AF needs funding again

Photo

Jay Chou's new duet with newcomer Cindy Yen will be released on Hit FM today!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 doraemon♡JAY

doraemon♡JAY

无与伦比 <33

• Forum Crew
  • 4993 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:17 AM

[b]Jay Chou's new duet with newcomer Cindy Yen will be released on Hit FM today![/b]

[img]http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt35/x-WISHFULthinking/3-6.jpg[/img]

Source: [url="http://music.yule.sohu.com/20091022/n267650363.shtml"]Sohu[/url]
Translation: [b]Sarah[/b] @ [url="http://asianfanatics.net"]http://asianfanatics.net[/url]

During the recent FETnet advertisement, a young girl has captured the hearts of the audience. With her beautiful appearance & bright smile, Cindy Yen has sparked many netizen's discussions & debates. But this girl doesn't just have a pretty face; the music in the advertisement is composed by her, the lyrics are written by her & she even produced it! She also specially wrote english lyrics to fulfil the requirements of the ad. And Jay Chou has just signed her under his company JVR Music. She is the first female junior that Asia King Jay Chou has signed, and her arrival & the music that she has brought has already attracted everyone's eyes & ears! But even more, Jay will duet with her in her new title track 'Sand Painting' which Cindy has composed and the lyrics are written by Vincent Fang. This is the first time that Jay Chou has ever sung a song that is not composed by himself, and this song will be released globally today on Hit FM, and everyone will be able to see & hear her amazing talent!

Jay Chou hasn't sung many duets in the past. The ones he has sung: 'Rooftops' with Landy Wen & 'Coral Seas' with Lara has left a big impression on the public, and is one of the most popular sung songs at KTV! Hence, his new duet with Cindy 'Sand Painting' is receiving alot of attention & anticipation! Although Jay singing a duet isn't too surprising, but the surprising thing is that this song is composed by Cindy & this will be the first time ever that Jay sings a song that isn't composed by himself. This shows his full confidence in Cindy's ability & talent in music. And to Jay's fans, their idol has been extremely busy throughout this year, and for the first time, he won't be releasing an album this year. Hence, perhaps the release of this song 'Sand Painting' can partly make up for that, and at the same time, allow everyone to meet this very talented newcomer.

Cindy actually has alot in common with Jay as the 2 both come from a classical music background, and their conversations are always about music. Cindy began learning the piano at 5 years old & the violin at 10 years old. She was born in Texas, America but was often bullied by her classmates due to her Asian face & when she was 12, she also had to face her parent's divorce. Hence, music gradually became her best friend & the most important thing in her life that accompanied her throughout her childhood. When she was 17, she headed to Taiwan, aiming to achieve her dream of becoming a singer. She sent many DEMOs of her music to various big music companies. At first her mother was very opposed to the idea and wanted her to concentrate on her studies, however gradually, she began to see how important this was to her daughter.

Eventually, Cindy met JVR & they used a different angle to view her music. They gave her alot of space to create her own music, and let her do whatever she wanted with it. Her debut album will be released on the 30th of October. Cindy expressed: "Right now, I still can't believe it! It's like a dream! Very excited but also very nervous! To me, not only has this achieved my dream, but in the future, I hope to be able to help my mother to share her responsibility and burdens, and I want to be her source of pride!"

[oldspoiler][b]sarah:[/b] *faints* omg omg omg i LOVE this song!!!!!!!!!! :iloveyou:
its been a year since we've heard him sing something new.. and wow i always thought that he would never sing a song thats not composed by him. but yah, this girl is SO cute & VERY talented. hehe i think she sounds like the female version of jay with the parents divorce & classical music background & learning various instruments at a young age.
really excited to see what she will bring to the industry! taiwan definitely needs TALENTED female singers like her :D[/oldspoiler]

Edited by doraemon♡JAY, 23 October 2009 - 08:50 AM.

#2 Cocoabutter

Cocoabutter

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:09 AM

The song is really good ... especially for a new singer and with Jay's support, she will definitely be successful

#3 sirin

sirin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:18 AM

thanks Sarah :wub:

nice song clapclap Cindy's so much talented
i'm really happy b'coz i miss Jay's voice

#4 omni

omni

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:43 AM

WOW

i hadn't heard any news about this until now...i fell in love once the music started! this girl has amazing potential! her composition sounds fresh, and her voice is actually really good too, i think she easily outshines jay in this duet. definitely looking forward to more from her!

#5 blahblahyourmah

blahblahyourmah

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:46 AM

Sounds nice! I can't wait for it to be officially released.

She's talented and pretty :)

#6 Annie_Jeh

Annie_Jeh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:52 AM

i just listened to the song and it's amazing!!!! i definitely recommend it to everyone. it really has jay chou's style to it even though he didn't compose it.

#7 glued

glued

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:20 AM

good grief was hearing hito FM online and wanted to pause it hear this song, when to my surprised i heard the DJ introducing this song on Hito. Its actually on now.

#8 grasse

grasse

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:54 PM

good! i like the bridge! finally we hear a new self-composed singer.. nowadays there are very few....

i miss jay's voice loads. hope he's going to have an album soon..

#9 oh`retro

oh`retro

aktf for dbsk ♥

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1480 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:32 PM

Wow, her voice is really nice.
Finally, a talented female singer in TW.
I think she over shines Jay in this duet...rather Jay did like a rap part in the song or something...LOL, rather than sang.

#10 ForbiddenApple

ForbiddenApple

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1545 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:34 PM

I'm positive with her voice and think that she can be a great singer one day...I specially love this song and her voice and that make me can't wait to listen to her other songs...

#11 araKitty

araKitty

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 02:09 PM

wa.... nice song..
really not expecting this.
thought would only heard 'the green hornet' news til the end of the year.
she's a newcomer and already she's working with vincent and duet with jay. lucky talented gal.
glad that she met JVR and they went good together
this is truly a nice song. wish her all the best in her career.
looking forward in her next single.

#12 Wang Ai Mi

Wang Ai Mi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:47 PM

Eeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkk!!!! Zhen de hao ting ah ^^

Nice duet song, they both have good voice and style. I really love Jay sing in R&B style.

[quote]Although Jay singing a duet isn't too surprising, but the surprising thing is that this song is composed by Cindy & this will be the first time ever that Jay sings a song that isn't composed by himself[/quote]

Cyndi is quite talented clapclap Yes, this make me (being Jay's fan for a long time) very very surprise. There's something special between them????? XD

Edited by Wang Ai Mi, 23 October 2009 - 05:07 PM.

#13 aleeson

aleeson

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:28 PM

her MV is out now! please support her as she is a friend of mine!

Edited by aleeson, 26 October 2009 - 11:28 PM.

#14 jeffreyhadi

jeffreyhadi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:10 PM

this song has jay's touch. i mean the composition and arrangement. jay must have supervised her during composing..LOL. this song remind me of jay's dui bu qi.

Edited by jeffreyhadi, 01 November 2009 - 06:15 PM.

#15 xosugarcrushox

xosugarcrushox

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:29 AM

amazing. this song is an instant hook !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users