• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52590 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:12 PM

Leila and Bonald Leung's duet passes successfully
Thursday September 10, 2009 Hong Kong
Credits: to Leila.T Connected @ http://leilatconnected.wordpress.com/

Posted Image

Leila Tong and new singer, Bonald Leung, sang a new duet <咫尺之間> and their performance was rhythmic. She siad that she was pretty nervous and hope that they can make it through successfully. Leila revealed that her contract with TVB ended early this year and will start to take different types of jobs in the future. She said, “Actually mainly is filming. However I will attempt stageplay and music if there is a chance. I should try more stuff when I'm still young.”

#122 LivingSoul

LivingSoul

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:24 AM

foreverleila, thanks for the update! She looks gorgeous in that dress! Can't wait to hear their new song.

There's a video of Leila talking about her upcoming sitcom at http://www.30fen.com...akho-leila.html . So good that Leila wants to continue improving her acting skills.
Also there are photos from LeLeLaLa of Leila just prior to the function:

Credits to LeLeLaLa:
*Edit: The pictures were originally from LeLeLaLa but they changed the urls to host the pictures of the actual concert (which I'll put in a separate post). I found the same pictures I originally wanted to post of Leila prior to the function from Leila Express so I replaced them in this post.

Hence credit to Leila Express instead for these pics:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

One more pic:
http://leila-tonglin...0090910/04a.jpg

Edited by LivingSoul, 12 September 2009 - 04:05 PM.

#123 LivingSoul

LivingSoul

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 04:50 PM

LeLeLaLa posted new pictures of Leila (I noticed after my pictures from previous changed to new ones lol). They are of Leila rehearsing for the concert and pictures of her from the actual concert as well.

Leila looks so pretty in that dress IMO. An aside and all, since Leila does look tomboyish like she did in 都市閒情and yet look so pretty in the concert, I would love to see Leila in a HK version of the Taiwan series 花樣少年少女. The series revolves around a girl dressing up as a guy to go to this particular all guys school. I would LOVE to see Leila in a similar kind of role lol :tricky: :tricky:. Anyone with me on this? :P

Anyways the pictures as promised, credits to LeLeLaLa:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The rest of the pictures:
http://www.leilatong...0090910/02a.jpg
http://www.leilatong...0090910/03a.jpg
http://www.leilatong...0090910/04a.jpg
http://www.leilatong...0090910/05a.jpg
http://www.leilatong...0090910/06a.jpg
http://www.leilatong...0090910/07a.jpg

#124 *TVB*

*TVB*

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:46 PM

foreverleila & LivingSoul...Thanks for all the updates :)

Leila just updated her blog with some pics from the concert.
I'll just post one pic since the other one was already posted.

Posted Image

Credits to Leila's QQ Blog

Btw do you guys have any updates on her sitcom?
Have they started filming yet? I hope we will get more news on it ^__^

#125 LivingSoul

LivingSoul

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:32 AM

*TVB* thanks for the update! No idea on the sitcom but my guess is they're already filming considering the costume fitting was done already.

There's 2 videos of Leila singing at the concert! Encouraging signs for Leila to put out a new album?

http://www.tudou.com...ew/dSfcq2qbhp0/
http://www.tudou.com...ew/NQXkY3ls_Nk/

same videos but hosted on youtube instead:

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#126 Uh_Oh

Uh_Oh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1389 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:10 PM

Thanks for all the pictures and videos! The duet song sounds pretty nice. Does anyone know what the 2nd mandarin song is?

The sitcom is currently filming. Kay Tse visited the set with mooncakes and will be singing the themesong. Theres no other news about the series or Leila so I'm just gonna post the picture. Leila is the one facing Ella and behind Kay. Maybe Ella and she are sharing a mooncake? Haha.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And one more: http://image.wenweip...17/en0917d1.jpg

Also found this youtube video of Leila eating a cookie. Its from a while ago since Leila still had her long hair. I really like her shirt. Haha.

Edited by Uh_Oh, 17 September 2009 - 06:19 PM.

#127 LivingSoul

LivingSoul

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 01:40 AM

Uh-Oh thanks for the update! I wonder if this new RTHK sitcom will aired first or APCOM II (or at the same time?). Going to look forward to both series though :tricky:
Regarding the songs, the solo one is 但願人長久 and the duet one is called 咫尺之間.

#128 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52590 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 03:24 AM

Leila revealed that she goes to bed without bathing
Wednesday September 23, 2009 Hong Kong
Credits: to Leila.T Connected @ http://leilatconnected.wordpress.com/

Posted Image
After finishing these in-depth questions, Leila understands herself even better!

Posted Image
Looking very feminine on the outside, Leila is actually a very candid person in private.

[Leila worked with Wong Ka Kui when she was young and they had a pretty good relationship.]
[Leila likes to collect Keroro and has countless figurines in her collection!]
[Despite having a slim figure, Leila is actually a big eater!]

Leila Tong, who looks gentle on the outside, actually has a very boyish personality. Apart from saying “NO” to cosmetics, she does not even mind wearing shoes without socks and sleeps without bathing!

Habits: Recycle old pyjamas

Q: What is your view on wearing shoes without socks?

A: Fast! Occasionally I drive without wearing socks.

Q: Have you ever tried going straight to bed without bathing because of fatigue?

A: Yes! There was once after working for a few days in a row, I feel asleep once I stepped into the house.

Q: Do you prefer to wear casually/cartoon pyjamas/ sexy pyjamas to bed?

A: Casual clothes, especially those very old clothes because it's environmentally friendly.

Conclusion: “Although I am working in front of the cameras, I am not someone who likes to be pretty. My manager always says that I am very casual. Actually, why do we have to be so particular of what we wear to sleep since there is no one to see! However, I have to clarify that I am only casual, definitely not dirty!”

Childhood: Writing letters to Wong Ka Kui

Q: Have you every play with Barbie or cooking games?

A: I have played with Jenny before. But I stopped playing with it after a week or so because it's really boring!

Q: What about writing letters to stars?

A: Yes, after Wong Ka Kui passed away, I wrote a letter to him. Firstly, it's because we have worked together before. Secondly, it's because I really miss him at that time!

Conclusion: “I really don't understand why did I play with Jenny at that time. These girly toys really don't suit me at all and it gives me goosebumps when I think of it! As for why I played with Jenny and not Barbie, I figured it's because to help the weak against the strong? Haha!”

Collection: Whole house full of Keroro

Q: Do you like to collect shoes, watches or cartoon bags?

A: I love collecting Keroro figurines and I have plenty of them!

Q: Which part of your body do you dislike most?

A: I have too much hair, it's irritating!

Conclusion: “I really have alot of hair. Even on those places where no one can imagine. You know that being an artiste we have to wear short skirt and short sleeves most of the time and it's very inconvenient!”

Meals: Favourite is Fruits

Q: Can you eat spicy food?
A: I can't take spicy good but I really like to drink Tom Yum Goong

Q: What are the weird eating habits that you have?
A: I will drink soup and eat fruits before and after meals

Conclusion: “Be it soup or fruits, I will just drink and eat them whenever I feel like it! I'm not afraid of stomach pains because I ate too much as these foods have their benefits! As for those that are not good for the health but taste nice, I will also take them just that in lesser portions!”

#129 Phixster

Phixster

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:16 AM

^ thanks for the interview

wow, Leila seems more tomboyish that I thought

#130 LivingSoul

LivingSoul

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 03:00 PM

Thanks for the interview foreverleila!

Leila's manager has confirmed that there will be replay of Leila's stage production Popcorn from Dec 18-20th this year. Here's the poster for the show (credits to LeilaTConnected)

Posted Image

#131 *TVB*

*TVB*

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 05:53 PM

LivingSoul, Uh_Oh, & foreverleila..Thanks for all the pics, videos, and interview :)

Popcorn must be really good for them to have a replay. :thumbsup
Oh, I have great news for everyone. Leila's sitcom will be aired next month on TVB. We'll get to see Leila soon :D

RTHK press release – RTHK films hi-def drama
Monday September 28, 2009 Hong Kong
Credits to Leila.T Connected

Full title: RTHK starts filming hi-def drama <Rooms to Let>Using a light-hearted method to communicate common problems found in society

The first hi-def sitcom produced by RTHK, <Rooms to Let>, started filming on 8 September 2009, Tuesday. The main cast – David Chiang, Lau Ka Fai, Ella Koon, Pakho Chow, Gabriel Harrison, Leila Tong, Wai Ka Hung and Bitto etc, gathered in the RTHK recording studio to participate in the praying ceremony. This is immediately followed by the start of a two month filming period.

The praying ceremony was hosted by the director of RTHK, Franklin Wong, afterwhich he passed a big key to the cast, signifying that they formally moved into a new house, and this marks the start of filming. Franklin Wong also showed his support and encouragement for the cast, hoping that they will do their best to act in this drama, thus providing the people a high quality drama.

Rooms to Let, a sitcom shot in high definition, has started its preparation works long ago and is scheduled to be released at the start of October. The story background revolves around a building in Central which is facing demolition due to upgrading works. Because of various complicated reasons in the family history, half of the building ownership belongs to the protagonist (a troubled English gentleman who came back to Hong Kong) and the other half belongs to his nephew. In order to survive, the English gentleman (acted by David Chiang) and his nephew (acted by Lau Ka Fai) rented half of the building out.

In other words, apart from the troubled English gentleman, a bunch of eccentric tenants from different places gathered in half of the building. This includes: the gentleman's daughter who came back from England with nothing accomplished (acted by Leila Tong), a knowlegeable elderly, a young and pretty girl who sells beer (acted by Ella Koon), a businessman who returned to Hong Kong to hide as his business failed in mainland (acted by Wai Ka Hung), a cunning CEO who is always up to tricks (acted by Gabriel Harrison), a young and passionate young man with dreams (acted by Pakho Chow) and a construction worker from South Asia who grew up in Hong Kong (acted by Bitto). Every tenant has a different background and values, and that half of the building is like a mini version of the society. Every episode will present the different problems in society in light-hearted manner.

Rooms to Let has 13 episodes in total and will be aired on TVB Jade Channel from 11 october onwards, every Sunday at 7pm.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by *TVB*, 28 September 2009 - 05:59 PM.

#132 LeilaTongDevotee

LeilaTongDevotee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:16 PM

thanks for the new pics!!! i'm excited to see this new series! :D diff leila character!
and i'm so happy that they are gonna replay popcorn! maybe leila's hair will grow out longer a bit in december.

#133 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52590 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:05 PM

Leila and Bonald Leung's duet

*Credits to BonaldLeung.com

Chinese lyrics:

Spoiler

*Credits to BonaldLeung.com

#134 themissingpiece

themissingpiece

♥ KhaFi

• Forum Masters
  • 4865 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:33 AM

Pakho's newest blog post has some great pics of Leila that he took on set for "Room to Rent" (http://hk.myblog.yah...ticle?mid=47574):

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

It's hilarious how Pakho refers to her as 姓江的唐小姐. LOL, Pakho's addicted to a game on Leila's cellphone.

Btw, I made a thread for "Room for Rent": http://asianfanatics...howtopic=684644

Edited by themissingpiece, 01 October 2009 - 03:36 AM.

#135 Uh_Oh

Uh_Oh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1389 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:07 PM

Thanks everyone for all the news!

Wow, Pakho takes wonderful pictures. I especially love the 2nd one. It looks so playful. I can't wait until this series airs. It should be soon since they said start of October right?

Leila news: she went to the gym with Bonald.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

http://orientaldaily...00282-058b2.jpg

Edited by Uh_Oh, 02 October 2009 - 04:11 AM.

#136 Phixster

Phixster

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 05:07 AM

wow thanks for the all the pictures!

the duet with bonald sounds really really good. I really like the song

#137 LivingSoul

LivingSoul

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 05:28 AM

Thanks for the updates!!!

Don't want to be left out so I'll post update too :tricky: . E-zone has Leila on their cover again this month. The pictures seems to be from quite a while back judging from her hair style.

Credits to LeLeLaLa

Posted Image
Posted Image

#138 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52590 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 04:34 PM

Leila's basketball skill is not as good as her junior's
Friday October 2, 2009 Hong Kong
Source: on.cc
Translation credits to: http://leilatconnected.wordpress.com

Posted Image
Leila works out at the gym secretly, making her body contours even better

Posted Image
Bonald is really good at the hoops machine and Leila is upset that she's not as good

Posted Image
Leila, with her position as a senior, teaches Bonald how to exercise

Posted Image
Bonald pulls his ears to appease his senior

Leila Tong, who has a great interest in singing all along, sang a duet with Bonald Leung recently. In order to perform in the best shape, Leila, using the ‘trainer' identity, brought Bonald to the gym to train. However, she then realised that her exercising cells are not as strong as Bonald's, making her really embarrassed.

In these two years, Leila has been training in the gym secretly. Apart from making her body shape even better, she also hopes that this can help to train her lungs in order to venture into the music industry in the future. Having released an album of her own, Leila recently sang a love duet with Bonald Leung. She even revealed that there were lots of funny things going on when she was recording with Bonald. She said,”I treat him as my younger brother, thus it's really funny that we have to sing a love duet and I can't hold my laughter every time. When we sing the next time, I won't dare to look at him in the eyes, just in case it becomes funny and that won't be good!”

Feeling inferior due to bad skills

Leila feels that Bonald is shy and weak, thus she used her status as a senior to bring this little brother to work in the gym. However, when they were playing the basketball machine, Leila realised that her junior's exercise cells were better than hers, making her really embarrased. Leila said, “When we were doing warm ups and working on the machines, I was still teaching him very well. However, when it comes to the basketball machine, the difference can be seen and his stamina is much better than me. I really feel very inferior! But it's okay, guys and girls are different so I won't blame myself.”

Seeing how depressed his senior looked, Bonald immediately sweettalked her, making her smile again, “You are still more capable, I still have lots of things to learn from you.”

Leila trains Bonald Leung to be a big guy
Friday October 2, 2009 Hong Kong
Source: on.cc
Translation credits to: http://leilatconnected.wordpress.com

Leila, who has been working out in the gym in secret for two years, found that Bonald Leung is shy and weak while they were singing a love duet. She actually volunteered to train Bonald in the gym. Although Leila is full of passion, Bonald is actually better interms of stamina and waist strength. This made Leila, the “fake trainer”, feels very disappointed. She said, “The difference can immediately be seen when it comes to shooting basketballs! I feel so inferior. Never mind! Guys and girls are different so I won't blame myself.” She even revealed that there are lots of funny stuff going on when they were recording. “Because I treat him as a younger brother, it is really a joke when we had to sing a love duet. I can't help but laugh whenever we sing and I won't dare to look at him in the eyes when we perform next time!”

#139 kpopanda

kpopanda

AF Official Translator

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 03:20 PM

wow, leila must be really tired for all the hard work. but why is she practicing basketball?

Edited by lil_monkiboi, 03 October 2009 - 03:21 PM.

#140 Uh_Oh

Uh_Oh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1389 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:45 AM

^I think it was just another machine in the gym that involved basketball.

Pakho updated more pictures. He is such an amazing photographer. Loved Leila's pictures.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

The official website: http://www.rthk.org....tolet/index.htm
Airdate: Oct. 11 - credit to themissingpiece

Edited by Uh_Oh, 04 October 2009 - 03:47 AM.

#141 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52590 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:07 PM

Here's Leila's character intro for her new series "Rooms to Let":

Leila as Doris:

Leila is the only daughter of Lee Lam Lam (played by David Chiang) and his previous wife, Leona. Born in England, Doris grew up in a protected family and her character was very conceited and discriminated people who do not speak English. She studied for three degrees in university but did not complete her courses, and she ran back to Hong Kong to hide after chalking up debts. She was very westernised, thus even when Lee Lam Lam returned to Hong Kong, she continued to live in England with Leona. She was unhappy that her parents divorced and always rebutted Lee Lam Lam and was so rebellious that she married a black man, Frank. However, they divorced in the end.

With no choice, Doris went to her father's old building and lived with a bunch from people coming from different walks of life. She was so unreasonable that she laid ten unfair rules for the tenants there, resulting in lots of jokes. She liked to use English to talk about the bad things of each tenant on the phone, thinking that they did not understand. And everytime, it was Ng Jik (played by Lau Ka Fai) who helped her to solve the troubles. After that, Doris and another tenant became an arguing couple who slowly appreciates each other.

Credits: translation to LeilaT.Connected @ http://leilatconnected.wordpress.com

#142 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52590 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 05:34 PM

Leila's new series "Rooms to Let" has a subforum on AF:

http://www.asianfana...p?showforum=399

#143 LivingSoul

LivingSoul

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 05:41 PM

Thanks for the updates! Rooms to let is airing tomorrow!!

Leila has a stage play update, it's a story about biking I think. Leila looks cute on the poster. She's got long hair so wonder if this was done a while back or is it just extensions. Here's the poster (credits to Leila Express )

Posted Image

#144 Uh_Oh

Uh_Oh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1389 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 06:44 PM

Thanks! Looks like Leila has a new stage production right after New Years, 1/1/2010-1/3/2010. I think it is a recent photograph and Leila just wore a wig for it? I never heard of this stage play before. Have you guys? Has it been shown in 2008 or something because there seems to be a lot of reviews about it already.

#145 LivingSoul

LivingSoul

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 03:04 AM

^ I think it won some award for best script in 2008 or something, I'm probably wrong but that's what I got out of it with my limited Chinese skills lol, apparently based on a true story (of course a bit edited for the actual screen play). Hope more updates come soon.

#146 LivingSoul

LivingSoul

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 04:51 PM

The first episode of 有房出租 has aired!! Video here: http://www.tudou.com...ew/SjB-rJPaXDo/

Also some pictures from the first episode. I haven't watched it yet but Leila looks so ghetto in the pictures haha.

Credits to RTHKfor the pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#147 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52590 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:51 PM

I finished watching the first episode of "Rooms to Let" and it was so nice to see Leila back in a series. Haven't seen her ever since "Man in Charge" so if course it's nice to see her back. Never seen her in this type of hair style before, so it's really refreshing. Can't wait to see episode 2 next Sunday.

#148 *TVB*

*TVB*

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 02:37 AM

Thanks everyone for all the updates :D
Those pics are wonderful :thumbsup
I got inspired and made a banner with the guitar pic :)

Posted Image

Edited by *TVB*, 18 October 2009 - 02:39 AM.

#149 LivingSoul

LivingSoul

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 01:11 AM

Thanks *TVB*!! You have talent in these kind of graphics things, what software do you use?

Just finished watching the first episode of Rooms to Let, foreverleila, I agree with you, it's been so long since a modern series for Leila. From the preview, seems like Leila will have short again for the rest of the series. I couldn't find the video of the second episode yet (probably out tomorrow) but for now, found a clip of some NG footage of it:

http://www.tudou.com...ew/0A8sjakkb-8/

#150 Uh_Oh

Uh_Oh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1389 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 01:32 AM

Thanks for all the news! Saw up to ep. 2 and it seems like Leila will have short hair and not the afro anymore.

I think Room to Let is a real treat for Leila's english speaking fans. Its so nice to be able to hear her speak English in there.

#151 LivingSoul

LivingSoul

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:30 AM

Uh-Oh:
I just finished watching second episode too, it was all about Leila's character. For those who need a link to it: http://www.tudou.com...ew/zi8bX-geciw/

Prior to this episode, I think the only time I heard Leila spoke in English was like one sentence in TLB. Like how she said"I'm well educated. You know?" with an attitude and all hehe.

Here are some photos of the second episode.

Spoiler

But off topic, the pictures are linked from RTHK website which does transfer a bit slow (at least for me) so was planning to maybe to the AF Leila gallery. I got concerns however on which sources' pictures I'm allowed or not allowed to put on AF gallery (and I'm too lazy to search haha). Someone give me a hand or send me a link to information on this? Tys.

#152 melyx615

melyx615

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:30 PM

just to check, are there any fans from singapore planning to go watch leila's stageplay?

#153 *TVB*

*TVB*

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:47 AM

Thanks LivingSoul :) I used photoshop for all those banners =)
& Thanks for the pics and links as well ^_^

melyx615 , Leila will be in Singapore to perform a stage play?

#154 melyx615

melyx615

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:34 PM

Thanks LivingSoul :) I used photoshop for all those banners =)
& Thanks for the pics and links as well ^_^

melyx615 , Leila will be in Singapore to perform a stage play?

nope. i mean the ones in hk

#155 *TVB*

*TVB*

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:59 AM

Hi everyone. I was surfing around baidu and I found this wonderful manip :D It looks so real, isn't it?

Posted Image

Credits to Baidu :)

Edited by *TVB*, 29 October 2009 - 08:00 AM.

#156 LivingSoul

LivingSoul

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:26 AM

^^
Nice find!! Thought it was real at first, I'm really jealous of ppl with these photo editing talents >_>.

For anyone who missed it, link the 3rd episode of Room to Let:

http://www.tudou.com...ew/DQnSPs8XvZQ/

#157 *TVB*

*TVB*

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 07:28 PM

LivingSoul, I thought it was real too. The person who made it is so talented clapclap

Btw Leila just updated her blog with some pics. She looks beautiful and I love her eyelashes. They are so long and pretty :thumbsup

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Credits to Leila's QQ Blog :D

#158 LivingSoul

LivingSoul

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:00 AM

^^
Thanks *TVB*, Leila look great in those pictures!! I kinda like Leila with longer hair hehe..

Episode 4 of 有房出租 is out:
http://www.tudou.com...ew/qkn4LV-wnrI/

Also there's photos of Leila in My Generation magazine. There's 4 pictures in total but 2 of them didn't show up for me :(. Anyways here are the pictures, (credits to LeLeLaLa):

Posted Image
Posted Image

and the two that didn't display for me, if they work, let me know:
http://www.leilatong...20091031/p1.jpg
http://www.leilatong...20091031/p2.jpg

#159 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52590 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:49 PM

Leila Tong: My Generation
Monday November 2, 2009 Hong Kong
Credits: Le Le La La
Translation to http://leilatconnected.wordpress.com/

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

A different kind of artiste

The entertainment circle is full of sexy models and idols who are specially packaged to suit audiences' tastes or bound by negative news. Among all the stars, has anyone noticed an artiste with potential, and is working hard silently?

Today, she continues to perform seriously and puts in all the effort she can
to put up the best performance. To her, this is just the beginning. To be the same on the surface and on the inside is the most difficult for an actor to achieve. What is even harder is that no matter physically or mentally, she can balance both for a healthy lifestyle.

Apart from understanding more about Leila's sincerity, this interview also shares some positive attitudes about life and is definitely a worthy reference.

Q: There are so many different kinds of people that you meet in the entertainment circle. What kind of mood do you use to face them? Will there be any pressure facing these people?

A: Actually most of the cast and crew are very fun! The cast and crew seems to have endless energy, even when we stop filming, they can continue to jump around. And they are having fun themselves, enjoying this kind of lifestyle. Seeing their lives like that also made me very happy. Of course, everyone leads their life differently and you can't control other people's actions. The most important thing to remember is to keep to your own principles all the time. I believe we can find wealth in a lot of places, however when we lose these principles, you will not be happy even when you find the wealth.

Q: Have you ever tried being overly into a character, causing difficulties in getting out of it? Or are there any memorable scenes which you could not forget for days? How did you manage these emotions?

A: Recently, I took part in a film ‘A Very Short Life' which is a movie adapation from a real life story about paedophilia. I play the child's mother in the film and I had to cry non-stop everyday to bring this character alive. There were really big changes in my emotions.

Q: How did you find out more about this role?

A: As this role is something that I have never experienced before, I really need the director's help a lot. He did lots of research prior to the filming of the movie, thus he will know more about this kind of experiences.
Luckily, the director had the filming schedule very well planned out and filmed the movie using a very tight schedule. I have a feeling that I just went through a very sad life and there was a period of time after that when I felt really sad and depressed. As the character's situation is really tragic, I tried my best not to let myself continue with these emotions after filming. I believe I'm a very optimistic person.
Now I hope to present more of such stories to everyone, hoping that more people will know and understand such situations.

Q: You are usually playing those lively and bubbly characters on screen. Are there any differences with your usual lifestyle?

A: Actually I'm someone who is afraid of very noisy and packed environments. Sometimes there will be very big changes in my emotions while filming, thus i will try to remain calm and composed during the rest of my time. I will also try to make my life more harmonious and I am very satisfied with such a lifestyle. For example, I have a small vegetable garden at home and I will enjoy the harvesting feeling when i'm free. I am already very satisfied if I have such a life.
Actually I'm a very emotional person and my feelings are very easily influenced by others. I will cry whenever I watch those touching movies. As I watched Brad Pitt's ‘The Curious Case of Benjamin Button' yesterday, I had some feelings myself and was afraid that I would not be able to attend your interview today!

Q: There are more pressure in life for an artiste as compared to a normal person. Can you share some of your thoughts about relieving stress?

A: I will think about my dogs at the first thought. My mood will turn for the better once I'm with them.

Q: But they won't talk to you?

A: Sometimes people in my line communicate too much to each other. When things get too complicated, i will want to tone down a little, to live a simple life. Just because they don't talk, it makes it all the more comfortable spending time with them .

Q: Do you think pets can communicate with humans? Do you think your pets can understand your mood?

A: They definitely understand all about you! I think that everyone who has put in effort to keep a dog will definitely agree with me. Actually animals are very clever! It can feel if you are treating it sincerely.

Sometimes humans can be too calculative. For example, maybe if you satisfy my material needs, I will treat you better. This complicates things. On the other hand, animals only require the most basic needs. It will remember who brings them for a jog, who feeds them and if the person has the heart to do it. The time and effort that you put in is usually more important than the returns you get. This is also the reason why it's simpler than communicating with another person and is also why I like them so much.

Q: When did you start to love dogs? Can you share any experiences when they made you happy or sad?

A: I started keeping dogs when I was three years old and it was a miniature shepherd. I still remember that I had pestered my mum and dad to let me keep a dog, but I never thought that the place where I used to live did not allow pets. Thus, I had to give it to a friend not long after. Many years later, I found out through the friend that it has passed away. When I knew about this, I felt really sad as I did not accompany her all the way. Keeping it till it was six years old is really not a short period of time! The only thankful thing is that I have not seen any of my pets leave me till now.

Q: Are there any memorable people or experiences which influenced your views and values?

A: If you are talking about a person, perhaps it would be my father. He is those kind of people who can handle anything as they come. On the other hand, my mum's character is slightly more anxious. Just so nice that they are of different characters and it is quite interesting to observe the way they live with each other. Their life is also a part of mine. They did not purposely influence me but their attitudes towards life slowly became my role model.

Q: Up till now, what do you think is the most important and most cherished thing in your life?

A: Actually everything around me is equally important, and it is difficult to determine the value of something. I think it's probably because I feel love at different places!

Q: (Asking others) Are there anything you want?

Mon (Leila's Manager): I want health. Without health, I wouldn't be able to achieve anything.

#160 LivingSoul

LivingSoul

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:10 AM

It's been a while, there are a lot of Leila updates!!:

Leila attended a function as a guest for "outstanding animal awards" on Sunday. Here's a picture of Leila at the function (she's such a dog lover haha):

Original source from on.cc, picture hosted on LeilaT Connected:

Posted Image

There are lots of updates on 有房出租:
Episode 5 (Leila barely gets any screentime though):
http://www.tudou.com...ew/t8orE77J7Aw/

Episode 6:
http://www.tudou.com...ew/HOQPlqAfA2s/

Ella Koon posted lots of photosof the production, here are the ones with Leila in them. They both look very cute and they're pretty funny IMO hehe clapclap :
(Credits to Ella Koon's blog):

(the two displayed picture are hosted on LeilaT Connected)

Posted Image

Posted Image

The rest (these are hosted on Ella's blog):
http://f20.yahoofs.c...b_____DyckGoWow
http://f20.yahoofs.c...b_____DqtQ_KDyl
http://f20.yahoofs.c...b_____DKZezLwKu
http://f20.yahoofs.c...b_____DnbrNqmBQ
http://f20.yahoofs.c...b_____Ds4_bO3in
http://f20.yahoofs.c...b_____Dn2k5IJWg

And finally here's a trailer for Leila's play "Popcorn" which they're replaying again later. There will be a press conference on November the 16th (credits to LeLeLaLa for the information):

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: leila tong, leila tong ling

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users