AF needs funding again

Photo

Gong Yoo sent Eon off on his last journey, carrying his tablet during the funeral

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 francesca

francesca

Retired AF Global Minister

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11454 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 02:29 AM

[News 23-Aug] Gong Yoo who is currently serving Military Service, sent Eon off in the last journey, carrying his tablet during the funeral.

[Chinese translation by NaaL/yooko@:【gongyoo@PTT】http://blog.sina.com.tw/gongyooptt/]

Eon departed from this world at the young age of 27 years old..... funeral was carried out at dawn, with the company of grieving surviving family members and good friends

The funeral was brought forward to 4am on 23rd. With the company of more than 100 family members and friends, the farewell ceremony was carried out in a quiet and solemn atmosphere.

Out of respect for the wishes from Eon's parents, this ceremony was not open to public. At around 5am, the coffin was moved to the car. Among the team guarding the coffin, Gong Yoo who was carrying the tablet attracted attention.

Gong Yoo arrived quietly about 3 hours (around midnight) before the actual ceremony. He was accompanying Eon so that he won't feel lonely. He still couldn't believe that his good friend who was only 27 years old left the world just like that. Throughout the 4 hours ceremony, Gong Yoo expressed deep sorrow.

Many people attending the wake and mourning for him shows Eon's good personality and popularity among friends.

On this day, other than Gong Yoo, Ju Ji Hoon, etc., many artistes and models attended the wake. Everyone was sobbing when sending Eon off during this last journey. Eon's mom had to be supported by relatives to attend the ceremony. Eon's dad was suppressing his sorrows and staying quietly beside his beloved son.

After the cremation, Eon's remains will be buried in his hometown - Busan.

thanks to aalhl @ soompi.com

#2 Tomoe Gozen

Tomoe Gozen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 04:18 AM

He will be miss and glad his friends were there to see him off.. :down

#3 haneulnophi

haneulnophi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 11:33 AM

oh my god, I'm so shocked by this news,,, i hope he rest in peace,,,

#4 nonna

nonna

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 03:29 PM

Gong yoo is such a good man, excusing himself in the service for a while to pay his
last respect for his good friend and fellow actor. This indeed is a sad day for everyone
who loves Eon.

RIP Eon and farewell.

#5 beigebuddha

beigebuddha

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:16 AM

Regards to the Military for allowing Gong Yoo to be at his Friends side......

R.I.P. Lee Eon

#6 soo_jin

soo_jin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:25 AM

He's leaving so soon... Still 27... Such a good man... :wave:
Rest in Peace, Eon-shi...

#7 Silly CA Girl

Silly CA Girl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 01:21 AM

Eon is such a great person. I love him in Coffee Prince. We'll always remember Lee Eon-sshi.

#8 nikitaangel

nikitaangel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 02:48 AM

Its weird to be watching Mighty Chilwu weekly and seeing Eon on screen while knowing that he's already dead and buried. He's so young, only 27, I still find it hard to believe that he's dead.

#9 kathkath

kathkath

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1230 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 05:14 PM

its a sad thing to see such a young actor leaving us so early especially after such a wonderful series coffee prince last year.