• 11622 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 08:20 AM

Hear Me - 听说 [2009]

Posted Image

Release Date: 28 August 2009
Origin : Taiwan
Genre: Drama, Romance
Director : Fenfen Zheng(郑芬芬)
Starring: Yihan Chen(陈意涵), Eddie Peng(彭于晏), Yanxi Chen(陈妍希), Lo Bei-an(罗北安), Mei Shiu Lin(林美秀)

Synopsis
Yang Yang (Chen Yi Han) and her elder sister, Xiao Peng (Chen Yan Xi) are born with hearing disabilities and they communicate using sign language in their daily lives. Xiao Peng joins the swimming team for the disabled and has ambition to participate in the Olympic one day. Yang Yang is always there to give her the fullest support.

Tian Kuo (Eddie Peng), who provides lunch catering to the swimming team are impressed with the sisters' relationship and starts to develop his feeling for Yang Yang. He even provides free lunch box to Yang Yang with extra ingredients. Yang Yang, although is from poor family knows that she needs to repay him back one day by calculating the amount of lunch boxes she receives from him.

Tian Kuo understands the hardship of the sisters and willing to wait patiently for her in order to chat with Yang Yang online on MSN. Their relationship grows stronger day by day and Tian Kuo hopes to marry her in the future. One day Yang Yang realizes she spent too much time with Tian Kuo that she has neglected her sister and she decides to break off their relationship…

Trailer

AF Gallery
Heard 2009

Credits & Resources
Moviereviewsquare
Facebook Page
Official Blog

Pictures
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Jen ♥ EdDiE, 08 August 2009 - 11:46 AM.

#2 Mafalda

Mafalda

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 11:58 AM

This movie looks really interesting. I wonder if it'll have sad ending...

I'm glad after B&W Ivy got another project so soon. She really did great job.
And I always like Eddie's creations so I'm really waiting to see this one :)

#3 *Elmo

*Elmo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:56 PM

Aw. She;s soooo cute<3.

#4 Meteor Rain

Meteor Rain

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:42 AM

Looks cool:D Will it be shown in Singapore?

#5 JenTOP.ForeveR

JenTOP.ForeveR

빅뱅 ♥ 탑뇽

• Forum Masters
  • 11622 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:08 AM

Ivy Chen shares shy kiss with Eddie Peng in new film 'Heard'

Posted Image

Source: Liberty Times
Translation: Sarah @ http://asianfanatics.net

Ivy Chen, who shot to fame after ‘Black & White’ shares a shy kiss with Eddie Peng in their new film ‘Heard’. The original script did not include this scene, and the director purposely waited till the day of filming to tell Ivy, because this scene would be the 2’s first kiss. Ivy’s nervous mood matched the storyline requirements perfectly; sweetness but at the same time a bit anxious.

Eddie, Ivy & Michelle Chen will attend parts of the premiere event, currently it’s set to be on the 28th and 29th of August at Taipei’s 4 cinemas. For more information on times and screenings, please visit ‘Heard’s official blog: http://arclight.pixnet.net

http://asianfanatics...p;#entry6284603

#6 JenTOP.ForeveR

JenTOP.ForeveR

빅뱅 ♥ 탑뇽

• Forum Masters
  • 11622 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 02:22 AM

^ pictures from the premiere,
credits: http://pengyuyan.com

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 JenTOP.ForeveR

JenTOP.ForeveR

빅뱅 ♥ 탑뇽

• Forum Masters
  • 11622 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:48 AM

news
http://asianfanatics...p;#entry6301131

FILM REVIEW: A love story in silence

Blatant product placement for the Taipei City Government mars an otherwise enjoyable boy-meets-girl tale

By Ho Yi
STAFF REPORTER
Aug 28, 2009

As athletes from around the world prepare for the Deaflympics, scheduled to open in Taipei on Sept. 5, a group of pop idols and film professionals have assembled a feature film to coincide with the event. Helmed by up-and-coming director Cheng Fen-fen (鄭芬芬), Hear Me (聽說) tells an enjoyable boy-meets-girl story, but adds a twist to the classic tale by introducing hearing-impaired characters and making extensive use of sign language.

The film opens with a swim team training for the upcoming Deaflympics. Hearing-impaired Hsiao Peng (Michelle Chen, 陳妍希) is one of the team’s best swimmers. Her younger sister Yang Yang (Ivy Chen, 陳意涵) drops by the pool every day to support her, all the while working odd jobs so that Hsiao Peng can concentrate on her training.

Also a pool regular, Tian Kuo (Eddie Peng, 彭于晏), a happy young man, delivers lunchboxes to the athletes and is soon attracted to the equally cheerful Yang Yang. The pair communicate through sign language and develop deep feelings for one another.

Things take a turn for the worse, however, when, after a late night date with Kuo, Yang Yang comes home to discover that Hsiao Peng has been hospitalized for smoke inhalation caused by a fire next door. Blaming herself for the accident, Yang Yang decides to stop seeing Kuo.

Despite Yang Yang’s resistance, the lovelorn Kuo does not give up on their budding romance. While his patience and determination eventually win the girl’s heart, Hear Me’s ending is anything but predictable.

As demonstrated in her feature film debut, 2007’s Keeping Watch (沉睡的青春), award-winning scriptwriter and director Cheng possesses the skill to tell a story gracefully, a talent young Taiwanese filmmakers often lack. Though many audience members may not be familiar with sign language, the main form of communication between the two protagonists, Hear Me’s carefully scripted narrative, comic relief and genuine emotional resonance quickly render this language barrier unimportant.

The film also earns extra points for its well-cast group of actors. Though Peng risks being typecast as a happy-go-lucky, good-natured guy, he stands out with his lovable antics and impressive comedic timing. Theater veteran Luo Bei-an (羅北安) and Golden Horse-winning actress Lin Mei-hsiu (林美秀) make adorable sidekicks as Kuo’s parents.

Supported by Taipei City’s Department of Cultural Affairs (台北市文化局) and the Taipei Organizing Committee of the 21st Summer Deaflympics, Hear Me is less a movie about sportsmanship and the world of the hearing-impaired than a lighthearted romance featuring young pop idols. The promotional motivations behind the movie become all too obvious at certain points, a prime example being the director’s portrayal of Taipei as a city filled with extreme cyclists, skateboarders, street musicians and flamenco and hip-hop dancers, all of whom congregate in the outdoor squares of the upscale Xinyi District.

http://www.taipeitim...8/28/2003452149

^
pictures at the (official) premiere

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://gallery.asian...p...&pid=776692
http://gallery.asian...p...&pid=776693
http://gallery.asian...p...&pid=776711
http://gallery.asian...p...&pid=776712
http://gallery.asian...p...7807&page=1

#8 ♥ ying

♥ ying

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:12 PM

I really like Ivy Chen. She's very cute and sweet. I haven't watched this movie but I'm hoping that the DVD will be release soon and I can watch it!

#9 happie

happie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:56 AM

I can't wait to watch it but got to wait till my exams are over! ):

#10 tdrama*addict

tdrama*addict

AF Official Translator

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1412 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:47 PM

i`m hoping the DVD version will be out soon too, but i`m guessing probably not until at least another month or so! too bad they don`t air chinese movies in north america. sigh

#11 Guest_simply_jenn(:_*

Guest_simply_jenn(:_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2009 - 06:35 PM

awe eddie peng<3 definitely watching this movie soon!

#12 Okusa

Okusa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:45 PM

Somebody tell me please, where can I download or watch it with english subtitles?

#13 gragra0103

gragra0103

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 01:18 AM

omg i love eddie sooooo much.
and ivy is so pretty :) loved her in hard persimmon and black&white.
CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH!!! >.<
probably just a few more weeks before it's on the internet? i hope~!!!

@Okusa: you're going to have to wait till the movie comes out on dvd first. it's already out in theaters in taiwan. so maybe it won't be long?

#14 6cid

6cid

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 06:28 PM

Heard that this movie is coming to Singapore in 2010, organised by SADeaf.

#15 afel

afel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 11:23 AM

I hope someone can upload this movie. So good that it will be air in Singapore. Don't know if it will be air in Malaysia or not...

#16 azn_gypsy123

azn_gypsy123

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:27 AM

The movie looks really cute. I really want to watch it.

#17 shuhuif

shuhuif

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:55 AM

PRESS RELEASE 11 DECEMBER 2009

HEAR ME 《听说》SINGAPORE STAR TOUR
ASIAN HEARTHROB EDDIE PENG, YU YEN & AWARD WINNING DIRECTOR CHENG, FEN FEN
ARRIVING IN SINGAPORE TO PROMOTE HEAR ME, THE HIGHEST GROSSING TAIWANESE FILM OF 2009
亚洲超人气偶像彭于晏与导演郑芬芬齐聚狮城
为2009年最清新动人的台湾票房冠军《听说》造势!

<HEAR ME> MALL APPEARANCE
《听说》影迷见面会
18 December (Friday)
7:30PM
Bugis Junction

<HEAR ME> GALA PREMIERE
《听说》新加坡首映礼
18 December (Friday)
9:00PM
Cathay Cineleisure Orchard, Level 4

or Immediate Release – Leading Actor, Asian Heartthrob Eddie Peng and Award Winning Director Cheng Fen Fen is set to arrive in Singapore next week as part of a 3-day trip to promote the upcoming release of the film HEAR ME.

Arriving on 17th December at 12:05PM via BR 225 from Taipei, the stars will attend a press conference at K BOX, K UNION at noon on 18th December. The stars will then meet-and-greet fans at Bugis Junction at 7:30PM before gracing the Gala Premiere of Hear Me, 《听说》at Cathay Cineplex, Cineleisure Orchard.

Both cast and director will depart Singapore at 13:10PM, on 19th December via BR 226.

Hear Me, 《听说》is opening in cinemas island-wide 7th January 2010.

亚洲超人气偶像彭于晏与导演郑芬芬,将于12月17 日(星期四)12点05分乘坐BR225从台北抵达新加坡, 在本地为2009年最清新动人的台湾票房冠军《听说》造势, 进行3天的宣传造势活动。

彭于晏与导演郑芬芬,将于12月18日,中午1点30分在K BOX K UNION举行《听说》记者招待会。同日会在傍晚,到白沙浮广场与《听说》的影迷们见面,之后再出席《听说》的新加坡首映礼。

彭于晏与导演郑芬芬将于12月19 日,1点10分分乘坐BR226离新。

《听说》将于2010 年1月7 日在全岛戏院上映!

Official movie website: www.festivefilms.com/hearme

For more info: email to shuhui.fu@festivefilms.com

thank you!

#18 little_stars

little_stars

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 08:21 PM

have seen this movie and its really cute
I love the pairing Eddie Peng and Ivy Chen
She is such a wonderful actress :thumbsup (in the movie you can see that she is soooo unbelievable thin :shock but i know she is fine ^_^* )
and the storyline is cute as well - it is definately a worth watching movie ! I recommend it to all :thumbsup

#19 sweetlove-EK

sweetlove-EK

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:08 PM

Really, I thought the movie was quite boring?
It didn't really have a climax to me, and it was so hard to concentrate on watching the movie because through most of the movie they communicated in sign language.
and don't you think the ending is kind of disappointing? it was like LOL

#20 azn_gypsy123

azn_gypsy123

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:59 AM

I finally watched the movie. The main couple was really cute and it was interesting to see a story about the life of people with hearing disabilities. It was a bit hard to concentrate at times, because there's actually no voiceovers in the movie when they're communicating using sign language. The cast and their acting made up for this though. The ending was okay, not anything new, but was satisfactory. I think Hear Me is one of those movies that people will either love or hate. I loved the movie :thumbsup Hopefully, Eddie Peng and Ivy Chen are going to be another movie together soon.

#21 aneruok

aneruok

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:55 AM

Can anyone recommend movies like "Hear me"? I havent seen such a great movie for awhile. Im not sure why It felt really refreshing to watch this movie.

I guess they would be a somewhat lighthearted movie about love?

#22 Astraea Mrieux

Astraea Mrieux

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:23 PM

Overall, I think Hear Me is a very adorable movie.
Michelle Chen amazed me in here. She expressed her character's emotions perfectly without even uttering a single word, that's something epic to me. Hope to see her in a lot more movies ^_^
I've always been a fan of Eddie's, he plays the happy-go-lucky role quite well. Ivy Chen's performance in Spider Lilies had left a memorable impression on me despite being quite short, but in Hear Me, she made me fall for her completely :iloveyou: She's one of those few people that are genuinely cute. I guess that's why she manages to be adorable without turning gaggingly cutesy.
Despite it's warmth & refreshing story, Hear Me isn't something that I'd recommend to many people. It's something to watch when you're bored & there's nothing else to do.

#23 JenTOP.ForeveR

JenTOP.ForeveR

빅뱅 ♥ 탑뇽

• Forum Masters
  • 11622 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 09:33 AM

LJpopped uploaded this movie in YT with subs. Just visit her channel,
http://www.youtube.com/user/LJpopped

I want to watch it so badly but i don't have time yet. :( :(

#24 ootorirei

ootorirei

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 08:38 PM

The movie is good. Very nicely filmed. I like Yanxi Chen's performance. I don't quite like the ending though. Somehow I think it's politically incorrect. LOL.

#25 asianbuddy

asianbuddy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 02:31 PM

hey everyone...speaking of ivy chen,...does anyone know if she is Buddhist? or Christian? or what?

i know she played a role as a Christian in the movie Hear Me (2009), but that doesn't necessarily mean she is Christian, can someone please help me find out?

#26 elloshiions

elloshiions

Drama Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1637 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 03:33 PM

i watched this movie about a month ago because a friend introduced it to me.
i am glad i did not turn down his offer on this movie because it was well made.
at first, i too thought that ivy chen was mute but then later found it weird how both sisters would be mute..
i found it tender, sweet and realistic.

#27 boonorbane

boonorbane

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:51 PM

the movie looks really interesting. ill look for it now. i love eddy and i think ivy's really cute ^^

#28 2mingenfan

2mingenfan

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 04:43 PM

Finally got to watch this.. not bad, very entertaining , cute movie..eddie peng does have that movie star quality..

#29 thtlam

thtlam

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1252 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:57 AM

I watched this movie a few months ago and was glad I gave it a try, I didn't want to watch it but my only reason was Eddie Peng, he's so cute and the movie was not bad, Eddie Peng and Ivy Chen are so cute together and even though there was not that many spoken lines I felt these two chemistry :D

#30 chang_29

chang_29

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1140 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:31 AM

Hello! I've been planning to watch this movie for a long time now. And finally, I have downloaded it yesterday. I'm happy coz my hard work in pursuing to download it was not wasted.. And so, I found it cute and nice! I admired how they nicely portrayed the sign languages.. amazing. Michelle Chen looks refreshed here coz I first and last see her in Wish To See You Again.. This is my first time to see Eddie Peng's acting skills. He can play with his facial expressions well too. Ivy Chen's role here is really different from her previous role in BnW. I can't help but to think of ZZ though, because of Michelle and Ivy. Lin Mei Xui (Tian Kuo's mother) and Luo Bei An (Tian Kuo's father) added to the fun! Btw, I liked the soundtrack too. luv it! (This is my first Taiwan movie without ZZ in it. ^_^) and so I can say it's a nice experience.. Posted Image

Posted Image

chang

#31 Superficial Queen

Superficial Queen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:45 PM

What a fresh, original, cute little gem, Hear Me is. The whole experience of watching this movie I would classify it as enchanting and light hearted like a long walk in the park on a sunny morning.^^ Eddie Peng and Ivy Chen looked so natural and low key together, as the typical couple in your average indie flick, except that they were a wordless pair. One of the adorablest, dorkiest onscreen couples ever. ~

Edited by queen of superficial., 30 June 2011 - 09:28 PM.

#32 mushiromigal

mushiromigal

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 04:15 PM

i <3 this movie!
It's super nice! Refreshing and the main two are so cute together!
Hope they can collab in other dramas.:)

#33 L_a_M_i_u

L_a_M_i_u

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:39 AM

it is a excellent movie .Taiwan directors are good at describing the normal one .

#34 wangwang8

wangwang8

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:47 PM

Hi guys! can we download movie torrents here? please help me im new here. thanks!

#35 butlerana

butlerana

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:38 AM

Taiwan directors are good at describing the normal one .
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users