.. Well if this list is true and if it's the wish of the audience, then I'm speechless...hehe...

As for the rest of the winners list I think it's ok. I really like Mak Tai Song's role.[/quote]

Although Kam Ling is going to be villain later for the first half of the series she's very sympathetic and having a supressed life. Her character progress is nicely done and Tavia did a good job.

Aimee's acting is not enough for the award. Sharon should get it.

#13 Lunablue

Lunablue

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3857 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:47 AM

[quote name='yuki9066' post='6427265' date='Nov 10 2009 10 38 AM']Although Kam Ling is going to be villain later for the first half of the series she's very sympathetic and having a supressed life. Her character progress is nicely done and Tavia did a good job.

Aimee's acting is not enough for the award. Sharon should get it.[/quote]

I agree Tavia did a great job in this series. I feel that she should win Popularity award instead and not for her character in BTROC, that's what I meant:)

#14 ArtificialSweetener

ArtificialSweetener

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:32 AM

[quote name='ramylynn' post='6427252' date='Nov 9 2009 9 33 PM']Urn... Am I missing something here? "Yiu Kam Ling" as "Favorite Female Character"? Wow... TVB is definitely breaking the tradition for villain ever winning the favorite character.. Well if this list is true and if it's the wish of the audience, then I'm speechless...hehe...

As for the rest of the winners list I think it's ok. I really like Mak Tai Song's role.[/quote]
Actually...Susanna Kwan won the same award when she was villain in HOG (though personally, I felt she was more annoying than evil). I think its pretty much a consolation prize now for whoever didn't win Best Actress but was a hot favourite.

I do hope that this will be the actual winners list. TVB finally got most of their awards right last year, don't let it fall back down. Sheren and Wayne FTW!

#15 peacex

peacex

lil xibi <3

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:35 AM

yea not expecting tavia to get the fav character coz charmaine's character is more likable.

#16 Bafflequeen

Bafflequeen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1137 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:39 AM

I'm liking the list, I really hope wayne and sheren will get the best actor/actress award this year, they truly deserve it, i'm also glad that dayo wong is in the list because i like his character from You're hired.

#17 Choco ~ Latte

Choco ~ Latte

AF Noob Translator

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25783 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:46 AM

wow thats the list of winners i wanna see happen
but since this is TVB here i bet some alterations would happen when the actual night comes along
just as long as Wayne and Michael wins i am happy -_-

#18 dinoxrawrx

dinoxrawrx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:56 AM

how is beyond the realm of conscience the best drama? it didnt even finish airing yet and i was expecting rosy business to be the best drama.

#19 ayumiko

ayumiko

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:58 AM

I really like this list...hope its true. I'm still worried that TVB will give Charmaine best actress or fav female tv role. I really hope they won't. I want Tavia to get the fav female tv role!! Kam Ling is much better than Sam Ho.

Edited by ayumiko, 10 November 2009 - 05:01 AM.

#20 Coralie

Coralie

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2402 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:05 AM

Wow, first time ever that I'll say this but...I LIKE the list.

Every award is given fairly, which is so unusual for TVB. Wow.

#21 sillysullen

sillysullen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:41 AM

Hurray!! This list must be true!! *finger crossed*! Oh wait, best drama should be Rosy Business!! Anyways, as long as Wayne and Sheren win, enough for me!!

Edited by sillysullen, 10 November 2009 - 06:43 AM.

#22 sweetieyuki

sweetieyuki

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3179 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:51 AM

[quote]yea not expecting tavia to get the fav character coz charmaine's character is more likable[/quote]

Charmaine's character is supposed to be likeable since its a nice, loyal and intelligent character and Tavia's character is supposed to be unlikeable since its a villain but I think Tavia's acting makes Kam Ling relatable and more likeable than Sam Ho

#23 Guest_Jazigi_*

Guest_Jazigi_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:55 AM

I really hope this list will come true. But hope Rosy Business win for the best drama. It's awesome series. Once again, shout out: Sheren and Wayne, they are the best, I'm sure they gonna win this year

#24 inkydots

inkydots

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:10 AM

i am happy as long as Tavia wins!

#25 hopehope

hopehope

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:11 AM

I also wish this list is real since people on this list totally deserve the awards. My fingers are crossed.

Edited by hopehope, 10 November 2009 - 07:11 AM.

#26 ~ ♥ Malec ~

~ ♥ Malec ~

..::♥ Cutie ♥::..

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12391 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:58 AM

Agree with most of the list, except 3 places. However Mak Tak Song and Lam Miu Miu are couple so I want them to win like Wayne and Sheren. Best actor and actress should win Best series - which is so far the best.

#27 crazy4sushi

crazy4sushi

feed me sushi ^.^

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2166 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 08:08 AM

this list is perfect, i hope its the real deal

#28 Hohenheim

Hohenheim

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1148 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 08:44 AM

[quote]Although Kam Ling is going to be villain later for the first half of the series she's very sympathetic and having a supressed life. Her character progress is nicely done and Tavia did a good job.[/quote]
Tavia was being criticized for her acting. Is that what you mean for doing good job?

[quote]Charmaine's character is supposed to be likeable since its a nice, loyal and intelligent character and Tavia's character is supposed to be unlikeable since its a villain but I think Tavia's acting makes Kam Ling relatable and more likeable than Sam Ho[/quote]
I don't see Tavia's role is any better than Charmaine. At least, Charmaine hasn't got any complaint from the audience yet (excluding the haters and Tavia's fans). Tavia is still far away compared with Michelle's villain role on last year. Those "waves" are created by media and Tavia's fans. Charmaine is equal with Tavia in the research which is very different with last year that Michelle totally overshadowed LSK.

I think Sheren deserves for the best actress. Charmaine should replace Tavia for best character category. Lam Miu Miu suits that award very much and more than Tavia does. It would be better for Sheren to replace Aimee.

Tavia should get the TVB.com popularity award. She deserves it after TVB has done so much for her in this category.

#29 ozchilli

ozchilli

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:14 AM

Totally disagreed with you there. No complain(s) about Charmaine's acting even from Tavia's fans/supporters because we don't support our fav by bagging/putting her opponents/competitors down. Typical role therefore typical performance, not that Charmaine's acting isn't good but nothing out of the ordinary. Just like Jessica Hsuan missed 3 best actress awards in the past few years, 2 from The simple Life and 1 from Dicey Business. Jessica's acting is fab but nothing out of the ordinary. Sheren's in Rosy business is differ, she deserved the award way back when War of Beauty was hot fav, in Rosy, more skillful acting added on to her previous brilliant performance, did Charmain's role showed that? With Tavia, more improvement was seen with so little screen time she had for the first 15 eps, that is a good job she has done yet so far.

#30 Lunablue

Lunablue

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3857 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:13 AM

I thought Favourite Character Award should be given to a particular likeable character of a person in the series. I thought this is the meaning of Fav Character Award.

If you are talking about good acting skills, well all the while I thought that should fall under Best Actor/Actress category, isnt't? Like Michelle winning Best Actress last year she is a villain but she won Best Actress and not Fav Character Award right? I thought Fav Character was won by Lee Si Kei aka Ho Ma for her likeable character.

When I said Tavia shouldn't win Fav Character Award, it simply means her character in the series, well, if the audience thinks that (Kam Ling in the series) killing the fetus/baby in the mother's womb) (Selena Li) in the series is likeable, as I said, I'm speechless. ^_^ . I don't see how it is relatable and acceptable that way.

If Tavia's fans or supporters think that Tavia's acting is good (which I do think so she has improved much), that you all should support her for winning the Best Actress Award, although Sheren is a hot favourite this year...well, can hope for next year. She still has time.

Tavia winning the TVB.Com popularity award sounds more realistic coz as u can see Tavia's blog is always No. 1 or lowest, No. 2. and undoubtedly, she has the most fans and supporters amongst the female artistes

Edited by ramylynn, 10 November 2009 - 10:19 AM.

#31 Hohenheim

Hohenheim

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1148 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:35 AM

[quote]Totally disagreed with you there. No complain(s) about Charmaine's acting even from Tavia's fans/supporters because we don't support our fav by bagging/putting her opponents/competitors down.[/quote]
isn't this obvious? Oh, ok. supporters and not fans.

[quote]Typical role therefore typical performance, not that Charmaine's acting isn't good but nothing out of the ordinary. Just like Jessica Hsuan missed 3 best actress awards in the past few years, 2 from The simple Life and 1 from Dicey Business. Jessica's acting is fab but nothing out of the ordinary. Sheren's in Rosy business is differ, she deserved the award way back when War of Beauty was hot fav, in Rosy, more skillful acting added on to her previous brilliant performance, did Charmain's role showed that?[/quote]
What does Charmaine need to show in order to get Most Favourite character? Of course a character that loved by everyone. Lam Miu Miu meets the requirement.

[quote]With Tavia, more improvement was seen with so little screen time she had for the first 15 eps, that is a good job she has done yet so far.[/quote]
If it was just like you said, she meets the requirement for Most Improved Award and not My favourite character.

[quote]Tavia winning the TVB.Com popularity award sounds more realistic coz as u can see Tavia's blog is always No. 1 or lowest, No. 2. and undoubtedly, she has the most fans and supporters amongst the female artistes[/quote]
no offense, not always but recently.

#32 ~ ♥ Malec ~

~ ♥ Malec ~

..::♥ Cutie ♥::..

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12391 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:43 AM

[quote]Tavia winning the TVB.Com popularity award sounds more realistic coz as u can see Tavia's blog is always No. 1 or lowest, No. 2. and undoubtedly, she has the most fans and supporters amongst the female artistes[/quote]
I disagree. The blog we all know about a software that can boost it daily (about 1000 - 10000 times). And not always, Yoyo always be No.1 from July to now, Tavia is less than her, started at August. Before that, there are many months her blog can't even in top 10.

The TVB com is not the audience, it's who is TVB's lover. And, in this forum maybe, but in HK discuss and TVB forum, Charmaine and Linda looks like has more fans.

#33 ~Akane~

~Akane~

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6052 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:13 AM

[quote name='Ichihara Yūko' post='6427786' date='Nov 10 2009 6 44 PM']Tavia was being criticized for her acting. Is that what you mean for doing good job?

I don't see Tavia's role is any better than Charmaine. At least, Charmaine hasn't got any complaint from the audience yet (excluding the haters and Tavia's fans).[/quote]

Look, lets be honest, aren't you a frequent Tavia hater? Anyway...as this isn't the hater thread, I'ld just like to say that obviously, an idol has fans and haters. Truthfully, fans and haters aren't any different except one is for and one against. Both sides are obviously biased whether we like to admit it or not.

To say Tavia was being criticized for her acting...I think this is a process every actor has to go through. As a supporter, I admit Tavia's acting is not absolutely flawless but in my opinion she excels in her generation of actress particularly when it comes to ancient series. I can't think of any actresses at the moment in TVB around Tavia's group who is better. Again that is my opinion only and I'm not stating this as a fact to force anyone to believe but if you can come up with someone genuinely better I'm open to support them too.

As a supporter, the only news I've heard regarding BTROC about 'criticism' of her acting is about her not being 'evil' enough. I agree that her character is not what I've expected (I was expecting someone pure evil from the start) but Beyond's development was actually revealing little by little of how she turned evil. Adding to this its episode 16 now and I believe it was only episode 15 where we actually got to see more of Tavia. Up until episode 15, the story is pretty much focused on Charmaine.

And similarly, your opinion is obviously biased regarding criticisms about Charmaine.

[i][b]"At least, Charmaine hasn't got any complaint from the audience yet (excluding the haters and Tavia's fans)"[/b][/i]

Have you went around all forums and asked every Charmaine BTROC Critic whether they are haters or Tavia fan? Even if you did, I can definitely tell you that NOT ALL of them are haters or Tavia fan. Its just logical.

Anyway, my point is whether we support Tavia or not, its our personal opinion only.

Edited by ~Akane~, 10 November 2009 - 11:16 AM.

#34 Chantel

Chantel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:02 PM

I hope this one is real! Because we all love this list :D
And I think everyone is content with this, even Tavia and Charmaine, not winning the best actress award but the favourite (which is quite true).
Sheren for best actress!

#35 Hohenheim

Hohenheim

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1148 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:03 PM

[quote]Look, lets be honest, aren't you a frequent Tavia hater? Anyway...as this isn't the hater thread, I'ld just like to say that obviously, an idol has fans and haters. Truthfully, fans and haters aren't any different except one is for and one against. Both sides are obviously biased whether we like to admit it or not.[/quote]
I said Tavia was being criticized doesn't mean I'm a hater but this is just a reply to a Tavia fan or whatever, supporter because s/he said Tavia's acting is very good so she deserves more than charmaine. I just stated out that Tavia was criticized by netizens for her acting and is that what s/he meant, good in acting?

[quote]To say Tavia was being criticized for her acting...I think this is a process every actor has to go through. As a supporter, I admit Tavia's acting is not absolutely flawless but in my opinion she excels in her generation of actress particularly when it comes to ancient series. I can't think of any actresses at the moment in TVB around Tavia's group who is better. Again that is my opinion only and I'm not stating this as a fact to force anyone to believe but if you can come up with someone genuinely better I'm open to support them too.[/quote]
I didn't say Tavia has bad acting skill and I completely got what you mean. I just asked "Tavia was being criticized for her acting. Is that what you mean for doing good job?" to that Tavia supporter. I don't force you to have same opinion with me and of course you can think Tavia is the best or anything you want but it doesn't stop me to show or say something that she is not good enough. You can say she is better than Charmaine just like a supporter did but you can't stop me to point out something that Charmaine is better than Tavia.

[quote]As a supporter, the only news I've heard regarding BTROC about 'criticism' of her acting is about her not being 'evil' enough. I agree that her character is not what I've expected (I was expecting someone pure evil from the start) but Beyond's development was actually revealing little by little of how she turned evil. Adding to this its episode 16 now and I believe it was only episode 15 where we actually got to see more of Tavia. Up until episode 15, the story is pretty much focused on Charmaine.[/quote]
She is not being "evil" enough because she is not good enough. I don't deny that she is good in acting but not good enough. As you said, she is not evil enough and she lacks of screen time but I wonder what made many person (Tavia supporter or neutral person) to say "Tavia is better than charmaine"?

[quote]"At least, Charmaine hasn't got any complaint from the audience yet (excluding the haters and Tavia's fans)"

Have you went around all forums and asked every Charmaine BTROC Critic whether they are haters or Tavia fan?
Anyway, my point is whether we support Tavia or not, its our personal opinion only.[/quote]
of course I don't go to ALL the forums. I said that because there is no article about people criticizing Charmaine yet. At least for now.

[quote]Even if you did, I can definitely tell you that NOT ALL of them are haters or Tavia fan. Its just logical.[/quote]
If you are that logical person, I think you will know what I meant "no complaint from the audience yet" doesn't mean the whole world. I meant the big case just like audiences complaint about tavia's acting skill in Beyond and it has been published by the reporters. There was a host promoting MR by using a quote "Moonlight Resonance was loved by everyone" but is that mean really no hater for MR? I used "excluding hater and tavia fans" because they have started to criticize Charmaine even before this series is aired.

[quote]Anyway, my point is whether we support Tavia or not, its our personal opinion only.[/quote]
Sure, but someone said Tavia > Charmaine so I just want to make Charmaine > Tavia back. It's personal opinion though. I don't stop him/her to say that but I just questioned her statement.

Edited by Ichihara Yūko, 10 November 2009 - 12:13 PM.

#36 starry86

starry86

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:22 PM

really hope this is the final list of winners we are going to see in December!! all the deserving ones have their share of an award..

#37 ai.s2

ai.s2

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:28 PM

the list sounds pretty good, cept for the most improved one,, aimee cannot act,

#38 silveria

silveria

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:49 PM

Please DO NOT give aimee chan the most improved actress award! she still cannot act!!!

Almost anyone will be better than her! Sharon Chan, Selena Lim, etc..

#39 sandalls

sandalls

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1975 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:57 PM

why are there even arguements around??? awards are only around to create hype for the industry and to get people to notice the entertainment business.. I will be happy with whatever results because seriously, critizing an artiste doesn't make you look any better, besides they are just people doing a job within entertainment business...

candidates for the awards are just the artistes with the better results, they should all be praised for their efforts and shouldn't be judged as being better or inferior, everyone who works in TVB places in the hard yards... no point in comparing because everyone's opinons are different...

#40 Disneyfan

Disneyfan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:07 PM

I agree with most of the list besides the female favorite character. Charmaine did an awesome job with both Lam Miu Miu and Sam Ho, so she should get it. Tavia as Gam Ling was just average.