460 replies to this topic

#41 Lemming1227

Lemming1227

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 05:34 AM

I didn't like her character in this series. Being mean in a series or a movie is okay, but being mean to your own family members is kind of extreme. I so wanted her dead when I watched it. So I guess you can say her acting is very good. :lol?:

#42 Paigne

Paigne

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 08:28 AM

She does a great job at evil roles... much better then when she tried to play the "good" role such as angel on a mission 3D. She did a good job in the series and my parents for one kept saying how evil she was and she was the downfall (even though they knew that the novel never said a thing about this and she might not have even being in the novel... not that i read the novel) but if she was, her role must have being small cause my parents dont remember her either).

#43 meteorrain

meteorrain

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 12:26 AM

sonjia ish much better in actin..lately she's been doin some villian characters..her actin ish pretty good because i jus wanted to strangle her in perish in name of love..lol

#44 AutumnTears

AutumnTears

. x3 yoo .

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 12:34 AM

Posted Image
[Ta Kung Pao 29/09/04]

Sonija Kwok was at a diamond event earlier and was presented with a one-carat diamond etched with her birthday "0722". She indicated that she will make the stone into a pendant. She says that she really likes this gift because it has her birthday on it and she admits that this diamond is the largest that she has ever been given.

Sonija will be heading out to Venice next month to shoot some photographic ads for this company and will be spending a week there. She smiles that as well as receiving the diamond, she will also be paid a rather substantial fee and she is very pleased with this. Sonija admits that she likes diamonds a lot, but when asked if her boyfriend has given her any, she did not want to say, pointing out that she can buy her own. She says: "Diamonds are a very precious gift and not easy to buy, I like diamonds that are elegant and gracious."

Although the mid-autumn festival is a time for couples and families to be together, Sonija spent the evening working, but she still took some time out to go and spend time with her mother.

http://www.takungpao...9/UL-311625.htm
http://orientaldaily...ent_a70cnt.html

Posted Image
[The Sun 29/09/04]

Sonija Kwok, Shirley Yeung and Ekin Cheng took part in a blessing ceremony yesterday for the TVB mid-autumn festival Shatin show and when asked if she would be spending the festival with boyfriend Deric Wan, she says that Deric is currently working in the mainland at the moment. As for how Deric's salon business in China is doing, she seemed to evade the question: "You'd better ask him about his affairs, we are okay, but I don't want to reply on his behalf."

Sonija has been tuning into "War and Beauty" and believes that the many leads in the show have a chance to win the anniversary awards: "They have all performed very well and if there are any more series this good, I would like to take part. I think they all have a good chance of winning an award."

Also, Shirley responded to the complaints received against "Shine on You", saying: "The show is actually full of encouragement and afterwars the teachers and students work to protect their school and it is very touching. Just keep watching and you will see."

http://the-sun.com.h...11129_0003.html

Credits to Em - http://www.tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

#45 crazyboy123

crazyboy123

Zomb

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 01:29 AM

perish in the name of love had a nice plot to the story and actor are much better in acting in this serie then others.

#46 shopaholic

shopaholic

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 02:11 AM

i hated her in this series. actually i hate her in general... she always gets these reli evil roles, sometimes makes me think whether she's like that in real life. btw i didn't like the series either... i watched the first episode and the last episode - that is all... itz got such a corny, predicatable plot that the middle is just a waste of time. sry to all the ppl who like it... ;)

#47 Guests

• Guests

Posted 29 September 2004 - 05:40 AM

sonjia is so pretty. how can u guys hate her for her acting evil?

#48 Guests

• Guests

Posted 29 September 2004 - 07:25 AM

I hated this show...it sucks..because they twisted the story soooo bad...the actual story was昭仁公主 is not evil and was kill by the emprorer when the capital is broken thru. (so she won't get raped) and it was actually the good queen in the show that brought in the prostitute...I think TVB have raped this story...SUCKs

#49 Guests

• Guests

Posted 29 September 2004 - 07:39 AM

Well...actually don;t really like her at all..the only series i watch of her is 3D angle. is okay. i hear she's really b*t*hing.

#50 ippy903

ippy903

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 04:39 PM

I dont really like sonija, i heard that she bit*hes too much like what Jettieboy had said. She always acts good first in every tv episodes then become evil later on. The only tv series i like in was Angel of Mission, she was quite HOT looking in it, but not as HOT as Shirley and Charmaine. I think TVB changed the complete story of 昭仁公主 like what frostiex had said. TVB should put decent actors/actresses into good sereis, not rubbish actor/actress...

#51 Guests

• Guests

Posted 29 September 2004 - 05:31 PM

she was so mean in that serie , i could really kill her when she was in front of me , but she played her part very good clapclap clapclap

#52 sweety_g

sweety_g

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 06:33 PM

she's pretty but i dont like her...its her mouth, when she talks...that's irritating me

#53 Little_Purple_Bell

Little_Purple_Bell

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1969 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 02:50 AM

Sonija's acting is usually pretty irony, whenever she's good as in character, her acting's bad and whenever her character is bad, her acting is good. Her evil roles are pretty convincing most of the time.

#54 Shebbiz

Shebbiz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 12:22 PM

i hate sonjia in pitnol.. buh she can really act evil..

#55 Guests

• Guests

Posted 01 October 2004 - 01:31 PM

sonjia really did portray her bad side in this series. >:) but she didn't suffer enough after all she had done to her sister in the end!

#56 lychee_bobo

lychee_bobo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 08:32 PM

sonia is a good actress . but her charater is bitc-hy n naive .. dont know y u like it ..

#57 Guests

• Guests

Posted 02 October 2004 - 03:23 AM

omg...i hate her so much in this serie!!!...she's so annoying!!!...This serie was not bad at first but after...with all the war and stuff...it was so boring

#58 leonting

leonting

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 04:11 AM

She can act well for sure. But, her character in the Perish in the name of love is so evil that it engenders in me a deep hatred toward her. Tell you what, when i was watching it, I, uncontrolablly keep scolding and cursing her.

Anyway, she is indeed a good actress, like in "Hidden Treasure", "family Man", "Angels of mission", etc.....

#59 cheryltan

cheryltan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 06:40 PM

Yeah, her character is really evil and I really hate her in that show. Although she's a good actress, I don't really like her that much. Still prefer Charmaine to Sonija in many ways.

#60 Guests

• Guests

Posted 03 October 2004 - 12:29 AM

Her acting improve alot now, much much better than before

#61 ~~Eternity~~

~~Eternity~~

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 05:51 PM

any chance of her gettin a prize at tvb anniversary this yr for her role in aom

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wouldn't bet on it... By the looks of the critics from the press and by the praise received by the leads in War & Beauty, I don't think many actresses will be able to have an award. Sonija might still get one, but the chance is really really slim.

#62 _dang_

_dang_

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 08:19 PM

i really like her because she can really act. it don't matter if her role if evil or not, she's good at acting. and plus, she got that looks where she can be acting evil roles. she can be hot at times too. i don't really like her short hair though, i wished she could've kept it long.

#63 ch_kee83

ch_kee83

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 08:15 PM

i think sonjia's acting skill is good...wonder y she did not act in "war n beauty"...should cast her instead of maggie cheong\

#64 marshey905

marshey905

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 11:36 PM

i think sonjia's acting skill is good...wonder y she did not act in "war n beauty"...should cast her instead of  maggie cheong\

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

omg.. maggie's acting skills are so much better than sonija. and I hate sonija. she can't act.. especially for an evil character. she sucks so bad.

#65 Guests

• Guests

Posted 15 October 2004 - 07:40 AM

I hated her character throughout the series because of what she did to charmaine.

#66 AutumnTears

AutumnTears

. x3 yoo .

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 12:02 AM

Posted Image
[Ta Kung Pao 19/10/04]

Sonija Kwok was in TVB City yesterday filming a promotional clip for the forthcoming series "The Last Breakthrough" as well as being interviewed for K-100 before flying out later to Venice to film a jewellery advertisement. She will be staying there for five days.

Earlier, Sonija had been filming a sales presentation clip with Moses Chan for "Yellow Earth Great Plains" in a scene where they had to be buried alive and so they were poured all over with sand. During the scene, Sonija had to hold her breath for over ten seconds and as she was also covered in sand, she was extremely uncomfortable. However, she says that she does like this series a lot because it feels like Zhang Yimou's epic 'Red Sorghum', full of country feeling as well as a more steamy side to the story. Sonija also reveals that she and Moses earlier had to shoot a passionate scene in a wheatfield and she felt very embarrassed because it was quite daring. Luckily, Moses has had experience of such scenes and he led her in to complete the shoot, but the feeling was not enjoyable at all because the straw in the field left her feeling rather itchy!

When asked how daring the scene actually was, Sonija holds back and says: "Wait until you watch the show! (Did you have to warn your boyfriend beforehand?) It is just work so there is no need."

http://www.takungpao...9/UL-319030.htm

#67 Kazaf

Kazaf

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 09:14 AM

ohh so this is sonija..
i like her in the TVB series dont watch em, just walk past seeing my mum watch them..
her acting is quite good

#68 Guests

• Guests

Posted 22 October 2004 - 12:27 AM

Sonjia is very evil in Perish in the Name of Love. She betrayed her family and the Han dynasty.

#69 aznbaybii

aznbaybii

*YEAH BABY!!!*

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 02:37 PM

i agree, Sojia did way betta in Family Man and 3D Angles way betta den Perish in the Name of Love.....

and she sure can act evil....

#70 Guests

• Guests

Posted 25 October 2004 - 02:05 AM

To tell you the truth, i didnt have a good impression on her after seeing series like perish in the name of love where she played as the evil sister, but after seeing angels on mission, she was alright.

#71 speed

speed

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 10:55 PM

this hot chick can really act evil! Sonija's awesome. Love her style.

#72 Guests

• Guests

Posted 27 October 2004 - 12:06 AM

I agree, her acting improved so..much that she actually made me hate her so.... badly because of her realness in acting as an antagonist.

#73 iCySoUr21

iCySoUr21

aLeX & sHiRlEy

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 05:03 AM

her highest competitor for the Most Improved Female award right now is Shirley & Leila

#74 tenshi

tenshi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 12:38 AM

Sonjia has good acting but she is such a b-i-t-c-h in da series so innoying

#75 Guests

• Guests

Posted 28 October 2004 - 03:34 AM

sonjia is so pretty. how can u guys hate her for her acting evil?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

clapclap Agree.

:noclue People wake up. I think she is reasonably pretty in general. She acted as an evil was another story.

#76 Guests

• Guests

Posted 28 October 2004 - 03:50 AM

she was EVIL, sonya's acting is good is this series tho...but seriouly i hated her character!!

#77 Guests

• Guests

Posted 28 October 2004 - 04:30 AM

Sonija is really really mean in Perish in the name of love! I can't stand her! Then in "mo ming 3D" she plays a good protagonist but still don't like her because she's too "chui bin"

#78 AutumnTears

AutumnTears

. x3 yoo .

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 11:08 PM

Posted Image Posted Image
[Ta Kung Pao & Oriental Daily 29/10/04]

Sonija Kwok and Bernice Liu were on the catwalk earlier modelling for Pennyblack, with Sonija being presented with an 'All Angled Artiste' award and Bernice receiving the 'Beautiful Angel' award.

Sonija modelled a selection of outfits in the show and among them was a jacket and trouser suit that she wore without a bra. She had made all the necessary preparations before and just as she headed out, she checked herself over in the mirror before stepping onto the stage to make sure she did not expose herself. She says: "I quite like the asexual look, but I have never appeared in public like this with nothing underneath before." Talking of her fee, Sonija says she is very satisfied and she is happy to try on so many different outfits. With comments that her poses seemed rather stiff, she explains that as she was wearing a pair of six-inch heels, she had to be very careful with every step she took to avoid embarrassing herself on the stage. As Sonija will be taking part in a dance routine with some hooters and Adam Cheng, she was asked if she was worried about him touching her in the sensitive areas. She does not rule this out, but says: "I don't know! We haven't started rehearsing yet."

Bernice was at two events on that day, attending a shoe shop opening in the morning and then doing modelling in the evening. When it was mentioned she must have made a fair bit of money from the two events, she laughs: "My manager cares for me! In the last few months I have been busy filming for 'Healing Hands III', so I missed out on a lot of events. Now the show is finished, I am making up for lost time!" As Bernice will be staying in Hong Kong to further her career for the foreseeable future, she hopes to save enough money to buy an apartment in Hong Kong. When asked if she has enough for half a property yet, she laughs: "It depends how big it is! As the property prices have risen again, I hope that I can buy a larger place to live in with my parents so they can look after my every need!"

Bernice's parents were at the show to support her and when asked if she was particularly nervous because of this, she says she was not because when she took part in dance competitions as a child, her parents had always been very supportive and she is used to this now.

http://www.takungpao...9/UL-323043.htm
http://orientaldaily...ent_a52cnt.html

#79 Guests

• Guests

Posted 30 October 2004 - 12:25 AM

in that movie she shows that she is really a good actress. because i hate her role in perish of ...

#80 masterXE

masterXE

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 06:15 PM

yeah she was my fav actoress in the series, even tho she was evil, and was supposed to be hated, i liked her charcter cause it was so unique and evil to the max. great job for sonija clapclap

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sonija kwok, kwok sin nei

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users