PERSONALPROFILE

credit : linichen.net
translated by winks

Name: Lin Yi Chen 林依晨
English: Ariel Lin
Japanese: アリエル リン
Korean: 임의신
Nickname: Nil.
However, there was a Senior with a secret crush on Ariel during her High School days,
who'd fervently called her “chocolate” for a period of time
although it petered out eventually.
(Actually, many people tend to call Ariel by her screen name
in each of her new drama after its respective broadcast.)

Birth Date 1982.10.29
Zodiac: Scorpio
Height: 160cm
Weight: Very light
Blood Type: A
Shoe Size: 23
Management Company: Choustar

Education:
Lu Chiang Elementary School
San Min Junior High School
Ming Lun Senior High School
National Chengchi University (Graduated with Korean Language Major)

Hidden Text:

Posted Image

BIOGRAPHY

Spoiler

AFGALLERIES
Spoiler

OFFICIALLINKS

Spoiler

Edited by Tiffiany_45, 15 November 2008 - 06:04 PM.

• rheasophia likes this

#2 swimfishyswim06

swimfishyswim06

Dancing with the daffodils

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4536 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 07:07 AM

Posted Image
Part 1|Part 2|Part 3|Part 4|Part 5

TVSERIES
Posted Image

Hidden Text:

MOVIES
Posted Image
Spoiler

HOSTING
Spoiler

DISCOGRAPHY
Posted Image
Spoiler

MVOGRAPHY
Posted Image

PUBLISHEDWORKS
Posted Image

ACHIEVEMENTS
Posted Image
Spoiler

SELECTEDWRITING
Spoiler

THANKSTO
Spoiler

-----
REMINDERS

- You are in Ariel's thread
- No spamming
- Do not go off-topic. It must be related to Ariel. Feel free to PM or leave a comment to each other.
- Only post 3 regular-sized pictures maximum, you may post the rest as thumbnails (up to 10) or links.
- Max one YouTube video per post (if using the youtube tags)
- Do not quote pictures, remove the [ IMG ] [/ IMG ] tags
- NO HOTLINKING

Posted Image

Edited by swimfishyswim06, 15 November 2008 - 09:05 PM.

• rheasophia likes this

#3 swimfishyswim06

swimfishyswim06

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4536 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 05:15 AM

ayayano, here's news on the fans waiting at the airport in Tokyo:

Updates on Skip Beat press con from reaz:
updates!!
i thought Jerry and Ariel are to go seperately, but they are going together to Japan.
and Fenny (jerry's asst) will be w/ him.

thanks to jms@nbbbs.com for live report

at abt 7am plus, Ariel, Director Niu & Fenny were seen at the Taiwan airport. later Jerry appeared, very good mood , smiling & showing his dimple & greeting everyone, wearing a black cap & the white jacket that was said to have been given by fans during the Japan concert. lots of fans at the airport today to send Jerry off .

accdg to Japan's fans, there are already about 500 ppl at Japan airport waiting (fatty2: Jerry's plane only arrive Japan at abt 12 noon).

i think Jerry & Ariel's plane has landed/ will be landing very soon.

airport pic..
about 1,000 fans waiting...

http://ameblo.jp/jer...0110874986.html

#4 ~Sw33tz~

~Sw33tz~

♥ing Jaejae

• Forum Masters
  • 5157 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 06:11 AM

wow....
this is beautifully done :)
although AFz is probably not a thing u people need that much, I will be sending out some for the fantastic work. Deserves some recognition :)

Today, is the airing of LOB... I am terribly excited, and is willing to stay up to watch it. But I have to wake up at 6.30am, and by the time the users upload and everything it is a nice 4am. So Ariel, sorry~~ I shall be tuning in later:) But I am sure her performance would be beautiful!!!

She is such a beautiful person in and out of her skin... :) comfortable to be herself, and never afraid to be herself! Love her ^^

#5 bluelila

bluelila

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 06:17 AM

Yeah!!! Part 6 is here. Great job Tiff and Swim. clapclap
This new drama EC seems to be highly anticipated. Sounds like Ariel will get to take her acting skill to another level. Since I didn't know who Jerry was, I decided to take a peak at his thread. OMG, he has some serious stalkers. :wacko: , not sure that's good or bad for Ariel.

Thanks Didaries for the LOCH link.

#6 Didaries

Didaries

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2459 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 06:32 AM

wow.. you two did a very great job as the TS.. Tiff and Swim!!! Thanks!!
It's so beautiful... I'm so proud to be a part of this family..

and everybody.. let me say it again.. welcome to the ariel thread part 6
and let's support Ariel Lin forever..

LOB will air tonight.. don't forget to watch..

haha.. bluelila.. some serious stalkers..
IMO SB will be a good chance for ariel to gain some more recognition in japan..

hmm.. I guess ariel and jerry had a lot of time to get know each other better on the plane.. or maybe they have had a secret meeting with the director and the others to discuss SB..
no matter what.. I hope to see a great chemistry between the two of them...

Edited by swimfishyswim06, 16 November 2008 - 07:14 AM.

#7 SwtAznAngel530

SwtAznAngel530

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 06:50 AM

Hello there!

Great job Tiffiany and Swim on part 6! The thread provides so much information and is thoroughly done. It's great to come to a place that is constantly updated with information about my fave actress. Thank you again for making such a wonderful place. :D

Edited by SwtAznAngel530, 16 November 2008 - 06:51 AM.

#8 xtlover15

xtlover15

all around kpopper

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27068 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 06:56 AM

11/15/08

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Source: QQ

#9 ayayano

ayayano

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:35 AM

OMG!! The profile parts are soooooo beautiful!! It makes me happy just reading it :D
And Kirei's fanvid - just WOW!! I love how she puts Ariel's small acts (on entertainment shows) together^^

Thanks swim - a friend who's an Ariel fan went, but she said she could only see Jerry ^_^* I guess she was too short or too far away. lol

Like Didaries says, Ariel acting in Extravagant Challenge will be a good chance for her to make all those Jerry fans fall in love with her -
Actually, a lot of people love her already here...but we don't have an Ariel fanclub (I'm thinking of making one when I have more time:-D), and there are very few fanblogs about her. Most fans are "male artists first, female artists second", and there's a huge gap of enthusiam there.lol
But recently I'm sensing sth good. A lot of people knew her only through Joe in ISWAK&TKA, and didn't want to watch her other series (bc of the image thing). But ever since she acted in LoB, more and more ppl are beggining to see what a versatile actress she is. Especially after the "Road to Queen of Drama" clip that came out last month, I saw some ppl saying "I didn't know she could act this good!", and begin to take more interest in her.

I really wish she would be admired by an even wider audience, and become noticed by famous directors!!! Someone offer her a good drama that will show off her abilities to full extent!!!
I just hope Jerry fans won't be too jealous of her! hehe~~ But then, I remember there were only a few kissinng scenes, so possibly it won't be a problem~

Hey the red dress looks cute - I love her numbered necklace! It looks like a terrifically difficult accessory to match. lol
Btw, does anyone know if she will cut her hair for SB? I remember her saying be4 that she was ready to have it cut?

*warning* Don't read this if you're a huge SB fan!
Spoiler

Edited by ayayano, 16 November 2008 - 10:26 AM.

#10 lolita88

lolita88

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 10:02 AM

wow,,congratz Tiffany and Swim..great job..
i love the banner for part 6...
and Xiao fan...
all of you doing great job for new home for ariel at AF...hehehe..

Oh my God,,i'm so excited with Skip Beat..tomorrow jerry and ariel will held a pressconf..
and today is first eps of LOB right..?!
can't wait to see ariel as shan mei...

xtlover,,thanx for sharing cute pics of arjoe...hohoho,,joe is so sweet..he catches the bread or try to kiss ariel?hahahaha...

#11 xtlover15

xtlover15

all around kpopper

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27068 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 10:55 AM

lolita88: Your welcome :). I feel so giddy when i saw those pictures :).

More Pictures from TOM:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#12 swimfishyswim06

swimfishyswim06

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4536 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:08 AM

Please remember to keep voting for Ariel… looks like we can vote at least once a day (not sure if more): http://games.sina.co...936303104.shtml
Ariel’s in second place again, just behind by a little… fighting!

Who’s ready for LOB?!!! I can’t believe it’s airing tonight. Looking forward to seeing how Ariel handles a role like Shan Mei, and of course, her brand new chemistry with Joe and her other co-stars :D

Hee hee, I found a pic of Ariel arriving with Jerry at the airport in Tokyo, even if it’s really blurry:
Posted Image
Credit to Jerry’s baidu bar

Tons of LOB articles out today:
http://ent.163.com/0...0U00031GVS.html
Love the pic here – Joe looks so funny… going in for the kill/kiss :D Ariel looks like she’s about to get the apple shot off her head. Ooh, and check out the article…. There’s a clip with it too!
Posted Image

Next one’s already translated and posted by indescribable here (thanks indescribable!)
http://asianfanatics...talk599910.html

This article mentioned that the LOB screening event/promo was at Shilin Night Market, and that both Ariel and Joe will be singing on the LOB OST:
http://ent.qq.com/a/...16/000089_1.htm

Lol at the pic on this one…
http://1-apple.com.t...art_id=31144909

Of course, some of the best pics of the LOB promo are from Tungstar, but Tungstar won’t let us post their pics here =(
http://news.xinhuane...nt_10365244.htm
http://ent.sina.com....272252918.shtml

Ariel also said that Shan Mei is the closest character to her real-life self.

Broadcast schedules of LOB programs with Ariel:
Spoiler

Another LOB pic, credit to arjoezs for uploading (xt already got the Tom pics I uploaded :D ):
Posted Image

Love these pics of Ariel with the HIV babies/children and AIDS orphans:
Posted Image
I really like the expression of aah/wonder on Ariel’s face at holding such a soft, tiny baby in her arms.

Posted Image Posted Image
Glad we get to see some pics of Ariel promoting a cause that she really gets fired up about. AIDS awareness is a great cause to promote, but it still has some stigma attached to it. I think people tend to forget about all the AIDS orphans who get left behind (and/or who get HIV from their parents, too), so I’m glad Ariel’s into *both* prevention (of HIV) and helping those already impacted by it (whether the patients or the orphans).

Ayayano, that’s pretty cool that Ariel’s getting noticed by more people in Japan… for her versatility/ALL of her roles (not just ISWAK/TKA). Hope Skip Beat/EC will get her more exposure in Japan, because I think she likes it there and might want to break further into the market. I think most Jerry fans will be cool with Ariel… they tend to like all of his co-stars, as long as they don’t insult him/say bad things about him on purpose. (i.e. they like just about ALL of his co-stars)

I’ll agree with you on Skip Beat…
Spoiler

Ah, I forgot to mention that I really like Ariel's numbers necklace, too. Who would ever think of making/wearing a necklace made out of numbers? It looks so cool, though... and it even fits with the "Love or Bread" theme in a way. Will red be Ariel's new color after her Huang Rong yellow days? I hope so, 'cause it looks great on her! :thumbsup

Edited by swimfishyswim06, 16 November 2008 - 02:48 PM.

#13 Didaries

Didaries

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2459 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:45 AM

ayayano
ariel said that herself.. that she wants to act in Glass of Mask? it's been my dream since the first time I read that manga.. it's an excelent manga! and I think it's better than SB too.. I would love to see her as Maya Kitajima for sure and I certainly absolutely would love to see the taiwanese version of glass of mask!

I guess. it's not just a money problem.. but also the length of the manga itself..

I do agree.. I don't want SB becomes too comical.. sometimes I hate that kind of aspect in taiwanese drama..

haha.. I guess so.. there will no problem with kissing scenes.. since it's not that much.. lol..

I begin to think that ariel will not cut her hair at all for SB.. I don't know .. maybe she will surprise us tomorrow ..
I know what you meant.. so many people think that ariel as dumb as XQ.. and then they'll get shocked after seeing her in her other drama.. hehe..

swim
thanks for the pics.. I agree ariel looks so lovely in red.. lady in red.. and red is more sexy than yellow..

#14 mei0fthevilla

mei0fthevilla

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1169 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:03 PM

Hello Everyone. Congratulations on the new thread!

Just wanna drop this for you girls here:

Subbed Bai Wan Xiao Xue Tang at http://iswakfansubs.blogspot.com ---> Everything Arjoe

And vote for TKA on the 2008 Online Stars poll! ---> ANNOUCEMENTS section

LoB tonight! Visit us during the week for the subbed episodes!

Posted Image

- - - - -

PS/ Swim, hahahaha, what are you saying? All those pictures are JUST for promotion. But then again, we only see Ariel in that kind of pictorial, sitting comfotably on Joe's lap, Hihi. Let's take a look at it again...

Posted Image

Oh yeah, you remember this?

Posted Image

Hahaha, this time lying comfortably there.. hihi. I just love Arjoe! teheheee

Edited by yipeeyey, 16 November 2008 - 12:07 PM.

#15 xtlover15

xtlover15

all around kpopper

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27068 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:09 PM

Ariel Lin to act Skip Beat

Posted Image

One of Taiwan's favorite actress, Ariel Lin, is going to star in a new drama with Jerry Yan.

This new drama will be titled “華麗的挑戰 Extravagant Challenge”. Ariel Lin recently told the public that she wanted to act this new drama with Jerry Yan because he is very hard-working, and it seemed to have come true.

This new drama is an adaption from the Japanese manga and live action drama, Skip Beat. Ariel Lin and Jerry Yan will play the two leading roles. Ariel Lin will be Mogami Kyoko and Jerry Yan will play as Tsuruga Ren.

Directors wanted Joe Cheng to play one of the lead roles, but Jerry Yan took it. There will also be a press conference on November 17, 2008 in Tokyo, Japan.

There hasn't been sneak peeks of this new drama, but there is more to come. This new drama will air on 2009.

Source: kojaproductions
Credit: '이반네♥ @ Asian Ent. News Thread

#16 Didaries

Didaries

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2459 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:22 PM

thanks yipeeyey for the pics..
I've just found some pics in choustar..
dunno these pics have been posted or not before..

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/choustar

Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 swimfishyswim06

swimfishyswim06

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4536 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 03:18 PM

Aww, found a little fan clip of Jerry and Ariel’s arrival (mostly focused on Jerry, but you can see a little of Ariel at the beginning… she looks so elegant in her coat). It was cute how the fans said “Ariel… Ariel,” too. (*cough* I can’t take a lot of screaming fangirls, but I guess I understand, ‘cause I’d be beyond thrilled if I got to meet Ariel in person :D ). The guy in red is Dir. Niu, by the way.

credit to user yuki6912

Also, fans description of arrival at the airport in Tokyo, thanks to san18 in Jerry thread:
http://asianfanatics...s...t&p=5611898
Lol, guess Ariel and Jerry didn't get to talk on the plane after meeting after all, since Jerry was sleeping during the whole flight over? (Maybe Ariel was, too, considering their schedules).

I’m confused… why was Ariel mentioned in this Guessx3 clip?
http://6.cn/plist/43355/2.html

Edited by swimfishyswim06, 16 November 2008 - 03:32 PM.

#18 Didaries

Didaries

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2459 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 03:30 PM

I've just found some pics in linyichen.com

I don't know if these were taken in japan or taiwan..
credit : linyichen.com
Posted Image
Posted Image

ayayano
I've just got this info.. hope it helps..

17 Nov 2008, Monday
Press conference @ Tokyo
Issue Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel B2F (banquet hall)

swim..
thank for the clip..
there is another clip in jerry's thread..
so jerry was sleeping.. haha.. I guess they didn't get to chat then..

Edited by Didaries, 16 November 2008 - 03:42 PM.

#19 swimfishyswim06

swimfishyswim06

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4536 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 03:47 PM

didarling, not absolutely positive, but I'm guessing it's in Taiwan when the fans came to send Ariel and Jerry off, 'cause I think she looked slightly different when she was in Japan... could be wrong, though. (since it's fbiclaire, though, I don't think I'm wrong... unless fbi flew out to Japan to cheer Ariel on!) Aww, Ariel looks so warmly dressed (wonder if she was dressed warmly 'cause Tokyo is chilly now). Aww, I'm a little disappointed... if the timing was right, Ariel and me might even have flown on the same flight back to Taiwan. Oh well, I'll miss her by a few days, lol.

^^awesome, finally the press con info's released! lol, no times on it, though. I guess they're expecting people to be camping out all day anyway, regardless of the time!

Who's watching LOB on PPS?? :D

Edited by swimfishyswim06, 16 November 2008 - 03:49 PM.

#20 Didaries

Didaries

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2459 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 04:05 PM

swim
Spoiler

yeah.. I too think those pics were taken in taiwan.. I love her sunglasses..
hmm.. I don't think it's cold in tokyo right now.. well.. I am not so sure tho.. haha..

yup.. now we know where the press conf will be held.. hope to see plenty of pics tomorrow!

#21 ronacious

ronacious

HANA KIWI:Toma♥Rona♥Chun

• Forum Masters
  • 3277 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 04:29 PM

*raises hand* ME!!!! swim, I am watching it over at PPS and I hate it!!! I so so hate it! THAT PPS KEEPS ON GIVING ME A BLACK SCREEN! aiyoh! but the little i saw of Ariel and Joe ...waaaaaah...I AM VERY VERY HAPPY! My friend who is watching it on tv via cable (lucky!!!) sent me an sms telling me that she is watching the series and is loving Ariel and Joe. haha...haven't been to the LOB thread though..gatchie told me that someone is doing live translations..i am just gonna wait for someone to upload the vids..since PPS is getting my blood pressure real high. haha. imagine...it works perfectly fine during LOB COMMERCIALS! aiyoh!

anyways...i came to say CONGRATS to TIFFY MEI AND SWIM for doing a fantastic job! i thought it was only gonna be Tiffy who'd be the TS..but as they say..two heads are better than one ne? so congrats u two! i love what u did. and green is the motiff of the thread eh? how come u chose that color? to reflect ur personalities? heeheehee..I'm kidding lah! i haven't read everything though..but congrats to everyone who has helped in the TS and to everyone who has made part 6 possibel!

as always..haven't backread..i am not that online lately...so having a hard time really...and i may not reply to posts from part 5....gomen ne??

anyways (again)!!! I like Ariel's necklace! the one with the numbers! aaah..can I have? heehee..and finally it is confirmed eh? ARiel and Jerry for skipeat..i only skimmed page 1..so will have to read first the stuff posted in here before i can comment which i hope i can do soon!

I hope that LoB would prove to be a great series..and that the filiming of Skip Beat would run smoothly! errr..why is the presscon going to be held in Japan? did ISWAK hold a presscon there as well..hmm..i know that while filming TKA , ARiel, Joe and Jiro did go to Japan..but was that a TKA presscon? can't remember that it was...

oh and those pix of Ariel with them kids..awww...it's lovely. I am happy once again that ARiel's celeb status can help raise awareness and help afflicted children.

again...Tiffy Mei and SWim, Congrats for a wonderful TS! u did us ARiel fans proud. and I am certain u did Ariel proud us well! Posted Image

waaaah..i was at page 50 of part 5, and saw that it is a trio that worked on the TS!!!

Posted Image Tiffy Mei, Swim and Xiao Fan Posted Image
Congratulations!!!
Great job you three!!!

xiao fan, my message there for Tiffy and Swim applies to u as well...hehe...sorry i didn't know u were working on the TS as well..my bad...

Sw33tz, obviously..i wasn't able to work with the great trio for Ariel's TS...hopefully..i'll get my chance on Ariel's future TS. Posted Image

oh...as i edit this post..i have been to LOB thread..and someone said how great Ariel was...no lines but her facial expressions are really amazing..oh well....we already know that don't we? but still..i love reading such posts..hehe...GBA's best actress is at it again! yeah!

EDIT: wahahaah...i have just received a deathnote from gatchie becoz she said that she didn't tell me that there are live translations over at LOB thread but that is what i know that she told me but according to her that is not what she said and went on to tell me some other thing but i said that she didn't tell me that..and before i get everyone else confused...SORRY GUYS! NO LIVE TRANSLATIONS OVER AT LOB THREAD! gomen ne? forgive gatchie (and yeah me! ahaha).

Edited by ronacious, 16 November 2008 - 06:32 PM.

#22 Hectic

Hectic

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 06:08 PM

Wow, finally Part 6.. :yeah
Thanks Tiffany, Swim and Xian Fan for doing such a fantastic job :thumbsup

Swim,

Regarding the Guessx3 clip that you posted, it just saying the guy look like Ariel.
Argg, I wont be watching LOB until the dvd is out at my country which will be a few months later.
Hope I can withstand the temptation.. :crying:

沈春华Life秀 2008年11月16日 郑元畅 林依晨 (Credit to user DelayTV)
Part 1 -
Part 2 -
Part 3 -
Part 4 -
Part 5 -

Just sharing this clip of Ariel singing in the background during the screening event.
2008/11/15我的億萬麵包士林首映會(依晨唱歌篇)

Jerry and Ariel at the airport Version 2
Credit to user jerryspmv
http://tw.youtube.co...h?v=JdLkBULXTTs

A bit more on Ariel but mainly still on Jerry. Jerry fans base is huge. Ariel feel so left out.

Edited by Hectic, 17 November 2008 - 03:00 AM.

#23 Didaries

Didaries

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2459 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 06:53 PM

hi everyone..
you can watch LOB in these links..

tudou (2 parts)
http://www.tudou.com...ew/jAeyKGd7w30/
http://www.tudou.com...ew/htqLO8rjE_I/

youku
http://v.youku.com/v...id_XNTM4MDU4NTY
http://v.youku.com/v...id_XNTM4MDcxNjQ

#24 Tiffiany_45

Tiffiany_45

Vic + Ariel = FATE

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4057 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 07:04 PM

Thanks for all the kind words everyone!!!

Rona Jie!!! :hug I want that necklace as well! You have to share it with me!

-

Anyway, I know a lot of you are really excited about Love or Bread airing today, but I have to say that I'm WAY more freakin' stoked to see the Extravagant Challenge press conference!!!! I'm such a weird person! I can't believe how wicked ecstatic I am about EC!!!

Thank you, everyone, for searching through the other threads for the Jerry vids, so I can catch glances at my beautiful Ariel.

It is SOOO funny watching her in those clips!!! She knows they're not there for her and she's just kinda walking/hanging about until she can get to where she needs to go. She is really cute though. I like how she got out of the way so Jerry's fans could enjoy their love. She didn't just stand by him and try to share the limelight. She is so considerate.

Also, I have to say, that Jerry is very generous and appreciative of his fans. He looked adorable going and making his fans feel that it was worth it to have stayed for most likely HOURS at the airport just to catch a glimpse of him. He looks like a really sweet guy.

-

Even though I'm excited about EC more, I am really interested to see how LoB turned out. I prolly won't be around the LoB thread much because I wait until an entire drama is finished being subbed before I watch it, but I will love to hear general comments about how the drama is!!! I'm anxious to see how it will turn out and how the Ariel/Joe chemistry works outside of ZS/XQ.

-

And I want to thank Hectic, swim, and xiao fan for the BEAUTIFUL pics of Ariel with the babies with AIDS!!! Those pics almost made me cry! Ariel is such a wonderfully beautifully souled person. I love her with my whole heart! :wub:

~Tiffiany~

Edited by Tiffiany_45, 16 November 2008 - 07:18 PM.

#25 AndLoveYelledNO

AndLoveYelledNO

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1052 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:59 PM

Och, my previous post was deleted.
Just wanted to say what a beautiful job you guys did! Our thread looks fantastic. I almost don't want to get off this page so I can keep looking at it :)

Tiffany, I actually agree with you. I'm way more excited over EC because it's a new collaboration and a new challenge for Ariel. I've read a lot of SB so i'm also very interested in seeing how their interpretation.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by AndLoveYelledNO, 17 November 2008 - 12:29 AM.

• Setsuka likes this

#26 Sauli

Sauli

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1005 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:56 PM

I think Jerry and Ariel are getting to know each other a lot more now. They seem so comfy. I'm really looking foward to see them collaborating now. And Ariel look so pretty. I love her sunglasses. I don't know how many time I have said this but..... I love her hair!

LOB first episode was quite hilarious. I think the upcoming episode will be quite interesting. Now I can't wait for the press conference for EC.

#27 Hectic

Hectic

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 01:18 AM

Dunno why after reading thru the news for today, i feel so heartpain for Ariel :crying:
Even thou I know Japan favours male more then female...

News Update 17 Nov
(Credit to linyichen.com)

[2008-11-17] 新戲赴日開鏡 言承旭享受20萬元總統套房
Spoiler

[2008-11-17] 言承旭2000粉絲接駕 林依晨遭冷落快閃
Spoiler

(圖文/記者陳慧貞)

【2008/11/17 聯合報】 「華麗的挑戰」開鏡 住一晚12萬 暴龍赴日高規格禮遇
Spoiler

【2008/11/17 东风娱乐】为亿万面包 小综没羞耻心
Spoiler

A lot of pictures from the LOB screening event
(Credit to http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=502784333)
http://www.wretch.cc...i...mma&book=81

Edited by Hectic, 17 November 2008 - 01:25 AM.

#28 Rikayla

Rikayla

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 02:37 AM

^ ;_____; Major sadface.

If it wasn't for Ariel, I wouldn't even pay attention to this drama.
If it wasn't for Ariel, I wouldn't know wth Bryant Chang is. <3
If it wasn't for Ariel, I wouldn't even pay attention to Taiwanese entertainment at all!

She could start a Taiwanese wave with her fandom~~

Or wait, she already has :whistle. 8D

#29 Didaries

Didaries

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2459 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 03:21 AM

me three.. I'm so freaking excited about EC too.. new couple.. new chemistry! and it's great to see ariel collaborate with different actor.. it's a fresh pairing.. and I can't wait to see how great it'd be..

more pics from the narita airport..
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

and more info
the presscon is at 3pm

#30 ronacious

ronacious

HANA KIWI:Toma♥Rona♥Chun

• Forum Masters
  • 3277 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 03:58 AM

haha Tiffy, no prob will share it with you as soon as I get my hands on that necklace. lol. errr...if u didn't notice..I am actually like u..haha...we were both so active at the TKA subforum while TKA was filming but once the series started...I vanished. heehee..I also like watching a series in one go...though sometimes..i would take a peek on an episode ....

I wasn't that excited for EC before...but after seeing the pix...weee...I am now excited. as didar said...new couple...new chemistry...wanna see how Ariel and Jerry are together on screen...the pix posted look like they are going to have fun...i thought there would be like awkward moments...but don't see any...Jerry looks real happy..could it be coz it's his dream come true? working with Ariel? hehe...i feel weird as well being excited for a Jerry/Ariel collab coz they are a new onscreen couple when I have been saying before how much i want Ariel/Joe together and Ariel/Chun..waaah....

Tiffy
Spoiler

#31 Didaries

Didaries

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2459 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 04:14 AM

rona
Spoiler

more pics..
credit LYC bar
Posted Image
Posted Image

anyone see the clip how jerry rubbed his hands on ariel's arms?? simply at that moment.. I got goosebumps.. just like seeing kyoko and ren even before they get into the character.. ah I know I'm crazy..

#32 swimfishyswim06

swimfishyswim06

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4536 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:19 AM

Link to a whole bunch of LOB press con clips/pics: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=502783722

More pics of Ariel and Wu Jian Fei from LOB: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=502782225

Stills of Ariel from LOB Ep. 1 (LOL): http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=502774427

Extravagant Challenge gallery is up and running! http://gallery.asian...p...bs&aid=4030

Ayayano, wanted to post this fast for you, just in case (thanks to Myvi in the Jerry thread and as credited):
credits: yoa@nbbbs.com
thanks to jerrina@tsinoy.com

"Grand challenge" open-press conference
( "grand challenges Zhan ~ Skip Beat ~" production will be released)

Time: November 17, 2008 (a) 15:00
(Shibuya district of Tokyo Sakura Hill-cho 26-1)

http://www.ceruleantower.com/

Didarling, Ariel brings those sunglasses w/ her everywhere *grin* Maybe Ariel bundle up because the plane was cold?

Rona! I just finished watching the whole ep. 1 of LOB, and I’m quite pleasantly surprised. It’s even funnier than I expected it would be, and I really like Ariel’s character so far! Plus, Ariel and Joe are totally different (though I could already sense that at the press cons and stuff… kudos to them for giving off completely different chemistry… have to agree w/ your friend; if anything, ArJoe’s going to be even more lovable than before… once you get past F & SM’s arguing, haha). Really hope Ariel stops in here and checks out our thread for her sometime when she has time <3 Wanna sign up for Part 7 TS now? I’ll put you in the Part 6 TS as “Claimed: Part 7…. Rona dear!”

Uh ohh, you’re in trouble! No live translations?!!!! Hehe, it’s okay, I’m sure the TKA Subbers will sub LOB fairly quickly… they always do a great job w/ getting out timely subs.

Hectic, lol, that guy on Guessx3 was really cute and androgynous-looking, but he didn’t look like Ariel to me. The clip of Ariel singing along with her song for LOB was really cute… she got so into it :D I definitely like this song even more than “Ni”… it’s more mature-sounding, and the tune’s already stuck in my head.

At first, I was bummed that there didn’t seem to be any Ariel fans, but I got over it, because Ariel didn’t really mind, and her fans went both to the TW airport and the Tokyo airport. Plus, some of the Jerry fans were yelling out Ariel’s name when she came out, too (it sounded so cute when they were calling “Ari-elle.. Ari-elle…”

TW media are kinda being jerks about it, though. Ah well, Ariel’s happy, so I’m happy. Heard they had a lost luggage scare, but it turned out to be okay, I think.

x-WISHFULthinking translated one of the Jerry/Ariel at the airport articles (they’re mostly the same) already here: http://asianfanatics...p;#entry5614364 (example of the media trying to stir up ire)

Is anyone able to translate the new LOB article Hectic just posted? I think it has insight from Ariel, Joe, Rui Jia, Wen Xing, Angus, etc on their roles in LOB.

Tiff, I agree, the clips were funny, ‘cause Ariel’s just like “Okay, lah, I’ll just hang out here and chill.” She appreciates every fan that comes out to support her, but she’s never been one to seek out attention. She just graciously stepped aside to let Jerry have time with his fans. It was sweet, too, how Jerry went to get Ariel to pull her into the pic with him, and also so they could walk together.

Alyn, I love that pic of Jerry and Ariel doing the Titantic pose… haha, so cute how they just met and are already joking around :D (interesting, b/c Jerry fans said that he’s also a person who takes his time opening up to people) Of course, these are just the airport pics… I’m sure Ariel and Jerry will have more time to get to know each other and discuss their roles during the next couple months on the set =)

Sauli, I love Ariel’s hair, too. It looks so nice layered/with the highlights. I’m impressed/happy with how comfy Ariel and Jerry already seem around each other.

Rikayla, I love your taste in actors/actresses :D You should post more often here (and in Rui Jia’s thread… I’m talking to myself in there!) Hrm, but I don’t mind that Ariel didn’t have as many fans in Japan as Jerry. One of Jerry’s biggest fanbases is in Japan. Ariel has a huge fanbase in TW and China, but not yet in Japan. If Ariel was unhappy, I’d be unhappy… but she’s cool with the way things are and is happy with taking on this project, so it’s all good =)

Didarling, hehe, I saw that moment… seriously, how can Ariel and Jerry be so cute already? They just met! Hmm, I do think they’re already channeling a bit of Ren and Kyoko there :D

Note to all: watch LOB!

:hug to all of the Ariel fam and welcome to all visitors!

Edited by swimfishyswim06, 17 November 2008 - 08:06 AM.

#33 JenTOP.ForeveR

JenTOP.ForeveR

빅뱅 ♥ 탑뇽

• Forum Masters
  • 11596 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:46 AM

first time in Ariel's part 6 thread. she's so pretty in the pics of her with Jerry! anyway, how was LOB's pilot airing last night? :D

pics from baidu
http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=502916546

Posted Image

Posted Image

#34 swimfishyswim06

swimfishyswim06

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4536 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:28 AM

Hazel, thanks for the pretty pics of Ariel and fans =) Lol, at first, I was staring at the pics of Ariel and the fans, wondering why Ariel’s blouse looked so familiar and if those were really Japanese fans in Tokyo. Then, I translated the caption and realized it was the missing pics that went w/ the fan’s blog entry from the Nanjing LOCH promo in October.

LOB’s pilot ep was pretty good… I laughed a lot and cried a few times. Really like Ariel’s character in it so far. Totally un-Xiang Qin (and Joe is very un-Zhi Shu as well). Hee hee, Ariel and Joe are quite cute as Frank & Shan Mei, even when they’re mad/annoyed with each other (which is often).

More pics of Ariel, Joe and LOB cast from fbiclaire, with links to more:
http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=502918199
Isn’t the first so cute?

Stills from David Tao’s Angel MV, featuring Ariel:
http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=502819039

By the way, did anyone notice that all of Ariel’s MVs in the Part 6 TS are linked to the YT MVs? It was Tiff’s brilliant work/planning :D So, if you’ve missed seeing any of the MVs Ariel’s been in, go watch now! My faves (for the video/story part) are Lonely Flight (2001), Paper Airplane (2001), Angel (2002), She’s Having My Baby (2002), Lonely Northern Hemisphere (2004), Waiting For You (2004), Born in a Troubled Time (2004), Practical Joke (2005), Hao Pengyou (2006) and Lunia War Song (2007). (Lonely Flight always shocks me a bit, because umm, well, you watch it and see what you think. They seem so pure and innocent, though).
Wonder if an MV will be released for Ariel’s ending theme for LOB?

Apparently, the EC press con’s already over (started at 3:30 today), but it was only for press, no fans. So, we gotta wait for news release in the AM.

P.S.
Spoiler

Edited by swimfishyswim06, 17 November 2008 - 09:42 AM.

#35 cherryblossoms_8

cherryblossoms_8

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:03 AM

Congrats to Tiffany, Swim & Xiao Fan for such a great job creating Part 6 .
Belated congrats to Swim on your promotion to crew .
Thanks Hectics for posting that clear clip of Jerry & Ariel at the airport. You are so fast with finding clips .

[anyone see the clip how jerry rubbed his hands on ariel's arms?? simply at that moment.. I got goosebumps.. just like seeing kyoko and ren even before they get into the character.. ah I know I'm crazy..
[/quote]

I totally agree with you DIDARIES . It gave me a nice feeling about this pair - their chemistry would be great . Can't wait to see their collaboration . I'm glad this drama is finally starting productions as it gives Ariel wider exposure to other overseas market .
Have been rewatching the Happy camp clips - does anyone agree with me that Xie Na & the male host ( he was in the drama Don't Love Me or Till death do us part with Hu Ge ) was hoping that Ariel would name Hu Ge as they were both surprised when she answered .
Loved Ariel & Hu Ge in LOCH-hope they get awards for their portrayal - best onscreen couple !!!

Waves to Xiao Fan , Swim , Scotchgirl & the 6 guests

Edited by cherryblossoms_8, 17 November 2008 - 10:04 AM.

#36 nzabanal

nzabanal

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:10 AM

Let me have some side comments in the press conference being held in Japan...

I personally do not know if I would be happy or sad with this collaboraiton of Ariel Lin and Jerry Yan.. Perhaps on the side of Ariel lin it is an opportunity for her get into a wider market and besides the storyline..I beleived she wants to portray..

My only regrets was that in the other threads.. while in the Press Conference.. Thopugh I may see Jerry Yan is popular in Japan.. as if the venue appears that Extravagant Challenge is Jerry yan's solo series since his picture only appears around the lobby of the press conference.. I just do hope I am wrong...Since I was reading the story itself Extravagant Challeng I presupposed a Jerry yan and Arie Lin combinig collaboration...

On the otehr hand.. iw elcome this new collaboration.. It is just so sad.. I felt for Ariel Lin..but anyhow I know on Ariel Lin's side she has always a wider understanding of everything.. i hope this will give Ariel Lin the right merits for this series..

#37 Originale

Originale

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2001 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:35 AM

OMG u guys are just too fast.. all of a sudden PART 6 IS OPENED!!
Thanx to everyone who is able to make this possible.

Anwyzz..YAY for new images of Ariel with new actors--------Jerry Yan!! So fresh to see them.

#38 Hectic

Hectic

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:43 AM

Pictures from the EC event.. :thumbsup

http://mainichi.jp/e...568.html?inb=yt
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Credit to Tieba

Edited by Hectic, 17 November 2008 - 11:45 AM.

#39 NuDaFu

NuDaFu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 12:13 PM

Even though I said it in part 5, allow me to once again thank Swim, Tiffany and Xiao Fan for setting up part 6. Belissimo!

Hectic's most recent LOB post (translated):

Lin Yi Chen and her silverscreen best buddy Zheng Yuan Chang, together with Zhang Rui Jia, Zhang, Zhang Jia Hui, Huang Wen Xing represented the new show 'LOB' in a special interview [conducted] by 'East Wind Entertainment News'.

Even though this will be their 3rd collaboration, Joe and Ariel are both not worried about any lack of novelty, even joking that hopefully in 10 years time, they can be challenged with a father and daughter pairing! The drama this time calls for an exaggerated performance, [where] Joe laughingly [admits] that filming this show allowed no shame for him. Joe also hopes this time, by gleaning some luck from his good friend Lin Yi Chen, he can strike the Golden Bell and become 'Film King'.

Green performer Huang Wen Xing, beside being ridiculed for having a 'rural air', faces a 'test' of his performing [ability], as well as [being pushed to the frontlines] by his seniors to suffer the cruel punishment from 'wasabi wheel biscuits', as a result, being reduced to tears and a runny nose, making him sigh with: "The calamities of newbies".

Made idol drama records by finishing filming in [just] 35 days. Zhang Jia Hui jokes he didn't even dare to chew the rice of his sushi, fearing to delay the progress of [filming]. Lin Yi Chen also expressed that she could only eat when her own scenes weren't being filmed - female stars lose weight during filming ba.

The rest of the article is non-Ariel centric, but basically...

Spoiler

Cool! Ariel's dress in the EC conference reminds me of a kimono (a short one maybe...not a yukata though).

Edited by NuDaFu, 17 November 2008 - 12:18 PM.

#40 angel_leigh

angel_leigh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 12:21 PM

hi guys! congratulations on your 6th thread. though it's my 1st time to post, i really really do liked Ariel for a while now. and now that i think about it, she's my fave Taiwanese actress and I'm really excited she's working with Jerry. I know she's a very hardworking girl as Jerry is too. As I've read she's slow to open up to people as the case with Jerry too. I believe they'll have a great time doing EC. Hoping all the best for them and their serial.

Hmm, I believe Jerry and Ariel fans would get along well. As it seems our idols are much similar.

P.S. I apologise for the stupid news. I am embarassed with the way the media makes it sounds so I admire Ariel even more for being a humble person.

Jia You girls!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users