AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Adam Cheng Siu Chow (鄭少秋)

adam cheng cheng siu chow

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
190 replies to this topic

#161 valerian

valerian

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 12:02 PM

Watched the play "Only You" on DVD. They did a pretty good job and Connie Chan cried in the ending, left Adam doing a solo.He was pretty cool. I liked the Emperor, he was funny with his "Woo" thing.

#162 swe3tdreamz

swe3tdreamz

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1548 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 05:27 AM

Hehe although ive only seen adam's more recent works and not the classics that set him to rise to fame. I'd admire his comical acting ability and his serious character /acting persona. He must keep fit alot because the photos of him 10 years ago is the same as now. Also he doesnt seem to age unlike many other actor/ress.

#163 Disturbed_munky

Disturbed_munky

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 12:34 PM

hong kong's stock market always crash whenever his darma is aired. he must have some kind of super power, salute!

but he is a good and versatile actor.

#164 tvbfan24

tvbfan24

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:22 PM

Adam is one of my favorite actors. His acting is great and I think it's a shame that he has never won TVB's Best Leading Actor.

#165 lkwan

lkwan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 07:58 PM

I been a long time since Adam was last seen. He did not appear after Lydia pass away.

#166 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 14682 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 11:23 PM

Posted Image

Credit: Serena @ http://asian-gossip.blogspot.com
Source: Mingpao, Takungpao

Adam Cheng: Need to Wait Before Taking Leave; Unknown About Attending Lydia Shum’s Funeral

Lydia Shum passed away and ex-husband Adam Cheng has been filming a TV series. He appeared extremely low-profiled since Lydia’s death. He would avoid questions by reporters. Even though Joyce Cheng has been surrounded by caring people, they are unsatisfied with the thought that a young teenage girl needs to bear the lost of her mother without her father. The support of a father is very important. Yesterday, Florence Su-Fen Chan publicly expressed that she hopes Adam would at least call Joyce and comfort her. Adam has been criticized for not accompanying his daughter’s side. People could not understand why he is caring about Lydia’s death and Joyce. Many netizens are asking: “Adam Cheng, where are you?”

Adam finally appeared at a hotel. Yesterday, “Scoop” broadcasted their hosts chasing Adam for an interview. Adam changed his attitude and somewhat slowed down to accept the interview. Did you call Joyce? Adam expressed that he called his daughter to console her. The reporter mentioned that Joyce would be returning to Canada for Lydia’s funeral and asked if he would be going to Canada to see Lydia for the last time. He said that he needed to see if he could take those days off. He needs to wait for Joyce’s notice about it but he hasn’t heard back yet. Would you be returning to Hong Kong? He said he needed to wait for Joyce’s response. Were you mentioned in Lydia’s obituary? Adam only said: “Oh.” But he didn’t respond to the question.

Adam’s assistant told the reporters that Adam called Joyce immediately when he found out. He needed Joyce to give him a notice about the funeral before he can take asks for those days off.

Yesterday, there were debates about Adam on different forums. Some people believed that Adam was afraid of his current wife (官晶華) so he didn’t appear supportive or care for Joyce. Some people dug into the past and mentioned that he left Lydia and their infant daughter for another woman. But Adam has supporters who understand his situation. They feel that if he returned to Hong Kong, he would be the target of Lydia’s friends. Netizens follow closely of any information about Lydia. Yesterday, the two hosts of “Scoop”, Zac Kao and Derek Lee, made mistakes which was caught and scolded by netizens. Zac accidentally said “Dead Jie” instead of “Fei Jie”. Derek mistakenly said Lydia’s mother name instead when he was talking about Lydia’s funeral arrangement. Netizens went to online to talk about it on forums.

Lydia’s body would return to Vancouver and be buried at Forest Lawn Memorial Park. Hong Kong audience would be able to see Lydia’s funeral and burial. According to sources, TVB’s executive 何麗全 have arrived in Vancouver. He would lead the team to videotape the funeral and burial in Vancouver. The local memorial functions would be taped as well. After editing, it would be broadcasted on March 2, at the Hong Kong Coliseum which would host the memorial services. Lydia’s funeral arrangement and date were not publicly announced. There are rumors that her body would arrive on February 24. But it is unknown if Adam would be there.

#167 clooney_girl06

clooney_girl06

R.I.P Michael Jackson

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1558 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:01 AM

tobad i can't watch the burial on tv here in australia... but i wish adam would be in Canada to surport his daughter!

#168 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 14682 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 06:50 AM

Adam Cheng Absent from Lydia Shum's Funeral

Posted Image

Since the death of Lydia Shum Din Ha earlier this week, ex-husband, Adam Cheng Siu Chau's reaction has been publicly scrutinized. Through Adam's assistant, it was revealed that he intended to attend Lydia's funeral in Vancouver, Canada. However, due to daughter, Joyce Cheng Yan Yee's wishes, Adam will not appear at Lydia's funeral after all.

Currently filming 《書劍恩仇錄》in Hengdian, China, Adam will instead attend Lydia's memorial service in Hong Kong at a later date.

While married to Lydia, Adam had an affair, Koon Ching Wah, who is his current wife. Adam and Lydia divorced on bad terms in 1987. Realizing that Adam may be criticized by Lydia's family and relatives at the funeral in Canada, Joyce advised him not to attend the service. Joyce knew that Adam will likely face an emotionally awkward situation if he attended.

Allegedly, Joyce told Adam that too many people wanted to attend Lydia's funeral in Vancouver. The attendee list was already full and the security guards will not allow anyone who was not on the list to enter the ceremony. As Lydia's ex-husband, Adam should have been placed on the attendee list. However, it was Joyce's ploy to prevent potential awkwardness for her father.

Between the time that Lydia's illness took a sharp nose-dive and her death, Adam did not express [any concern]. This angered Lydia's relatives. Chan Suk Fan also indicated that Joyce did not receive any calls from Adam during Lydia's last days. Thus, Lydia's relatives decided to exclude Adam from the funeral attendee list.

Since Lydia's death on February 19th, Adam avidly avoided the press. Adam's assistant explained that he was truly busy filming in China. He had a long filming schedule as each scene required his presence and the dialogue was long. Thus he did not have any time to return press calls. Adam's assistant asked for forgiveness.

The production crew of 《書劍恩仇錄》indicated that Adam requested vacation time during two periods. He requested 4 days off this week and another 4 days in early March. Apparently, Adam intends to appear at Lydia's memorial service in Hong Kong, which will be held in March.

The funeral site for Lydia was changed last minute to accommodate the attendance of over 400 guests. In attendance will be the 30 people that worked with Lydia while she filmed in Singapore, as well as her friends from Taiwan and Canada.

Since Lydia immigrated to Vancouver for several years, she established good connections with government officials, who praised Lydia for her contribution. The Mayor of Vancouver, Sam Sullivan, indicated that he was very good friends with Lydia and admired her performance talents. Thus he will issue a public statement on Tuesday as a tribute to Lydia.

According to a reliable source, Lydia's funeral will be held on Wednesday, February 27th at 10 AM. On Friday, February 29th a Chinese community association will hold a memorial service for her in Vancouver as well.

Source: Orientaldaily
Credits: Jayne

#169 lkwan

lkwan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:27 PM

Saw Adam in the "chui si dai wui" for Lydia Shum. I think he was really over critised by others.

#170 annie083

annie083

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4662 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 05:12 PM

Really feel sorry for him being accused by Tang Kong Wing in public for not taking care of Joyce all these years!
He had to go on stage to say sth........poor Adam!

#171 BNG2000

BNG2000

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 09:28 PM

Adam Cheng still looks pretty young even though in realily he's pretty old. He has always been a pretty good actor and most of his TVB series are well liked.

#172 clefairy

clefairy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 02:48 AM

how old are his daughters?

#173 ILoveChowGoon

ILoveChowGoon

Adam's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 07:51 AM

how old are his daughters?

You mean the ones with his current wife? The eldest is turning 19 and youngest is 15.

#174 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 14682 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:06 AM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianeu.net/forums/
Source: Oriental Daily

TVB and its Artistes Stops all Filming & Programs for a Silent Tribute

Yesterday TVB held "TVB's All Star Silent Tribute" event (「TVB全體職員自發性默哀活動」) in Tseung Kwan O's TV City. TVB's executive Mr. Leung and General Manager Steven Chan lead the event, over a hundred artistes were present including: Adam Cheng, Eric Tsang and the group of Ms. Hong Kong along with 500 artistes. All artistes who are currently filming and working on a series stop their work to attend this event, including the cast from "Cordial Heroes", "Heart of Greed II", "Best Selling Secrets", etc. Adam Cheng showed his respect by taking off his cap and revealing his true hair. Also, TVB will be holding all its entertainment programs on Wednesday. Wednesday night's "Jade Gold Soild" will include singers to perform inspirational songs.

In addition to TVB and ATV, yesterday i-Cable stop broadcasting their programs at 2:38pm for 3 minutes. During these 3 minutes, the channel was in silence and the screen was filled with Black and White colors to respect the mourning.

#175 anindeeta

anindeeta

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 07:15 PM

Truthfully I never watched any of Adam Cheng's movies or dramas, save for Chor Lau Heung. It was shown in my country sometime in the 90s when I was still in elementary. I remember coming home from school, had my compulsory nap, and tuned in front of TV at exactly 5pm, lol. This was a long time ago, but until now, I would still remember that drama. Granted, I can't remember the storyline anymore, but I still remember Adam Cheng's smooth and charismatic character. The way he smiles is not easily forgotten. God, I need to find a copy of that drama!

#176 ILoveChowGoon

ILoveChowGoon

Adam's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 06:55 AM

Truthfully I never watched any of Adam Cheng's movies or dramas, save for Chor Lau Heung. It was shown in my country sometime in the 90s when I was still in elementary. I remember coming home from school, had my compulsory nap, and tuned in front of TV at exactly 5pm, lol. This was a long time ago, but until now, I would still remember that drama. Granted, I can't remember the storyline anymore, but I still remember Adam Cheng's smooth and charismatic character. The way he smiles is not easily forgotten. God, I need to find a copy of that drama!

You can purchase this series from yesasia!

http://global.yesasi...pid-1002977788/

#177 salvatoreferragamo

salvatoreferragamo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 12:01 PM

superb veteran entertainer and actor,and daughter like joyce cheng sure will have his acting genes..

#178 dino168

dino168

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:57 AM

i used to listen to him a lot because my parents loves him. Although now he barely has new Cds and concerts, i still think he is a pretty good singer!

#179 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 14682 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 11:23 PM

Posted Image

Translated by: kingkongit27 & aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

Yesterday Niki Chow, Adam Cheng, Patrick Tang were practicing playing pool for the new series "King of Billiards" 《桌球天王》. Of the cast members, Niki Chow exposed that her sacrum (a bone in the back) on her back was disjointed. She went to a therapist (Teet Da) to get it treated with some medication, so she can practice playing for this series. She said: "actually its an old injury, I had it since filming 'The Gentle Crackdown'. The doctor said that it will take 10 days for it to get better, right now I'm a bit hunchbacked. After it is treated my chest will straighten up. (So that means your breast be bigger?) Not will be bigger, it means I can straighten up my chest for life." As for when she was practicing, although Niki's skills are only average, but she ends up taking the lead in shooting balls in. It was a really funny scene.

As for Adam Cheng he claimed that he had been practicing everyday at the snooker club for filming the series. Asked whether he would need to inform his wife when he goes to the snooker club? He replies "Now I have to ask for permission wherever I go, that will be prove I'm a good. " (Aren't you good?) "I have always been good. (Did you meet girls while you were at the snooker club?) "No, I won't dare to." (Do you have to ask for permission this from your wife to play snooker with Niki Chow?) "No I don't need to, Niki Chow is my good girl." ( Referring to the series character).

In addition, at another event, Niki Chow admitted that she could only drink a low unit of alcohol, therefore she will only attempt to try when she is with close friends. When mentioned whether drinking alcohol with rumored boyfriend Kevin Cheng would be the most safest time to drink? She shakes her head and says she doesn't know.

#180 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 14682 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:59 PM

Source: Mingpao
Translated by: kingkongit27 @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

Joyce Cheng resists in acting as lovers with her father Adam Cheng

Joyce Cheng attended Sui Jian Guo (one of the leading contemporay Chinese artists) Event opening in Times Square yesterday. Joyce expressed that she likes watching the track and field event in the Olympics. She smiled and said when she was in the 6th grade she joined the track and field team for 1 year. “I played shot put, but because I was nervous I was eliminated. My sport career therefore ended there, “

We mentioned that her father Adam Cheng is filming new series “Pool King” and the producer had thought about asking her to play his daughter in the series. Joyce stated she felt very awkward about it. The reporter also suggested they could play lovers, Joyce immediately responded by laughing “I think it is very strange, I would resist, very disgusting. Are you crazy? “ She says she doesn’t especially want to work with her father.

As for the new TVB sitcom series that she has accepted filming, she says she is not afraid of it being hard work. “As I have been given an chance, I hope the seniors can teach me more things.” Asked whether she would have time dating when she is filming the series? She says that she is still young and wants to concentrate on working. When mentioned that her western boyfriend’s was captured carrying her late mother’s photo Fei Fei stored in his wallet. She replied “I have a few good friends that also keep family photos in their wallets. “

#181 lkwan

lkwan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 02:07 PM

I think Adam need to really care for his daughter since she is all alone now

#182 Dragonfeva

Dragonfeva

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 01:24 PM

he was so good in acting in his time, but i wonder what hes planning to do now since he hasnt really made anything lately besides holding some concerts in sydney

#183 ILoveChowGoon

ILoveChowGoon

Adam's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:55 AM

he was so good in acting in his time, but i wonder what hes planning to do now since he hasnt really made anything lately besides holding some concerts in sydney

He's still very active. He had finished filming a China production series in March and a TVB production in October. This year he held several concerts in Singapore, Macao and will be going to USA in the end of this month for another 3 shows. He was invited to a charity event in Singapore and presented awards for the winners at The Golden Bell Award Ceremony in Taiwan. TVB recently invited Adam to present the "Best Actress Award" at their 41st Anniversary.

#184 TingTing1

TingTing1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:25 PM

I use to watch a lot of his TV series when I was little. He is my mothers Idle! I also like him, unfortunately we don't get HK television in South Africa.

I think he is one of those actors who is able to do any role! My Dad loves his songs! Does he write any of his own songs?

Cantonese is such a lovely language. I hope HK people continue to speak it and especially to their children and not only speak Manderin and English!

Stephen Chow Sing Chi is another one whom I think has created a unique Hong Kong Cantonese language culture.

These stars are our role models and they assist in keeping the Cantonese Hong Kong culture alive - especially with the old TV episodes TVB use to have in he '80's!

#185 TingTing1

TingTing1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:04 PM

What happened to the last note I sent?

#186 evodrift

evodrift

Anything@TVB

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6165 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:41 PM

TVB 2009 Calender_September
Christine Ng, Mandy Cho, Sheren Tang, Adam Cheng, Michael Tse

Posted Image

#187 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 14682 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 07:48 PM

http://i40.tinypic.com/1zx9jrc.jpg

Wild photos of Adam Cheng's daughter exposed
Yahoo News

Scandalous photos of Adam Cheng's daughter, Winnie Cheng, had been exposed by netizens. 19-year-old Winnie posted photos of her partying and kissing 19 different men on her blog, one of which was taken in bikini. After the photos were exposed, Adam merely replied, "It's not a big deal to be in bikini."

Photos of Winnie kissing two different men on Christmas night last year in Hong Kong were splashed on tabloids. According to sources, Adam was furious over photos of her daughter's frivolous behavior and sent her off to college in England immediately, hoping she will mend her moral integrity. Being out of sight of her parents, her life took for a more exciting, amorous turn.

The photos were mostly self-taken on the streets, beach, night clubs, public toilets, buses and even on the bed. Occasions varied from Halloween parties to private theme parties. Among them include a set of beach photos, part of them believed to be taken in the public bathroom at the beach. Winnie, dressed in bikini, was seen in the arms of a topless tattooed man, kissing.

"What's the big deal about being in bikini? She's almost 20 years old and do not need us to meddle in her life. More importantly, she's pretty. I will remind her to be careful; don't post photos online," Adam replied.

Winnie is the elder daughter of Adam and his current wife Koon Ching-wah; they have a younger daughter, Cecily. Joyce Cheng is his daughter with late ex-wife, Lydia Sum.

#188 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 14682 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:44 PM

http://gallery.asian...p...&pid=643706
Posted Image

Source: 67.com
Translated by: Matchbox @ http://mediachamber.net

The New Book and the Sword currently airing in China

Niki Chow's Mainland series "The Book and the Sword" that she shooted last year started to air on China's channel CETV on the 20th March. She collaborates with China stars such as Qiao Zhen Yu as (Nicknamed Kevin Cheng lookalike). Qiao Zhen Yu stated that he was very honored to be able to work with Adam Cheng and had learned a lot from him in acting. It is also Niki Chow's debut Mainland series and she is very exited about it.

#189 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49920 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 11:23 PM

Adam Cheng Would Rap to Save 'Jade Solid Gold'
Saturday July 3, 2010 Hong Kong
Source: Oriental Daily / Translated by: KAY @ kays-entertainment.blogspot.com

Posted Image

Because TVB and the four record companies haven't resolve their copyright tax incident, many singers cannot appear to "Jade Solid Gold," causing the show's rating to drop. "JSG" will make changes to regain its lost grounds. It would approach to veteran singers that don't belong to the four record companies like Adam Cheng and Liza Wang. Next month they would hold a a "Golden Songs Entertainment is Really Classic Concert" to save the show.

Yesterday Adam replied to reporters and said: "Don't dare to say I'm saving the show, 'JSG' is a music program, without that many singers it really isn't that good, but I heard 'the four' and TVB would resolve their matter soon. We don't know how many episodes we would do, but want to do something new, like rapping with MC Jin, I can do it. (Impersonating?) It would take too long to prepare!"

#190 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49920 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 02:13 AM

Adam Cheng falls into 4 meter hole, injures left shoulder & rushed to hospital
Monday November 30, 2010 Hong Kong
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianunivers.net/forums/

Posted Image Posted Image

A few days ago, Adam Cheng was shooting for new TVB series The War of Heart at the studio and accidentally fell into a 4 meters (13 feet) hole, injuring his right shoulder. He was immediately rushed to the hospital in Tseung Kwan O, then transferred to Sanatorium and Hospital. As Adam's shoulder is numb, his back muscles and head were in pain. He will need to get a MRI scan.

At the time of the accident, the scene was about Adam having to rescue two people from the hole, where Adam accidentally lost his balance and fell into the hole, injuring his right shoulder. Fortunately there was a safety cushion on the bottom, but at the time Adam was wearing a pair of glasses, so that scraped his face. There is also a bruise on his nose.

Joyce Cheng frightened to tears

After that, Adam felt numbness on his shoulder and had trouble breathing, so the staff sent him to the Tseung Kwan O hospital. Until yesterday morning, Adam was transferred to Sanatorum and Hospital. Although the X-ray did not show any broken bones or fractures, he felt pain on his back muscles and head.

Last night, Adam expressed over the phone that his head and neck felt unwell, so he had to go back home to rest, but because the studio scene had to finish shooting, he understood the circumstances and held in his pain to continue shooting. He frankly said he'll definitely been in the shadow of the accident. Adam also expressed when his daughter Joyce Cheng found out, she called him instantly and was so frightened she cried. Last night, Adam got back the results from the MRI scan, which expressed it's nothing serious, but he will have to take painkillers.

Adam's co-star, Moses Chan expressed that he already knows about Adam's small accident, but at the time he was not at the scene, so don't know the situation, Moses hopes Adam is fine and can get well soon.

#191 snookie

snookie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:18 AM

I went to his concert today just got back home from it he & Liza Wang they were great Adam is a great singer really smooth I enjoy both of their performances really good!!! concert!!! . I loved!!! listening to Adam sing he looks great at the concert he looks young even though he is petty old hehehe I finally get to meet him in person well (him live singing it was AWSOME!!!) hope he comes again