Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Name: Sonija Kwok Sin Nay
Birthday: July 12,1974
Horoscope: Cancer
Height: 168 cm
Weight: 49 Kg
Hobbies: Playing with the piano and Cooking, horse-riding, working-out, swimming
Spoken Language:Cantonese, English
Favourite Sports: Riding,GYM, Swimming
Unforgettable Event:Taking part in Miss Hong Kong Pageant
Undered Company: TVB (currently a contract actress)

Awards:
Miss Hong Kong Pageant 1999 - Champion
Miss Chinese International Pageant 2000 - Champion

Series
Law Enforcers
A Step Into the Past
Where the Legend Begins
Family Man
Love and Again
The Legend of Love
Fight for Love
Perish in the Name of Love
Angels of Mission
Hidden Treasures
The Last Breakthrough
Lethal Weapons of Love and Passion
Vagabond Vigilante
Au Revoir Shanghai
The Conquest
Land of Wealth
On the First Beat
D.I.E.
Pages of Treasures
The Greatness of a Hero
D.I.E. Again

Fanlisting
http://www.forever-sonija.2ya.com/

Edited by mv_288, 14 May 2009 - 08:23 AM.

#2 Guests

• Guests

Posted 14 January 2004 - 08:14 AM

i heard many ppl start hating her in that series... too bad... i only watch her first appearance in PITNOL.

Edited by mavourneen, 23 May 2004 - 06:24 AM.

#3 iCySoUr21

iCySoUr21

aLeX & sHiRlEy

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 11:11 PM

i heard that sonija is going to be filming a new series with Raymond, Nick Cheung, and Leila. It's about doctors

tat series is call No Boundaries Doctors

#4 affa

affa

sacrosanctitas

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 04:25 AM

i didnt ike sonija in PITNOL because her character was extremely evil. But she was ok in legend of love when she was paired up with deric

Edited by affa, 18 January 2004 - 04:30 AM.

#5 Miss Watermelon

Miss Watermelon

leehom's wife

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 09:34 AM

I hated her the first time after i watched WTLB and PITNOL!! but then after TLOL i liked her. she was sooo evil but i gotta say she has got really good acting skills for it. sumtimes theres these actresses who are tryin to be evil but i dont hate them?? Any1 got the TLOL full song by kenny and gillian? I really like it!!

#6 iCySoUr21

iCySoUr21

aLeX & sHiRlEy

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 02:22 AM

yep! u got tat right! the tlol full themesong is not out yet. i really like it 2. but... too bad. and i also want tlol 2 air in hk.....but....too bad....lol

#7 Guest_Precious_*

Guest_Precious_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2004 - 09:37 PM

Hmm... i thought her birthday is on 22nd of July.

#8 iCySoUr21

iCySoUr21

aLeX & sHiRlEy

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 07:47 AM

it is. but alot of ppl mistakens it as the 12th of july

Peace & Serenity

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3157 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 01:37 AM

Posted Image

[Oriental Daily & The Sun]

Sonija Kwok and Tiffany Lee were filming with Tats Lau for movie "Super Beauty Cops", where they play fighting girls. With her earlier performance in another action series, Sonija seemed quite relaxed as she struck a pose wearing her boiler suit, looking quite the part. Conversely, Tiffany seemed a little clumsy and was laughed at by the crew, but she says: "It doesn't matter! I have never filmed action shows and have never beem trained, so I will learn as I go along!" When it was mentioned she looked a little chubby, Tiffany protested: "No, it is just the costume and the angle. My face has always been a little chubby and I am a little bloated today."

Sonija reveals that she had three days off over the new year and took the chance to rest at home, so she has not been to visit Deric Wan's family. She smiles that his parents are very understanding of her work being tough and have not said anything. As for Deric's intentions to be baptised, Sonija says she does not know about this, but she is aware he will go to listen to the gospels before filming. When asked if she would be joining him, she says: "No! This is his personal decision. (Has he been telling you about the gospels?) Of course not, it would bore me to death!"

creds-tvbspacenews.blogspot

Posted Image

[Oriental Daily]

Deric Wan and Sonija Kwok have just celebrated their first anniversary together, but yesterday there were reports that they had split up also indicating that Deric Wan has financial problems and they fell out when he asked her for money. Both Deric and Sonija strongly deny the news and hope that these pointless people will stop making stories from nothing.

Sonija is currently filming for "Golden Egg of Ap Liu" and she responds to the reports by saying: "It is so pointless and they keep going on about it. My boyfriend and my financial matters are independent, but I am very clear of his status and there is no problem. Our relationship is very strong."

As for Deric, he is in Shanghai filming for a Mainland production and in response to the reports about him falling out with his girlfriend over money, he says: "I thank you all for giving me so much attention and giving us the value of your news. Maybe it will help my show 'Vigilante in the Mask' as publicity. Please can those who like to write rumours and cause trouble stop talking rubbish, because the more you report it, the more you waste your efforts."

Deric insists that he and his girlfriend are getting on very well and their relationship is improving by the day. They have not had one argument in the year they have been together and of their finances, they are extremely healthy and he has never asked her to lend him money. His work has been continuous and earlier he has just finished filming a series in Taiwan before heading up for the China series. He will also soon be heading out with his girlfriend to America to do a stage show and have a happy Chinese Lover's festival.

creds- http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

#10 anneheung11

anneheung11

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 08:28 AM

is sonija new series with bobby, anne and shirley??? called "The Golden Egg Of Ap Liu"...

#11 Guests

• Guests

Posted 06 February 2004 - 08:35 PM

is sonija new series with bobby, anne and shirley??? called "The Golden Egg Of Ap Liu"...

Yes, Sonija is now filming a series with Bobby, Anne, and Shirley, hope that series will be good becasue all the pretty girls are in there.

#12 iCySoUr21

iCySoUr21

aLeX & sHiRlEy

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 07:47 PM

she's now filming that one doctor series with nick cheung and raymond lam. forgot the name of it

#13 tvbfan

tvbfan

superior being =D

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 08:23 PM

^ its medical heroes hehehe =)

u guys make me wanna watch angels on mission sooo much

Peace & Serenity

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3157 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 03:53 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image

[The Sun & Sing Pao]

As they left for a stage show in America, news broke once again that Deric Wan and Sonija Kwok had split up after the intervention of Tang Chi Fung. However, when the couple arrived back from their trip, they left the airport holding hands very tightly to dispel any rumours about their break up.

After completing their show in New York, Deric, Sonija, Sonija's mother and a male assistant returned to Hong Kong and the couple left the arrivals hall fully prepared, holding hands and beaming sweet loving smiles. In response to the suggestions of third party Tang, they both replied that the news was 'pointless'. Deric also twice raised his girlfriend's hand and said: "You can see this!" Sonija then said in a relaxed mood: "I was called by my manager this morning, but I have nothing to say. (Have you called Tang Chi Fung?) I never have!" After saying this, she looked at Deric and smiled, beating words with silence.

Afterwards, Deric also followed his girlfriend into Yuen Long to accompany her filming for "Golden Egg of Ap Liu". The two were holding hands again as Deric tended to her every need, passing water and the script and waiting for her to finish in his car. During this, Sonija refused an interview, saying she was working, but Deric replied on her behalf and said: "Every time we hear these reports, they will not affect us, we just leave them to it! (Do you know Tang?) He is a nice guy! (Have you proposed to Sonija, but she is making you wait?) Of course I have to wait, and I will definitely wait for her to have some free time." When asked about Bobby's suggestive remarks about his ratings, Derek says: "I am very selfish when I make series and don't really care about these things."

http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

Edited by mavourneen, 23 May 2004 - 06:29 AM.

#15 forever_autumn

forever_autumn

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4197 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 07:38 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 Endless

Endless

i'm crazy

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 12:38 AM

for all those who like her..there's a whole new gallery of her pixs..very pretty!! go see!!

http://www.asianfana...s.php?album=158

#17 gossip80

gossip80

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3651 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 12:59 AM

ooh..too bad i don't like her

and she's 5'6?? that's short!! i thought she'd be a lot taller since she was miss hk...

#18 whisperings

whisperings

angelic

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 05:14 AM

Posted Image

Former rumoured couple Louis Koo and Sonija Kwok took part in a photographic event for a hair salon together with Angelica Lee, Chris Wong and Belinda Hamnett. Sonija stole the show with her short sexy dress.

Although Sonija has her steady partner now, her appearance with Louis still caused a stir and Louis openly asked if the press wanted a picture of them together. After the photo, they shared a few words like old friends and Sonija later said: "We often see each other at the hairstylists. (The rumours were you broke up on bad terms.) Not at all, it was all rumours, so there is no awkwardness when we meet." Chris Wong also presented the salon owners Pius and Ray with an oil painting.

Afterwards, Louis appeared at a massage chair promotion and said: "Sonija has a boyfriend now, so there is nothing to be embarrassed about! Having a photo together is very normal."

http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com

Posted Image

[Oriental Daily]

Sonija Kwok will be playing a pregnant lady for the first time in new series "Wandering Hero Medics" and she was filming in her pregnant outfit in a scene on Tsimshatsui harbour that attracted a crowd of onlookers. She laughs that her fake belly is not heavy at all, but the harnesses make her very hot and she insists that it will be a long time before she will be having children in real life as she has no plans at present.

Sonija says: "In the show, the baby 's father is Nick Cheung. He plays a gynaecologist and I am a midwife. I have filmed a lot of birth scenes lately, so I have learned how to pull the baby and am now aware of all the stages of childbirth, but it will be a long time before I have kids of my own as I have not thought about it at all as it is not the right time yet."

As the show requires that Sonija has to hide from her screen husband Nick, who does not let her go out, Nick was asked if he will 'imprison' Esther in real life if she falls pregnant. He says very seriously: "Of course not, leading a normal life is not a problem but of course it would be better not to go travelling or doing any dangerous things."

Edited by whisperings, 09 April 2004 - 05:22 AM.

#19 anneheung11

anneheung11

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 09:32 AM

Credit: Em
News: Saturday, April 24, 2004

Sonija Kwok, Charmaine Sheh, Shirley Yeung, Mrs Li Hau Wo and 'King of Toys' Mr Choi Chi Ming were the guests at the opening of the designer watch expo yesterday and Mr Choi immediately spent $560,000 on a pair of his 'n hers watches and a diamond watch.

With three pretty girls as guests, they attracted quite an audience, among them many tourists. During this, one man shouted that Sonija was 'very pretty' and this made her very happy as she accepted the compliment proudly and asked the reporters what else the man had said. When the reporters replied that with her beautiful outfit, all the men would be mesmerised, Sonija laughed that as she has been playing a nurse in her new show "Wandering Hero Medics", then she should be able to assist those who are stunned by her!

Yesterday evening, Sonija was filming for the show again and the scene told of a caesarian section. When asked whether she would have a caesarian birth, she says that she has played a pregnant woman in the past that had a smooth birth. Although it was just acting, she still felt that having children would be very painful, so she may choose to give birth by caesarian in the future. When the reporters laughed about whether she was worried about leaving a scar on her belly, she says that to have a baby and be a mother, then having a scar is not a problem.

As well as receiving a fee for her work at yesterday's event, Sonija was also given two watches worth over $10,000. She says that as it is Mother's Day next month, she can give one to her mother as a present and save herself some money. However, she reveals that she has been looking for a crucifix necklace because whilst she was filming earlier, she lost the one that her father gave her for her 18th birthday. As there was a lot of sentimental value attached to that pendant, she is looking for a replacement that is exactly the same.

With her style usually very conservative, Shirley Yeung appeared at yesterday's event in a rather sexy attire and although she wasn't quite as revealing as Sonija and Charmaine, this was already a great change from her usual image. Whilst filming for "Angels of Mission" (Nameless Angels 3D) Shirley was rumoured to have been bullied by Sonija and Charmaine and at yesterday's event, Sonija and Charmaine were still just talking to each other and leaving Shirley out. However, Shirley stood to one side and kept to herself.

Shirley was also given a set of watches for her work yesterday and was asked whether she would give one to her boyfriend. She says that she and her boyfriend do not like to wear matching watches, but most of what she sees at the expo are his 'n hers designs. Has Shirley received any memorable presents in the past? She says that as long as she has some good memories, that is all she needs.

Shirley says that she has been doing a lot of openings recently and earned a lot of extra money, suggesting her rise in popularity could be down to the recent airing of "Blade Heart". She laughs that not only has she been doing openings, she has also negotiated three advertisements. With the recent rise in illegal downloading of music and even TV series such as "Angels of Mission", Shirley points out this is unlawful and urges everyone to wait until it is aired before they watch it.

For Charmaine, as well as receiving a six-figure fee for her work, she also received a pair of ladies watches and the organisers also lent her a set of jewellery workth over $1million for her to wear at the event. When asked why she didn't ask for a set of lovers' watches, she seemed a little surprised at the question before frowning and saying that she has not been given a men's watch and the two watches were for her own use.

Benny Chan was recently alleged to have spent the night with another woman, before it was confirmed that it was a case of mistaken identities and the paper apologised publicly for the mistake. When Charmaine was asked whether she knew of Benny's return to Hong Kong, she immediately replied impatiently that she did not know. Then when asked if she had contacted him about the incident, she said, getting agitated: "No!"

Later, Charmaine will be heading out to Hawaii to visit her mother and when asked why she does not take her boyfriend back to see her mother, she became annoyed and said she would be going back on her own. When reporters continued asking her whether she will be introducing her mother to her boyfriend, she indicated that she would not reply to such pointless questions.

News: Wednesday, April 28, 2004

As of May, TVB will have three productions that will be heading into the mainland for location filming and with another case of SARS confirmed in Beijing, the company is very concerned about this and is considering the cancellation or postponement of the filming.

With the return of the illness to the Chinese capital, there has been much fear brewing among the artistes who are scheduled to film in the mainland, among them cast members from new dramas "Proud Heroes of Chu and Hon", "Wandering Hero Medics" and "Tossing Rain Turning Cloud". After the SARS incident of last year, TVB are not wasting any time in assessing the situation and as well as taking up insurance, they are monitoring the situation closely and meeting with producers to create a set of guidelines for artistes, including suggestions to stay in the hotel during free time and to stay out of contact with strangers.

TVB have also been compiling a contigency plan, so that if the situation in Beijing worsens, they will either cancel or postpone the filming. General Manager Chan Chi Wan says: "We will refer to the news issued by the official channels and understand the extent of the situation. If it is as dangerous as last year, then we will make appropriate arrangements, but for now there are no decisions to change the plans. (Will the artistes need to be quarantined when they return?) It depends on the situation, if it is serious enough to warrant quarantine, then we would not send them there in the first place."

Sonija Kwok has a part in "Wandering Hero Medics" and will be heading to Guangxi with Nick Cheung and Andrew Lin for ten days filming. Talking of TVB possibly cancelling the trip at any time, she says: "There must be a reason behind anything the company arranges because they only want the best for the artistes. If I have to go, then I will be careful . If I can't wear a mask for filming, then I will take care to avoid the locals, especially when they sneeze."

As for Adam Cheng, Maggie Cheung and Kwong Wa currently working on "Proud Heroes", they will be heading up to Wuxi in mid-May. The arrangement for the cast and crew of "Tossing Rain Turning Clouds" to head to the stricken city of Beijing in June and then onto Inner Mongolia will include Charmaine Sheh, Raymond Lam and Bosco Wong. To this, Raymond says: "There are good things and bad things! If anything happens, it will most likely be postponed. (Are you not afraid of SARS?) It won't be that coincidental. The company is making close observations, because there is always a risk and I believe in the company." He also laughs: "The weather there will be like a steamer, if I can survive that, then it means that my immune system is very strong, so I needn't be afraid of SARS."

#20 forever_autumn

forever_autumn

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4197 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 05:15 AM

hahaha.. thanks for all the pictures Endless! Sonija does look very pretty!

I like this pic the best :D

Posted Image

#21 anneheung11

anneheung11

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 07:40 AM

News: Saturday, 8 May, 2004

(Takunpao)
郭羨妮假肚可亂真
郭羨妮與張家輝昨午在九龍城為《天涯俠醫》拍外景,Sonija(郭羡妮)挺著大肚子,與張家輝站在一起,儼如一對恩愛的小夫妻。

Sonija在劇中演一個苦命女子,雖可與家輝終成眷屬,但在懷孕六個月後,得悉自己患有卵巢癌,不過她仍想保住胎兒,家輝卻以大人為重,力勸她放棄胎兒。對於挺著大肚子,Sonija笑道:「我的假肚真的好逼真,試過在服裝間換衫,有人以為是真的。」

現代人聞癌色變,問Sonija可有年年驗身以策安全?她坦言每年都有檢查身體,並由女醫生負責檢查,以免尷尬。明日便是母親節,問她買了禮物送給母親沒有?她笑道:「我不但買了,還已經送到媽咪手中,她更加開心完了。(那麼正日如何慶祝?)我們會吃飯慶祝。(男友溫兆倫可會出席?)他有空就會一起吃。」

(Orientaldaily)

郭羨妮健康至上年年婦科檢查 娛 樂 — 娛 樂 要 聞
張 家 輝 與 郭 羨 妮 ( Sonija ) 昨 日 為 《 天 涯 俠 醫 》 拍 攝 外 景 , 劇 情 講 述 腹 大 便 便 的 Sonija 懷 胎 六 個 月 才 發 現 有 卵 巢 癌 , 而 現 實 中 為 了 自 己 健 康 想 , Sonija 每 年 都 會 做 婦 科 檢 查 , 不 過 為 免 尷 尬 , 一 定 會 選 用 指 定 女 醫 生 。

偕 溫 兆 倫 慶 祝 母 親 節
Sonija 表 示 : 「 劇 中 話 我 佗 BB 六 個 月 先 知 有 事 , 真 係 好 慘 , 所 以 每 年 為 安 心 自 己 都 會 去 做 檢 查 , 而 今 次 扮 大 肚 婆 覺 得 好 逼 真 , 連 有 男 藝 員 服 裝 間 見 到 我 個 肚 皮 都 以 為 我 係 冇 衫 , 非 常 搞 笑 。 」

至 於 母 親 節 , 孝 順 女 Sonija 早 已 買 了 禮 物 仲 經 已 送 給 媽 咪 , 不 過 母 親 節 都 會 同 媽 咪 食 飯 慶 祝 , 問 到 可 會 帶 同 男 友 溫 兆 倫 出 席 , 她 甜 絲 絲 說 : 「 如 果 佢 得 閒 都 會 。 」

張 家 輝 搵 二 千 萬 心 足
至 於 張 家 輝 有 份 演 出 之 電 影 《 大 事 件 》 入 康 城 參 展 , 他 笑 說 : 「 其 實 套 戲 不 論 去 康 城 定 九 龍 城 , 自 己 有 份 參 與 戲 參 展 都 會 感 到 好 光 榮 , 但 自 己 冇 諗 過 做 咩 國 際 影 星 , 求 其 畀 我 香 港 一 、 兩 年 搵 一 、 二 千 萬 已 心 足 , 雖 然 趕 緊 拍 劇 , 但 都 會 抽 時 間 出 席 , 仲 要 有 準 備 , 買 套 『 踢 死 兔 』 出 席 。 」

此 外 , 對 於 林 被 周 刊 指 他 蒲 夜 總 會 到 天 光 , 家 輝 表 示 : 「 以 前 同 大 人 ( 指 電 影 老 闆 ) 去 過 , 但 都 係 坐 一 陣 就 走 , 因 本 身 不 善 飲 酒 , 又 唔 敢 搞 女 人 , 所 以 都 好 少 去 應 酬 , 我 自 己 覺 得 為 免 惹 麻 煩 , 唔 去 係 , 況 且 我 成 日 都 被 人 笑 我 , 有 水 有 電 就 得 , 所 以 非 洲 都 幾 適 合 我 。 」

Edited by anneheung11, 08 May 2004 - 07:42 AM.

#22 forever_autumn

forever_autumn

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4197 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 10:04 PM

thanx for the news!

translations:

*** WARNING: SPOILERS FOR "WANDERING HERO MEDICS" ***

Nick Cheung and Sonija Kwok were filming yesterday on location for "Wandering Hero Medics" and the storyline tells of a heavily pregnant Sonija finding out six months in that she has ovarian cancer. In real life, Sonija does go for gynaecological check-ups regularly but to prevent embarrassment, she will go to see a female doctor.

Sonija says: "In the show, problems arise six months into the pregnancy and it is really sad, so in order to put my own mind at rest, I will go for a body check regularly. Playing a pregnant woman this time is very realistic and when the men see me in my pregnant woman costume, they think I am not wearing any clothes.

As for mothers' day, the filial Sonija has already prepared a present for her mother, but she will also be taking her out for dinner on the day. When asked whether her boyfriend Deric Wan will be there, she smiles sweetly and says: "If he is free, he will come."

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sonija Kwok and Joe Ma appeared at guest models at a promotion and as well as receiving a fee, they were also allowed to choose any shoes they liked. Other guests included Catherine Hung, Bondy Chiu, Angela Tong, Margaret Chung, Chan Wing Yin and Bel Lau.

Having been a model previously, Joe indicated that since he became an artiste, this was the first time he had done a shoe show and when asked if he needed to specially protect his feet and legs, he laughed: "Not at all! Actually having leg hairs is better because you seem more masculine." As he is currently busy with filming, he complains that his legs are too white and is not matching the skin colour on the top half of his body, so he plans to go for some sunbathing after finishing his current series. Earlier he was stung by an insect leaving his eyes very red and after treatment, the swelling has subsided, but the infection has spread to the glands on his forehead that are still a little swollen, but in recent filming, they have been able to hide it with the camera angles. Talking of being able to select some shoes for part of his fee, he says that he has chosen five or six paires, because he feels bad if he takes too much but if he takes too few, it seems disrespectful.

As for Sonija, she has taken the chance to choose a few pairs for her mother. Originally she had planned to take her mother for dinner, but due to a last minute change to her schedule she has had to cancel. She says that she often goes for dinner with her mother and you don't have to just go on Mothers' Day. She has already bought a pair of earrings for her mother as a present. Also, appearing on the catwalk yesterday, Sonija also mentioned that her skin was too fair because she likes to have a healthy glow to her skin and so she hopes to get a tan later on. When asked whether her boyfriend Deric Wan likes her looking tanned, she laughs she won't worry about him as long as she likes it.

http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

TVB's "Angels of Mission" (aka Nameless Angels 3D) starring Sonija Kwok, Charmaine Sheh, Shirley Yeung and Patrick Tam will begin airing on 24th after "Hard Fate" and yesterday a special premiere party was held where the female leads all wore diamond jewellery to the value of over $3million and were flanked by security guards all evening. Gilbert Lam and Timmy Hung were also present at the glittering event.

Sonija wore a backless dress with her million dollars of jewels and looked elegant and beautiful. In the show she has a lot of risque scenes with Gilbert Lam and also Patrick Tam and this is the boldest performance she has given in her acting career. She laughs: "I remember when I filmed the kissing scene with Patrick, it was very awkward because I had to lead, but I didn't know him very well then and we NG'ed many times." When asked whether she is not used to taking the lead, she smiles and admits it. As for her bed scene with Gilbert, the two had drank some red wine to psyche themselves up for it. When asked whether she had notified boyfriend Deric Wan about it, she says she didn't, so she will just let him watch it. When it was suggested he might go pale when he watches it, she laughs she doesn't care and will not be afraid of him being jealous because it is just work and he should understand.

pix:

http://the-sun.com.h...4051123_big.jpg
http://orientaldaily...511enew18p1.gif
http://www.takungpao...40511-ul-12.jpg
http://www.singpao.c...s/m549935SP.jpg
http://www.takungpao...40511-ul-13.jpg

#23 anneheung11

anneheung11

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 10:57 AM

The cast of TVB's "Wandering Hero Medics" including Nick Cheung, Sonija Kwok, Candy Lo, Andrew Lian, Margaret Chung, Pak Yan and Kenneth Ma set out for Guangxi to film on location yesterday. Although the shoot will only last ten days, the cast are prepared as they carry their cases on their trip.

Ever playful, Nick is usually playing practical jokes on his colleagues in the studio and yesterday he even took a fake cockroach to the airport to take out and scare people. Sonija, Candy and Margaret all fell for his trick and even big sister Pak Yan didn't escape from him. Margaret was so scared that she opened her eyes wide and jumped away as she explains: "I wasn't afraid because he had played the trick before in the studio, but I was putting an act on just for him."

Candy said later regretfully: "If I knew about this earlier, I would have brought some fake stuff along too. (You have a fake leg in the show.) That's so big! (Will you get your own back on Nick?) Let me think about it on the plane." Candy has brought a supply of mosquito repellant and medicine for bites and stings with her. Although she has to go and film on location for her first series, she is not worried because she will have fun with the group of artistes.

Nick has brought a supply of vests, disinfectants and cleanin products with him. Although he often films in the mainland, he has not actually been to many places because he is usually at the studio in Hengdian, so this is his first time to Guangxi. He has heard that the facilities are a little behind there, but he believes that as long as they keep good hygiene, then there shouldn't be a problem. He is feeling rather relaxed because all his studio and location filming in Hong Kong has been completed now. He laughs: "I paid my respects to the gods before I left, so there should be no problem. (Is your wife Esther worried?) She has gone to Singapore to work."

Sonija is usually not too far away from her mother, but yesterday at the airport, her mother was nowhere to be seen. She says that her mother wanted to join her on her trip to Guangxi, but she was worried that she could not look after her mother, so she didn't let her join them. So is her mother worried about her? Sonija says she often goes away for work, so her mother is used to this now and will not be too worried.

This is Sonija's second time in Guangxi and she has brought lots of things with her, including her own pillow and pillowcases. She laughs that she tries to make her room as homely as possible so that she is not homesick. She adds: "Although we will be filming in the mountainous area, it is not very bad there and the hotels are quite comfortable. In contrast, when she was in Guangzhou, the hotel not only didn't have air conditioning, there was water leaking and no toilet paper."

Talking of her boyfriend Deric Wan's recent venture into opening a hair salon in Shanghai, she says: "He is in partnership with a friend and the business is quite big. (Will you go and see it?) I don't have time at the moment. (Are you interested in business?) I have no interest at all in business, so if I have money I will just put it in the bank. (How about co-operating with someone?) No, in the past I fell out with someone over money, so I will not invest in business with my boyfriend."

Also, after returning from Guangxi, Sonija will then be heading out to Beijing for the costume fitting for new show "Tossing Rain Turning Cloud" and she is happy to be working with good friend Charmaine Sheh again. Her part will be completed in about a month, so even though it is a martial arts ancient production, she will not find this hard work. After Beijing, she will be heading out to Kenya to continue filming for "Wandering Hero Medics".

Nick will be heading out to Cannes to appear at the premiere for his film "Dai Si Gin" (Big Case) that has been selected as a showcase film. He reveals that he has been buying an outfit for the occasion and has spent 100-200 thousand dollars on clothes. He says: "To buy a tuxedo, they are all over ten thousand dollars, but I hope I will have a 'model look' when the time comes. Just don't be too shocked!" He will be heading out with co-star Kelly Chen and director Johnny To.

www.tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

[News]

Led by the three beauties Sonija Kwok, Charmaine Sheh and Shirley Yeung, "Angels of Mission" will begin airing next Monday, but some internet sites are advertising openly that all twenty episodes can already be downloaded. Although these downloads are only available for members, the copyright belongs to TVB and no matter if they are charging or not, then it is still illegal. However, many of TVB's series have been illegally pirated in the past by criminals who want to make a fast buck.

TVB's External Affairs Assistnat Director Tsang Sing Ming responded to this saying: "'Angels of Mission' was made by TVB and the copyright belongs to the company, so any such uses of the series are all illegal. TVB has always targeted infringements of intellectual property and downloads from the internet are obviously illegal. We will follow the methods of dealing with these incidents in the past and first request that they stop these activities before we start taking legal action to resolve this."

As for one of the stars Shirley Yeung, she comments on this incident, saying: "If this is illegally breaching copyright laws, then of course it is not right." Is she worried this will affect the ratings for the show? She says: "I am not too worried about that, because I believe that many viewers will support the show in the correct way."

http://orientaldaily...ent_a76cnt.html

http://www.tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

[News]

The location team for TVB's "Wandering Hero Medics" returned to Hong Kong from Guangxi yesterday. As they have been filming in the mountainous regions and the weather has been rainy, hot and stuffy, Sonija Kwok complained about the hard work as soon as she returned: "It really was hard work this time and I only got very little sleep at a time. The weather was very humid and I was feeling ill for the last few days. Luckily I managed to make it, but there were many memorable times and as we were filming in the hills, I learned to pee anywhere. Also, we were filming a marriage scene with Candy Lo and Kenneth Ma in a remote village, but as it was raining, there were little flying ants and moths flitting around and it was quite scary."

When asked if she had moaned to her boyfriend, she laughs: "We talked on the phone every day and we do talk about how the filming is going, but the artistes in this show are good fun, so it was still quite happy."

As for Candy who is filming TV for the first time, she says: "It was quite hard work, but it was okay. (Did Nick play any tricks on you?) Not just me, he played tricks on everyone."

http://orientaldaily...ent_a77cnt.html

#24 forever_autumn

forever_autumn

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4197 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 05:16 AM

TVB's "Angels of Mission" will begin airing next Monday and yesterday the cast members including Charmaine Sheh, Shirley Yeung, Shek Sau, Stephen Au, So Man Tak and Wong Tak Ban went to sponsors "3D Gold" for a promotional event, where they all put on fighting poses. The third angel Sonija Kwok was absent due to illness.

#25 anneheung11

anneheung11

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 11:28 AM

I really want to see her in "Angels of Mission". Lots of people say that was a really good serie to watch. And i can't wait to watch "Hidden Treasures" with Anne in this serie

[News]

Cast members of TVB's "Wandering Hero Medics" including Nick Cheung, Sonija Kwok, Raymond Lam and Sharon Chan set off for a location shoot in Kenya on Monday and as they left in the early evening after the schools had finished, many student fans were at the airport to see them off as well as some tourists who asked to be photographed with them.

The shoot will take a total of 21 days, so both Sonija and Nick took two big suitcases with them. Nick has brought a lot of cup noodles and cans of food with him laughing: "I will remain committed to the Chinese meal and hope that the shoot will be speedy so I can come back soon." As well as the food, Nick has also brought some medication as last time when he was in Guangxi, he had a fever and had to borrow some medicine from someone else, so he is prepared this time. The biggest regret for Nick is being unable to be present for the Hong Kong Premiere of his Cannes nominated film "Breaking News", leaving him a little longing. Although he was able to be at the Cannes premiere, the film is after all a local production and he had hoped to take part in the Hong Kong promotional events. However, even though he is not in Hong Kong, he will still call back and ask about the results and after the location shoot, he will be taking wife Esther Kwan on holiday to recharge.

Sonija has already had all her innoculations in May and one of the injections can cause possible side effects of blotchiness and vaginal infections, but she says she was fine. For this trip, she has brough facial masks, insect repellant and a pillow and not so much food. She has heard that they do bartering over there, so maybe she can swap some of her masks for food. As she does not have many scenes on this shoot, she has brought her camera with her so she can photograph the surroundings and she will take time out to go for the spa and a spot of sunbathing, in the hope she can gain a healthy tan. She will also be dropping by on the Miss Hong Kong shoot. As for the short separation from boyfriend Deric Wan, she says that he was worried about her falling ill over there and although the long distance calls are expensive, they will still keep up their one call a day habit.

#26 anneheung11

anneheung11

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 05:51 AM

[News]

Sonija Kwok was wearing a super low cut dress yesterday as she appeared at an outdoor promotion for a health food product. Although Sonija has just returned from filming on location in Kenya for "Wandering Hero Medics", she is still unable to bear the heat and the sweat was pouring from her as continually mopped her brow as it seemed that she was almost melting. With the temperature in the thirties, Sonija still went ahead with her mini autograph signing event and when asked afterwards whether it was hard work, Sonija replied professionally: "No, I am just sweating because it is hot. I have already dressed for it, I can't wear any less. (Is it rather embarrassing to be sweating so much?) No, sweating is natural, there is no problem with that!"

Sonija's endorsement contract for this company will last a year and she is very pleased with the fee as she says: "I have tried this product to check for side effects before I accepted the contract and I even took a stash with me to Kenya. (Will you introduce it to your mother and boyfriend Deric Wan?) Yes, I will tell my boyfriend to try it because I want him to keep fit and get healthy." Sonija indicates that she managed to go swimming and sunbathing during her twenty one days in Kenya and she does like a healthy skin colour. When asked if she knows that Deric will be kissing Louisa So in their new show, Sonija says that this is not a problem because she also kisses a lot of men in her work. As for the mediocre results of the last week of her series "Angels Of Mission", Sonija says that she has heard good reviews and that sheh ad a good time filming because there were so many action scenes and this was a breakthrough for her.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

[News]

This year's Miss Hong Kong finalists joined with Miss Hong Kong 1999 Sonija Kwok at a cosmetics promotion and Sonija shared her experiences with her juniors, saying that they should stay relaxed and enjoy the experience of the contest.

Besides 1 Queenie Chu and 14 Kayee Tsang who were absent due to stomach pains and skin irritation respectively, the remaining 16 contestants joined the promotion hosted by Sasa, who presented them with $3000 cosmetics vouchers. A vote was held for who had the most beautiful arms and this was won by 5 Cecilia Yeung and 6 Kate Tsui. The winners were very happy to gain the recognition from their peers. Cecilia says that as her fingers are quite small, she grows her nails to make them look prettier and longer as well as doing various treatments for her hands. Kate says she has always put great care into her hands such as using hand cream every time she washes her hands.

2 Irene Yu was the focus of attention amidst reports of her claims to be a university student were actually inaccurate. She explained: "I have studied for a certificate of higher education at the Polytechnic University and later I will be joining the Nursing Faculty, so I have not falsely indicated my education." This was also confirmed by Deputy Production Manager Rosa Chan later on.

Sasa spokesperson Sonija praised all the girls for being very friendly. When asked who she had her eye on to win, Sonija says she has not chosen yet, but she gave some advice to the contestants: "I understand the pressure that they are under, so they should try to relax and if they have time to go and do facials. The most important thing is to relish the process of the contest and don't dwell on it too much."

Later, Sonija will be making a new advert for Sasa and then heading out to Beijing to film for "Tossing Rain Turning Cloud". When asked what her ideal location would be for the advrtisement, Sonija says she would love to do it in the Maldives instead of the usual photographic studios. With the 40 degree heat in Beijing and the ancient drama costumes, Sonija says she is prepared for the hardship as all the light clothing she bought for her earlier Kenya trip will be useful on this trip. With the news of bad food found in China once again, Sonija says she is not worried, because she knows that there is a supermarket and an American fast food restaurant near the studios and there shouldn't be a problem with the food there. When asked whether her mother will be with her, Sonija says: "Although I really want her to be with me and she had already asked to come along with me to Africa, I don't want her to be too weary. (Won't she be bored in Hong Kong?) She has the doggy for company."

Posted Image

#27 Guests

• Guests

Posted 05 August 2004 - 03:52 AM

Posted Image

[The Sun]

Deric Wan and Sonija Kwok are having relationship problems again!! The latest news suggests that Sonija said quite openly: "We don't see each other very often." Although this is becoming very commonplace, the press still have to run it by with them and when Deric was called, the phone was answered by his assistant who indicated that he was filming in China: "There is no problem between them, just that they have an understanding that they will work hard for a few more years. Deric is busy with his current work, but he will be heading over to Beijing next month to visit Sonija." So there isn't anything going on then...

Credits Em @ http://www.tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

[Net Ease Entertainment News]

After 'A Step in the Past' and 'Twin of Brothers', TVB is now filming another of Huang Yi's martial arts novels 'Tossing Rain Turning Cloud' with leading females Charmaine Sheh and Sonija Kwok starring opposite young stars Raymond Lam and Bosco Wong. At noon today, the cast and crew held a blessing ceremony to mark the start of filming at Beijing's Huayou Film and Television Studios.

The story is based at the beginning of the Ming Dynasty in a story following the adventures of Feng Xinglie (Raymond Lam), who is of Mongolian descent and his blood brother Han Pai (Bosco Wong). One wants to overturn the Ming Empire, whilst the other is the right hand man of Ming's founding emperor Zhu Yuanzhang and the two move from being brothers to sworn enemies. Currently appearing in the TVB aired series 'Twin of Brothers' as Kou Zhong, Raymond will be taking the lead again and Charmaine and Sonija will be playing the friend forever by his side Qin Qinyiao and the girl who betrays him Jin Bingyun respectively. The 'Tossing Rain Turning Cloud' title refers to the Mongolian 'Tossing Rain Sword' and the Central Plain's top weapon 'Turning Cloud Sabre' as Feng and Han's destinies are entwined in that of these two items of weaponry.

'Tossing Rain Turning Cloud' will be following the TVB tradition of old stars leading the new and apart from all the new and promoted youngsters, there will also be some veteran character actors in the casting line-up, such as John Chiang, Ko Hung, Suet Nei, Kwok Fung and Gordon Liu.

[Other cast members of the show include: Sharon Chan, Lee Tin Cheung, Sherming Yiu, Akina Wong, Jimmy Au, Derek Kok, Mimi Lo and Power Chan.]

Credits Em @ http://www.tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

#28 MiracleHope

MiracleHope

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 03:49 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

[Ta Kung Pao & The Sun]

TVB's new production "Tossing Rain Turning Cloud" held a blessing ceremony in Beijing earlier for its cast and crew before starting filming there. The show's cast includes Raymond Lam, Charmaine Sheh, Sonija Kwok, Sharon Chan and Sherming Yiu, who were the focus of the local press when they arrived.

The ceremony took place in a rural film studio and when they arrived, the cast immediately donned their costumes and took part in an incense offering and cutting of the roast pic. For many of the cast, this was their first visit to Huaiyou and they seemed very interested in the ancient street sets, comparing them with those at TVB City. When the mainland press saw the beautiful costumes, they were also very interested and praised the designs, especially the beautiful clothes worn by the girls. Although some of the artistes' Mandarin was only so-so, they all did their best to co-operate with the press.

Charmaine did not seem to break into a sweat despite wearing a thick costume and the soaring heat. She laughs that she had to film ancient shows not long after she entered showbiz, so maybe she is used to it all now and does not think much of it any more. Charmaine will be taking in the rest of the summer in Beijing and returning to Hong Kong in October.

As the wages are cheap on the mainland, almost all the cast have hired a local assistant and there is even a labour shortage, with some of the latecomers like Sherming Yiu only managing to hire male assistants. She says: "My assistant is dark and well built, so when Charmaine saw him, she laughed: 'Why have you hired a 'black hand' [illegal worker]?'. At first I wasn't very used to having a male assistant, but he is very responsible and it doesn't matter now."

http://www.takungpao...3/UL-293350.htm
http://the-sun.com.h...10907_0003.html

Credits to http://www.tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

#29 AutumnTears

AutumnTears

. x3 yoo .

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 04:35 PM

Posted Image
[Ta Kung Pao 28/08/04]

Sonija Kwok was reported once again earlier by a magazine to have split with boyfriend Deric Wan, but taking part in an event yesterday, she insists that they have not split and they are still dating, albeit past the initial stage of passionate love and now being happy by immersing themselves in their work.

Sonija says: "I have been flying around a lot lately, so I have not seem Deric very much lately. (Have you split up?) You ask so directly! (Don't want to turn corners with you.) It's still him, we haven't split and are still together. (Boyfriend/girlfriend or just friends?) Boy and girlfriends. (Still close?) Although we don't see each other as much, this has not affected our feelings for each other. We are just putting work first for now. (Not thought about getting married?) Not at all. (Do you not worry about your boyfriend being away?) I am confident in myself. (Are you not confident in him?) Not thought about it. (Does he trust you?) I don't know about him!"

Sonija has just returned to Hong Kong from Beijing, where she is filming "Tossing Rain Turning Cloud" and later she will be heading out to do some TVBI promotional activity in America. With her former rumoured boyfriend Moses Chan currently linked with Bernice Liu, she smiles: "I have said before that I have no comment."

http://www.takungpao...7/UL-298792.htm

Credits to Em - http://www.tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

#30 Guests

• Guests

Posted 07 September 2004 - 04:13 AM

did any1 see sonija in cali or ny over laborday weekend??

#31 AutumnTears

AutumnTears

. x3 yoo .

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:14 AM

Posted Image
[Ta Kung Pao 17/09/04]

Sonija Kwok, Anne Heung and Kevin Cheng headed over to America earlier to do a series of promotional events for TVBI. In the short space of a week, they went to Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York in what was a very packed schedule. Seeing the friendliness and enthusiasm of the fans at each venue, they were very happy and hopes that they can have the chance to go to even more places to do promotions.

Anne indicates that the fans that she met on this trip were very warm, having turned up a few hours earlier to wait for them and she was very touched by this, hoping to meet them again in the future. In LA, she was even supported by her own family and friends, so she was even happier. Sonija says that this trip to America was non-stop, having to fly almost every day, but luckily the response from fans was very good. As her series "Hidden Treasure" has already been released overseas, she was very pleased to receive praises for her improved acting,

As for Kevin, this was his first promotional trip for TVBI and he took some time out to have his photo taken at the venu for the US Open Tennis Tournament, but he did not have time to look around or meet his hero Andre Agassi.

http://www.takungpao...7/UL-306687.htm

#32 AutumnTears

AutumnTears

. x3 yoo .

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 08:22 PM

Posted Image
[Oriental Daily 19/09/04]

Sonija Kwok and Joe Ma were guests at the Causeway Bay Yacht Club for the "2004 Autumn Sailing Contest" modelling some latest Autumn Sailing fasions for a fashion label. Due the the hot weather, with temperatures up to 30 degrees C and the blazing noonday sun, the two were driipping with sweat and it seemed like very hard work for them.

Afterwards, Sonija and Joe were very professional and both says that the clothes they were modelling were very comfortable. Sonija said: "Although it was very hot today, but it was not as hot as the show I did earlier in America. That was also in the open, but it was much hotter than today." When Sonija was then asked whether she has been supporting her good friend Charmaine Sheh in "War and Beauty", she immediately indicated that she has and praised the show for being very entertaining, with excellent performances from all the cast.

With reports that with her recent change to a sexy image, Shirley Yeung will soon be replacing the sexy goddess position of Sonija, she says: "Everyone has their own beauty and there will always be comparisons, but I will not mind. (Have you seen Shirley's sexy photos?) No, I have not."

http://orientaldaily...ent_a63cnt.html

#33 iCySoUr21

iCySoUr21

aLeX & sHiRlEy

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 02:54 AM

i saw her in SF! So pretty! I was also in the front row too, so i got a very close view of her!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#34 Guests

• Guests

Posted 26 September 2004 - 05:31 AM

I like i like that "昭仁公主" in "perish_in_name_of_love" b/c she is rape enough. in chinese. or enough rape. ahhh dont' know how to say in english. you know what i mean like evil enough. Do you guys think so?

Edited by fairchild1430, 26 September 2004 - 06:20 AM.

#35 Guests

• Guests

Posted 26 September 2004 - 06:52 AM

Good acting for Sonjia. Better acting skills then when she was in Family Man

#36 chaoticangel

chaoticangel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 07:28 AM

her acting has improved for sure, but i didn't like her character at all. she seems to play evil ppl in these old series...

#37 wingsiw

wingsiw

AF friend

• AF-n00b
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 09:02 AM

Very Good acting in this serie, she portray this evil caracter perfectly. I was extremely impatient to see her die >:)

#38 Guests

• Guests

Posted 26 September 2004 - 09:38 AM

I watched part of the series on fairchild Tv. I liked her character cause she was so b*tchy, especially to her sister. SO, she died?? Interesting, maybe i should finish off that series.

#39 samtph77

samtph77

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 10:00 AM

I watched part of the series on fairchild Tv. I liked her character cause she was so b*tchy, especially to her sister. SO, she died?? Interesting, maybe i should finish off that series.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

totally agreed that she was so b*tchy in this series!!!!

#40 pooh_tau

pooh_tau

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 02:38 AM

yaa..i really hate her in this show too!!..she was soo mean!!...
but i guess since i really hate her...she did a really good job of acting it...heheh...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sonija kwok, kwok sin nei

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users