AF needs funding again

Photo

World Domination: Mexican magazine features DBSK (after previous coverage from Peru, Chile & Spain)

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 leadjaY

leadjaY

I'm waiting..♥

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3189 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 12:46 PM

Yet ANOTHER special feature article on the great phenomenon & sensation called DBSK / Tohoshinki / TVXQ, by another completely far off and non-Asian country that one would never have thought would consider covering Kpop/Jpop.

A weekly Mexican entertainment magazine recently had a large page dedicated to the group, mentioning their immense popularity around the world in countries like Korea, Japan and Taiwan. They even went as far as to suggest that DBSK is ready to conquer Mexico!

Might we suggest that DBSK totally take up some Spanish classes and consider a debut in the Latin/South American countries, more so than the US itself seeing how much greater media interest is being shown there. These media outlets are literally calling out to them to come over. Of course, this is all thanks to the hundreds of fans who made their fandom known.

Translation (of the text on the magazine):
For some reason, these boys from South Korea have cause commotion in many places around the world with their pop music and their peculiar style. They sing in their mother tongue, just one or two (N: “una u otra” in this is like some few songs) or some chorus in English or Japanese, but even with that they are a sensation. The acronym that shapes their name means “Rising gods of the East”. The five young men were choose carefully between hundreds of thousands of people, five years ago, for one big Asian label. All of them are child prodigies in music, and all of them have an interesting life. One of them grew up on EEUU, another lived in extreme poverty. These boys and their fashion look are protagonist in hundreds of commercials and advertisements in the Asian continent, they have conquered Japan, China and even Thailand, and are one of the few bands that have been able to bring together more than forty thousand people in one Korean concert. Now with their 4th album and after training as actors on TV, their next aim is to conquer our country.

Links:
DBSK on:
- Spanish National TV
- Peru National News
- Chile's Entertainment Show

source: dbsker
credit: uchihahikari@dbsgLJ
translated by: hollyhockyuu@LJ

#2 allison123

allison123

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 01:35 PM

i was like WOAH when i read this news..
i mean.. my skin hair almost stand up when i read this news..!!!!!!!!!

#3 myKPOPobsession

myKPOPobsession

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 01:36 PM

even though i'd prefer them to learn english rather than spanish, it'd still be cool for them to try and break into a different market. i love how they're so well received by the south american countries. maybe this exposure will eventually help them to become known in the u.s...and hopefully australia one day >.<

#4 roseltv

roseltv

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:40 PM

AWSOME! WOOT~ Looking forward to news from another non-Asian country ^^

#5 Guest_tangel_*

Guest_tangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2008 - 11:09 PM

yeppy~~~coolio~~~sooo happyyyyy clapclap .i feel so proud of our boyz^^...but i wish Suju can reach dis level of popularity 2....GO DONGBANGJUNIOR^^

#6 CraziiTing

CraziiTing

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 11:19 PM

wow. such popular boys :P
but its kinda expected since it is DBSK.
maybe this means i should concentrate on learning spanish now o.O
but i dont think DBSK needs to learn spanish.
they can just sing in korean :] not like american singers sing in other languages -.-

#7 CYBERHOBBIT

CYBERHOBBIT

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 11:26 PM

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: OH MY, I'M MEXICAN!!!!! AND THIS MAKES ME SO HAPPY TO SEE!!!! :iloveyou:

DBSK rocks!!

Edited by CYBERHOBBIT, 06 October 2008 - 11:27 PM.

#8 bLuE_bEaR_bLuE

bLuE_bEaR_bLuE

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 11:45 PM

yay dbsk has fans literally globally!!meanin eventually dey might tour da country n nudge nudge come aus!

#9 hitomi83

hitomi83

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:21 AM

:iloveyou: Yes!!! i'm mexican and when i saw the magazine i almost faint!!! inmediately i bought the newspaper that comes with it, it's amazing they're getting knowed not only by the internet but on the magazines too :thumbsup

Edited by hitomi83, 07 October 2008 - 12:23 AM.

#10 MISTRESS_VALO

MISTRESS_VALO

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 01:27 AM

I'm mexican and I wanna know what magazine is that, I need to get it!!! can somebody please tell me, please!!!!!!!! clapclap

#11 ChemMaster

ChemMaster

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2623 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 01:56 AM

I'm sooo happy to see the Tohoshinki boys get featured on a Mexican magazine, that is a HUGEE honor! clapclap

There's almost never ever any reports mentioning Asian artists getting featured on any magazines in the west. So proud of the boys and their hard work, this is pointing them in the wide direction for "world domination" haha!!

#12 hitomi83

hitomi83

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE (MISTRESS_VALO @ Oct 7 2008 1 27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm mexican and I wanna know what magazine is that, I need to get it!!! can somebody please tell me, please!!!!!!!! clapclap

It comes with a newspaper on sundays, the magazine's name is Dia Siete

#13 Yoosutic

Yoosutic

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1370 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:07 AM

im so proud of tem too! the aricle praise them like crazi hehe ^.^ they are starting thier mission world domintation. i really wanna se they in a non asian country. too although they havent veen much expose to the usa they should visit mexico nd tried their spicy food nd consider us ^.^ im so proud of them. the article is so alluring lolzx its like they won alradi ^.^ but to know they have an immense popularity in south america too is such a good thing. they are asia pride!

#14 kisna

kisna

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:23 AM

Yeay this made my day..I would Love DBSk and Super Junior to come here

#15 aznnehpets888

aznnehpets888

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:46 AM

dbsk is going to try to become popular in mexico? O.O thats great! but this is the first time i've heard this...haha

#16 alexkziel

alexkziel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 03:53 AM

Iam so happy!! I was so expecting this, come on Mexico, wake up and looks at this talented boys!!
Did you know that many artists are popular in Mexico first and then, they are more recognized in all the continent, including US for her big spanish community!

#17 AndLoveYelledNO

AndLoveYelledNO

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1052 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 04:02 AM

Peru has a lot of Asians so i'm not surprised.
Is it just me or is Latin America going to go through an Asian wave? First Asian dramas and now this? Pretty cool :)

#18 azngelique

azngelique

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 04:57 AM

FTW!! <3
dong bang shin ki forever.
hope they go here in USA again.
i have Mexican friends so im gonna ask them now. whooottttt..

#19 anikape127

anikape127

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 05:00 AM

this is really awesome :thumbsup

now i feel extremely excited xD
dbsk!!

#20 SuJuLuv

SuJuLuv

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 06:20 AM

:shocked: This proves it! DBSK is a world wide known band!!!! Love them!! Proud that they are known in soo many places!!

#21 Annjhelica

Annjhelica

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2507 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 05:42 PM

gosh.. Im so proud of DBSK!! :)) somehow, it pops into my mind if how does it feel being them.. :)) LOL!!

#22 greenteam0chi

greenteam0chi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2510 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:24 PM

their popularity keeps rising!! congrats to them!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users