#81 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52415 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:50 PM

cindy XD:
I agree, I want some cute pairings with Leila. Hmmmm.....now's the wonder of who Leila should be paired up with? How do you really want Leila to pair up with? Bosco?

Leila looks so pretty in the pictures above. Haven't seen her in quite some time and Leila looks nice.

#82 LivingSoul

LivingSoul

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:39 PM

Even more news from an sing pao article. The sitcom is scheduled to be 13 episodes long. Also Leila revealed who she's going to having a duet with. May burst some people's bubbles but it's with Bonald Leung and not Raymond or Bosco. Article also mentions that Leila would like to collaborate with Jacky Cheung and Eason Chan in the future. Would be awesome if it happens IMO (especially if it's with Jacky, I consider him to be one of the best Chines singers of all time :tricky: ) !!

Anyways here's the article, thanks and credits to LeilaTConnected for the translation and news posting:

----------------------------------------------------
Bonnie Ngai, Mok Chun Yin, Leila Tong, Carisa Yan, Wu Wai Hong and Lam Siu Cham etc attended the press conference for「和谐星光善同行暨国庆六十周年演唱会」yesterday. The artistes from different generations come together and planned to help the less priviledged in the society to raise funds in the form of a concert.

Leila Tong and Bonald Leung are better off being siblings than couple
Leila Tong, who has pretty good results in the music industry in the recent years, will be singing a duet with newbie Bonald Leung. Both of them expressed that they are pretty similar in terms of character, thus there is chemistry when they work together. They also played games together outside of work. Bonald Leung revealed that he was very nervous when they worked together , “I have seen her shows and listened to her songs. I feel that she's pretty and sounds sweet, and it gives me alot of pressure.” (Reporter: Will rumours between the two of you spread?) Leila says, “I don't think so. He is already younger than me. (Reporter: You mind dating younger guys?) No, but I feel that it feels great to work with him and I hope he is my younger brother my than my boyfriend.”

Leila revealed that she will film a 13-episode sitcom series for RTHK and the stageplay that she participated in two years ago will have a replay again. Being the first time to sing for a duet, Leila expressed that she hopes to have a chance to work with Jacky Cheung and Eason Chan.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#83 *TVB*

*TVB*

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:35 PM

cindy XD...you're welcome about d pics & news..& i agree w/ you..Leila looks wonderful in dat dress :)

LivingSoul..Thanks 4 the news n vid :) Too bad Leila will not sing a duet with Ray or Bosco...Btw do u happen to know who Bonald Leung is?

mars123cc...welcome back! & thanks 4 the info ^__^

ameii...Like u, I want Leila to film a TVB series as well.. esp. with those hot guys :D

#84 LivingSoul

LivingSoul

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:35 AM

*TVB*
I'm not sure but I think it's the guy standing beside Leila in your post from earlier. I'll just use the same image url you used before :P. If someone can give confirmation, that'd be cool.

Posted Image

#85 LeilaTongDevotee

LeilaTongDevotee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:35 AM

thanks for more news!! lol that bonald guy sounds adorable. :P i can't wait to hear the duet!!

aww it sucks that APCOM2 is not airing..yet. i really was excited for a leila series this yr! I haven't seen a TVB series for such a long time!! I hope she collabs with Ray, Ron, Sammul, or whoever next yr. I miss all the cuteness between them! lol

#86 mars123cc

mars123cc

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2340 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:32 PM

Wow! A future collaboration with Eason? That'd be awesome!

And I took a look at the voting thing for the new series. You have to be a member of something to participate, Leila's currently number 3 right now. So that's pretty good.

When does the sitcom start filming?

#87 cindy XD

cindy XD

❤guiwang❤

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1353 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:53 PM

mars123cc
welcome back (: ohhh , really ? i hope that Leila wins XD it'd be awesome if Leila would get more
leads [: so i hope that she gets this one ^-^ ohhh , she's number 3 ? that's still good , i wish her
all the luck in winnning XD

Susan

LOOOL . same here . out of a whole bunch of cute guys that would loook amazing when paired up
with Leila , who's going to be the one who's going to end up with her ? HEHE . yeahh , i want
Leila to be paired up with Bosco , but it would be funn and pressuring to watch if all the guys
were all fighting for Leila's heart and they do all these amusing and stressful things (:

yeahhh , Leila's so prettty prettty in that picture [: now that i've seen the pictures i hope that i'll
see her in some series sooon XD

LivingSoul
thanks for the news ! (: LOOOL . Bonald Leung ? i actually have no idea who that is xP but what
he said about Leila was adorable XD " she's sounds sweeet and she's prettty " XD
OMGee , it
would be incredibly awesome if Leila got a gig with Eason or Jackie ^-^ anyways thanks again
for the news and the pictures (: i can't wait to see this sitcom XD

*TVB*
HEHE . yeahhhh (: Leila's so pretty XD but i hope that she grows her hair out [: i like her hair
longer than short x]

#88 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52415 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:29 PM

cindy XD:
I agree, I really look forward to seeing who Leila will get paired up with. I agree, I know what you mean. But if it's a sitcom it means the filming will take quite long, so I would which actor will have the time to fit into his schedule.

I haven't see Leila in such a long time and seeing her in those pictures smiling sweetly is so great.

#89 cindy XD

cindy XD

❤guiwang❤

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1353 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:52 PM

Susan
umhmmm , it'd be a great affect to the fans for which ever guy that Leila would chooose and didn't
choooose (: yeahh , that's sounds right . i guess it can't be any guy with some projects on hand to
be in the same sitcom as Leila but heyyy Kenneth doesn't have a series on hand right ? he could
probably be in that movie XD

yeahhh , i haven't seen Leila that much either , so it's a really fortunate to seee Leila again looking
as awesome as ever ^______________^

#90 Uh_Oh

Uh_Oh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1389 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:03 PM

LivingSoul, that guy is Bonald Leung. I googled him. Haha.

cindy XD, I really prefer Leila with long hair too. I was hoping she would grow it out but then she cut it again. :(

#91 *TVB*

*TVB*

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:00 AM

LivingSoul...I was thinking the same thing too..that maybe it's him but I wasn't so sure..hehe

Uh_Oh, Thanks for the confirmation :)

Cindy XD & Uh_Oh..I prefer Leila with long hair as well..But she still looks good w/ short hair ^__^

Btw I just made some new banners..Just wanna share it w/ u guys :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by *TVB*, 25 August 2009 - 12:06 AM.

#92 cindy XD

cindy XD

❤guiwang❤

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1353 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:10 AM

Uh_Oh
umhmmm , i LOVVVE Leila with long hair (: and how she would put her hair up for events and everything XD

*TVB*

yeahhh , Leila does look good with short hair , but i prefer her with long hair more ^-^ OMGoshhh !
your Leila bannners are so pretttty XD i love your first and second Leila bannner (:

#93 LivingSoul

LivingSoul

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 05:45 AM

Leila's schedule been packed recently (that's a good thing for us though? :P). More updates:
Leila did an interview with 都市閒情, here are the photos (credits to LeLeLaLa).

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The rest of the photos:
http://www.leilatong...0090825/02a.jpg
http://www.leilatong...0090825/04a.jpg

There will probably be a video later on too after it airs in HK. In the last photo displayed, the person next to Leila must be Bonald then (person Leila is doing the duet with) since they've been together for a lot of functions and promos. Getting excited with all these news recently!!

#94 mars123cc

mars123cc

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2340 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:00 PM

thanks for the pics! I was just about to post them up!

Leila looks very tomboyish with this new haircut. Kind of reminds me of when she was in The Last Breakthrough, though it was a little longer. Still deciding whether I like it or not though. It is pretty cute!

#95 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52415 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:46 PM

cindy XD:
I really agree. Yeah, I don't think so it will be a guy with projects on hand, I don't think Kenneth has any projects on here as of right now. So maybe he can be in the sitcom. Let's just cross out fingers for someone good.

I agree, Leila always looks as good as well and always looking her best young look.

Living Soul:
Thanks for sharing the pictures of Leila. She looks so nice and stunning pretty. Looks like Leila got a new haircut.

#96 Uh_Oh

Uh_Oh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1389 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:52 PM

cindy XD and foreverleila, Kenneth is currently busy filming the series with Raymond, Tavia, and Bernice. Is Bosco currently filming anything?

Living Soul, thanks so much for the pictures! Wow, Leila looks really tomboyish this time. If it wasn't for her cute face, she could pass as a guy with that outfit. Haha.

#97 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52415 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:47 PM

Uh_Oh:
Oh yeah, Kenneth is filming right now. But I heard that "Shall We State the Case" (the series with Tavia, Bernice, and Raymond) will be finished filming soon. I don't think Bosco has any series on hand right now....

#98 LeilaTongDevotee

LeilaTongDevotee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 05:00 AM

woah! leila cut her hair even shorter!! aww i kinda like it better when its longer, but she still looks cute. :]

#99 Phixster

Phixster

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 11:00 AM

wow Leila looks so tomboyish in that outfit but somehow retains her cuteness

#100 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52415 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 05:42 PM

Not keen in taking petty advantages, Leila is laughed at for being silly
Thursday August 27, 2009 Hong Kong
Credit Source: MingPao
Credits: LEILA.T CONNECTED

Posted Image

When Leila went for the recording of Kenneth Chan's programme on i-Cable, she expressed that she does not go for petty advantages. However, Kenneth Chan laughed at her for being silly.

Leila attended the show that Kenneth Chan hosted recently. When everyone was discussing the traps about 'signing up for credit cards to take freebies', Leila expressed that she is not interested in the “advantages” that credit cards provide and has never taken the freebies given when using credit cards. Thus Kenneth Chan laughed at her for being silly.

#101 Phixster

Phixster

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:04 AM

^lol that's so cute and innocent - definately not the typical asian stereotype

#102 cindy XD

cindy XD

❤guiwang❤

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1353 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:03 AM

OMGiiLUHleilaTONG
yeahh , i agree with you . why can't Leila keep it longer ? Dx

Susan
umhmmm , that's what i thought too . i thought that Kenneth didn't have any movies on hand so i guess he can be in the sitcom with Leila . but according to you and Uh_Oh , Kenneth apparently has a movie on hand with Raymond , etc . so it's probably one of the supporting guys or some of the guys TVB's trying to promote to be Leila's pairing . it's going to be a surprise to know he the guy is with Leila XD

LivingSoul

thanks for the more of the Leila news and pictures (:

#103 mars123cc

mars123cc

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2340 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:50 PM

thanks for the news foreverleila! I guess the part about Leila not taking the petty advantages reflects her a lot, like with fame and everything. I bet there's a lot of people in the industry who don't understand why Leila doesn't want the fame and publicity that is available to her.

#104 LivingSoul

LivingSoul

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:53 PM

Thanks for the news foreverleila. Hope the video of the show would pop up soon.

Find a promo video of the cooking show Leila was on a while back. Leila appears near the end of video, I love Leila's reaction at the 20 second mark clapclap :

http://www.tudou.com...iew/awtpRHaH4X4

#105 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52415 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 09:27 PM

cindy XD:
Yeah, I totally forgot that Kenneth is filming "Shall We State the Case" with Bernice, Raymond, and Tavia...hehe....Yeah, it's probably going to be one the supporting guys in TVB. I wonder which one it will be then. Yup, it's going to be a surprise of how Leila will work with. Hopefully news of it will come out soon.

mars123cc:
You're welcome for the news. Hopefully more Leila news will be out each other. Well, I mean not all artists like fame. Some just wants to become artists because they love acting.

LivingSoul:
You're welcome for the news.

Thanks for the promo video of the cooking show of Leila.

#106 *TVB*

*TVB*

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:31 PM

Thanks cindy XD :D I'm glad you'd liked my banners ^__^
Thanks LivingSoul for the new pics & vid :)
Thanks foreverleila 4 the news..Leila is so cute ^.^

Btw there is some news about Leila..

Leila charms Fong Chun Fai
Credits to Leila.T Connected & Apple Daily :)

Posted Image

Fong Chun Fai said laughingly that he have liked her ever since Leila was a child-star.

Leila Tong, model Carol Yeung and CABLE TV host Fong Chun Fai went for the recording of Kenneth Chan's programme (神探 CSI) as guests. Before the programme started, everyone was chatting happily and Fong Chun Fai pointed out that he has been a fan of Leila ever since he was a kid. He said, “Ever since she was a child star, I have already admired her.”

#107 Rikayla

Rikayla

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 06:01 PM

God, I miss Leila so much. = ="
Sucks that she doesn't have much functions now...
And yes, even though her career in China has been blossoming, I still like her in TVB more because I'm selfish and I want to see her speak in Cantonese instead of Mandarin because I can't understand the latter. Also, if she acted more in TVB, she would be in better dramas, with better casts, and maybe with Raymond again... = ="

Can't wait until that drama with her and Bobby comes out. Hopefully it triggers people's memories of her and HK hasn't forgotten her completely. = ="

#108 *TVB*

*TVB*

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 02:04 AM

Hi everyone..Just wondering if the RTHK sitcom series that Leila is going to film with Ella part of TVB..since some of you hope she would co-star with some TVB actors ^__^

#109 LeilaTongDevotee

LeilaTongDevotee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:57 PM

^ i was wondering the same thing since ppl r pairing her off with kenneth and bosco...
hmm maybe ron could be in it...haven't seen much of him on tvb either..

Rikayla
same here.. i miss leila sooooo much in tvb series..and sadly i don't watch much china or mandarin tv.. =\

#110 LivingSoul

LivingSoul

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:04 AM

Just found some new videos of Leila on ontv . There's 4 new videos of an interview with Leila in total, gotta say, these videos is perfect for this board cause she kind of touches on various topics we've been wondering about (maybe the person conducting the interview is amongst us? :tricky:) . She looks great in the videos, seems like she was doing a photoshoot throughout it :thumbsup (hopefully photos later on) . I'll just quickly summarize the interview and hope I don't spoil too much for people (unless someone wants me to):

-mentions about her views on being sexy
-about past experiences and future in filming for TVB and in Mainland China
-views on marriage plans
-reason for having short hair

Unfortunately the page is not written in html and I have trouble decoding the flash script so I don't know how to post the urls directly. To get to the videos go to http://tv.on.cc/ and in the middle of the page should be a search field, type 唐寧 in there. The 4 videos should be there with August 30th as the posted date. There's also a few other videos there from early this year that I don't think got posted here either.

EDIT (found the direct links, I wasn't paying attention >_> before):
http://tv.on.cc/inde...mp;d=1251608175
http://tv.on.cc/inde...mp;d=1251607999
http://tv.on.cc/inde...mp;d=1251608097
http://tv.on.cc/inde...mp;d=1251607915

If anyone is having trouble getting to it, pretty sure someone has or will be posting them elsewhere, will post those if I spot them.

Edited by LivingSoul, 02 September 2009 - 10:20 AM.

#111 Uh_Oh

Uh_Oh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1389 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:33 PM

LivingSoul, you are so awesome! Thankyou so much for finding this interview!

It looks like this interview is before she cut her hair even shorter. I wonder why they waited until now to release it?

#112 LivingSoul

LivingSoul

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 02:40 AM

Uh-Oh: No problem, I actually stumbled upon them by accident while on youtube and saw that the whole interview was on on.tv

-----------------------
There's an article over at baidu about Leila, I can't find the original source of the article so I'll just put the link of the post:

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=637605336

From my brief read there doesn't seem to be any new stuff except that Leila will sing a new song (duet with Bonald Leung I think, article did mention that Bonald wrote it) on the September 9th concert. In the article, Leila is quoted as saying that the new song is "是一首中快歌,感觉清新,大家应该会喜欢". Looking forward to it!

#113 Phixster

Phixster

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:03 AM

^ thanks for the interview

This is the reason why I love Leila, she doesn't care about the fame or the money, continues to do what she loves, won't stir up rumours to get more chances, she just wants to do what she wants and loves.

The interview is too long to translate at the moment but apart from the new song it also talked about her acting career and how she loves acting and doesn't mind not being popular.

#114 ameii

ameii

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:48 AM

i reli hope leila can realse her cantonese album at hong kong ....she can singing mandrin well..so her cantonese better again than mandrin ..why she not realse cantonese album ..?? linda chung oledi realse her second cantonese album ..why leila still not yet

#115 *TVB*

*TVB*

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:44 PM

OMGiiLUHleilaTONG...maybe the sitcom is part of TVB..& as much as i want Leila to be paired with these actors, i don't think it's possible rite now since almost all of them are currently filming something <_< Hopefully, her nxt series will be with one of them :)

LivingSoul...Thanks 4 the vids, article, & its quick translation..Btw if u don't mind, can u pls translate wat she said in the videos? Thanks in advance :D

#116 LivingSoul

LivingSoul

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:46 AM

Leila is such a down to earth person in that interview :thumbsup . Anyways I took down the main things Leila said during 4 videos below, hope I didn't miss anything important:

Spoiler

#117 Uh_Oh

Uh_Oh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1389 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:24 PM

Thanks for translating, LivingSoul!

Found a video of Leila at the Cooking Mama show. Loved Leila's reaction when Jin asked her if Philip tried to woo her back then. lol

http://www.tudou.com...ew/jJAO2K1SuKg/

More News: Leila is ranked 2nd out of HK's 50 top "goddesses" in 2009. credits to everstar for finding it.

http://tinypic.com/v...?pic=mj1e1t&s=3

Edited by Uh_Oh, 07 September 2009 - 09:23 PM.

#118 *TVB*

*TVB*

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:27 AM

LivingSoul..Thanks 4 the translation..You're great :thumbsup

Uh_Oh..Thanks 4 the video..I'll watch it later ^__^

Btw Leila updated her blog with some pics.
I think she was shopping for some boots. I'm not sure though.
Anyways, here are the pics. Credits to Leila's QQ Blog :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#119 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52415 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:03 PM

Leila is not insistent on getting married
Tuesday September 8, 2009 Hong Kong
Credits: to Leila.T Connected @ http://leilatconnected.wordpress.com/

L= Leila Tong
R= Reporter

L: Actually there's no special reason…Becuase..Actually I have tried cutting this hairstyle before. Previously I had to cut such short hair because of filming. After that when my hair grew longer, I did consider if I should let it grow longer again, but after seeing, I still feel that I like short hair more. And I like to exercise, so it is very difficult for me to exercise when I have long hair. Also I like to swim, and swimming damages the hair very easily . And since swimming will damage the hair, I might as well cut it shorter so that it will be healthier. So I think it's because of my own convenience and comfort. This is more important. It is not a very big…..It's not very sudden and maybe because they have seen me in short hair before and for those friends who really know me well, they like me in short hair as compared to me in long hair. So they will like it after they see me like this.

R: Because they feel that short hair suits you more?

L: Maybe that's why….. Marriage…Eh..It really depends on fate..It's very difficult to.. And I didn't set for myself to get married by a certain age as I feel that this cannot be forced. When it comes, it may be even earlier than what you expected. It's not fixed so I won't set for myself.

R: Have you ever thought of how your future husband will be like:

L: Actually no. I really never thought of it. Because what you think of may not be what you will find, so why do we have to think? Of course you will definitely find someone who has same interests, or can talk to, or have similar views about certain issues…I think it's like that..Even when you find a friend, you will find someone like that.. At least everyone will be like “You like to watch movie? Let's go watch movie. You like to go diving? Me too.” So there must be some common interests.

Leila likes the filming process in mainland China

R: So why did you fly to China recently for?

L: There is a television drama there and i was a guest star in the show for a few episodes. In between I flew back and then went there again to film.

R: Do you feel any difference when filming a drama in China as compared to filming in Hong Kong?

L: Difference?

R: Is there a big difference?

L: Maybe it's because I have already filmed a couple of dramas there, I am already used to the situation. So when I go there i will get into situation immediately. As for big diference… of course one thing is that people speak in mandarin over there..There are also some differences in the production because in Hong Kong we will have sets but in China usually… at least for me, the scenes that I film are usually outdoor. So everyone stayed at the same place, everyday go to work together, go home, have meals together. Actually I kinda like this method as i can really focus to do something. Everyone is very focused as they all come to this place to live and get things done together. I feel that I quite like this way of doing things. Even after work they will be like “Hey do you have to film at night? If not let's go for dinner together.”, I feel that this is a pretty good way to communicate and will also help in the filming process. And I can get to know more people from different places.

R: Alot of people feel that going to film in China is for some benefits, what about you?

L: This is just a common perception. It is not the main reason for me. Of course it is not the case if you ask me money doesn't matter to me as I still have a family. But this is not the most important reason for consideration.

Leila left TVB for a new stage in life

R: Do you feel that the prospects in TVB is not that good and it will be much better if you go out? What do you think about it? And why did you leave TVB?

L: I didn't see how it will be like after I leave and stuff like that. I feel that everyone will have different stages. And I feel that I can learn alot of things in the station. It's only going to another stage, I feel that I can get in touch in more different stuff. So I thought I should try to come out to try. As for being in a struggle, I won't. Of course there will be feelings for the company, after all I have been there for quite a while and also that was the time when I mature, in terms of acting as well as personally. So I really learnt alot. It's just like you will think about the times when you were studying and there are things that are very memorable. However if you said about struggling, I think I didn't. On the other hand, I spoke to my manager and we analysed and felt that we would like to try something like this. So why not? As for me, I won't think too much or look back.

R: So will you consider if TVB invites you to go back to guest star and stuff like that?

L: Of course! If there is this working opportunity, I would really like to go for it. After all I have been there for so many years and there are lots of things that I am familiar with. So if I can go back to do something, I will feel very happy too.

R: So why did you fly to China recently for?

L: There is a television drama there and i was a guest star in the show for a few episodes. In between I flew back and then went there again to film.

Leila's thoughts on being sexy

L: Actually it's not. There are really lots of approaches and ways to create the sexy image. So it's not necessary to wear very little or expose yourself when you walk out to make you look sexy. I don't think that's sexy. So if you ask me if that show will create a new image for me, I feel that it probably would. At least after the audience watched it, they would not think that Tong Ling is always portraying the good and sweet girl in shows. So I feel that it will make my acting profile wider. But if you mention sexy, i don't think so and I won't purposely think about it as I feel that if you do it on purpose, it would not be sexy anymore. I feel that sexy is very natural.

R: So if someone asked you to portray a very sexy role, what's your limit?

L: Actually I didn't set for myself a limit . I feel that it has to be… For example that time during the interviews for ‘A Very Short Life', I have said before it has to be very reasonable and I have to be comfortable to accept and only then I will do it. And also, it will have to depend on my thinking during that period for time. Maybe if you ask me now, I think I will say no. Even if you ask me to bare my back or ask me to do something suddenly, I don't think I can. But maybe I see a script and even I personally feel that will have to go to that extent, then maybe I will accept, it's hard to say. Usually it will depend on the feeling that acting gives me, like Zhou Xun and Maggie Cheung, this feeling comes from within. It will makes me feel, like even a girl will also wants to see them act or see them in person.

Leila Focus, Doesn't Matter
Tuesday September 8, 2009 Hong Kong
Credits: to Leila.T Connected @ http://leilatconnected.wordpress.com/

Posted Image Posted Image

Some snippets of the interview:

The release of the album made Leila's popularity increase in mainland China and there were times when fans spent a few days to travel from other provinces just to see her, making her very touched.

The mandarin album was only released in mainland China and it was very difficult to find in Hong Kong's cd shops.

The very young Leila was a well known child star who acted for many famous directors and TVB.

Leila was very cute when she was young, making her very lovable.

The audience in Hong Kong watched Leila grow up but her looks doesn't seem to have changed in these twenty years.

When being asked which was her favourite between movies, dramas and stageplays, she said without thinking much “I like it as long as it's acting. “

Leila's fans are looking forward to hearing her new cantonese duet with newbie Bonald Leung.

She said that singing is only her interest and her real passion is still acting.

Facing the setting sun, she followed the photographer's instructions, putting on a relaxed and immersed experession. “Snap”, the photo is taken and she continued to sit in the position for the interview “The sunlight is scorching?” The reporter suggested to change another location. “Doesn't matter, I like the feeling of being under the sunlight.”

“Doesn't matter,” this is the phrase that Leila used the most during the interview. No sunblock or whitening used, allowing the sun to shine directly on her – doesn't matter. No rumors resulting in no exposure for her – doesn't matter. Scenes in dramas are not as heavy as other characters – doesn't matter. Album sales -doesn't matter.

“It's good enough as long as I can continue to act,” This is the sentence which shows that something mattered.

Starting out as a child star at the age of eight and participating in more than 60 movies and series, Leila, who is about to turn 28, has been in the industry for almost 20 years. “Oh ya, if you didn't mention it I wouldn't have felt that it has actually been so long!” The speed at which time passes, made the protagonist feel unbelievable as well.

Others said that the path of a child star is difficult. However, the path that Leila took is unexpectedly smooth. Because of her cute looks and big eyes, she was chosen by John Woo to act as Cherie Chung's character (when the character was a kid) once she entered the industry. After that, she was doing quite well in the film and television industry and has worked with mega stars such as Chow Yun Fat, Leslie Cheung, Joey Wong, Stephen Chow etc. Even till the so-called awkward period at age twelve or thirteen, offers for movies and dramas continued to come her way.
No hardships and not being forced, she reminisced about the past when she had to stay at the filming site most of the time, it was because she felt that this extracurricular activity is quite interesting. It was until she finished filming ‘Those Were The Days' when she was sixteen years old, she started facing the choices that she had to make for her future. Between filming and studies, she chose the latter. As she can only got for one out of two, she decided to fade out from the scene.

That year, she enrolled in a fashion designing course, determined to find an interest apart from filming. However, she did not expect to get to know her current manager before she finished her studies. “She convinced me to stay in the entertainment circle. Actually I was really interested in filming. Thus after meeting her a few times, I signed on with her.”

Saying Goodbye to the child star era

To embrace a new beginning, the first thing she had to do was to get rid of the child star feel. After signing on, her manager brought her to see a feng shui master who gave her a couple of names, explaining that some of the names can help her to gain popularity. As for ‘Tong Ling' this name, it will only help her to gain popularity slower, but things will become better and better. “I'm not a person who will go for quick success, and being progressive is my character. I rather have a good foundation and go step by step. ‘Tong Ling' this name, suits me best!”

Her orginigal name ‘Kong Lai Na' was given to her by her parents, and it means that hoping the daughter will be come a beautiful girl. On the other hand, she became quite boyish and even have quite boyish hobbies like playing video games, piecing model frames and play with cameras etc. The new name was in fact more suitable for her character after she grew up. However, wouldn't her parents mind even she changed the surname? “I explained to them that ‘Tong Ling' was jsut a name. It's just like Jackie Chan whose surname isn't actually Chan. However, my english name remains as Leila Kong”.

Staring out as a calefare

Getting rid of the burdens, everything started from the beginning. After filming 2-3 years of movies, Leila signed on to the television station in 2001. Even her roles also had to start from the bottom. The director arranged for the to act as a sales girl without a name and had only 1-2 sentences. She did not grumble and even when she met her old working partners, she did not feel embarrased for being demoted to a calefare. “I did not receive formal acting classes, so it was very normal for me to start from the bottom. I was in fact happy as the number of scenes do not determine the importance of the role!”

Although she was only a contracted artiste, she took very short time to gain the favour of the big producers with her girl-next-door image and obedience. However, depsite the increase in opportunites to act, the characters were mostly second or third lead, giving people the feeling that she was nowhere here or there.

There were also times when people advised her to fight for more chances to make the papers. However she rather watch movies or play with her dogs when she's free and insisted on not creating news. “Instead of doing so much stuff, I might as well just put my effort in doing my own job” At work, she sees Teresa Mo as her goal and only hopes that there's one day when people mention ‘Tong Ling', they will know that she's a good actress and not link her to all kinds of rumours and negative news.

It is a fact that this girl's acting has matured in the recent years. Due to her passion for acting, she tried out all kinds of stuff these few years, and this includes going into the stageplay industry. “I enjoy the process of putting up a stageplay and during rehearsals, I will find lots of new approaches to acting and also reacting to sudden difficult situations with the cast. These are stuff which give me a kind of satisfaction which cannot be described.”

Releasing album to fulfil her wish

Apart from participating in stage plays, Leila who is also a good singer, released a mandarin album two years ago. “It was really by chance that I get to release the album. I was in mainland China performing that year and it so happened that the boss of a new record company was there. He heard me singing and offered to help me release an album.”

It was said that the album was very popular in mainland China, however she has only released one album till now. It was because this girl had a very clear target. Singing was an interest to her, acting was her ultimate love. No wonder when being asked about her album sales, she only had the ‘doesn't matter' attitude and replied, “I'm very happy to have an album of my own. The album sales isn't important to me and I wouldn't care.”

New cantonese song to hear

Although Leila has no plans to release a cantonese album yet, her fans will still have a chance to listen to her sing cantonese songs. Leila revealed that she will be singing a new cantonese song with newbie Bonald Leung at the ‘和谐星光善同行暨国庆六十周年' concert on 9 September. “This song is composed by Bonald and is a medium tempo song. The feel is refreshing and I think everyone will like it."

Bonald Leung said that he heard Leila's voice on the internet last year and felt that her voice was very sweet. Thus he invited Leila to sing the new song with him. As for his partner's performance, Bonald had nothing but praises and said that she was pretty clever and managed to reach the producer's standards very quickly.

Even though she had lots of experience singing onstage, Leila expressed that she was rather anxious for the concert this time as other performers include more seasoned singers like Joe Junior, Woo Wai Hong and she's worried that she will end up performing badly.

#120 LivingSoul

LivingSoul

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:16 AM

foreverleila thanks for the article!! Hopefully there will be pics of the concert soon!

There's a brief article about Leila's RTHK series. The series is call "有房出租". From the title, I'm guessing Leila and Ella are going to be roomates in the series?

Although it doesn't really talk about Leila at all, here's the link of the article anyways:
http://ent.tom.com/2...F/10681824.html

and the photos from the article (credits to tom.com):

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: leila tong, leila tong ling

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users