AF needs funding again

Photo

Peter Chan: "Sandra and I will not be getting married"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 prella

prella

do it the ELLA~way.. ♡

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2438 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:13 PM

[font="Trebuchet MS"][img]http://i35.tinypic.com/2096d50.jpg[/img]
[b][url="http://sg.news.yahoo.com/xin/20091027/ten-103-peter-chan-sandra-getting-marrie-3c1b9bc.html"]Yahoo! News[/url][/b]

Peter Chan and his longtime partner, Hong Kong actress-comedienne Sandra Ng, 44, have a three-year-old daughter, but the renowned Hong Kong director, 46, says he does not believe in the sanctity of marriage, and expressed no plans to marry her.

"If you do not love each other as much, you need that piece of paper to prove it [your love]. Sandra and I are deeply in love and that is why we will not get married."

The famous couple attended the Golden Horse Awards ceremony together last year, where Peter won the best director for his epic war film, The Warlords. When reporters then asked Sandra about their impending marriage plans, the actress jokingly commented, "Wait till the next Golden Horse awards! Everbody calls me Mrs Chan now anyway."

Peter recently flew down to Taiwan two nights ago to attend the movie premiere of Chinese filmmaker and screenwriter Lu Chuan's latest movie, City of Life and Death.

On the rumours of his impending nupitals, Peter laughingly replied, "Nobody in Hong Kong asks this anymore. From the past to the present, I do not believe in marriage. You only need a marriage certification if you do not love each other and do not trust each other. Sandra and I will not be getting married."
[/font]

#2 samtly

samtly

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:23 PM

I think this type of relation is much more stronger than those who put on an act with all that glam wedding....

#3 sorlui

sorlui

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:08 PM

why need a piece of paper to show your love for each other?
to each their own, and if they dont need that paper, so be it.
good on them!

#4 MRDragon

MRDragon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:21 PM

men might not care to such "trivial" things.
women on the other hand always love to get married.

#5 sun7630

sun7630

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:47 PM

if they are happy that is what matter most...
they live together, they have a daughter, a extra piece of paper is mean nothing if they love each other and cherish each other with trust....they don't seem different than couples with a marriage certificate.

#6 starsicles

starsicles

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:47 PM

He doesn't know what he's talking about! I bet Sandra is WAITING to get married.. because marriage is way more important to a woman than it is to a man. And they already have a three yr old daughter..

#7 crazy4sushi

crazy4sushi

feed me sushi ^.^

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2166 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:02 AM

....to counter his argument.....but at the same time if you love someone so dearly why wouldn't you go a little further and get the piece of paper. Women often feel more secure and loved if she is "married" to her man.

#8 nukerc

nukerc

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2046 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 06:19 AM

very selfish from his side, probably dislike all the disadvantage if a divorce happens :P .... should marry her to give her the official title of "Chan si lai"

#9 reiyi

reiyi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5508 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 06:26 AM

This guy is just fear of commitment. If he loves Sandra so much, why not get the certificate? At least, the child will be legitimate in terms of law. He probably fear things will get messy IF his and Sandra relationship not work out later on.

[quote name='samtly' post='6405639' date='Oct 28 2009 12 23 AM']I think this type of relation is much more stronger than those who put on an act with all that glam wedding....[/quote]
I don't think so. I think it's even much stronger if the couple have the courage to take the final step and legitimise the marriage. It shows the willingness to commit to the relationship.

#10 Jupa

Jupa

Premium Pork

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:18 AM

why are people always comparing marriage to a piece of paper?

because it's not the same! divorces are messy, expensive and can possibly ruin your life. the fact that you are willing to risk it for your partner shows how committed you are to them.