AF needs funding again

Photo

Lost among Fahrenheit, Danson Tang wants to terminate contract

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

#1 doraemon♡JAY

doraemon♡JAY

无与伦比 <33

• Forum Crew
  • 4993 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:07 AM

[b]Lost among Fahrenheit, Danson Tang wants to terminate contract[/b]

[url="http://gallery.asianfanatics.net/index.php?act=image&pid=727694"][img]http://images.asianfanatics.net/gallery/albums/Taiwanese-Male/Danson-Tang-Yu-Zhe/thumb_2.jpg[/img][/url]

Source: [url="http://www.libertytimes.com/2009/new/jul/7/today-show12.htm"]Liberty Times[/url]
Translation: [b]Sarah[/b] @ [url="http://asianfanatics.net"]http://asianfanatics.net[/url]

Danson Tang signed under GTV ever since he entered the industry, but he's ever only been able to be Fahrenheit's supporter on the side. Outside rumours suggest that he feels very helpless that the boss doesn't support their own. Plus, earlier he was sent to China to film, and now there are rumours that when he returns to Taiwan, he wants to terminate his contract.

Danson is GTV's signed artist, but in every idol drama, they have supported Fahrenheit members to be the main leads, and Danson has always taken up a supporting role, never being able to be male lead. Lately, GTV has begun filming new dramas 'Momo Love' & 'Love Buffet' but the cast list doesn't even have his name, and they even sent him to China to film ‘Armour Warrior'. Rumors suggest that he is very unhappy, and wants to bring forward his contract termination date. Towards this, Danson's manager denied these rumours, and expressed that Danson and GTV's relationship has not changed.

#2 xxcaro1xx

xxcaro1xx

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1667 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:47 AM

GTV should give more oppurtunities for Danson, I think it's kind of true that he's always the supporting actor and never the main lead. Even though I love to see Fahrenheit as the main lead I would also like to see Danson as the main lead.

#3 BeBu4ever

BeBu4ever

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:48 AM

this made me cry =[
i dont want him to terminate the contract!
Please hope it's not true!
Good thing it said only RUMORS

#4 brightlight

brightlight

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1015 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:52 AM

[quote name='BeBu4ever' post='6191359' date='Jul 6 2009 6 48 PM']this made me cry =[
i dont want him to terminate the contract!
Please hope it's not true!
Good thing it said only RUMORS[/quote]
He can always go somewhere else. There are always ways.

Armour warrior? With Jarvis Wu? Was he suppose to be Fu Xinbo's replacement since Fu Xinbo was too busy to be it?

#5 Choco ~ Latte

Choco ~ Latte

AF Noob Translator

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25783 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:10 AM

well to be fair the lead of they kissed again is Joe Cheng who is not in FRH :whistle
bute yes...
now that he mention it he is always the backup actor in the small roles behimd a FRH member. like Hana Kimi.... Rolling Love... KO One... X Family
actually they all have Jiro Wang in common so does that mean if they dont put him next to Jiro it would help something?

well i like Danson but he is so under rated. he has alot of potential but they wont give him a chance to shine so this contract ending so far sounds like a good idea

#6 oh`retro

oh`retro

aktf for dbsk ♥

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1480 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:24 AM

OMG OMG, I agree.
Danson should terminate his contract like TODAY.
I've always hated how he never got the lead & was always overshadowed by FRH members like Jiro & Wu Zun.
When in fact, Danson can act better than both of them.
I hope he goes to a different company where they'll let him lead.

#7 trueblue12

trueblue12

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:50 AM

I would LOVE to see Danson being the male lead in a drama or anything at LEAST once......=(
Poor him. Its sad....

#8 siewlee_c

siewlee_c

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:52 AM

yes..poor him..besides having to endure being supporting actors to the fahrenheit members, and he is now plagued with such rumours...looks like a bumpy road for him yeh?..no offence but he acts better than wu zun..i dun hate wu zun..but that's the fact..just that wu zun is better-looking..haha..

Edited by siewlee_c, 07 July 2009 - 01:53 AM.

#9 lidool_mon

lidool_mon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:59 AM

awww... they should give him more chances! he should get a chance to be the main too!

#10 prella

prella

do it the ELLA~way.. ♡

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2438 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:04 AM

[color="#A0522D"][font="Georgia"]i've noticed that too!
from KO one, Hana Kimi, X-family and Rolling Love..
he was there only to take supporting roles..

[b]but that's not Fahrenheit's fault though..[/b] :rolleyes:

GTV should just be fair in giving roles to their artists..
each of them have their own potentials and talents, so each of them must be given the opportunity to show it to the world..[/font][/color]

#11 mzkarenn

mzkarenn

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1288 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:12 AM

maybe he was sent ot china to expand his career? there's a brighter way to look at it...

#12 aprilsfool6

aprilsfool6

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:25 AM

Truthfully, if this is true, I wouldn't blame Danson for wanting to end his contract with GTV. Danson's a great actor, but it seems like GTV isn't really giving him lead roles...

I agree with ^^... it's definitely not Fahrenheit's fault...

#13 spoliarium98

spoliarium98

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:44 AM

I believe Danson is one of talented TW artists, especially in idol dramas... I've seen him act in KO One and Hana Kimi, and I think he deserves much better projects in the future... I hope his company should consider it. And agree with others, it's not Fahrenheit's fault, so they should not be dragged in this issue.

#14 W99

W99

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:36 AM

Well yes, now that you've mentioned it. He really does always seem to be playing supporting casts in FRH's movies.

I think it's a pity though. He's a great actor, and imo he acts a damn sight better compared to Wu Chun and Jiro. His performance in KO One totally blew me away.

Well if the rumours are true, I suppose it's good. He should sign with a company who can and will fully develop his potential.

#15 reiyi

reiyi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5508 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 04:57 AM

But, I heard from a fan of Danson that he's supposed to play Arron Yan's character in 'Mysterious Incredible Terminator'. But the producer of 'Rolling Love' wanted him to play Leng Lie. So, they ended up switching roles.

Anyway, what's ‘Armour Warrior'? Is it a mainland series? What kind of series is that?

I head earlier that Danson wants to concentrate of his singing career, thus, the reduct workload in filming.

#16 Jenniferluvdt

Jenniferluvdt

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 05:22 AM

I'll support Danson for any decision he'll make...whether he wants to continue in GTV or not...
If he stays i wish GTV will be fair to Danson and Fahrenheit by letting Danson be the main role too...

If Danson is unhappy bcos of they send him to China to film, I'll also be unhappy too...cos i love to watch Taiwan idol dramas and want to see more of Danson in idol dramas...but i'll also watch the China film "Armour Warrior" just to watch Danson in it.

#17 RichTCovers

RichTCovers

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 06:02 AM

that's true, he never gets the lead roles. He's always overshadowed by Fahrenheit..

#18 maylee

maylee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 06:53 AM

awwwww...... danson should have a lead role, i love his acting and his always has the supporting role. Being unhappy bout this situation is normal although he is taiwanese and should have a lead role in taiwan!!!! :strike

#19 =sx.k=

=sx.k=

下一站, 幸福♡

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3827 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:23 AM

[color="#4169E1"]Hmm...may be his company's intention was to boost Danson's popularity in China and that was why they sent him to China to film dramas.But seriously,GTV should be fair to him and let him be the first male lead in his upcoming TW drama.He definitely has the potential to be the main lead.

Anyway,I will support and respect Danson's decision(whether he wants to stay in GTV or leave).[/color]

#20 roba♥jaejoong

roba♥jaejoong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:24 AM

I kinda agree that he is given less recognition compared to Fahrenheit..

I think he must have a name of his own..

not just being under Fahrenheit's shadows..

with his looks and talent I'm sure that he can make it...

>> but it's not FRH fault though... I mean, FRH and Danson are very close.. GTV, I think is the one to blame..

#21 wendy

wendy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:37 AM

what!!!!! that's true that danson never get to be the male lead before!!!! he always supports fahrenheit!!!!! poor him....he should be the male lead on some of the dramas but then they just changed the plan...how sad...but yeah...i wished he could be the male lead for just at least once!!! well...regardless of rumors or not...he should terminate the contract...xDD he'll be a great male lead!!!! why no one give him a chance?! that's rediculus...besides...his acting's improving too!!!!! how unfair!!!!

#22 LAU2A

LAU2A

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:38 AM

i agree that GTV doesn't really give him any chances to get a main role. the FRH members are always overshining him.
it's not FRH's fault though. GTV should give the other stars chances to get the main role next time.

it's actually quite a good idea for him to end his contract with GTV since they don't give him lead roles anyway.
there are always better chances for him in other companies.

#23 GRACE :D

GRACE :D

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:41 AM

[color="#ff6666"]
Totally agreed.
I would rather he terminate his contract and sign on to another company if that company would give him leading roles in dramas. Right now GTV is obviously favouring Fahrenheit members even though Danson performs waaaay better than them. ):
I hope GTV realises soon what they're missing out on and let him be the main lead. (:
[/color]

#24 Akira_Shinoda

Akira_Shinoda

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:36 AM

The only time Danson's ever male lead is in other people's music videos!!!

He does have potential to be bigger but the question is, is FH outshining him or is he simply not strong enough to shine solo? Would you prefer him to stay as a solo artist or become the fifth member of FH? (he practically is in the band seen as he's always with them!). Or maybe he should form his own group?

Either way, I'd love to see more of him!

:rolleyes:

Edited by Akira_Shinoda, 07 July 2009 - 11:37 AM.

#25 miniv

miniv

Addict

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6870 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:26 PM

Everyone has to start somewhere.
And its not going to be that fortunate for every actor/actress to jump to a leading role that soon.

there are actors/actresses that took years?
Danson has only been acting for 2-3 years I think?

Personal opinion is that he can try to build up his acting skills more first so that when he jumps to the male lead, he'll immediately gain the attention/praise of everyone that views the drama.
And not criticism of not being able to carry the heavier load that comes along with the leading role (not saying that if he's given a leading role now, he'll get criticised for his acting but its a possibility that faces every actor/actress).

Maybe that China drama that he just finished acting could just help him reach another higher point in his acting career too and help him secure better roles :)

Edited by minivicki, 07 July 2009 - 12:53 PM.

#26 siewlee_c

siewlee_c

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:42 PM

no opportunity..how to show?..wuzun and others got leading roles right away w/o having to go through tough times like what danson's going through now.

#27 elanation

elanation

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:43 PM

if this is true then i think it's a good move for Danson. he's a great actor and he should've been given breaks years back. i think he deserves a leading role in dramas and be away from the shadow of FLH members.

i've noticed that GTV has been having troubles over artists recently.. first there was Ariel Lin and now Danson. maybe they should re-think their ways on handling their talents..

#28 celsiusgirls

celsiusgirls

We ♥ Pisang!

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2133 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:56 PM

Well, every decision made from the start has its consequences. Weren't there stories before that he was supposed to be in FRH than WuChun but turned it down? *shrugs* don't know if its true. And GTV is just prioritizing the artist that sells, it doesn't matter who it is. If they are not giving Danson the big roles, they have its reason but i would guess that he's not as bankable as the others. It happens all the time in the entertainment business. No matter how good you are, if you do not draw the crowd or are not sellable, you won't be given the chance. Having said that, he must search for that chance and maybe leaving the company would be a good move for him. Sell himself to other companies who is willing to sign him up and sell him to the audience.

#29 rebecca-tran

rebecca-tran

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:21 PM

This situation reminds me of Bryant Chang in Danson's position. Bryant Chang has been in the industry for 6 years and never had a lead role in dramas only in movies. You could see how incredible his acting is in his movies! It seems that nobody acknowledges him. Just like Danson, never get the girl or the lead role. Their so alike. It sort of sucks. ):

#30 daphne.jiro

daphne.jiro

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:02 PM

Looks like GTV is being so unfair. Even though I'm a fan of Fahrenheit, I would also love to see Danson as the male LEAD of a certain drama. I think he's also a good actor, he can act very well. why don't they give him an opportunity to show his skills in acting. I believe in his abilities. I hope they would give him a big break because He's been so loyal in that station and I don't think He deserve that kind of treatment.

#31 xbunnylicious

xbunnylicious

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3935 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:16 PM

I want to see him with people other than Fahrenheit. It's kind of boring always seeing him with Fahrenheit. I'm tired of seeing a drama with him and a Fahrenheit member or someone in that circle.

#32 Tiffiany_45

Tiffiany_45

Vic + Ariel = FATE

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4057 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:08 PM

Firstly, as soon as I read the first couple of lines of this article it seemed like one of those classic T-Ent news article just trying to rile people up. I didn't think anyone would take it seriously... but many have.

It takes a while for most actors to build themselves up to be lead actors. Unfortunately in Taiwan it has a lot less to do with talent than it does with popularity and sales figures.

I think Danson could handle a lead role and if he actively perused getting a lead role through GTV I think he could get it, or he could change management/production companies... (Where else can he go other than SETTV when you leave GTV?!)

I agree with Vicki, Danson should take on some acting classes in his down time, refine himself a bit, show producers how much he wants a leading role for himself and he could easily get his starring role!

I still think this article is blowing things a little out of proportion and putting words into peoples' mouths...

~Tiffiany~

#33 xiaozhufan92

xiaozhufan92

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:12 PM

aww i guess he does fall in the shadows of fahrenheit. but i think he'll be able to get a lead role one day, given more time. anyways jia you danson!!

#34 Fēi~ling

Fēi~ling

Christ The Lord

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3048 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:40 PM

Being one of Danson's fans.. I've to admit that he's way too underrated. It's so frustrating to see him never get the male lead role.. his acting isn't bad compare to some of the Taiwanese actors who have got male leads roles.

If he can get more opportunity outside GTV.. then, why not try? there's no point of staying there and wait for nothing

#35 uncchristine99

uncchristine99

TEAM JACOB!

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1327 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:49 PM

I first saw Danson in Rolling Love and I thought he was waaaaay better than Jiro. Saw him again in Hana Kimi and again thought he was more intriguing than both Chun and Jiro even though his role was so small. Not to mention, Chun and Jiro have some pretty stiff acting. Danson is so much easier to take.

I think Danson is not as marketable because he's solo but... that doesn't mean I want him to be in FLH either. I think FLH could use Danson's vocal prowess but they are quite branded as a 4-man team--it would be weird to see them as 5.

I think Danson would stand a chance with another company--FLH has no shortage of opportunities and he is indeed in their shadow.

#36 Okami-Chan

Okami-Chan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 06:34 PM

[quote name='reiyi' post='6191769' date='Jul 6 2009 11 57 PM']But, I heard from a fan of Danson that he's supposed to play Arron Yan's character in 'Mysterious Incredible Terminator'. But the producer of 'Rolling Love' wanted him to play Leng Lie. So, they ended up switching roles.[/quote]

[color="#2E8B57"][font="Calibri"]Yeahh, but it was because of Arron's leg injury. Arron was originally supposed to play Leng Lie. He ended up being the lead in MIT because while preparing for Rolling Love, he hurt his leg again, so they had to wait to cast him into something else. So, Danson WOULD'VE gotten to be the male lead of MIT, but due to some bad luck on both Arron's and Danson's side, he wasn't.

I really like Danson, and I hope he gets a lead role. I agree - his acting is waaay better than the FRH members. I loved him in Hana Kimi, and even though I hated him in KO One, that was only because of his character, who was a downright evil person. xD Though he portrayed the character well.

As other people have said, it's [i]not[/i] FRH's fault, either. They're offered lead roles, which I'd assume their company would accept, so they have to take it. Though Danson only gets supporting roles... :( He should be casted as a lead, really, I like Danson's acting. If he wants to terminate his contract, go ahead, it might land him some better spots. Though, if he quits GTV, well... there aren't many other companies he can go to. :blink: I'm glad that he really isn't terminating it. Hopefully GTV will just take some notice of this news and put him as the lead somewhere.[/font][/color]

Edited by Okami-Chan, 07 July 2009 - 06:39 PM.

#37 AznGurl716

AznGurl716

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:20 PM

i agree, GTV doesn't give Danson enough attention. he's a great actor and he should be given a lead role. GTV should definitely give more opportunity to him. i hope he doesn't leave.

#38 kimcrack

kimcrack

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:43 PM

Though Danson's singing isn't superior, but he can sing live WAY better than Fahrenheit.
As for acting, he isn't bad either!

#39 moonprincess98

moonprincess98

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:56 PM

I think that Danson stands out in whatever he does. I'm glad that he got paired with FLH members or I'd never even know who he was (since I'm such a big FLH fan). But for me, even in his supporting roles, he commands attention from the minute he shows up. I usually end up watching him and forget to pay attention to what's going on (except for with Chun :wub: because then I get a headache trying to watch them both at the same time)!! :lmao: I really have no idea how long Danson has been in the business, but maybe he's just paying his dues right now and the right opportunity will come along soon. Either way, I look forward to seeing more of him on screen because he's quite captivating! :blush

#40 Taiwangirl23

Taiwangirl23

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:35 AM

I think he should terminate his contract with GTV like today! Seriously, he should go join SETTV -.-

Lately GTV has dissappointed me with most of there dramas. I think Danson's an awesome actor, he shouldn't always have to be a supporting role O.O